Adoug319

Sashi fired

So, can someone explain to me how this is going to go any differently than every other reset the team has had? 

I get firing Sashi, a sacrificial lamb is needed. I think the core plan of turning over an aging and under-performing roster and loading up on draft picks was the right move, but they took it to illogical extremes (namely not retaining the young homegrown talent like Gipson, Schwartz, and Benjamin, and trading out instead of picking Wentz) that made it impossible to win.

It will be interesting to see how the team responds on the field to this for the remainder of the season.

This report was filed on October 15th....but was denied by the Browns.   But just because someone denies something doesn't make it false:

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/10/15/report-browns-begin-searching-for-new-football-executive/

So this move may have been in the works since Mid October.

27 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Get ready for the AJ McCarron era.

Oh and by the way, he is a dreadful quarterback. 

That may be, but his mom is HOTTT!!!

30 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Get ready for the AJ McCarron era.

Oh and by the way, he is a dreadful quarterback. 

That may be, but his mom is HOTTT!!!

hue jackson in some people's mind might be some QB whisperer but is not a coach to fire up or instill confidence in any player in locker room no matter what branch he hit falling down coaching tree. he had his way in cinci and couldn't get one win in playoff games.

f.u.c.k. dorsey. hire mooch and bernie as co GMs, no matter what the cost. fire hue and bring in the hanson bros and ryans as coaches. you all obviously don't mind dirty play.

• Upvote 1

"this guy is going to be fired"

"that guy is going to be fired"

"the other guy is going to be fired"

months later, sashi gets fired.

"SEE? I WAS RIGHT"

Sachi had to go - arrogantly made stupid choices/mistakes. so there ya go.

Figured to be true- the weak leak in a chain has to be fixed - take out the weak link,

install a quality link.

Don't let the door give you a concussion on the way out, sachi.

A head coach that refuses to run the ball, baffles a 21 year old QB by starting or dropping him week to week and can’t call a timeout. Along with a QB that can’t beat out Andy Dalton. 

All the best Sashi, you’re better off out of it. 

Supposedly Hue is staying through 2018, got an alert from my Score App.

So Jimmy may be force-feeding a GM and coach, AGAIN. 

I thought billionaires were smart?

12 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I wholeheartedly agree with both these takes. 

11A50064-6EFA-4B40-AA0D-BE896ED1BDEB.png

I love the ''Sashi died for the Browns sins'' LOL! 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

question mark?

hue won in oakland....how many games? has he won one game here?

exactly.

at least mangini (took team on bus to play pre preseason to gear up and make team competitive only to get ridiculed). pettine was on right track trying to build D backfield while still having better OL and offensive weapons... davis would have kicked everyone in the butt for playing and whiffing like they have and the ryans would buy them a beer for winning.

i guess you were one of the fools who believed in this Sheet show as well as the holmgren genius move....????

HA!!

WHAT? I was just showing the track records of the coaches, I thought Davis was OK (and run out of town on a rail). Holmgren?

AND I thought the BROWNS beat the Los Angeles Chargers......Oakland? Any other questions? 

Just now, mjp28 said:

WHAT? I was just showing the track records of the coaches, I thought Davis was OK (and run out of town on a rail). Holmgren?

AND I thought the BROWNS beat the Los Angeles Chargers......Oakland? Any other questions? 

just one.....

lube or no lube?

For those that care, this is Haslam's official statement regarding the firing of Sashi

Statement from Owner Jimmy Haslam:

"We have great appreciation and gratitude for Sashi's commitment and leadership to our organization but believe transitioning to someone with strong experience and success in drafting and building consistently winning football teams is critical to the future of the Cleveland Browns. Today we informed Sashi that we were going in a new direction. The 2018 draft and offseason is pivotal for our franchise, we need to ensure that we maximize our opportunity for success; with our picks, free agency and building our roster. Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department. We have begun the process of having productive conversations regarding leadership of our football operations and will provide further updates when appropriate. We thank Sashi for all his hard work and dedication to the Cleveland Browns."

Trying to keep Hue and saying he'll keep his job through 2018 is plain stupid for me. Either you keep a coach that goes 1-27 and doesn't get te best out of his roster (I don't care if the roster sucks, Superbowl winning teams have their roster problems too) or you are going to fire him but want to keep him ''calm''. 

I don't know what good does keeping a coach that knows that he's not staying next year. You're supposed to start looking for a coach as soon as you have a new GM, so you have to stay ahead in the coach searching ''race''. That's why the NY Giants decided to fire both McAdoo and Reese. You aren't getting anything positive out of a interin coach, but you can at least start your offseason already. 

• Upvote 2

I also think that the NY Giants move just triggered Sashi's firing, because if no one was fired, you can still be ''ahead'' in the interviews with new personnel. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Trying to keep Hue and saying he'll keep his job through 2018 is plain stupid for me. Either you keep a coach that goes 1-27 and doesn't get te best out of his roster (I don't care if the roster sucks, Superbowl winning teams have their roster problems too) or you are going to fire him but want to keep him ''calm''. 

I don't know what good does keeping a coach that knows that he's not staying next year. You're supposed to start looking for a coach as soon as you have a new GM, so you have to stay ahead in the coach searching ''race''. That's why the NY Giants decided to fire both McAdoo and Reese. You aren't getting anything positive out of a interin coach, but you can at least start your offseason already. 

I agree with you bro....

The source is kinda sketch on this one, Mary Kay C#$%, but she says Depo is staying. I don't trust her as a source, like i said.

10 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

For those that care, this is Haslam's official statement regarding the firing of Sashi

Statement from Owner Jimmy Haslam:

"We have great appreciation and gratitude for Sashi's commitment and leadership to our organization but believe transitioning to someone with strong experience and success in drafting and building consistently winning football teams is critical to the future of the Cleveland Browns. Today we informed Sashi that we were going in a new direction. The 2018 draft and offseason is pivotal for our franchise, we need to ensure that we maximize our opportunity for success; with our picks, free agency and building our roster. Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department. We have begun the process of having productive conversations regarding leadership of our football operations and will provide further updates when appropriate. We thank Sashi for all his hard work and dedication to the Cleveland Browns."

Finally, a sign of progress this year!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Nero said:

If I were the new GM...and the owner.....I would make a demand that Hue hire an OC.

I put as much blame for this poor performance on Hue as I do on Sashi.   

Hue is inept at managing a football game.  He has been inept at calling plays. 

Getting rid of Sachi won't cure those problems if Hue is still here, if Hue is still OC.

And the only thing I can about this is that I am glad....in this instance, that Jimmy cannot be trusted to keep his word.  He gives his word that Hue will be back next year?    Jimmy often fails to keep his word over such things.   Hopefully this will be another case of that.

Perfect summation in two tweets...

58 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I wholeheartedly agree with both these takes. 

6352F28C-B89A-4D78-B947-F42606F278FE.png

11A50064-6EFA-4B40-AA0D-BE896ED1BDEB.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Just hit an iceberg.

Yup... The process and the franchise...

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Every coach wants to be a head coach regardless of the situation. Don't kid yourself. The only difference is if they have a choice between two head coaching jobs or feel they might be The Heir Apparent to a Hall of Fame coach.

WSS

....what? That's not what I said, at all. What I actually said was that many GM candidates will not take this job if it means Hue stays, which it sounds like he will. GM's want to hand pick their staff or at least have some control over it, which in this case they would not. That's going to eliminate a lot of guys right off the top. Don't kid yourself.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I didn't even see that.   An hour ago I had business to conduct.

But, because I am magnanimous, I will let him off the hook.  Instead of a hundred bucks....he can give me the $5.00 Sundae.

Magnanimous?

Sorry never accepted the sundae bet, just as you never accepted the $100.

1 hour ago, miktoxic said:

says a bet chizzler.

Nero's a chizzler?

4 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

....what? That's not what I said, at all. What I actually said was that many GM candidates will not take this job if it means Hue stays, which it sounds like he will. GM's want to hand pick their staff or at least have some control over it, which in this case they would not. That's going to eliminate a lot of guys right off the top. Don't kid yourself.

Sorry if I misunderstood but I would wager the same goes for GM's. 

Everybody wants to move up. And I don't suppose there's a team in the league that doesn't have some kind of friction between the coaches and the front office.

PS after re-reading I would guess the top guys already have a job?

WSS