THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorsey Hired

Adoug319

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

MY POV is they're sitting on the Titanic singing "My nearer my God to thee..." 

At least we finally threw off the ship's designer and architect......... 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, wargograw said:

He didn't make the final decision. Tour's answered this question at least a half dozen times. Why did you ask it again? Do you just not like the answer?

Great- then who in the f**king hell was making the decisions? I'm old and bordering on Alzheimer's. Enlighten me. Congrats, you've just painted yourself into a corner. 

21 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Hue made that call as much as anyone. He “fell in love” with RG3 after he was “floored” by his workout. His good friend Mike Silver, who was in the browns war room on draft night, tweeted that Hue liked Wentz but not at #2. The quotes and evidence is out there if you wish to see it. 

Also you’re completely wrong about Kizer being a analytics pick. His numbers weren’t conducive to being an analytics pick. What he IS, is clearly a tall strong armed QB not scared to turn it loose. Anyone would think Hue Jackson had a type....

Dude, Wentz would be a bust under Hue. I could care less about him.

1 minute ago, Hempman said:

Dude, Wentz would be a bust under Hue. I could care less about him.

Totally agree. He will ruin Rosen or whichever QB he falls in love with and forces Dorsey/Haslam to draft, probably Josh Allen because he has a big arm.  

9 minutes ago, Hempman said:

Its scary isn't it. I fear this franchise won't survive Jimmyworld.

oooooh, that reminds me...... HBO's West World should be starting again soon. 

1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

HBO is making a new show too. “Jimmy Eat World”, where James Haslam buys the Cleveland Browns and tarnishes their legacy even more.

Sounds like a horror movie to me..... 

11 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

John Dorsey to the pit of misery! Dilly dilly. 

If only the team would throw Hue in the Lake now, and save him the trouble of waiting for 1-15. Face it guys, unless we somehow beat DA Bears, welcome to 0-16 loserville. Thanks Sashi. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

If only the team would throw Hue in the Lake now, and save him the trouble of waiting for 1-15. Face it guys, unless we somehow beat DA Bears, welcome to 0-16 loserville. Thanks Sashi. 

About time we do something right though - if we're gonna suck, well by all means...... suck so bad that history will forever remember us. 

16 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Just the opposite, this was reported by Albert Breer & Doug Dieken.

And what I said was reported by some other guys. So?

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

Really? So they put two options on a slip of paper and picked what they were going to do out of a hat. 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

London, all I'll say at this point is there's so much innuendo and contradictory reports, we can't really decide what the hell was going on. 

And yet you stand strongly with the ones you've chosen. Weird.

Great- then who in the f**king hell was making the decisions? I'm old and bordering on Alzheimer's. Enlighten me. Congrats, you've just painted yourself into a corner. 

Why did you ask this question twice? You may not be wrong about the memory loss. And why would I answer your question when you've asked it a half dozen times already and it's been explained just as many? You have no desire to know. 

On 12/9/2017 at 9:17 PM, hoorta said:
  1. and this time- I'm on Jimmy's side. 
  2. 3B That my friend is what sent Sashi out of town. he made the final decision if consensus wasn't reached,
  1. Just think about that a while... you and Jimmy... together.... lol
  2. And, once again, "my friend." you prove you do not understand the consensus process... not even close... not a clue...

Really? So they put two options on a slip of paper and picked what they were going to do out of a hat. 

Cute...

Guess I have a little private war going on with the consensus guys.

Yes... and you are losing... badly...

Been there... done that...

Moving on...

What I really stopped in here to discuss were the shots of Dorsey in Jimmah's ear all game long. Especially in light of Mike Florio's comment in NBC's SNF pregame show

Florio pretty much said Jimmah's comments about Hue having another year weren't worth the paper they are not written upon... that Dorsey has plenty of time to "help Haslam understand" how important it is for Dorsey to have his guy in the HC position.

And the kicker per Florio is that it is widely believed that Dorsey already knows who his guy is... that he has one name in mind.

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Moving on...

What I really stopped in here to discuss were the shots of Dorsey in Jimmah's ear all game long. Especially in light of Mike Florio's comment in NBC's SNF pregame show

Florio pretty much said Jimmah's comments about Hue having another year weren't worth the paper they are not written upon... that Dorsey has plenty of time to "help Haslam understand" how important it is for Dorsey to have his guy in the HC position.

And the kicker per Florio is that it is widely believed that Dorsey already knows who his guy is... that he has one name in mind.

I will cry no tears if that happens.   And I won't at all hold it against Jimmy if he doesn't keep his word about keeping Hue on.

But I am curious of course about who Dorsey would bring in, if he had that chance.

Any speculation on that name?  Of course, the place to look is the "Tree".  Since Dorsey is a part of the Bill Walsh tree....we can look there. Start with former HCs:

Mike Smith

Marty Morningwheg

Jon Gruden

Raheem Morris

Spagnuolo

Leslie Frazier

Jim Schwartz

Tom Cable

Scott Linehan

Mike Singletary

Mike Nolan

Rex Ryan

Brian Billick

Jim Zorn

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. And, once again, "my friend." you prove you do not understand the consensus process... not even close... not a clue...

But in his defense, and to be fair, no one really understands it........ well, except for you. ;)

I'm not sure the Browns can beat the Bears...did you see the can of whoop azz they opened on the Bungles yesterday?

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Moving on...

Continuity for it's own sake isn't good if it's not working. 1-15 looking at 0-16. That's enough to get any HC fired. 

Any thoughts about why Jimmah decided Sashi was the main reason the Browns are 1-28 going on 1-31?

PS- Kizer actually looked like an NFL QB yesterday, until he did a Weeden whoopsie in OT.

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

But in his defense, and to be fair, no one really understands it........ well, except for you. ;)

And maybe War. :rolleyes: Gee maybe I'm under the mistaken impression (and a bunch of other guys) Sashi had final control of the roster? 

Sashi's last 2 drafts: 24 picks, 20 will be multi-year NFL contributors.. Whether that's analytics or throwing darts at a board, it's better than most [all?] other GM's in the same time or same # of draft selections.  And 1 extra 1 / 2 extra 2 in the 2018 draft.  He'll get another GM job and if he's given the reins, he'll make a team that wins longer than the current Browns -- because..

Dorsey's hit rate on players and trade-down rate to acquire extra picks is nowhere near Sashi's.

But hey, a new GM changes everything.. especially Hue Jackson's clock management and playcalling!

You do realize Dorsey was fired for poor cap management at KC, right? Right?

*crickets*

44 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Sashi's last 2 drafts: 24 picks, 20 will be multi-year NFL contributors.. Whether that's analytics or throwing darts at a board, it's better than most [all?] other GM's in the same time or same # of draft selections.  And 1 extra 1 / 2 extra 2 in the 2018 draft.  He'll get another GM job and if he's given the reins, he'll make a team that wins longer than the current Browns -- because..

Dorsey's hit rate on players and trade-down rate to acquire extra picks is nowhere near Sashi's.

But hey, a new GM changes everything.. especially Hue Jackson's clock management and playcalling!

*crickets*

You’re just whining because your boy got fired. Sure they were multi-year contributors, because children of the corn style cuts occurred and there was no one left on the roster. Literally a kid off the street could of gotten signed off the practice squad. Those metrics obviously didn’t = results and that’s part of the large reason we’re 1-28. A combination of Hue, Sashi, and ultimately Jimmy’s inefficiency.

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Moving on...

I got that impression also.  Haslam didn't look happy, and Dorsey was talking to him constantly.   I doubt Hue will be around in January.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

*crickets*

Thing is Sashi traded down at a rate that was unprecedented in the NFL. He paid the price for valuing picks over a potential franchise qb staring him in the face. 20 will be multi year contributors? Sorry if I think your math is way off. I see 5 picks from 2016 alone that I'll bet won't even be on the roster next year. One is already gone, but so what there- probably only 10% of 7th round picks stick. Probably a couple more from 2017. Andddd... It's easy to have those draft picks on the roster, when you essentially nuke the roster of veterans. 

BTW, I'll wait for the "consensus" and "we have a process in place" guys explain why if it was all going so great- Haslam decided Sashi was the primary reason for lack of progress. I'm not buying the he got impatient again schtick. 

I'm willing to give Dorsey a chance (like any of us have a choice). 

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

Not true, but thanks anyway for the recognition.

40 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Thing is Sashi traded down at a rate that was unprecedented in the NFL. He paid the price for valuing picks over a potential franchise qb staring him in the face. 20 will be multi year contributors? Sorry if I think your math is way off. I see 5 picks from 2016 alone that I'll bet won't even be on the roster next year. One is already gone, but so what there- probably only 10% of 7th round picks stick. Probably a couple more from 2017. Andddd... It's easy to have those draft picks on the roster, when you essentially nuke the roster of veterans. 

BTW, I'll wait for the "consensus" and "we have a process in place" guys explain why if it was all going so great- Haslam decided Sashi was the primary reason for lack of progress. I'm not buying the he got impatient again schtick.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Any thoughts about why Jimmah decided Sashi was the main reason the Browns are 1-28 going on 1-31?

PS- Kizer actually looked like an NFL QB yesterday, until he did a Weeden whoopsie in OT.

First... How dare you besmirch Wheezy's legacy! Kizer's pass was nowhere near Wheezy worthy. Wheezy did not need assists from Defenders to make a throw like that.

Second... of course Jimmah's impatience played a role. It is his shtick... but it was fed by others this time.

Hue got Jimmah's ear. We know that from the McCarron gambit, which you and other Sashi detractors laud him for scuttling. I think that was the opening that led to Sashi's downfall. That opened Jimmah to more "input" from Hue on where the responsibility for the record lay.

Add in the culmination of the "Football Guy Search" (which undoubtedly included dinners with Dorsey and likely included more "it did not have to be this bad" whimsy) and top that with Sashi's reluctance to accept Dorsey in a process-destroying role.

Third... remember "the approach" (not to be confused with the process), which included picking up draft picks via the loss of veterans thru FA, was agreed to by Jimmah.

2 hours ago, stillmotion said:

because children of the corn style cuts occurred

Dude...... warn a guy before typing something like this :lol:

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Hey! You stole part of my sig!

Interesting thought on Sashi's future with another team. It is hard to believe that at least one team will not see what he accomplished in Berea. Whoever does hire him will set the bigger Berea exodus in motion.

Archived