THE BROWNS BOARD

Sashi fired

Adoug319

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. 20 replies109 retweets453 likes

Retweet

And so the Giants started the week, and the Browns are continuing it. Changes underway in Cleveland.

20 replies100 retweets205 likes

Retweet

Browns fired executive VP Sashi Brown, the man who headed Cleveland’s personnel department the past two years, league sources told @diannaESPN and me.

WOW, interesting, so the inside info about Jimmy favoring Hue over Sashi must be true. I believe my analysis was dead on.

I said weeks ago around the McCarron trade rumors that Hue pleaded with Jimmy to get him a quarterback, and Jimmy finally gave in. The fact it didn't get done must've infuriated Jimmy. Remember how he met Hue and McCarron in the end zone before the bengals game? That was sketchy. And the meeting Hue and the Players had with Jimmy but NOT SASHI? Reporters were tweeting that Sashi Brown was on the hot seat and Jimmy actually favored Hue but I wasn't sure if it was actually true. I also said that Jimmy was an inept owner, so how would you "trust him" with the process?

Did Sashi try his best, or did he Holmgren us? We may never know......

Tour said on 'Kiper, Mcshay answer 25 questions about the draft' 1 hour ago...

Fine... here's my counter to your definition of "our bet".

• $100 bet.
  • I say Sashi stays in his current role atop the existing consensus process.
  • You say he goes or the consensus process is overridden.

Just now, Westside Steve said:

You and tour haven't consummated that hundred dollar bet have you?

WSS

I just told him that in the duplicated thread, lol

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Tour said on 'Kiper, Mcshay answer 25 questions about the draft' 1 hour ago...

Fine... here's my counter to your definition of "our bet".

• $100 bet.
  • I say Sashi stays in his current role atop the existing consensus process.
  • You say he goes or the consensus process is overridden.

I didn't even see that.   An hour ago I had business to conduct.

But, because I am magnanimous, I will let him off the hook.  Instead of a hundred bucks....he can give me the $5.00 Sundae.

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

You and tour haven't consummated that hundred dollar bet have you?

WSS

No.  He is off the hook..for that...but not for the Sundae.  He can designate you as his surrogate to pay up on that though...since he lives in Houston and I am not likely to have my sweet tooth satisfied by him any time soon.

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

I give up with Haslam, this organisation is going nowhere. 

So Hue is a great coach and it’s the players that are all bad. Got it. 

Do you know why the Mafia killed JFK instead of RFK...who they really wanted to kill?   Because they said that to kill a snake you have to cut off his head, not his tail.   I think they see that Sachi was the head, not the tail of the snake.

But...I also see that they have made a release saying that Hue will be back next year.   I personally think that could change when they hire a GM.

Now, Tony Grossi is saying that Marvin Lewis could become the new "Personnell Chief"    His contract is up after this year.

One reason that is speculated that Sachi is gone and Hue stays is that it is possible that Hue has disagreed with Sashi about his QB choices....that he wanted Goff or Wentz....that he wanted Watson, etc. 

They also feel that Sashi purposely undid the McCarron deal....who Hue wanted.

I'm not happy for the news, though I understand that it was hard for him to keep the job. 

BUT, I'll be really angry if Hue keeps his job. I was all about ''OK, let's give both one more year'', but if the coach of a team that has gone 1-27 keeps his job, I don't know what are we doing. 

The roster is a principal responsability of Sashi, yes, but what it's done with the roster is responsability of the head coach. And everyone in the league predicted way more wins than what Browns have achieved looking at this year's roster.

TODAY'S SPECIAL: Fried Brown Sachi.

Watch for our coming specials like Burnt  Brownies, Sauteed Quarterbacks and Skewered  Dog Pound Fans. ;)

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

I'm not happy for the news, though I understand that it was hard for him to keep the job. 

BUT, I'll be really angry if Hue keeps his job. I was all about ''OK, let's give both one more year'', but if the coach of a team that has gone 1-27 keeps his job, I don't know what are we doing. 

The roster is a principal responsability of Sashi, yes, but what it's done with the roster is responsability of the head coach. And everyone in the league predicted way more wins than what Browns have achieved looking at this year's roster.

Hue is keeping his job. Remember my post about the process never working since JIMMY IS INEPT, and that we all have to rely on jimmy, and he's an idiot.

Well out of left field, he just gave Hue a ton more control and guaranteed him power next year. A coach who mind you has won one game in two years.

Maybe Sashi had figured out how we could finally start winning next year, and Jimmy's like "Hold my beer".

- via rotoworld

Browns fired EVP Sashi Brown.

Despite the Browns having just one win in almost two seasons under Brown, this move comes somewhat out of left field and makes almost no sense. Hired in January of 2016, Brown was tasked with rebuilding the roster from the ground up, a task which the Browns should have known would take longer than 28 games. The good news is Sashi will leave Cleveland with five picks in the first two rounds including potentially two top-10 selections. With Brown out the door, the focus will turn to the job status of Hue Jackson, but this move seems like an indication the coach has won some sort of power struggle. All that is left to do now is wait for that A.J. McCarron blockbuster.

AND ON HUE via rotoworld
Browns owner Jimmy Haslam confirmed Hue Jackson will return for the 2018 season.

guess mangini pettine farmer and even davis don't look so bad right now ha you dolts.

only thing i regret is having to send ghoolie a bottle of rum thinking jackson could pull out 5 wins from his web charcoaled butt.

rex and rob ryan baby already on flight path to hopkins. down payment on house in boardman next to bernie.

Archived