Adoug319

Sashi fired

I'm not happy for the news, though I understand that it was hard for him to keep the job. 

BUT, I'll be really angry if Hue keeps his job. I was all about ''OK, let's give both one more year'', but if the coach of a team that has gone 1-27 keeps his job, I don't know what are we doing. 

The roster is a principal responsability of Sashi, yes, but what it's done with the roster is responsability of the head coach. And everyone in the league predicted way more wins than what Browns have achieved looking at this year's roster.

• Upvote 1

The reason why this team is 1-27 is Hue.

Sachi deserves fired for his poor QB choices.

Hue should be fired because day to day, week to week, play to play, Hue has been a Fuyuckup.

• Upvote 1

TODAY'S SPECIAL: Fried Brown Sachi.

Watch for our coming specials like Burnt  Brownies, Sauteed Quarterbacks and Skewered  Dog Pound Fans. ;)

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

I'm not happy for the news, though I understand that it was hard for him to keep the job. 

BUT, I'll be really angry if Hue keeps his job. I was all about ''OK, let's give both one more year'', but if the coach of a team that has gone 1-27 keeps his job, I don't know what are we doing. 

The roster is a principal responsability of Sashi, yes, but what it's done with the roster is responsability of the head coach. And everyone in the league predicted way more wins than what Browns have achieved looking at this year's roster.

Hue is keeping his job. Remember my post about the process never working since JIMMY IS INEPT, and that we all have to rely on jimmy, and he's an idiot.

Well out of left field, he just gave Hue a ton more control and guaranteed him power next year. A coach who mind you has won one game in two years.

Maybe Sashi had figured out how we could finally start winning next year, and Jimmy's like "Hold my beer".

- via rotoworld

Browns fired EVP Sashi Brown.

Despite the Browns having just one win in almost two seasons under Brown, this move comes somewhat out of left field and makes almost no sense. Hired in January of 2016, Brown was tasked with rebuilding the roster from the ground up, a task which the Browns should have known would take longer than 28 games. The good news is Sashi will leave Cleveland with five picks in the first two rounds including potentially two top-10 selections. With Brown out the door, the focus will turn to the job status of Hue Jackson, but this move seems like an indication the coach has won some sort of power struggle. All that is left to do now is wait for that A.J. McCarron blockbuster.

AND ON HUE via rotoworld
Browns owner Jimmy Haslam confirmed Hue Jackson will return for the 2018 season.

guess mangini pettine farmer and even davis don't look so bad right now ha you dolts.

only thing i regret is having to send ghoolie a bottle of rum thinking jackson could pull out 5 wins from his web charcoaled butt.

rex and rob ryan baby already on flight path to hopkins. down payment on house in boardman next to bernie.

• Upvote 1

Get ready for the AJ McCarron era.

Oh and by the way, he is a dreadful quarterback. 

17 minutes ago, Nero said:

Tour said on 'Kiper, Mcshay answer 25 questions about the draft' 1 hour ago...

Fine... here's my counter to your definition of "our bet".

• $100 bet.
  • I say Sashi stays in his current role atop the existing consensus process.
  • You say he goes or the consensus process is overridden.

says a bet chizzler.

Just now, LondonBrown said:

Get ready for the AJ McCarron era.

Oh and by the way, he is a dreadful quarterback. 

Jimmy has to be a criminal or so historically stupid to guarantee Hue's job next year. I challenge anyone on the board to argue against that.

• Like 1

I know some of you guys believe in keeping guys around for more than two years, and I respect that. But the simple fact of the matter is you can't go 1-whatever the hell it is over 2 years and not roll some heads. Honestly, it would look even worse to let everyone keep their jobs in arguably the worst stretch of football in NFL history.

Will be interesting to see what this means for Hue and the gang. it's REALLY hard to hire a GM and tell him he has to keep coaches in tact. 

I was a fan with the process these guys were doing. But.....I am okay with this move. A sacrifial lamb per say. 

Feel bad for Sashi that the 1-27 is going to be his claim to fame here. He did have an impossible task of turning over an aging roster left over from 3-5 different regimes. I definitely left the roster in better shape than what he found it. Young, single plan, building block roster with some really sweet premo picks in the next 2 drafts. And money to spend in FA. 

I think Haslem just wants more of a football guy to make the high end talent picks this year.  Maybe see more eye to eye with Hue. 

Might be best situation for all. Sashi will still get some credit if this organization turns around very quickly from this point.

• Haha 1

Just now, jrb12711 said:

I know some of you guys believe in keeping guys around for more than two years, and I respect that. But the simple fact of the matter is you can't go 1-whatever the hell it is over 2 years and not roll some heads. Honestly, it would look even worse to let everyone keep their jobs in arguably the worst stretch of football in NFL history.

Will be interesting to see what this means for Hue and the gang.

Hue's job is guaranteed through next year. Jimmy said it bro. There's no head coach search.

7 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

7 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

guess mangini pettine farmer and even davis don't look so bad right now ha you dolts.

only thing i regret is having to send ghoolie a bottle of rum thinking jackson could pull out 5 wins from his web charcoaled butt.

rex and rob ryan baby already on flight path to hopkins. down payment on house in boardman next to bernie.

Hue Jackson     NFL     2016-            ?
 Mike Pettine     NFL     2014-15     10-22-0 (0.313)     
 Rob Chudzinski     NFL     2013     4-12-0 (0.250)     
 Pat Shurmur     NFL     2011-12     9-23-0 (0.281)     
 Eric Mangini     NFL     2009-10     10-22-0 (0.3125)     
 Romeo Crennel     NFL     2005-08     24-40-0 (0.375)    
 Terry Robiskie     NFL     2004*     1-4-0 (0.200)     
Butch Davis     NFL     2001-04     24-35-0 (0.407)     0-1-0 (0.000)     24-36-0 (0.400)
 Chris Palmer     NFL     1999-2000     5-27-0 (0.156)     

So now what?

1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

Jimmy has to be a criminal or so historically stupid to guarantee Hue's job next year. I challenge anyone on the board to argue against that.

I still think the new GM will have a say in who the HC is, regardless of what Jimmy said today.

Just now, Mark O said:

I still think the new GM will have a say in who the HC is, regardless of what Jimmy said today.

Maybe Hue will get GM powers too :lol:

2 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

I was a fan with the process these guys were doing. But.....I am okay with this move. A sacrifial lamb per say. 

Feel bad for Sashi that the 1-27 is going to be his claim to fame here. He did have an impossible task of turning over an aging roster left over from 3-5 different regimes. I definitely left the roster in better shape than what he found it. Young, single plan, building block roster with some really sweet premo picks in the next 2 drafts. And money to spend in FA. 

I think Haslem just wants more of a football guy to make the high end talent picks this year.  Maybe see more eye to eye with Hue. 

Might be best situation for all. Sashi will still get some credit if this organization turns around very quickly from this point.

alright PO. just like TR is gonna bust this league wide open....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

now go get my shine box.

1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

Hue's job is guaranteed through next year. Jimmy said it bro. There's no head coach search.

If Hue's job is safe and that is a required part of accepting the job, MANY candidates will automatically say no. That's just how it goes,  but I suppose it's not like top guys are lining up to take the job anyway.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The reason why this team is 1-27 is Hue.

Sachi deserves fired for his poor QB choices.

Hue should be fired because day to day, week to week, play to play, Hue has been a Fuyuckup.

In my completely unprofessional opinion...

The only slack Sashi Brown could possibly get from me is if, and only if, this entire debacle has been a grand plan. It's pretty obvious coach Jackson ask for a few things as far as personnel and was refused. The public display of affection for McCarron and the glowing speech after Andrew Hawkins was sent packing are telling. Being stranded with three quarterbacks who don't seem to be able to play in the NFL has to piss off a coach who doesn't like to lose. Same thing with selecting bums in free agency  while dumping players  who can contribute. I don't know if Brown and his faceless horde thought it would be acceptable to Jimmy if they went 1 + 31 for two seasons. If that's the case I don't see the gold at the end of the trail as far as the draft. Myles Garrett is a nice player but not likely to turn the team around.  And he is about the best we got out of all those draft picks. If all these moves have been made by the shadow Legion somebody has to take the fall.

WSS

Someone had to be held accountable for this bottom line business 1-27 team...... Sashi might be the first, but won't be the last. 

2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

If Hue's job is safe and that is a required part of accepting the job, MANY candidates will automatically say no. That's just how it goes,  but I suppose it's not like top guys are lining up to take the job anyway.

Every coach wants to be a head coach regardless of the situation. Don't kid yourself. The only difference is if they have a choice between two head coaching jobs or feel they might be The Heir Apparent to a Hall of Fame coach.

WSS

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Hue Jackson     NFL     2016-            ?
 Mike Pettine     NFL     2014-15     10-22-0 (0.313)     
 Rob Chudzinski     NFL     2013     4-12-0 (0.250)     
 Pat Shurmur     NFL     2011-12     9-23-0 (0.281)     
 Eric Mangini     NFL     2009-10     10-22-0 (0.3125)     
 Romeo Crennel     NFL     2005-08     24-40-0 (0.375)    
 Terry Robiskie     NFL     2004*     1-4-0 (0.200)     
Butch Davis     NFL     2001-04     24-35-0 (0.407)     0-1-0 (0.000)     24-36-0 (0.400)
 Chris Palmer     NFL     1999-2000     5-27-0 (0.156)     

So now what?

question mark?

hue won in oakland....how many games? has he won one game here?

exactly.

at least mangini (took team on bus to play pre preseason to gear up and make team competitive only to get ridiculed). pettine was on right track trying to build D backfield while still having better OL and offensive weapons... davis would have kicked everyone in the butt for playing and whiffing like they have and the ryans would buy them a beer for winning.

i guess you were one of the fools who believed in this Sheet show as well as the holmgren genius move....????

HA!!

22 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Do you know why the Mafia killed JFK instead of RFK...who they really wanted to kill?   Because they said that to kill a snake you have to cut off his head, not his tail.   I think they see that Sachi was the head, not the tail of the snake.

But...I also see that they have made a release saying that Hue will be back next year.   I personally think that could change when they hire a GM.

Now, Tony Grossi is saying that Marvin Lewis could become the new "Personnell Chief"    His contract is up after this year.

Jimmy Haslam is the head of a snake and he’s a crook and a moron who can’t be trusted with a fantasy team. 

• Upvote 2

I wholeheartedly agree with both these takes. 

6352F28C-B89A-4D78-B947-F42606F278FE.png

11A50064-6EFA-4B40-AA0D-BE896ED1BDEB.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

Jimmy Haslam is the head of a snake and he’s a crook and a moron who can’t be trusted with a fantasy team. 

Well....the FBI may cut that head off....then it will be DEE.

But more apt is that Jimmy/Dee are the one wielding the machete