THE BROWNS BOARD

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/senators-last-ditch-effort-halt-210200029.html

How is it possible for the FCC to be able to repeal Net Neutrality while politicians, senators, and our government sits and act like they can do nothing about it.  How can the Chairman, Ajit Pai, enact something while the government acts helpless to do anything.  

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the cliff notes are simply that this is a deregulation  move that  feeds mega monopolies like Comcast, AT&T, etc. There are pros and cons to deregulation, but the general gist is larger corporations get an edge. Expect (I hope not) your communications bill to increase more than say a COLA.

I'll get beat up a bit for writing this, but hey, here goes:

A principal of communism is to have authoritarian control over politics and the economy. Well, the serious conservatives label the far left as communists, and it's basically accepted, hardly debated. Think about this though..the White House, Senate, and House are all under one party's "control." They are implementing policies that are reshaping the economy (as they should, in fairness, IF it's deemed broken).

As an American 1st, and a moderate D second, it worries me but let's see how it pans out. It may be more of a flaw in capitalism than say a political party, but the wealthy 2% control about 95% of the economy. Let's just hope this does MAGA, and not just line people's pockets.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Bob's right. Even though we are not pure communists we share that with them as we probably do with any other powerful governments no matter what style they take. Control the media you control the country.

WSS

Wut exactly is the difference between an elected govt controlling the media vs a cabal of wealthy individuals who iwn everything and overlay all media with their own corporate interests? 

In the end its a few people fukking over alot of people for their own personal gain. Corporate america runs our economy just the same way the ole ussr ran theirs. They decide who gets in on the fun and who doesnt. That situation was the whole reason our govt was formed in the first place to prevent from happening. But everytime some govt agency gets in on these guys they run screaming to their media outlets and we hear "communism communism communism".

Like this sht with the consumer protection agency. If they overstepped their charter than fine, put a check on them. But everyone on one side of the aisle wants to shut down these agencies that while not perfect, are sometimes the only check to profound corporate corruption. The kind that caused the 07 crash. The day i start hearing republicans talk about overhauling an agency so it does better at orotecting the american people ergo protecting capitalism, ill vote republican again....srsly. But all they wanna do is deregulate everything cause u know companies woyldnt dream of doing Sheet like dumping industrial chems in the sewers or sht like that. Oh wait they would i witnessed it personally at a former job. 

When companies look around and dont feel they're being watched, they cut corners like its sport. And they give no fuks if it hurts people so long as sht cant be traced to them

You might want to condense your rant just a little bit Cleve. Like I said earlier about fascism no theoretical form of government is inherently evil. And any form of theoretical government can be made Evil by human nature. 

You never hear me complain about communism beyond the fact that I believe that human nature itself will make it unworkable. Everybody wants more than everybody else and the people at the top of the party want Power. Same with a republic same with a pure democracy...

But there's always the possibility that if the FCC wants to punish somebody it's pretty easy to do. And they control everything right now. And to be honest with you I don't see how that is changing or what we could do to change it. What do you think?

WSS

11 hours ago, BrownsKidd said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/senators-last-ditch-effort-halt-210200029.html

How is it possible for the FCC to be able to repeal Net Neutrality while politicians, senators, and our government sits and act like they can do nothing about it.  How can the Chairman, Ajit Pai, enact something while the government acts helpless to do anything.  

Because these departments should have complete autonomy and authority when their agenda aligns with policies you'd support.  They should be abolished if they support an agenda contrary to your beliefs.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

It will revert back to the way it was pre 2015.  Anything that reverses something that Obummer did, I'm all for.

Let me know how much your bill goes up in 6 months.  

Also I'll make sure to PM Stan to see what additional costs will be tacked on to this board as well.

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I love how this indian guy just sht all over american capitalism and culture, but because he's a trump appointee its all cool. Had cal penn done something like this when he was working for obama there would have been american fatwas issued

He literally trolled the sht out of all of u and u didnt pick up on it. Stupid americans do as stupid americans do

smfh

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Oh my good heavens the unfounded alarmist doom-criers

Its not unfounded. Whenever dereg happens bills go up. We'll see how it plays out.

washington state has come out and said they are going to enforce neutrality in their state. A couple more states follow suit and companies arent going to navigate state regs that vary. That'll shut this down

30 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Its not unfounded. Whenever dereg happens bills go up. We'll see how it plays out.

washington state has come out and said they are going to enforce neutrality in their state. A couple more states follow suit and companies arent going to navigate state regs that vary. That'll shut this down

Good, but it's more likely they'll just say fu¢k Washington state and then some Podunk hipster internet company will try to pick up the slack and realize that it's not that easy to provide unlimited bandwidth to data hungry streaming enthusiasts 

Archived