THE BROWNS BOARD

Sashi fired

Adoug319

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

I suppose that's OK- but AJ is a RFA next year- and the Bengals can tender him, they certainly won't just let him walk away for nothing. If they put a second round tender on him- no thanks. Right now that would mean the Browns would have to give up the #33 pick for him. Too much, IMHO. (You have to give up your pick- I'd have no problems giving them the second rounder we have from the Eagles, which is going to be at the bottom of the second round. )

Yeah i agree thats too much. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ghoolie said:

Couldn't agree more. There is enough talent on this team to be a 5- 11   6 - 10 club. 

How do win 5 games in the nfl with a qb that routinely shts the bed in the endzone and wr's that cant catch? Ur here every week bemoaning our lack of talent at multiple positions offense and defense, yet now claim this collection of camp trade me downs are good for 5-6 games? Ummm no, they're not. 

How does this brand new claim of urs gel with ur very recent assertion that our defense is worse than last years? Where are u pulling these 5-6 wins from if everything across the board is worse than last year?

1 minute ago, Ghoolie said:

Couldn't agree more. There is enough talent on this team to be a 5- 11   6 - 10 club. Hue blows. Haslam Blows. What the hell is a new exec going to do in 1 year?

I would sincerely hope Tom- at least get us a Pro Bowl level QB. If Gordon can stay out of trouble, the Browns have offensive talent similar to the Texans- and we saw what they did when Watson started throwing the rock. Derek Anderson was a one season fluke. Since the 50s it's been Otto and Bernie- and that's about it. 

Question is just how patient is Jimmy going to be with this "X" version of a rebuild? There is some talent in place- and I agree, Hue doesn't know how to use it. 

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

How do win 5 games in the nfl with a qb that routinely shts the bed in the endzone and wr's that cant catch? 

How does this brand new claim of urs gel with ur very recent assertion that our defense is worse than last years? Where are u pulling these 5-6 wins from if everything across the board is worse than last year?

MHO is I think he's wrong about the defense- but spell Red Zone follies K-I-Z-E-R. 

Good. 

I do wish they would can Hue, or at the very least, get him an OC because he is awful.

DePodesta needs to go to next...

These analytic douches set us up with draft picks, no doubt about it.

But we can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot with these stupid draft blunders.

Hire a GM who can draft well, 

Get this fixed because it is a dumpster fire

How stupid do you have to be to announce you're keeping your coach... your crappy coach...?

Why couldnt Haslam just say he's firing Sashi and reevaluating Hue at the end of the year?  He constantly puts his foot in his mouth when he makes these moves... Let the new guy pick the coach. If he doesnt want Hue, then get somebody new.  It shouldn't be ths owner's decision...

Pretty sure Haslam is just cheap and doesnt want to pay Hue for 2 years after firing him...

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Does anyone think the term "Dumpster Fire" has about been played out?

How about being a bit more creative:

We have here a Cacophony of Clowns running this team.

This place is one big Fuyuckupalooza

In case you forgot Gip...  

I don't mind Depo staying as long as he's just managing team finances and contracts.. Let Football people do the work of football people... Let bean counters sort through assets (as in accrued monies)

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

I suppose that's OK- but AJ is a RFA next year- and the Bengals can tender him, they certainly won't just let him walk away for nothing. If they put a second round tender on him- no thanks. Right now that would mean the Browns would have to give up the #33 pick for him. Too much, IMHO. (You have to give up your pick- I'd have no problems giving them the second rounder we have from the Eagles, which is going to be at the bottom of the second round. )

They are absolutely going to do this. Haslam has said Hue stays and he gets his QB in McCarron. You can bank on this. 

A 2nd rounder for a previously 5th rounder that can’t beat out Andy Dalton

Shmuck Haslam and Shmuck Hue Jackson. 

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

They are absolutely going to do this. Haslam has said Hue stays and he gets his QB in McCarron. You can bank on this. 

A 2nd rounder for a previously 5th rounder that can’t beat out Andy Dalton

Shmuck Haslam and Shmuck Hue Jackson. 

Jimmy is giving Hue enough rope to hang himself... 

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I don't believe everything Jimmuh sez... I mean remember the nice press conference Sushi had? what was it 2 weeks ago? after Dee went Nuclear?.. He came out all Kock sure of himself and look what happened...

What a complete and total shitshow..... Too bad being historically inept wasn't the ultimate goal, as the Browns would've surely phucked that up and won the Super Bowl by accident. 

Worst thing about it Jimmy? I really don't care all that much anymore...... 

You people think the FO dropped the likes of Schwartz and Mack because they didn’t think they were any good? 

No they did it because the brief Haslam GAVE THEM was to strip down and start again. Jimmy said it himself it was a five year plan. 

And after 1.5 years he’s bailed. 

Shmuck this. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

You people think the FO dropped the likes of Schwartz and Mack because they didn’t think they were any good? 

No they did it because the brief Haslam GAVE THEM was to strip down and start again. Jimmy said it himself it was a five year plan. 

Shmuck this. 

Why because dumb hickbob didnt do things the way you wanted ?.. The writing was on the wall genius.. The plan wasnt working.. You dont give control of a team to an asshate harvard bean counter who has absolutely no idea how to assess and procure talent..

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

Why because dumb hickbob didnt do things the way you wanted ?.. The writing was on the wall genius.. The plan wasnt working.. You dont give control of a team to an asshate harvard bean counter who has absolutely no idea how to assess and procure talent..

No moron he did the things HE WANTED. 

He went down the analytics route hiring the bean counter. He said it was a five year plan. 

All the stuff you’re complaining about is the “hickbobs” fault you prick 

Just now, LondonBrown said:

No moron he did the things HE WANTED. 

He went down the analytics route hiring the bean counter. He said it was a five year plan. 

All the stuff you’re complaining about is the “hickbobs” fault you prick 

No shite you JackA$$.. We all know HickBob is a dumb motherShmucker.. Whats your excuse now?.. Go to pub and drown yourself in Stella then go home and take it out on your ole lady for all I care..  He obviously saw the plan wasnt working and pulled the plug on it.. Now live with it and shut your pie hole.. Jesus... Drunken Blimey!

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Nice comeback. 

I don’t drink Stella btw, prefer a Kronenbourg. 

Thats a good one.. Peace man.. I know your frustrated like all of us.. It's out of our control.. The only way we can make a difference is.. "Quit buying the goddamn tickets".. Take care of yourself and don't let these assholes get to ya.. its just entertainment, bro... Cheers!

5 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I give up with Haslam, this organisation is going nowhere.

So Hue is a great coach and it’s the players that are all bad. Got it.

hahahahahahaa....here comes another 5 yr rebuild, right in the middle of a 5 yr rebuild....ffffffwttt......hehehehehe...what a Shmucked up organization...

pubs and bars in europe don't stay open long enough for real clear headed alkies like myself to even have fun.

come to NY where i can take you to after hour joints where you do a certain knock, walk through someone's living room and find a club behind it.

best friend called out m. jordan when he walked into spot (hands on bible) and said 'you ain't no Fing michael jordan' while he was rubbing up on hairy legged fishnet stockinged woman of color who actually had matching fishnet colored mustache. 

one more for N.Yonkers VFW. prost you dirty ________z.

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

"this guy is going to be fired"

"that guy is going to be fired"

"the other guy is going to be fired"

months later, sashi gets fired.

"SEE? I WAS RIGHT"

Sachi had to go - arrogantly made stupid choices/mistakes. so there ya go.

Figured to be true- the weak leak in a chain has to be fixed - take out the weak link,

install a quality link.

Don't let the door give you a concussion on the way out, sachi.

Well your tone sure shifted. 

5 hours ago, Nero said:

I love the ''Sashi died for the Browns sins'' LOL! 

Yep. The whiners got their propitiation. Hope they’re enjoying it, because it certainly didn’t make the franchise any better. 

4 hours ago, cdl15 said:

Screenshot_20171207-111634.png

But but they missed on a bunch of receivers!

-Logicis4squares

-Other mad people

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

If you sack the GM but GAUARANTEE the HC his job, you’re telling all the players here they should never have been on this roster. 

The Browns today went back five years. Again. 

Yep. 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

What a complete and total shitshow..... Too bad being historically inept wasn't the ultimate goal, as the Browns would've surely phucked that up and won the Super Bowl by accident. 

Worst thing about it Jimmy? I really don't care all that much anymore...... 

Oh shut up D Bone. You’ve gotta he kidding me. How are you going to complain when this is EXACTLY what you wanted?

and you guys get offended when people tell you you whine just to whine. 

You got what you wanted. Zip it with the crying. 

51 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Shmuck this. 

With our fans though, who can blame him? They have exactly the organization their impatience deserves. 

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Shmuck this. 

Nope, other way around London.  I think Sashi sold Haslam a bill of goods he couldn't deliver on, Jimmy just went along for the ride. Brown had no experience running a team, and he's made numerous serious errors. Just maybe an ego problem to boot. When the buck stops at your desk, the "consensus" and "Group Think" stops there.  Here's the Hoorta litany of failure. Starting with dumping all the veteran leadership to save cap space for "the future". Kirksey and Joe Thomas are about all that's left as far as the vets are concerned. OK Mack was gone regardless, but they had to draft Coleman to replace Schwartz (dubious wash at best talent wise) Let a player we could have used this year (Gipson) walk, dumped Joe Haden when they easily had the cash to keep him around for another year. 

Went for quantity over quality at the WR position. Let Pryor walk because he was asking too much, and then played hardball with him when he found out he wasn't worth what he thought he was.(and then the rumors about bringing him back). BTW, ditto that with Schwartz. Brought in a total stiff Britt to replace him, drafted an injury prone Colman, and a bunch of other WRs who to date have been next to worthless.  (Kizer may be part of the problem there, but I don't want to get ahead of myself) We amassed picks at the price of passing on one sure-fire franchise qb (Wentz) and possibly another (Watson). What they've gotten in exchange for the bonus picks to date is a bunch of non difference makers. The QB room is a mess- I've said from day one Kizer was a mistake- and with 20\20 hindsight- that was an anal-itics pick. Kessler looks shell shocked, and Hue has- for whatever reason(s) buried Hogan on the inactive list. Regarding the QBs, looks like McCown isn't as washed up as the FO thought, and we'll see if buying a second round pick from the Texans for Osweiler was a good idea or not. 

So after 1-27, Haslam decided "The Process" was showing negative progress after 2-3\4 seasons, and Sashi was blowing smoke up his a$$ about his wonderful plan for long term success. If we were gosh, say at least 3-9 this year- it just might be different. It's been said here a bunch of times, you don't have to be historically bad to turn a team around. And the Browns are historically bad, in case you're keeping score. 

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Thats a good one.. Peace man.. I know your frustrated like all of us.. It's out of our control.. The only way we can make a difference is.. "Quit buying the goddamn tickets".. Take care of yourself and don't let these assholes get to ya.. its just entertainment, bro... Cheers!

LOL, if it's entertainment Nickers, it's like watching a bad movie- or Groundhog Day for the 20th time.   I've already said a bunch of times- I'm stuck with my tickets- I don't have the $20,000 to replace them if the Browns ever start playing decent again. We'll see if anyone in the primo seating is fed up, I'll ask for seat improvement next spring. I know for sure the big money folks (or corporations) in the Club Level have been dropping their tickets left and right- not a real issue if you have the disposable cash to buy back in.  As a sign of good will to us long term season ticket holders, how about cutting the price of our seats 10% next year Jimmy? 

Archived