THE BROWNS BOARD

Kiper, McShay answer 25 questions on the 2018 NFL draft

Tour2ma

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And yet another bullet has been dodged.

You snooze, you, uh,........

WSS

WE have already decided that YOU will be the one to pay me the Hot Fudge Sundae.  You are his surrogate.  I will then let you worrying about collecting from him.

But, you know....since you made some of the best ribs I ever had last week......you are off the hook as well.  Got any leftovers?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

WE have already decided that YOU will be the one to pay me the Hot Fudge Sundae.  You are his surrogate.  I will then let you worrying about collecting from him.

But, you know....since you made some of the best ribs I ever had last week......you are off the hook as well.  Got any leftovers?

I'm starting to think Gip posts around here just so he doesn't go shopping... 

15 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

When it comes to the cbs mocks, they’ve had the browns taking a different QB every week. They just huck shiit against a wall for clicks this early in the process.

Indeed. They have to keep the expectations alive, but there's a long way till April, and when NFL Network starts doing the mocks at that time is when you can start taking it seriously. 

I'm all about watching tape of the prospects and discussing it, but mock drafts? I only use them to see what players I should watch next. 

27 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

Im sure they’re all following the same blue print, but anytime someone brings up a mock either here or on reddit it’s cbs with a different flavor of the week QB.

I have seen Walter Football, and Kiper and McShay...and several others.

I have taken the position that it is really too early to get too excited about it.   Some of them have had Rudolph up there, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield etc. etc. etc. 

It would not surprise me if the Browns left us all hanging until that day next April. So we have almost a half a freeking year to ponder it. And I don't think I want to waste my energy on all that.   Maybe after the combine.

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I have taken the position that it is really too early to get too excited about it.   Some of them have had Rudolph up there, Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield etc. etc. etc. 

It would not surprise me if the Browns left us all hanging until that day next April. So we have almost a half a freeking year to ponder it. And I don't think I want to waste my energy on all that.   Maybe after the combine.

I’m in the same boat, we’ve all been through that ringer and will undoubtedly be burnt out on the draft speculation by February.  

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I really love the NFL Draft, it's the closest to what Christmas Day used to feel like when I was a kid.

The problem is the NFL team I root for has me thinking about the Draft waaaaaay before I should, so the entire draft process takes forever for me (us). That and the NFL keeps pushing the Draft later and later. I fully believe if the Draft was a month sooner, less idiotic moves would be made. Its like teams have too much time to over analyze the players to death.

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I really love the NFL Draft, it's the closest to what Christmas Day used to feel like when I was a kid.

The problem is the NFL team I root for has me thinking about the Draft waaaaaay before I should, so the entire draft process takes forever for me (us). That and the NFL keeps pushing the Draft later and later. I fully believe if the Draft was a month sooner, less idiotic moves would be made. Its like teams have too much time to over analyze the players to death.

Mr. Scott: the more you overthink the plumbing the easier it is to step up the pipes.

WSS

On 12/7/2017 at 1:01 PM, The Gipper said:

I did but...

But no reason for me to be tours second. I never liked Sashi Brown and don't think I ever defended him. I think wargo is your man.

By the way we have what, three more games after this one? I will hit up Sam's Club and do the barbecue again.

WSS

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What is it about him being rated the #1 overall prospect in the entire draft that you do not understand.

Well... for starters there's:

• the merits...
  • your obstinance...

I'll get back to you when I can think of more.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

But no reason for me to be tours second. I never liked Sashi Brown and don't think I ever defended him. I think wargo is your man.

By the way we have what, three more games after this one? I will hit up Sam's Club and do the barbecue again.

Yup... 3 after this 1... a/k/a four games left.

And in fairness, while there were a few loosely aligned with my take, you were not among them. I think Unsympathetic ended up being most closely aligned.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

And in fairness, while there were a few loosely aligned with my take, you were not among them. I think Unsympathetic ended up being most closely aligned.

Isn't that ironic? 

On 12/9/2017 at 2:52 PM, Tour2ma said:

Well... for starters there's:

• the merits...
  • your obstinance...

I'll get back to you when I can think of more.

You are arguing with yourself.  I merely pointed out the fact that Rudolph was rated #1.  And you have no fuyucking clue who has the merits or who doesn't.  You don't know Shick from Gillette any more than anyone else does about these guys.  I also pointed out that 3-4 other guys have been rated up there as well.

I think your title as Mr. Wishy Washy is well earned.

Archived