THE BROWNS BOARD

Let's see if the NRA defends these gun owner's rights too...

jbluhm86

51 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Kind of ironic that you do. It doesn't make any difference if a responsible gun owner is in a church or a school or anywhere else. Responsible is the key word. But one would think that a person who is obviously fcked up on dope shouldn't carry a rod. Ya think?

I would include terminally ill people in hospice on a morphine drip add people in The Nut House taking Thorazine all day.

WSS

3 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Dude don't use logic

Of course it's not really logic is it? So you think that if you are prescribed marijuana the only result is that you have it in your home? Or... Think really hard... You smoke it and the effects which lasts for 6 to 8 hours... Well you get the idea. It would be more like someone who is medically prescribed and regularly uses opiates. But let's pretend you have a tiny point I figure an alcoholic who is drunk  most of the waking hours of the day, probably shouldn't be armed. I mean somebody in chronic pain is taking oxy everyday is warned right on the bottle not to operate heavy machinery. Suppose that's more or less dangerous than a 45?

Disagree?

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Of course it's not really logic is it? So you think that if you are prescribed marijuana the only result is that you have it in your home? Or... Think really hard... You smoke it and the effects which lasts for 6 to 8 hours... Well you get the idea. It would be more like someone who is medically prescribed and regularly uses opiates. But let's pretend you have a tiny point I figure an alcoholic who is drunk  most of the waking hours of the day, probably shouldn't be armed. I mean somebody in chronic pain is taking oxy everyday is warned right on the bottle not to operate heavy machinery. Suppose that's more or less dangerous than a 45?

Disagree?

WSS

The effects do not last 6-8 hours. U have keep smoking for the effects to last that long. Didnt we just go over this a few days ago? The whole talking out of ones arse thing? Yeah I think we did. 

Bottom line is marijuana is not more disqualifying of firearms ownership than alcohol is. And heres the research to back that up...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thetrace.org/2017/02/gun-owners-alcohol-abuse-crime/amp/

"One finding that really struck me was that when you threw alcohol and other kinds of criminal activity into the mix, alcohol remained a strong predictor but the other forms of criminal activity did not,” said Garen Wintemute, the director of the program. “Alcohol was a more important predictor of future violence than prior violence was.”

Dosing

'Clinical studies use a wide range of preparations and usually allow dosage titration for effect, making standard dosage recommendations difficult. A large, multicenter trial used initial doses of 5 mg of oral delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) daily, self-titrated up to 25 mg THC daily for up to 52 weeks in multiple sclerosis. Estimates of relative efficacy for THC compared with codeine for pain are 10 mg THC to 60 mg codeine.'

Anyway after a little research I found the effects are 3 to 6 hours for ingestion. 5 million mg per dose 25 mg a day is 5 doses a day. So even at the lowest affect rate of 3 hours at approximately 8 to 10 hours of sleep you are looking at being fukked up all day.

And I would not want someone who was drunk all day to have a gun.

And before you start the whine sure I'd rather have guys get high on weed than code in. And I don't want a codeine addict carrying a gun either.

WSS

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Dosing

'Clinical studies use a wide range of preparations and usually allow dosage titration for effect, making standard dosage recommendations difficult. A large, multicenter trial used initial doses of 5 mg of oral delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) daily, self-titrated up to 25 mg THC daily for up to 52 weeks in multiple sclerosis. Estimates of relative efficacy for THC compared with codeine for pain are 10 mg THC to 60 mg codeine.'

Anyway after a little research I found the effects are 3 to 6 hours for ingestion. 5  mg per dose 25 mg a day is 5 doses a day. So even at the lowest affect rate of 3 hours at approximately 8 to 10 hours of sleep you are looking at being fukked up all day.

And I would not want someone who was drunk all day to have a gun.

And before you start the whine sure I'd rather have guys get high on weed than code in. And I don't want a codeine addict carrying a gun either.

WSS

Edit

By the way I don't like dealing with drunks or stoners in particular. Still I have no particular objections to weed, just people who spend too much time getting wasted regardless of the substance.

WSS

18 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Walking back on that 6-8 hours? Ive never eaten an edible but the longest i heard of someone "claiming" to be highbfrom a brownie was 4. I know full well first hand thats about right on par with getting hammered on booze

Yes I am walking it back. Why? I looked it up and found that I was mistaken.

Unlike some people, oh yeah you, who regularly make claims that you can't back up.

WSS

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes I am walking it back. Why? I looked it up and found that I was mistaken.

Unlike some people, oh yeah you, who regularly make claims that you can't back up.

WSS

Yet I do back them up. And i have "zero" problem acknowledging a mistake when I claim incorrect facts or figures. Ur mistaking an opinion or conclusion that someone takes that u may disagree with as a "mistake".

Ive never begrudged u ur opinions even if i think they are woefully misguided. What i call u typical steve for is exactly what u said there about "6-8" hours. But im happy at least to see u say "meh, i was off on that one". Its a step in the right direction. I can 100% guarantee that if undid that more ud get along with good smart kids like woody here alot more. And guys like him would be alot more amenable to hearing ur side of an argument if u drew more on mutually agreeable facts. What people like cal do is bring woefully unsubstantiated claims into arguments and use them as immutable facts. Something about the clinate from an uneducated ammoland blogger cannot be used as direct empirical evidence for anything. Same goes for these supposed facts that u guys drop about marijuana constantly that are demonstrably false. Proven 100% to be false but the imperative to drive a certain narrative is just too irrestible it seems for some people

20 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Disagree?

WSS

Marijuana is more closely related to alcohol than opiates and I hope that isn't even a part of the discussion but I digress.  There are laws governing the legal consumption of alcohol, the legal consumption of marijuana and the use of prescription drugs.  To disqualify someone for the legal use of marijuana, while ignoring the legal use of alcohol and by extension prescription medication is disingenuous at best and more than likely pious.

41 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Marijuana is more closely related to alcohol than opiates and I hope that isn't even a part of the discussion but I digress.  There are laws governing the legal consumption of alcohol, the legal consumption of marijuana and the use of prescription drugs.  To disqualify someone for the legal use of marijuana, while ignoring the legal use of alcohol and by extension prescription medication is disingenuous at best and more than likely pious.

I think you are missing my point in your zeal to promote legalized weed. Remember I don't give a rat's arse about potheads beyond the fact I don't like working with them. And I think it doctor should be able to prescribe it  for whatever he sees fit.

But if you are prescribed marijuana I can't imagine that it would be prescribed for occasional recreational use. If its to treat an ailment like the quote I posted a suggested dosage is 5mg at a time apparently 5 times a day. No different than a guy getting up every day and drinking all day long. And I know guys like that.  I'd rather they weren't carrying a gun.

Don't let your love for weed interfere with your hatred of guns.;)

WSS

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Yet I do back them up. And i have "zero" problem acknowledging a mistake when I claim incorrect facts or figures. Ur mistaking an opinion or conclusion that someone takes that u may disagree with as a "mistake".

Ive never begrudged u ur opinions even if i think they are woefully misguided. What i call u typical steve for is exactly what u said there about "6-8" hours. But im happy at least to see u say "meh, i was off on that one". Its a step in the right direction. I can 100% guarantee that if undid that more ud get along with good smart kids like woody here alot more. And guys like him would be alot more amenable to hearing ur side of an argument if u drew more on mutually agreeable facts. What people like cal do is bring woefully unsubstantiated claims into arguments and use them as immutable facts. Something about the clinate from an uneducated ammoland blogger cannot be used as direct empirical evidence for anything. Same goes for these supposed facts that u guys drop about marijuana constantly that are demonstrably false. Proven 100% to be false but the imperative to drive a certain narrative is just too irrestible it seems for some people

Actually you use the term 'typical Steve' which most people realize is merely being smarter than you (which is not a particularly demanding feat) you think it impresses your little boyfriend. It's more like the workings of a second graders mind when he decides the word 'poop' is the funniest thing he's ever heard.

WSS

39 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I think you are missing my point in your zeal to promote legalized weed. Remember I don't give a rat's arse about potheads beyond the fact I don't like working with them. And I think it doctor should be able to prescribe it  for whatever he sees fit.

But if you are prescribed marijuana I can't imagine that it would be prescribed for occasional recreational use. If its to treat an ailment like the quote I posted a suggested dosage is 5mg at a time apparently 5 times a day. No different than a guy getting up every day and drinking all day long. And I know guys like that.  I'd rather they weren't carrying a gun.

Don't let your love for weed interfere with your hatred of guns.;)

WSS

Again I think you're missing the point.  Millions of concealed carry permit holders are prescribed a number of different pain medications and they are are allowed to keep their permits.  Many other applicants are prescribed pain medications and they are granted carry concealed permits.  In many other states you don't need a permit to open carry so there are no limitations based on prescribed medications.

If you are supporting disqualifying any person from carrying a handgun in public, concealed or otherwise, because they are prescribed a controlled substance for chronic pain you'll get no argument from me or many others.  If you are singling out one prescribed controlled pain medication then therein lies the issues.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually you use the term 'typical Steve' which most people realize is merely being smarter than you

No its when u pull unresearched nonsense out of ur a ss and/or assign positions/opinions to people which they themselves never took and when pressed on it u cannot furnish a shred of evidence they did. In case u didnt know its called a " strawman" argument. And its for lazy, uneducated illiterates. Are u an uneducated illiterate? ☕️

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

No its when u pull unresearched nonsense out of ur a ss and/or assign positions/opinions to people which they themselves never took and when pressed on it u cannot furnish a shred of evidence they did. In case u didnt know its called a " strawman" argument. And its for lazy, uneducated illiterates. Are u an uneducated illiterate? ☕️

FastJauntyBluegill.gif

10 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I suppose as usual you will need to provide examples. And I'm guessing you won't other than vague flights a fantasy from your own twisted mind.

If I have offered up statistics which are way off I'm happy to correct myself.

WSS

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I suppose as usual you will need to provide examples. And I'm guessing you won't other than vague flights a fantasy from your own twisted mind.

If I have offered up statistics which are way off I'm happy to correct myself.

WSS

I correct u almost every other day for assigning a position to me i never held. You pretend weekly im someone who Vited for hillary so u include me in arguments i never supported. Its a weekly affair dont now act like its not.

oh and btw i didnt come up with "typical steve". U do it to everyone

There are plenty of pain medications that don't make you stoned while taking them.I took one oxycotin sp? when I got my new knee - and I gave the rest of them back to my physician -they are addictive so I am against taking more than one. But he grinned and said there weren't enough in there to do that - but it's the principle of the thing.

I never smoked pot so I have no idea what that does to you alert/judgement wise. But smoking it all day would be likedrinking all day? Then those guns you may own had best be locked up and never taken out.

It's tragic to have a terminal illness - but give the guns to a trusted favorite responsible relative or friend. Always smoking dope

means your judgement is always impaired? same as a felony conviction - you lose your gun rights out of gross irresponsibility.

Always impaired - why be allowed to keep your guns handy? I can see requiring them to be in someone else's home and handed down

to relatives/friends.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

I correct u almost every other day for assigning a position to me i never held. You pretend weekly im someone who Vited for hillary so u include me in arguments i never supported. Its a weekly affair dont now act like its not.

oh and btw i didnt come up with "typical steve". U do it to everyone

Never done that. I have called her your girl. And I'll explain why over and over though I guess it can't sync through your thick skull. And that is that 95% give or take, of your commentary is dedicated to attacks on her opponents. I've already stated I have no problem believing that you didn't actually vote for her, just that you carry her water now.

And of course you're an idiot if you think I do it to everyone. Most of the guys here don't defend Hillary after the election. Those who do support her supported her during the campaign and the election and freely admit to doing so. So basically it's just you and your Apostle Woody. And frankly I'd be surprised if he really enjoys being joined at the hip with you.

And just for the record while you blather on about ammoland I don't think I've ever posted a link from them. If I did it was in jest but I don't think so. By the way that doesn't mean I think what they print is necessarily fake anymore than I think what CNN or MSNBC print is necessarily fake.

WSS

Archived