THE BROWNS BOARD

Sashi fired

Adoug319

6 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I give up with Haslam, this organisation is going nowhere. 

So Hue is a great coach and it’s the players that are all bad. Got it. 

Yeah I think many of us have been saying exactly this.

Even though I don't support another reboot.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, wargograw said:

1) Yep. The whiners got their propitiation. Hope they’re enjoying it, because it certainly didn’t make the franchise any better. 

2) But but they missed on a bunch of receivers!

1) We don't know that yet War- I hope its addition by subtraction. 

2) True that, and one of the many reasons Sashi is gone. see my previous post. 

Not mad, sad. But hell, if the Giants canned the GM and HC after a good season and one bad, we can't say 1-15, followed by 0-12 isn't acceptable? 

Yep. The whiners got their propitiation. Hope they’re enjoying it, because it certainly didn’t make the franchise any better. 

Actually most people didn't want Sashi fired including me.... Check the browns reddit, majority of them wanted to keep him and get rid of Hue, not the opposite.

With our fans though, who can blame him? They have exactly the organization their impatience deserves. 

Blaming the fans, who have put up with arguably one of the very worst past 20 years in sports history is just plain stupid. I know you had a hard-on for Sashi, but all along I was saying that it's Jimmy's ineptitude that would ultimately break your beloved "process". The biggest mistake that you made was putting your 100% trust that Jimmy Haslam would follow some plan he said he'd stick with. It wasn't "Sashi's process" because ultimately it's Jimmy running the show, and he made it "Jimmy's process".

2 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Actually most people didn't want Sashi fired including me.... Check the browns reddit, majority of them wanted to keep him and get rid of Hue, not the opposite.

Blaming the fans, who have put up with arguably one of the very worst past 20 years in sports history is just plain stupid. I know you had a hard-on for Sashi, but all along I was saying that it's Jimmy's ineptitude that would ultimately break your beloved "process". The biggest mistake that you made was putting your 100% trust that Jimmy Haslam would follow some plan he said he'd stick with. It wasn't "Sashi's process" because ultimately it's Jimmy running the show, and he made it "Jimmy's process".

I was not a fan of the front office but didn't want them fired.  I don't know if you can be more patient than Browns fans.  If any other franchise was in the toilet for as long as this dumpster fire fans would be rioting in the streets.

8 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

I was not a fan of the front office but didn't want them fired.  I don't know if you can be more patient than Browns fans.  If any other franchise was in the toilet for as long as this dumpster fire fans would be rioting in the streets.

"The greatest trick the Haslam ever pulled was convincing the world a process existed."

1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

"The greatest trick the Haslam ever pulled was convincing the world a process existed."

I'm not a huge believer that a new GM should rock a franchise but for whatever reason a new GM suggests the coach is gone at the next possible moment.  Unless you promote from within I think firing a coach can set you back a few years.

49 minutes ago, wargograw said:

and you guys get offended when people tell you you whine just to whine. 

Really? Whining? How about expressing my\our extreme dissatisfaction with the current state of the team you've been rooting for your entire life? 

We could put it the other way around and say the Sunshine Pumpers have had their heads buried in the sand for ________  pick a time period. The resident Prophet Ghoolie (and I hate to call him that) called it day one. 

& War, please get real. It's not like everything the Browns have done over the past couple of seasons is above criticism. There's this "Grand Process" Sahsi & the FO have in place that you non-Harvard educated schmucks are too stupid to understand. 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

I don't really get it.

Jimmy gave the guy the ok to dig a trench around his house, then got mad when he got some dirt on the siding

If you would've told me last night that someone was getting fired today, I would've pushed all my chips in on Hue. 

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

Well your tone sure shifted. 

Yep. The whiners got their propitiation. Hope they’re enjoying it, because it certainly didn’t make the franchise any better. 

But but they missed on a bunch of receivers!

-Logicis4squares

-Other mad people

Yeah the rest of those picks are great! I bet if they played football they would win a bunch of....oh they are historical levels of terrible. 

Cdl may have been one of Sashi’s scouts given his blind eye for talent.

4 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Yeah the rest of those picks are great! I bet if they played football they would win a bunch of....oh they are historical levels of terrible. 

Cdl may have been one of Sashi’s scouts given his blind eye for talent.

I don't quite understand how someone could post the draft picks of the last two seasons and think that is a case to keep Sashi.

There's a ton of quantity, pretty lean on quality.

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

That Devalve pick didn’t blow your hair back?

That was a “Sashi thinks he is smarter than the league” pick.

I think there's some good players in the last two drafts, players that should help the Browns in the years to come. I don't think the Browns have drafted horribly in the last two drafts, I just don't feel like they were all that good either. Basically, I felt the "Process" was kind of stuck in neutral as it pertained to a rebuild.

A few people have mentioned how Sashi has this team in great cap shape, and some GM is going to walk in and benefit greatly from Sashi's cap work.

The same exact thing was said about Joe Banner when he was fired and replaced by Sashi Brown.

I don' understand firing sashi unless Haslam has his eye on someone else. 

Our failures are 100% on Hue. He is the one who wanted Kessler (who didn't play bad last year and turned to Sheet under his tutelage)

He is the one who hasn' brought in a OC and the offense is worse than last year.

Hue is the one responsible for our team being undisciplined.

Hue is the one that can't get challenge right.

So what did sashi do wrong? Passing on a D2 QB with the #2 overall pick and racking up picks for it. Wentz wasn't a sure thing I understand that. The one bonehead move is the Britt deal but I don't think it's a fireable offense

Stosh was with the Jags for 5 years. Losing years. He left, they got better.  Maybe after 4 1/2 years here, he'll do the same. Being smug and arrogant or s one thing. Blowing a trade on draft day when the boss said go did him in. Doesn't matter if you like the trade or not. Stosh could make a trade with no timeline but not on the last day. He blew it with the paperwork. Or he disobeyed a direct order from haslam. That'll get you too.. passed on way to many playmaker type players for magic beans. Good phukking riddance to bad news. And hue may only have till the end of the season. 

Bernie Kosar for GM!

https://articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/12/firing_sashi_brown_keeping_hue.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Agree with this article 100%

I don't see how anybody who has watched this team the past 2 years can be okay with Hue Jackson being our coach in 2018...

Sashi... I couldve seen 1 more year with all the assets he has in place...

I guess we're "trying again" but please... do not let Hue be part of it.

36 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I don't quite understand how someone could post the draft picks of the last two seasons and think that is a case to keep Sashi.

There's a ton of quantity, pretty lean on quality.

The PD article listed the "hits". I'll limit it to Garrett (no brainer) and Njoku. Jury out on the rest. 

30 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Jesus Christ some of you are the whiniest bitches I’ve ever heard.

Plenty to "bitch" about TC. Glad you think 1-27 is all peaches and cream.   :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

While I shed no tears for Sashi Brown getting fired today, if he did indeed sabotage the McCarron for a 2nd and 3rd rounder trade, he should have a statue built in his honor in front of the Browns stadium.

Can't be sure about anything with this organization. As Dbones says, I would have expected Hue getting fired before Sashi. Hopefully that same McCarron deal will not come through this offseason. Oh my god, I can hear the laughter of the media already. 

7 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

The aj mccarron deal was a desperation move on hues part cause he was saddled in the offseason with ossweiler, kessler, hogan and kizer. Think about that. Peyton manning wouldnt even contemplate having anything to do with cleveland with "that" qb situation. 

Hue wants mccarron as someone to play fir the team while the #1 pick next year studies under him. 

I'm calling BS. Kessler was HUES GUY. He's said it himself. The FO gave Hue his guy last year AND his CHOICE QB RG3. They also picked out an analytic QB in Hogan. Then after the season, RG3 was cut because he found out he isn't who he thought he was. This still gives Hue Kessler, his choice QB, going into his second year.

Osweiler was never considered to be the starter by the FO, that was just a bonus outcome-stretch of picking up a 16 million dollar second round pick. It helped the Texans and it helped us with our draft strategy. Still the F.O. goes out and gets a discount QB ala Kizer in the 2nd round to compete with Kessler and Hogan. Of course, Hue starts him since he finds out Kessler isn't who he thought he was. 

This is on Hue. Plenty of talent to win here... apparently better than 25 other NFL teams, according to one NFL player. I repeat, this is on Hue. 

Just now, boo fagley said:

But Sashi wiffed bad on Watson.

He gambled that all the 2017 QBs were basically the same and lost. Everything lined up against him. 

And we still have a coach with an NFL WORST 1-27 record.  Soon to be 1-31.

I’ve been saying this for weeks. 

FIRE THEM ALL

27 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I'm calling BS. Kessler was HUES GUY. He's said it himself. The FO gave Hue his guy last year AND his CHOICE QB RG3. They also picked out an analytic QB in Hogan. Then after the season, RG3 was cut because he found out he isn't who he thought he was. This still gives Hue Kessler, his choice QB, going into his second year.

Osweiler was never considered to be the starter by the FO, that was just a bonus outcome-stretch of picking up a 16 million dollar second round pick. It helped the Texans and it helped us with our draft strategy. Still the F.O. goes out and gets a discount QB ala Kizer in the 2nd round to compete with Kessler and Hogan. Of course, Hue starts him since he finds out Kessler isn't who he thought he was. 

This is on Hue. Plenty of talent to win here... apparently better than 25 other NFL teams, according to one NFL player. I repeat, this is on Hue. 

How is the president of the Kevin Hogan fan club today?

Whether or not we agree with the firing of Sashi, it HAS happened & those of us who remain as Browns' Fans will deal with whatever happens in the future.

Personally (IMHO) regardless of won-lost record, this Browns' Team is in better shape , talent wise, than it was 2 years ago. That being said, we have sorely neglected offensive playmakers & that may well have been Sashi's demise. While none of us know what has really taken place within the organization, many questions may be answered by future actions/reactions.......

Canton Mike

Mike

The Joe Haden thing killed Sashi. Haden was close to Joe Thomas in fan support. 

16 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

The Joe Haden thing killed Sashi. Haden was close to Joe Thomas in fan support. 

Three years ago.

People who don't live under power lines realized that his best days are past and lo and behold, he's missed a big chunk of the season again.

Archived