Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Gipper

If the playoff started today December 5th

Recommended Posts

If the playoffs started today, here is who would be in:

AFCE  Patriots 10-2  #1 seed

AFCN Steelers 10-2

AFCS Titans 8-4

AFCW Chiefs  6-6

Wildcards:  Jaguars  8-4,  Ravens 7-5

In the hunt: Bills, Chargers, Raiders 6-6

NFCE  Eagles 10-2

NFCN Vikings 10-2 #1 seed

NFCS Saints 9-3

NFCW Rams 9-3

Wildcards  Panthers and Seahawks, both 8-4

In the hunt: Falcons 7-5

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "race" for the #1 overall pick

Browns 0-12   almost have it wrapped up

Giants 2-10

49ers 2-10 

Denver, Indy, Chicago  3-9 

Browns would also have the #7 pick from Houston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're truly a CLEVELAND die hard fan:

Playoffs boring, #1 pick contest contest which runs way past the super bowl EXCITEMENT!  :o

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire draft order as of now:

2018 NFL Draft Order

PICK TEAM RECORD WIN% GB SOS STREAK
 
1 0-12 .000 -- .536 Lost 12
 
2 2-10 .167 2.0 .505 Lost 2
 
3 2-10 .167 2.0 .526 Won 1
 
4
 
 
3-9 .250 3.0 .484 Lost 8
 
5 3-9 .250 3.0 .495 Lost 3
 
6
 
 
3-9 .250 3.0 .552 Lost 5
 
7
 
 
4-8 .333 4.0 .521 Lost 2
 
8 4-8 .333 4.0 .552 Lost 2
 
9 5-7 .417 5.0 .474 Lost 1
 
10
 
 
5-7 .417 5.0 .490 Lost 1
 
11
 
 
5-7 .417 5.0 .516 Won 1
 
12 5-7 .417 5.0 .521 Lost 1
 
13
 
 
5-7 .417 5.0 .552 Won 1
 
14 6-6 .500 6.0 .453 Won 3
 
15
 
 
6-6 .500 6.0 .479 Won 1
 
16
 
 
6-6 .500 6.0 .490 Won 2
 
17
 
 
6-6 .500 6.0 .495 Lost 2
 
18
 
 
6-6 .500 6.0 .505 Lost 1
 
19 6-6 .500 6.0 .531 Won 1
 
20
 
 
7-5 .583 7.0 .557 Lost 1
 
WILD CARD ROUND LOSERS
21 6-6 .500 6.0 .484 Lost 4
 
22 7-5 .583 7.0 .464 Won 3
 
23
 
 
8-4 .667 8.0 .474 Won 2
 
24 8-4 .667 8.0 .536 Lost 1
 
DIVISIONAL ROUND LOSERS
25 8-4 .667 8.0 .453 Won 1
 
26 8-4 .667 8.0 .453 Won 2
 
27
 
 
9-3 .750 9.0 .495 Won 2
 
28 9-3 .750 9.0 .536 Won 1
 
CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP LOSERS
29 10-2 .833 10.0 .427 Lost 1
 
30 10-2 .833 10.0 .458 Won 7
 
SUPER BOWL TEAMS
31 10-2 .833 10.0 .490 Won 8
 
32 10-2 .833 10.0 .495 Won 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just another note.  The following teams have had the toughest schedule so far, per win pct. of opponents:

1. Atlanta   .557

2. tied  for 2d:   Bears, Bucs, Dolphins  .552

3. tie for 5th:  Saints, Panthers, Browns .536

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And, just maybe.....having a weak schedule helps in a playoff run.  The following teams have had the weakest SOS:

1. Eagles  .427

2.  Charger, Jags, Titan  .453

5. Steelers  .458

6. Ravens  .464

7. Seahawks and Bengals  .474

It has helped all these teams but the Eagles and Seahawks that they have played the Browns. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Just another note.  The following teams have had the toughest schedule so far, per win pct. of opponents:

1. Atlanta   .557

2. tied  for 2d:   Bears, Bucs, Dolphins  .552

3. tie for 5th:  Saints, Panthers, Browns .536

Oh oh- better not win two, the Giants SOS is worse than ours....  In the race to the #1 overall (our only serious competitors schedules- if you think the Browns can win 3 out of 4, you're smoking something) - Giants remaining games: Cowboys, Eagles, Cardinals, Redskins. 49ers: Texans (Go Niners!!! double whammy- gives them a win, and Houston a loss to give us a better pick), Titans, Jaguars, Rams.  

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And, just maybe.....having a weak schedule helps in a playoff run.  The following teams have had the weakest SOS:

1. Eagles  .427

2.  Charger, Jags, Titan  .453

5. Steelers  .458

6. Ravens  .464

7. Seahawks and Bengals  .474

It has helped all these teams but the Eagles and Seahawks that they have played the Browns. 

Yes, 0-12 helps weaken your schedule quite a bit...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 picks in the top 7 with the #1 overall is very exciting..... until you realize that we won't actually pick 2 players with those picks, cause we'll certainly Process them right away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Oh oh- better not win two, the Giants SOS is worse than ours....  In the race to the #1 overall (our only serious competitors schedules- if you think the Browns can win 3 out of 4, you're smoking something) - Giants remaining games: Cowboys, Eagles, Cardinals, Redskins. 49ers: Texans (Go Niners!!! double whammy- gives them a win, and Houston a loss to give us a better pick), Titans, Jaguars, Rams.  

Yes, 0-12 helps weaken your schedule quite a bit...   

Damn it! You are right. I hardly see ourselves winning 2 (maybe GB and CHI?) but having a stronger schedule than NY doesn't help us on the "race" for the #1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, D Bone said:

2 picks in the top 7 with the #1 overall is very exciting..... until you realize that we won't actually pick 2 players with those picks, cause we'll certainly Process them right away. 

Maybe we should just start calling what this front office puts out as Soylent Green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Maybe we should just start calling what this front office puts out as Soylent Green.

"You tell everybody. Listen to me, Hue. You've gotta tell them! Soylent Green is people! We've gotta stop them somehow!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nero said:

Damn it! You are right. I hardly see ourselves winning 2 (maybe GB and CHI?) but having a stronger schedule than NY doesn't help us on the "race" for the #1.

Further research Nero. Though it's hard to believe, right now the remaining teams on the Giants & Browns schedule have an identical number of wins. Hard to predict exactly because I can't take into account how (short of guessing) the opposing teams will fare in the last four weeks. Browns win two, and the Giants lose out- it could get dicey. 

On paper the 49ers have the most difficult remaining schedule. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×