THE BROWNS BOARD

Sashi fired

Adoug319

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mjp28 said:

WHAT? I was just showing the track records of the coaches, I thought Davis was OK (and run out of town on a rail). Holmgren?

AND I thought the BROWNS beat the Los Angeles Chargers......Oakland? Any other questions? 

just one.....

lube or no lube?

For those that care, this is Haslam's official statement regarding the firing of Sashi

Statement from Owner Jimmy Haslam:

"We have great appreciation and gratitude for Sashi's commitment and leadership to our organization but believe transitioning to someone with strong experience and success in drafting and building consistently winning football teams is critical to the future of the Cleveland Browns. Today we informed Sashi that we were going in a new direction. The 2018 draft and offseason is pivotal for our franchise, we need to ensure that we maximize our opportunity for success; with our picks, free agency and building our roster. Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department. We have begun the process of having productive conversations regarding leadership of our football operations and will provide further updates when appropriate. We thank Sashi for all his hard work and dedication to the Cleveland Browns."

Trying to keep Hue and saying he'll keep his job through 2018 is plain stupid for me. Either you keep a coach that goes 1-27 and doesn't get te best out of his roster (I don't care if the roster sucks, Superbowl winning teams have their roster problems too) or you are going to fire him but want to keep him ''calm''. 

I don't know what good does keeping a coach that knows that he's not staying next year. You're supposed to start looking for a coach as soon as you have a new GM, so you have to stay ahead in the coach searching ''race''. That's why the NY Giants decided to fire both McAdoo and Reese. You aren't getting anything positive out of a interin coach, but you can at least start your offseason already. 

I also think that the NY Giants move just triggered Sashi's firing, because if no one was fired, you can still be ''ahead'' in the interviews with new personnel. 

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Trying to keep Hue and saying he'll keep his job through 2018 is plain stupid for me. Either you keep a coach that goes 1-27 and doesn't get te best out of his roster (I don't care if the roster sucks, Superbowl winning teams have their roster problems too) or you are going to fire him but want to keep him ''calm''. 

I don't know what good does keeping a coach that knows that he's not staying next year. You're supposed to start looking for a coach as soon as you have a new GM, so you have to stay ahead in the coach searching ''race''. That's why the NY Giants decided to fire both McAdoo and Reese. You aren't getting anything positive out of a interin coach, but you can at least start your offseason already. 

I agree with you bro....

The source is kinda sketch on this one, Mary Kay C#$%, but she says Depo is staying. I don't trust her as a source, like i said.

10 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

For those that care, this is Haslam's official statement regarding the firing of Sashi

"We have great appreciation and gratitude for Sashi's commitment and leadership to our organization but believe transitioning to someone with strong experience and success in drafting and building consistently winning football teams is critical to the future of the Cleveland Browns. Today we informed Sashi that we were going in a new direction. The 2018 draft and offseason is pivotal for our franchise, we need to ensure that we maximize our opportunity for success; with our picks, free agency and building our roster. Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department. We have begun the process of having productive conversations regarding leadership of our football operations and will provide further updates when appropriate. We thank Sashi for all his hard work and dedication to the Cleveland Browns."

Finally, a sign of progress this year!

18 minutes ago, Nero said:

If I were the new GM...and the owner.....I would make a demand that Hue hire an OC.

I put as much blame for this poor performance on Hue as I do on Sashi.   

Hue is inept at managing a football game.  He has been inept at calling plays. 

Getting rid of Sachi won't cure those problems if Hue is still here, if Hue is still OC.

And the only thing I can about this is that I am glad....in this instance, that Jimmy cannot be trusted to keep his word.  He gives his word that Hue will be back next year?    Jimmy often fails to keep his word over such things.   Hopefully this will be another case of that.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Every coach wants to be a head coach regardless of the situation. Don't kid yourself. The only difference is if they have a choice between two head coaching jobs or feel they might be The Heir Apparent to a Hall of Fame coach.

WSS

....what? That's not what I said, at all. What I actually said was that many GM candidates will not take this job if it means Hue stays, which it sounds like he will. GM's want to hand pick their staff or at least have some control over it, which in this case they would not. That's going to eliminate a lot of guys right off the top. Don't kid yourself.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I didn't even see that.   An hour ago I had business to conduct.

But, because I am magnanimous, I will let him off the hook.  Instead of a hundred bucks....he can give me the $5.00 Sundae.

Magnanimous?

Sorry never accepted the sundae bet, just as you never accepted the $100.

1 hour ago, miktoxic said:

says a bet chizzler.

Nero's a chizzler?

4 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

....what? That's not what I said, at all. What I actually said was that many GM candidates will not take this job if it means Hue stays, which it sounds like he will. GM's want to hand pick their staff or at least have some control over it, which in this case they would not. That's going to eliminate a lot of guys right off the top. Don't kid yourself.

Sorry if I misunderstood but I would wager the same goes for GM's. 

Everybody wants to move up. And I don't suppose there's a team in the league that doesn't have some kind of friction between the coaches and the front office.

PS after re-reading I would guess the top guys already have a job?

WSS

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

But the process.......

According to Jimmy wasn't working. 

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Just hit an iceberg.

And was put out of it's misery. RIP. Sashi = exhibit "A" of the Peter Principle at work.

I'm all for keeping Hue. Not the coaches fault if he doesn't have the players. Give him at least one more year, and some decent players to work with. As some one said....."expecting a coach to win with this group is like asking a doctor to perform open heart surgery with a pair of pliers and a screwdriver."

Just now, Westside Steve said:

Besides Human Nature oh, in that you can't put 5 people in a room and get them to agree on anything, I don't see why it's such a major problem to get the general manager and the coaching staff at least on the same page?

WSS

I think it was General George S Patton who said it, one of my favorite quotes indeed: 

'If everyone in a group of people thinks alike, it's because someone is not thinking.'

19 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

I'm all for keeping Hue. Not the coaches fault if he doesn't have the players. Give him at least one more year, and some decent players to work with. As some one said....."expecting a coach to win with this group is like asking a doctor to perform open heart surgery with a pair of pliers and a screwdriver."

It IS the coaches fault that he:

A. Cannot manage a clock

B. Cannot call decent plays

C. Seems dazed and confused on the sideline

D. Can't seem to coach up his QBs...despite his reputation.

E. Cannot put a disciplined team on the field.

F. Cannot coach any team better than 1-27.

2 hours ago, miktoxic said:

there goes the 5 year plan out your bathroom window.

make sure you flush next time.

called BS from start like with holmgren while the sheep lined up at slaughter house.

Take a bow, Ghoolie, you called this one...  

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The reason why this team is 1-27 is Hue.

Sachi deserves fired for his poor QB choices.

Hue should be fired because day to day, week to week, play to play, Hue has been a Fuyuckup.

You think?  

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

I still think the new GM will have a say in who the HC is, regardless of what Jimmy said today.

Exactly Mark, no GM candidate worth a hill of beans is going to go along with that line of thinking if his opinion is Hue is part of the problem...   

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

"this guy is going to be fired" "that guy is going to be fired"

"the other guy is going to be fired"months later, sashi gets fired.

"SEE? I WAS RIGHT"Sachi had to go - arrogantly made stupid choices/mistakes. so there ya go.

Figured to be true- the weak leak in a chain has to be fixed - take out the weak link, install a quality link.

Don't let the door give you a concussion on the way out, sachi.

Putting a bean counter lawyer in charge with the final say-so? Jimmy finally figured out it was a bad idea. At least he left us with more cap room than any other team. New guy= please use wisely. With 20\20 hindsight, you can almost bet Sashi torpedoed the McCarron deal. Not that IMHO it was a BAD idea, and we were giving up way too much for AJ. 

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

Reading between the lines- I think Sashi was doing a terrible job in that regard. 

23 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Besides Human Nature, in that you can't put 5 people in a room and get them to agree on anything, I don't see why it's such a major problem to get the general manager and the coaching staff at least on the same page?

WSS

Only problem Steve is who will have the major input in the 2018 draft? I don't trust Hue's QB acumen at all, (were RG II and Kessler really his idea) ? It's damn critical to get it right for once. OR, OTOH- Hue wanted Wentz and Watson, and the anal-itics guys crammed Kizer down his throat? 

Hue is certainly a "nice guy" players coach, but we've documented his gameday shortcomings ad nauseum.  

The aj mccarron deal was a desperation move on hues part cause he was saddled in the offseason with ossweiler, kessler, hogan and kizer. Think about that. Peyton manning wouldnt even contemplate having anything to do with cleveland with "that" qb situation. 

Hue wants mccarron as someone to play fir the team while the #1 pick next year studies under him. 

Jimmy Haslem is about to find out why the raiders fired Hue Jackson, Should be a pretty fun time. Also It was me who called out sashi brown being a fall guy for hue when he was hired. Expect an OC in the offseason and a short leash for Hue Jackson in 2018 IF he makes it to the season that is. Cant really trust anything Jimmy is saying anyway. We'll know how the analytics have been affected at the end of season if/when more people are released and further at the draft and Free Agency period through the various data sets that come from it. I'm holding out hope that they fire Hue at the end of season if we go 0-16 which for the betterment of the team I've been hoping for since the season opener. Thanks for the Future Sashi :)

11 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

The aj mccarron deal was a desperation move on hues part cause he was saddled in the offseason with ossweiler, kessler, hogan and kizer. Think about that. Peyton Manning wouldn't even contemplate having anything to do with Cleveland with "that" qb situation. 

Hue wants mccarron as someone to play fir the team while the #1 pick next year studies under him. 

I suppose that's OK- but AJ is a RFA next year- and the Bengals can tender him, they certainly won't just let him walk away for nothing. If they put a second round tender on him- no thanks. Right now that would mean the Browns would have to give up the #33 pick for him. Too much, IMHO. (You have to give up your pick- I'd have no problems giving them the second rounder we have from the Eagles, which is going to be at the bottom of the second round. )

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I give up with Haslam, this organisation is going nowhere. 

So Hue is a great coach and it’s the players that are all bad. Got it. 

Couldn't agree more. There is enough talent on this team to be a 5- 11   6 - 10 club. Hue blows. Haslam Blows. What the hell is a new exec going to do in 1 year?

Archived