Jump to content
D Bone

Ryan Shazier Injury

Recommended Posts

every hit in the NFl COULD end up being a Boom Boom Mancini fatal death blow.

hit them high and get concussion, neck or shoulder/chest injury. hit them square in the torso and rupture an organ. hit them low and they might never walk the same (if at all again).

is a multi-million $$$ contract worth that risk. obviously to 95% of athletes across all sports think so.

mama can live lovely in her mansion and she buries her kid.

until coaches and NFL demand proper tackling techniques the egos of douchebags like tomlin, harbaugh and lewis will continue to grow and dismiss such tactics as 'even-steven' payback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Your next mission, should you choose to accept it: click on and read the link provided within the text you quoted..

 

Concussion was said night of injury / Contusion is what's said this morning / Won't be definitive until tomorrow evening or thereabouts.  Full recovery has been made from both.. concussion is 1-2 games at most [probably back if Sunday but since their next game is Thursday he'd miss this one regardless] while contusion is season-ending but not lingering.

fake news needs instant answers even if wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

According to who exactly? That's never something I noticed at Ohio State, and I don't watch the Steelers enough to know. If he always did that, he'd be dead. It doesn't take a football guru to know without looking he hurt himself that badly by leading with the crown. I'm just saying even though I was taught from age 10 to lead with the head up, this type of tackle just happens from time to time. It has nothing to do with "dirty", just reacting to the player who in this case dipped down oh so slightly to cause Shazier (and many others) to go at a different launch angle. That's always, always, always going to happen.

I can't comment on his time at OSU, but i'll bet anything he had the habit back then too. But for sure since he's been with pgh the dude is constantly leading with his crown. Which when ur tackling ball carriers ur not gonna get whistled for. But he's hit QB's and defenseless receivers the exact same way he went for that tackle last night. I don't want to call it "dirty" necessarily...it's just ingrained habit. But when he puts that crown underneath the chin strap of defenseless receivers I cant help but think this is the pgh mentality coming out. Do it till you get flagged, chill, do it again later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I am in Vegas. This was a disturbing game. Burfict got laid oit with a helmet hit.

What the fukck is wrong with these idiots. How can you watch this and not be sick to your stomach?

Vicious. Uncalled for. I may joke but this was not enjoyable to watch.

Great medicine or not wjen your legs quit, your prognosis is not good.

I don't think the NFL is going to be around on the not too distand future.

These hate is worse than any Browns Steeler rivalry ever was.

Sad day for the sport we love.

you might be right about the nfl not being around sometime in the future...who knows...i do know that i don't watch as much nfl football and it all started with the kapernick cowpoop...the rule chgs are so Shmucked up....one roughing the qb penalty might not be roughing in another game...i see this Sheet seems like a million times...i have free nfl sunday ticket for the last 3 yrs and have hardly watched it...did not see the shazier incident last night...did not even watch the game to the end....losing alot of interest overall. i do know this, most of my buds that i keep in touch with don't watch the nfl at all for yrs now....back in the day we all had our favorite teams...mine of course was the browns because of jim brown...we were all from eastern pa. and not a one of us rooted for the eagles...they were so bad back then...there were cowboys, vikings, colts, rams fans....boy those were the days....we all would raz each other when our teams would lose or win....i miss those days...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I don't like either the Steelers or Bengals, but the cheap shots HAVE to stop before someone's life is lost. It just reinforces (at least in my mind) what I think should be done......

1) Player throwing the dirty hit ejected with loss of game check & suspended for the NEXT game (playoffs included).

2) If the hit results in injury to the other player, the offending player will be suspended for every game that the injured player misses due to said injury in addition to #1 above.

Too simple? Too harsh? Maybe, but it would send a much stronger message than "chump change" fines & the current slaps on the hands.

Just my opinion folks.

Mike

Right on the money Mike. The officials in this game should have been ejecting people left and right. There were likely 4 legit opportunities to eject players in the game. I also agree completely on the fines. $25K is about the same as standing in the corner for 15 minutes. Nuke whole game checks or multiple game checks and you MIGHT get their attention. Also if they actually start using ejections make it so if you get 2 you are done for the entire year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, browns52 said:

you might be right about the nfl not being around sometime in the future...who knows...i do know that i don't watch as much nfl football and it all started with the kapernick cowpoop...the rule chgs are so Shmucked up....one roughing the qb penalty might not be roughing in another game...i see this Sheet seems like a million times...i have free nfl sunday ticket for the last 3 yrs and have hardly watched it...did not see the shazier incident last night...did not even watch the game to the end....losing alot of interest overall. i do know this, most of my buds that i keep in touch with don't watch the nfl at all for yrs now....back in the day we all had our favorite teams...mine of course was the browns because of jim brown...we were all from eastern pa. and not a one of us rooted for the eagles...they were so bad back then...there were cowboys, vikings, colts, rams fans....boy those were the days....we all would raz each other when our teams would lose or win....i miss those days...

Well said. You know, over the course of losing my Mom and dealing with a few other things, I started to go back in time with regards to this board, and my acerbic blasts. I too, like you, have watched less and less football in recent times. I think a lot of our friends here have also. Each of us have pet peeves and are turned off for different reasons, but as you look at fan dissatisfaction as a whole,  for all of us, most of it stems from the same thing; the lack of morals, ethics, common respect and decency. We have forgiven the NFL and it's players so, so very much. It's like they keep cutting us, we bleed, and we come back for more. Always taking advantage of our love for the game, and not realizing that it is not our love for them that keeps us coming back.

Like the guy after you posted, I don't like either of these teams, but who the hail wants to watch poor behavior, brutality, disrespect and downright criminal violence? How much of this schidt do these jackoffs think we are going to take? Hell, I am not a Father, but I can't imagine if I had a son taking him to games and pointing our life lessons to him the way our Dad's did at ball games.

You know, when Ghoolie can't even find a macabre sick twist of humor in these things, something is really screwed up.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, miktoxic said:

I don’t want to see, view or be part of anything animal or human getting hurt or killed.

Unfortunately it’s an everyday occurrence because of war or strife.

But for anyone to go in front of a mic and make some BS excuse to feel sorry for a perpetrator is like having an ex-boss come into court on my behalf and try explain away why it’s not my fault for going into McDonald’s and killing 16 people. Bad analogy maybe but think about how ridiculous these massive ego coaches walk around as if they don’t know their guy is carrying an AK.

As the king of hard talk, I agree with you. I think there was a great opportunity here to be BOTH compassionate, and candid. You can pray for a man, wish him well and lament the horror of him being hurt, and at the same time point out that his dirty style may have just taught him a horrible lesson.

I believe if you, me, or any of us were gifted enough to play pro football, none of us would lead head first, both for our own safety and out of respect for the well being of our opponents.

Is it more than coincidental that two head hunters got hurt yesterday? I don't know, but it is something.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

The prob is shazier never keeps his eyes up. Every hit is leading with his crown.

Yup.... and seems to me it's been true of two positions more than most others... LBs and RBs.

5 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Your next mission, should you choose to accept it: click on and read the link provided within the text you quoted..

lol... but that would take time and there are other posts to misunderstand through haste...

 

Bottom line: Swelling... in this case spinal, but also applies to the top end of the spine where sits the brain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

According to who exactly? That's never something I noticed at Ohio State, and I don't watch the Steelers enough to know. If he always did that, he'd be dead. It doesn't take a football guru to know without looking he hurt himself that badly by leading with the crown. I'm just saying even though I was taught from age 10 to lead with the head up, this type of tackle just happens from time to time. It has nothing to do with "dirty", just reacting to the player who in this case dipped down oh so slightly to cause Shazier (and many others) to go at a different launch angle. That's always, always, always going to happen.

Anyone remember Brodney Pool?

He was the poster child for horrible tackling technique. Can't believe he didn't end up paralyzed, because the next guy he actually sees when he tackles him will be the first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

If he ends up paralyzed....would that suffice for your "lifetime ban"?

I'm referring to the fighting in general, not an individual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2017 at 5:42 AM, Unsympathetic said:

Shazier has feeling in his extremities.. he might actually be available for next Sunday bc its "just" a bruise.

Gronk only got one game for leading w an elbow into the helmet of a player who was already down.

Basically Gronks first offense. I support the suspension and fine. Belichick benched him after that hit and he will lose a game check.

He is not a dirty player and has been on the receiving end of dirty hits. Other teams hold him and push all game long because he is so dominate and cant be stopped otherwise. This game when Gronk pushed back they threw the flag on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Basically Gronks first offense. I support the suspension and fine. Belichick benched him after that hit and he will lose a game check.

He is not a dirty player and has been on the receiving end of dirty hits. Other teams hold him and push all game long because he is so dominate and cant be stopped otherwise. This game when Gronk pushed back they threw the flag on him.

It could also quite possibly with missing a game (and rightfully being benched during that game), a lot more via this information:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4808906/rob-gronkowski-loses-281k-with-suspension-and-possibly-much-more

Missing that time with his current stats (55 grabs, 849 yards) could easily make him fall into the "tier 2" of his deal, AKA losing two million dollars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A. Gronk has been pushing off to get open for a long time, but with his size, it is effective even though

it is short-armed.

B. Gronk sure as hell IS a dirty player - he intentionally made a very dangerous, dirty play.

C. Wasn't it Danny Shelton who was flagged for pulling a player off a pile by his ankle? and this dirty hit was not suspension time?

D. refs favor winning teams that make $$$$$$$$$$ for the NFL. That is sanctioned by goodhell the loser sombeitch,

    since he doesn't apparently do anything about it, ever. and it continues - so do the vicious hits.

E. Remember Ogbah getting cheap shotted and held/twisted by rapistbarfer?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/browns-player-nfl-refs-ben-roethlisberger-cheap-shot-steelers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Well said. You know, over the course of losing my Mom and dealing with a few other things, I started to go back in time with regards to this board, and my acerbic blasts. I too, like you, have watched less and less football in recent times. I think a lot of our friends here have also. Each of us have pet peeves and are turned off for different reasons, but as you look at fan dissatisfaction as a whole,  for all of us, most of it stems from the same thing; the lack of morals, ethics, common respect and decency. We have forgiven the NFL and it's players so, so very much. It's like they keep cutting us, we bleed, and we come back for more. Always taking advantage of our love for the game, and not realizing that it is not our love for them that keeps us coming back.

Like the guy after you posted, I don't like either of these teams, but who the hail wants to watch poor behavior, brutality, disrespect and downright criminal violence? How much of this schidt do these jackoffs think we are going to take? Hell, I am not a Father, but I can't imagine if I had a son taking him to games and pointing our life lessons to him the way our Dad's did at ball games.

You know, when Ghoolie can't even find a macabre sick twist of humor in these things, something is really screwed up.

wow. was going to post something exactly like this response like it came from my arthritic fingers........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

A. Gronk has been pushing off to get open for a long time, but with his size, it is effective even though

it is short-armed.

B. Gronk sure as hell IS a dirty player - he intentionally made a very dangerous, dirty play.

C. Wasn't it Danny Shelton who was flagged for pulling a player off a pile by his ankle? and this dirty hit was not suspension time?

D. refs favor winning teams that make $$$$$$$$$$ for the NFL. That is sanctioned by goodhell the loser sombeitch,

    since he doesn't apparently do anything about it, ever. and it continues - so do the vicious hits.

E. Remember Ogbah getting cheap shotted and held/twisted by rapistbarfer?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/browns-player-nfl-refs-ben-roethlisberger-cheap-shot-steelers

 

wr and tes pushing off? dude that's been happening forever with no calls. how about dez bryant? antonio brown? odell beckham? yeah, all the biggest names in wr history are the biggest push off artist to ever suit up. gronk a cheap shot artist? yeah, ok. how long has he been playing and he got pissed and made a dude eat dirt. once in how long? alonzo and burfict IMO are the biggest cheap shot artists playing today. don't hear anyone chirping about alonzo.....

gronk is hardly the problem. seems like there is a serious animosity towards the NE team that continues to dominate the NFL. no they are not the team i root for BUT even i will give props to greatness. get over the fact that modell fired belichick and is a one step shoe-in to the HOF. he was the best coach and organized the best staff we had since paul brown or rutigliano.

everyone needs to get over that instead of considering pissing on someone's grave. childish hate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The days of saying "Gronk is not a dirty player," ended Sunday.

How many players, great players, have we heard undergo "a change" when they step inside the chalk lines? How many have we seen "snap" and lash out? In either case the player is said to "become someone else."

Except they aren't someone else. They just show a different side of the one person that inhabits their uniform every Sunday... which in Gronk's case will be one less Sunday than it otherwise would have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to be fukcked up to play organized football in the first place. Really, in hs these idiots have no life outside of football coach prom and practice. Their entire existence is this idiotic game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

You have to be fukcked up to play organized football in the first place. Really, in hs these idiots have no life outside of football coach prom and practice. Their entire existence is this idiotic game.

Idiotic game? Heh? And frankly if guys made football their whole life they'd probably be better off for it physically and mentally. The prob these days is kids wannabe ro kstars first ball players second. The dudes u see still in the league well into their 30's, like dwight freeney and james harrison...those are the real grown butt men. 

I promise hames harrison will have no cte issues later in life. Especially if he continues his training regimen post nfl. I have no reason to doubt he would. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

It could also quite possibly with missing a game (and rightfully being benched during that game), a lot more via this information:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4808906/rob-gronkowski-loses-281k-with-suspension-and-possibly-much-more

Missing that time with his current stats (55 grabs, 849 yards) could easily make him fall into the "tier 2" of his deal, AKA losing two million dollars.

Good find.

Im going to the Pittsburgh game. Hopefully Gronk lights them up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

A. Gronk has been pushing off to get open for a long time, but with his size, it is effective even though

it is short-armed.

B. Gronk sure as hell IS a dirty player - he intentionally made a very dangerous, dirty play.

C. Wasn't it Danny Shelton who was flagged for pulling a player off a pile by his ankle? and this dirty hit was not suspension time?

D. refs favor winning teams that make $$$$$$$$$$ for the NFL. That is sanctioned by goodhell the loser sombeitch,

    since he doesn't apparently do anything about it, ever. and it continues - so do the vicious hits.

E. Remember Ogbah getting cheap shotted and held/twisted by rapistbarfer?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/browns-player-nfl-refs-ben-roethlisberger-cheap-shot-steelers

 

Gronk is not a dirty player and the only way to stop him is push and hold. Has Gronk pushed off? Yes. Was the DB or LB grabbing him and trying to push him off his route? Yes. After about a dozen times during the game Gronk has to do something.

This particular play was a joke the way the Bills player held him and then picked the ball. No call for PI or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Gronk is not a dirty player and the only way to stop him is push and hold. Has Gronk pushed off? Yes. Was the DB or LB grabbing him and trying to push him off his route? Yes. After about a dozen times during the game Gronk has to do something.

This particular play was a joke the way the Bills player held him and then picked the ball. No call for PI or anything.

Vigilantism is not a standard for civilization. This is part of why humanity is in the shitter.

Civilization ceases to exist as people believe that ends justify the means.

Referees not players regulate rule breaking. An intelligent man can calmly and succinctly make and win his case with the officials.

Football is violent and in many ways is spinning out of control.

What to you teach a kid? If the refs don't make things nice for you, you go ahead and bash Someone?

Godell has been cancer to the NFL. His selective judgements have created a sewer. Gronk  should be made an example of. The proper decision is to suspend him for the remainder of the season and for the first 4 games in 2018.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Vigilantism is not a standard for civilization. This is part of why humanity is in the shitter.

Civilization ceases to exist as people believe that ends justify the means.

Referees not players regulate rule breaking. An intelligent man can calmly and succinctly make and win his case with the officials.

Football is violent and in many ways is spinning out of control.

What to you teach a kid? If the refs don't make things nice for you, you go ahead and bash Someone?

Godell has been cancer to the NFL. His selective judgements have created a sewer. Gronk  should be made an example of. The proper decision is to suspend him for the remainder of the season and for the first 4 games in 2018.

Gronk pleads his case to the Refs every game. You dont need to be F Lee Bailey to inform the Ref of holding. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About Gronk being a dirty player or not, I'm sure that due to his "uniqueness" -big and strong as a TE, but fast as a receiver- he has suffered more holding plays than many other players. He's always been a problem for defenses because either you cover him with a LB and he outruns you, or you cover him with a CB and he outsizes you. God knows how many hits the TEs get.

Anyway, as Ghoolie says, you can complain as much as you want, but never should give a cheap shot to a rival for an uncalled penalty. 

And if I'm not mistaken, in the SB that the Patriots won against the Seahawks, Gronk didn't hesitate on throwing some punches in the final disgraceful fight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nero said:

About Gronk being a dirty player or not, I'm sure that due to his "uniqueness" -big and strong as a TE, but fast as a receiver- he has suffered more holding plays than many other players. He's always been a problem for defenses because either you cover him with a LB and he outruns you, or you cover him with a CB and he outsizes you. God knows how many hits the TEs get.

Anyway, as Ghoolie says, you can complain as much as you want, but never should give a cheap shot to a rival for an uncalled penalty. 

And if I'm not mistaken, in the SB that the Patriots won against the Seahawks, Gronk didn't hesitate on throwing some punches in the final disgraceful fight. 

The Seahawks initiated the fight because they lost.

Butthurt about losing has become the norm today. The skirmish tarnished Gronks squeaky clean image and was legendary in that nobody is going to push him around. Nobody wants a puxxy for a TE either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Gronk is not a dirty player and the only way to stop him is push and hold. Has Gronk pushed off? Yes. Was the DB or LB grabbing him and trying to push him off his route? Yes. After about a dozen times during the game Gronk has to do something.

This particular play was a joke the way the Bills player held him and then picked the ball. No call for PI or anything.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×