THE BROWNS BOARD

Sashi fired

Adoug319

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Three years ago.

People who don't live under power lines realized that his best days are past and lo and behold, he's missed a big chunk of the season again.

Powerlines don't matter if you wear one of these foil caps. Want one?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, wargograw said:

Oh shut up D Bone. You’ve gotta he kidding me. How are you going to complain when this is EXACTLY what you wanted?

and you guys get offended when people tell you you whine just to whine. 

You got what you wanted. Zip it with the crying. 

Someone needs a hug 

Sashi earned his pink slip. No matter what you think of the players he drafted, he basically ignored the QB position. I would be very curious to know the QB conversations between Sashi and Hue leading up to the drafts and in free agency. If Hue wanted Wentz or Watson and Sashi opted against it, no way I am going to hold Hue accountable, if he was against those guys then his QB judgement comes into question. Its something we may never really know. I understand people think Hue should go to and its hard to argue against it, but I think 3 years shows you are willing to give a coach time and given the roster makeup, how many games would you expect Hue to have won by now, 2.....3? I don't think we could have won more than 2 and one of those losses is squarely on DeShone. It will be interesting to see how the Browns approach the draft and free agency this year.

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

The Joe Haden thing killed Sashi. Haden was close to Joe Thomas in fan support. 

It may have been one of the final nails, but it wasn't the first- or the last. The first was the whiff on Wentz, the last was the botched trade for McCarron. If Haslam gave that deal the green light, (in the attempt to actually win a game this year) and Sashi blew it on purpose- that's direct insubordination to your boss, and plenty enough to get you fired. 

I WILL restate what I have said among friends for a long time...I will not be surprised to read or hear one day that Sashi becomes Goodell's successor. Say what we may but Sashi Brown is a brilliant man. He'll land on his feet.

Mike

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

1) We don't know that yet War- I hope its addition by subtraction. 

2) True that, and one of the many reasons Sashi is gone. see my previous post. 

Not mad, sad. But hell, if the Giants canned the GM and HC after a good season and one bad, we can't say 1-15, followed by 0-12 isn't acceptable? 

1. It’s not

2. That was sarcasm. Sashi has been a great drafter. 

8 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Actually most people didn't want Sashi fired including me.... Check the browns reddit, majority of them wanted to keep him and get rid of Hue, not the opposite.

Blaming the fans, who have put up with arguably one of the very worst past 20 years in sports history is just plain stupid. I know you had a hard-on for Sashi, but all along I was saying that it's Jimmy's ineptitude that would ultimately break your beloved "process". The biggest mistake that you made was putting your 100% trust that Jimmy Haslam would follow some plan he said he'd stick with. It wasn't "Sashi's process" because ultimately it's Jimmy running the show, and he made it "Jimmy's process".

I’d rather people get disinterested so we could actually get something done without the pressure of impatient fans. 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Really? Whining? How about expressing my\our extreme dissatisfaction with the current state of the team you've been rooting for your entire life? 

We could put it the other way around and say the Sunshine Pumpers have had their heads buried in the sand for ________  pick a time period. The resident Prophet Ghoolie (and I hate to call him that) called it day one. 

& War, please get real. It's not like everything the Browns have done over the past couple of seasons is above criticism. There's this "Grand Process" Sahsi & the FO have in place that you non-Harvard educated schmucks are too stupid to understand. 

Yeah. Whining. 

Ans yes, they apparently are too stupid to understand. 

7 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Yeah the rest of those picks are great! I bet if they played football they would win a bunch of....oh they are historical levels of terrible. 

Cdl may have been one of Sashi’s scouts given his blind eye for talent.

They’re the youngest team in the league by a large margin. Covering your ears and screaming 1-27 doesn’t make it untrue. 

That Devalve pick didn’t blow your hair back?

That was a “Sashi thinks he is smarter than the league” pick.

The 4th pick who’s shown a ton of promise in only his second year? Who for awhile outplayed a first rounder? Find a better argument. 

Sashi, one of the factors in this turd pile, is gone. The complaining will subside for the moment. Hue should have been pink slipped as well. 

Yeah then we’ll be awesome. 

5 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Whether or not we agree with the firing of Sashi, it HAS happened & those of us who remain as Browns' Fans will deal with whatever happens in the future.

Personally (IMHO) regardless of won-lost record, this Browns' Team is in better shape , talent wise, than it was 2 years ago. That being said, we have sorely neglected offensive playmakers & that may well have been Sashi's demise. While none of us know what has really taken place within the organization, many questions may be answered by future actions/reactions.......

Canton Mike

Mike

If only Sashi had a plan in place to fill the holes we have. Oh wait, FIVE first and second rounders. 

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

Someone needs a hug 

Yeah. You, the last year and a half. 

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

I’d rather people get disinterested so we could actually get something done without the pressure of impatient fans. 

I’d say this all has more to do with Jimmy’s ego and impatience then anything to do with the fans. Was it your patience that forced poor Jimmy to make that move? 

16 hours ago, Richiswhere said:

lots of contributors. not so much on impact

Agreed. Did an okay job but like a football player if there is room to improve you do it. 

I believe if Sashi woulda picked the talent in 99 and 2000 this team woulda been so much better so much quicker.

5 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Wins and losses killed Sashi.

Somehow, Hue has sweet talked his way out of facing the guillotine. He should be gone too.

How can you keep him around through the end of the season without sweet talking him. Jimmy said Hue's staying. Sounds to me like a typical kiss of death for head coaches with a 1-27 record.

5 hours ago, wargograw said:

They’re the youngest team in the league by a large margin. Covering your ears and screaming 1-27 doesn’t make it untrue. 

The 4th pick who’s shown a ton of promise in only his second year? Who for awhile outplayed a first rounder? Find a better argument. 

No one on that list except for the first pick (which was a no-brainer) was setting the world on fire. Sashi and Co. got a collection of average at best and ditched any potential vets that could help to lead position groups.

Yes the 4th round pick who was outperforming the underperforming first rounder. That is more an indictment of Njoku's early season play than an endorsement for Devalve. The WRs are totally inept. Of course the TEs will have the burden of having to catch more of the footballs (see Gary Barnidge). Devalve was a reach by a large margin. He was likely going to be an UDFA (all grades pointed in that direction) but he got a nice SPARQ score, so screw it, use a 4th rounder.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Seriously?

Watson had 19 passing tds in 7 games. He threw for 4 tds twice and 5 tds once. With Watson do you wonder if the Browns maybe would have won some of those games vs having coke bottle glasses Kizer who couldnt hit Rosie ODonnell in the butt with a football.

Watson is anything but RG3. Would you care to wager that Houston wont be choosing a QB high in the draft, but the Browns most definitely will take a QB with one of those 1st round picks?

Watson is exactly rg3, or have you forgotten how electric rg3 was in 2012?  Dude will get figured out by the nfl, then get blown up again (and again). I’m glad for the Texans fans who believe they found the answer, but I wouldn’t want To have to constantly worry about my QB blowing his knee out by sneezing. 

Dunno if its been said...

out lack of patience is disturbing

i would have liked to see where moneyball took us.

the draft maneuvering... stickpiled picks... cap space.  It had potential to be epic if it went to conclusion.

hue needs a coordinator...sashi should have stayed.  Imho.

Jimmy is the problem.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Seriously?

Watson had 19 passing tds in 7 games. He threw for 4 tds twice and 5 tds once. With Watson do you wonder if the Browns maybe would have won some of those games vs having coke bottle glasses Kizer who couldnt hit Rosie ODonnell in the butt with a football.

Watson is anything but RG3. Would you care to wager that Houston wont be choosing a QB high in the draft, but the Browns most definitely will take a QB with one of those 1st round picks?

It depends how badly this injury winds up slowing him down as to whether he turns out to be rg4.

The big problem with RG3 was the attitude. Looks like he overcame that so I had no problem with that selection. Unfortunately no gas left in the tank and a line that couldn't protect anybody even if his health were 100% it would be like driving a Maserati in a demolition derby.

WSS

8 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

Watson is exactly rg3, or have you forgotten how electric rg3 was in 2012?  Dude will get figured out by the nfl, then get blown up again (and again). I’m glad for the Texans fans who believe they found the answer, but I wouldn’t want To have to constantly worry about my QB blowing his knee out by sneezing. 

Unfortunately you can't get passed the color of a man skin because if you could then you would realize their careers and talent aren't even comparable 

5 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Dunno if its been said...

out lack of patience is disturbing

i would have liked to see where moneyball took us.

the draft maneuvering... stickpiled picks... cap space.  It had potential to be epic if it went to conclusion.

hue needs a coordinator...sashi should have stayed.  Imho.

Jimmy is the problem.

Patience is certainly a problem around here. Yes I bitched and point out the unprecedented failure but if it's a plan I think we deserved three years. But if your trust his more with Hugh Jackson then Sashi Brown this was the way to go. In a competent GM should be able to strike gold on a few of these pics we have accumulated. And frankly I don't think we've struck enough gold with the ones we've had. We might have struck a small silver or copper lode but even the four star solid gold number one Garrett hasn't been the game changer we'd hope for. With McCown Hawkins Barnidge Hayden Schwartz and even Pryor ( instead of Britt) that probably AJ McCarron we would have won more games. And two or three wins after a 1 and 15 season looks like progress.

WSS

14 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

Unfortunately you can't get passed the color of a man skin because if you could then you would realize their careers and talent aren't even comparable 

Only because the most mobile quarterbacks are usually black. And the most mobile quarterbacks are  the most likely to get hurt.

WSS

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Patience is certainly a problem around here. Yes I bitched and point out the unprecedented failure but if it's a plan I think we deserved three years. But if your trust his more with Hugh Jackson then Sashi Brown this was the way to go. In a competent GM should be able to strike gold on a few of these pics we have accumulated. And frankly I don't think we've struck enough gold with the ones we've had. We might have struck a small silver or copper lode but even the four star solid gold number one Garrett hasn't been the game changer we'd hope for. With McCown Hawkins Barnidge Hayden Schwartz and even Pryor ( instead of Britt) and probably AJ McCarron we would have won more games. And two or three wins after a 1 and 15 season looks like progress.

WSS

6 hours ago, wargograw said:

1. It’s not

2. That was sarcasm. Sashi has been a great drafter. 

list all the excellent draft picks sashi has made.  Him not selecting certain players and then selecting certain players(coleman, peppers, kizer to name 3)is why he got fired.

This is the second time Watson has blown a knee out, and Brady doesn’t rely on his mobility the way Watson does. Brady has won a lot of games, if Watson does the same I’ll eat my words, but two blown out knees at this point in his career doesn’t look good. 

Brady wins from the pocket, Watson doesn’t have the arm to win without keeping a defense off balance (havin one of the best receiving corps in the league doesn’t hurt either). If Watson tries to remove the running element of his game, he will get exposed.  If he doesn’t remove the running he’s gonna keep stacking up injuries.  I love the guys personality and leadership, but I don’t see a franchise QB for 10+ years. 

13 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

What other injuries has Watson had? He played 2 - 15 game full seasons at Clemson before being drafted. 8 games as a freshman. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/deshaun-watson-1.html#all_3421245544

Brady blew his knee out too about 9 years ago. I guess he better not sneeze.

5 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

This is the second time Watson has blown a knee out, and Brady doesn’t rely on his mobility the way Watson does. Brady has won a lot of games, if Watson does the same I’ll eat my words, but two blown out knees at this point in his career doesn’t look good. 

Deshaun Watson suffered both injuries in knees in practice. Last one was with no contact. 

Tom Brady suffered his knee injury when he was way older than Deshaun Watson currently is and it was in a contact play during a game. 

He's not getting younger, so if his guy gets injured next season, I hope you all quit saying that Sashi made a mistake not drafting him

8 hours ago, wargograw said:

Yeah. You, the last year and a half. 

Man, just because you were wrong about the Browns sticking with their awesome Process for the long haul, you don't have to be such a meanie.... 

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Wins and losses killed Sashi.

Somehow, Hue has sweet talked his way out of facing the guillotine. He should be gone too.

I'd just about guarantee you he will be here next year.  If he blows it next year, then he will be gone.  Hopefully we get a good OC.

6 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I'd just about guarantee you he will be here next year.  If he blows it next year, then he will be gone.  Hopefully we get a good OC.

rex ryan will demote hue to OC..........

run, run, pass, punt.

23 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Man, just because you were wrong about the Browns sticking with their awesome Process for the long haul, you don't have to be such a meanie.... 

He's the type of dude who fails to even explore the possibility that he could ever be wrong. Saying that Sashi is a great drafter is like your uncle saying he picks up a lot of hot babes, and then you come across evidence that those in fact "hot babes" actually look like Malaysian Water Buffalos, and your crazy uncle has been bullshitting all along.

10 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Just because Watson got his RG3 on for a few games before he blew his knee up going against air doesn’t mean the Browns should’ve drafted him... 

Fair comment.

People did call him RG IV before the draft.

You never know....that could be prophetic.

Archived