THE BROWNS BOARD

Ryan Shazier Injury

D Bone

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

you might be right about the nfl not being around sometime in the future...who knows...i do know that i don't watch as much nfl football and it all started with the kapernick cowpoop...the rule chgs are so Shmucked up....one roughing the qb penalty might not be roughing in another game...i see this Sheet seems like a million times...i have free nfl sunday ticket for the last 3 yrs and have hardly watched it...did not see the shazier incident last night...did not even watch the game to the end....losing alot of interest overall. i do know this, most of my buds that i keep in touch with don't watch the nfl at all for yrs now....back in the day we all had our favorite teams...mine of course was the browns because of jim brown...we were all from eastern pa. and not a one of us rooted for the eagles...they were so bad back then...there were cowboys, vikings, colts, rams fans....boy those were the days....we all would raz each other when our teams would lose or win....i miss those days...

Well said. You know, over the course of losing my Mom and dealing with a few other things, I started to go back in time with regards to this board, and my acerbic blasts. I too, like you, have watched less and less football in recent times. I think a lot of our friends here have also. Each of us have pet peeves and are turned off for different reasons, but as you look at fan dissatisfaction as a whole,  for all of us, most of it stems from the same thing; the lack of morals, ethics, common respect and decency. We have forgiven the NFL and it's players so, so very much. It's like they keep cutting us, we bleed, and we come back for more. Always taking advantage of our love for the game, and not realizing that it is not our love for them that keeps us coming back.

Like the guy after you posted, I don't like either of these teams, but who the hail wants to watch poor behavior, brutality, disrespect and downright criminal violence? How much of this schidt do these jackoffs think we are going to take? Hell, I am not a Father, but I can't imagine if I had a son taking him to games and pointing our life lessons to him the way our Dad's did at ball games.

You know, when Ghoolie can't even find a macabre sick twist of humor in these things, something is really screwed up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, miktoxic said:

I don’t want to see, view or be part of anything animal or human getting hurt or killed.

Unfortunately it’s an everyday occurrence because of war or strife.

But for anyone to go in front of a mic and make some BS excuse to feel sorry for a perpetrator is like having an ex-boss come into court on my behalf and try explain away why it’s not my fault for going into McDonald’s and killing 16 people. Bad analogy maybe but think about how ridiculous these massive ego coaches walk around as if they don’t know their guy is carrying an AK.

As the king of hard talk, I agree with you. I think there was a great opportunity here to be BOTH compassionate, and candid. You can pray for a man, wish him well and lament the horror of him being hurt, and at the same time point out that his dirty style may have just taught him a horrible lesson.

I believe if you, me, or any of us were gifted enough to play pro football, none of us would lead head first, both for our own safety and out of respect for the well being of our opponents.

Is it more than coincidental that two head hunters got hurt yesterday? I don't know, but it is something.

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

The prob is shazier never keeps his eyes up. Every hit is leading with his crown.

Yup.... and seems to me it's been true of two positions more than most others... LBs and RBs.

5 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Your next mission, should you choose to accept it: click on and read the link provided within the text you quoted..

lol... but that would take time and there are other posts to misunderstand through haste...

Bottom line: Swelling... in this case spinal, but also applies to the top end of the spine where sits the brain.

7 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

According to who exactly? That's never something I noticed at Ohio State, and I don't watch the Steelers enough to know. If he always did that, he'd be dead. It doesn't take a football guru to know without looking he hurt himself that badly by leading with the crown. I'm just saying even though I was taught from age 10 to lead with the head up, this type of tackle just happens from time to time. It has nothing to do with "dirty", just reacting to the player who in this case dipped down oh so slightly to cause Shazier (and many others) to go at a different launch angle. That's always, always, always going to happen.

Anyone remember Brodney Pool?

He was the poster child for horrible tackling technique. Can't believe he didn't end up paralyzed, because the next guy he actually sees when he tackles him will be the first.

7 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Basically Gronks first offense. I support the suspension and fine. Belichick benched him after that hit and he will lose a game check.

He is not a dirty player and has been on the receiving end of dirty hits. Other teams hold him and push all game long because he is so dominate and cant be stopped otherwise. This game when Gronk pushed back they threw the flag on him.

It could also quite possibly with missing a game (and rightfully being benched during that game), a lot more via this information:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4808906/rob-gronkowski-loses-281k-with-suspension-and-possibly-much-more

Missing that time with his current stats (55 grabs, 849 yards) could easily make him fall into the "tier 2" of his deal, AKA losing two million dollars.

A. Gronk has been pushing off to get open for a long time, but with his size, it is effective even though

it is short-armed.

B. Gronk sure as hell IS a dirty player - he intentionally made a very dangerous, dirty play.

C. Wasn't it Danny Shelton who was flagged for pulling a player off a pile by his ankle? and this dirty hit was not suspension time?

D. refs favor winning teams that make $$$$$$$$$$ for the NFL. That is sanctioned by goodhell the loser sombeitch,

since he doesn't apparently do anything about it, ever. and it continues - so do the vicious hits.

E. Remember Ogbah getting cheap shotted and held/twisted by rapistbarfer?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/browns-player-nfl-refs-ben-roethlisberger-cheap-shot-steelers

15 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Well said. You know, over the course of losing my Mom and dealing with a few other things, I started to go back in time with regards to this board, and my acerbic blasts. I too, like you, have watched less and less football in recent times. I think a lot of our friends here have also. Each of us have pet peeves and are turned off for different reasons, but as you look at fan dissatisfaction as a whole,  for all of us, most of it stems from the same thing; the lack of morals, ethics, common respect and decency. We have forgiven the NFL and it's players so, so very much. It's like they keep cutting us, we bleed, and we come back for more. Always taking advantage of our love for the game, and not realizing that it is not our love for them that keeps us coming back.

Like the guy after you posted, I don't like either of these teams, but who the hail wants to watch poor behavior, brutality, disrespect and downright criminal violence? How much of this schidt do these jackoffs think we are going to take? Hell, I am not a Father, but I can't imagine if I had a son taking him to games and pointing our life lessons to him the way our Dad's did at ball games.

You know, when Ghoolie can't even find a macabre sick twist of humor in these things, something is really screwed up.

wow. was going to post something exactly like this response like it came from my arthritic fingers........

47 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

A. Gronk has been pushing off to get open for a long time, but with his size, it is effective even though

it is short-armed.

B. Gronk sure as hell IS a dirty player - he intentionally made a very dangerous, dirty play.

C. Wasn't it Danny Shelton who was flagged for pulling a player off a pile by his ankle? and this dirty hit was not suspension time?

D. refs favor winning teams that make $$$$$$$$$$ for the NFL. That is sanctioned by goodhell the loser sombeitch,

since he doesn't apparently do anything about it, ever. and it continues - so do the vicious hits.

E. Remember Ogbah getting cheap shotted and held/twisted by rapistbarfer?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/browns-player-nfl-refs-ben-roethlisberger-cheap-shot-steelers

wr and tes pushing off? dude that's been happening forever with no calls. how about dez bryant? antonio brown? odell beckham? yeah, all the biggest names in wr history are the biggest push off artist to ever suit up. gronk a cheap shot artist? yeah, ok. how long has he been playing and he got pissed and made a dude eat dirt. once in how long? alonzo and burfict IMO are the biggest cheap shot artists playing today. don't hear anyone chirping about alonzo.....

gronk is hardly the problem. seems like there is a serious animosity towards the NE team that continues to dominate the NFL. no they are not the team i root for BUT even i will give props to greatness. get over the fact that modell fired belichick and is a one step shoe-in to the HOF. he was the best coach and organized the best staff we had since paul brown or rutigliano.

everyone needs to get over that instead of considering pissing on someone's grave. childish hate.

The days of saying "Gronk is not a dirty player," ended Sunday.

How many players, great players, have we heard undergo "a change" when they step inside the chalk lines? How many have we seen "snap" and lash out? In either case the player is said to "become someone else."

Except they aren't someone else. They just show a different side of the one person that inhabits their uniform every Sunday... which in Gronk's case will be one less Sunday than it otherwise would have been.

You have to be fukcked up to play organized football in the first place. Really, in hs these idiots have no life outside of football coach prom and practice. Their entire existence is this idiotic game.

24 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

You have to be fukcked up to play organized football in the first place. Really, in hs these idiots have no life outside of football coach prom and practice. Their entire existence is this idiotic game.

Idiotic game? Heh? And frankly if guys made football their whole life they'd probably be better off for it physically and mentally. The prob these days is kids wannabe ro kstars first ball players second. The dudes u see still in the league well into their 30's, like dwight freeney and james harrison...those are the real grown butt men. 

I promise hames harrison will have no cte issues later in life. Especially if he continues his training regimen post nfl. I have no reason to doubt he would. 

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Gronk is not a dirty player and the only way to stop him is push and hold. Has Gronk pushed off? Yes. Was the DB or LB grabbing him and trying to push him off his route? Yes. After about a dozen times during the game Gronk has to do something.

This particular play was a joke the way the Bills player held him and then picked the ball. No call for PI or anything.

Vigilantism is not a standard for civilization. This is part of why humanity is in the shitter.

Civilization ceases to exist as people believe that ends justify the means.

Referees not players regulate rule breaking. An intelligent man can calmly and succinctly make and win his case with the officials.

Football is violent and in many ways is spinning out of control.

What to you teach a kid? If the refs don't make things nice for you, you go ahead and bash Someone?

Godell has been cancer to the NFL. His selective judgements have created a sewer. Gronk  should be made an example of. The proper decision is to suspend him for the remainder of the season and for the first 4 games in 2018.

About Gronk being a dirty player or not, I'm sure that due to his "uniqueness" -big and strong as a TE, but fast as a receiver- he has suffered more holding plays than many other players. He's always been a problem for defenses because either you cover him with a LB and he outruns you, or you cover him with a CB and he outsizes you. God knows how many hits the TEs get.

Anyway, as Ghoolie says, you can complain as much as you want, but never should give a cheap shot to a rival for an uncalled penalty. 

And if I'm not mistaken, in the SB that the Patriots won against the Seahawks, Gronk didn't hesitate on throwing some punches in the final disgraceful fight. 

16 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Gronk is not a dirty player and the only way to stop him is push and hold. Has Gronk pushed off? Yes. Was the DB or LB grabbing him and trying to push him off his route? Yes. After about a dozen times during the game Gronk has to do something.

This particular play was a joke the way the Bills player held him and then picked the ball. No call for PI or anything.

On 12/6/2017 at 1:14 PM, boo fagley said:

Gronk is a piece of shit, not up for debate anymore, DBs are a Band of Brothers, it won't just be the Bills coming for him. He won't make it to the playoffs with healthy knees.

Why we have a Patriots fan posting in a thread about Ryan Shavesqueers is beyond me but this board has gone softer than Sashi, hopefully this Irishman NFL vet we hired to pick the players will have an effect on toughening our fan base too.

Z

I hope Shazier fully recovers and recovers where he is medically cleared to play again. That being said, his injury was totally preventable, as someone else mentioned on this board, I didn't watch the game and when I heard about his injury the first thing I thought of was him leading with his head. Remember he flagged and fined for doing that to Kizer in week one. Paralyzation would by a tough way to learn that lesson so I hope he can fully recover.

18 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

The surgery he just had puts him out for the season, best case a 4-6 month recovery.

I'm betting he's hoping he just walks again. 

11 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Because someone compared Gronks hit to Shaziers,

DB are a band of brothers? HAHA keep dreaming boy.

Might want to bench that coward versus the Bills.

http://www.weei.com/blogs/alex-reimer/bills-cb-tredavious-white-reportedly-says-whole-hood-after-rob-gronkowski

Z

A lot of great points in this thread.  Somewhere along Shazier's run - he was trained to go for the kill shot and lead with the helmet.  This bad practice got perfected as you would imagine.  Now, he's in a place where James Harrison always resorted to these kill-shots while another scum bag (previous dirty player) Joey Pottymouth-Porter is a Defensive Coach for Pitt. The difference with Harrison (the NFL's Jerry Garcia of HGH abuse) is he has a neck with the circumference of an oak tree. 

The NFL and Roger Goodfella, in particular, like to pretend they are all our for safety of players all the while they remained behind the curve on the latest and greatest PEDs their penny-pinching/outdated tests do not detect.The Pittsburgh Steelers actually hired Dr Roidyze (Sp?) with compromised ethics displayed in his excessive purchases of HGH for clinical practices.  He was employed by the Rooneys for 22 years to help them sty ahead of everyone else and they did.  That drug was not created for the purpose of making professional football players in Pittsburgh better football players. I laughed my assss off the year it was announced that the NFL would start testing for HGH - the volume of Steelers announcing retirement spiked considerably.   It reminded me of the end of a Waltons episode. "Good night Polly!  Good night Worildsies!  Good night Ikesies?   Good night Keisel!   Good night John Boy!"  

The NFL keeps promoting more scoring via the passing game and all the rules established to favor the pass game. In the process, this promotes and perpetuates more collisions in space in today's world of bigger,faster, stronger player.  Unfortunately, physics don't lie.  In the 70s and early 80s, I found RBs like Leroy Kelly, Greg Pruitt, Mike Pruitt, Walter Payton, Billy Sims, Earl Campbell and many others fun to watch while I don't remember seeing so many season ending injuries and volumes of players missing significant action. Rugby is played with far less protection but the scrums keeping opponents in closer proximity to one another prior to collisions - does lend itself to the same number of violent collisions. And, if one knows he doesn't have a hard shelled helmet on his head - he's far less likely to use it as an initiator of contact (as his weapon of choice) in space. There seemed to be more of an emphasis on the trenches where running games & olines - took on front 7s with offenses hoping to get good balance from passing games to stretch defenses out of the box.  For example, the Miami Dolphins used Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris and Jim Kiick while the 4.2 forty speed Paul Warfield prevented defenses from loading the box. The setup made it possible for a backup QB (Earl Morral) in his late 30s to lead Miami to an undefeated season after the starter (Bob Griese) went down in week 5.    I remember a 3 year period when Brian Sipe averaged over 4000 yards passing when that was unheard prior to the rule changes that would soon deem such an achievement meaningless in today's game.  That was at a time when Mel Blount could undress a WR like it was a hockey fight in one of his routine coverages. 

When I watch the quality of today's game - I don't see the same quality I used to appreciate so much.  The tackling has never been worse while the injury volumes have never seemed higher.  Meanwhile, the college game is not training college QBs for today's NFL game very well at all any more. One might argue - it never has.  BUT, we're in an era where it's all on the QBs,  The increased congestion of red zone consistently puts the QB's accuracy on trial; and separates the doe's from the bucks and the do's from the don'ts at the QB position.   Success is alienated to the teams that hit the lottery at QB.  That + the disappointing injury volumes has to be a part of the ratings declining in 2017.   There's only a handful of QBs that can guarantee post season football to their cities every year.  And then it's right back to who can outshine Tom Brady or Ben Rapen?   Not to take away from how good either guy has been - but WTF is challenging either guy all season?   Has anyone ever taken inventory of the competition Brady plays twice a year?  Meanwhile Cleveland continues to be the Bingo FREE SPACE for 3 AFC North teams twice a year.  Back in the 70s and 80s - it didn't matter how bad we were or if Pittsburgh was Superbowl Champion caliber - we could still sting them once a year.  We're never going to do that looking to deaf, dumb and blind in the pocket.  When I'm hearing 1 TD pass in a 60 minute game is a breakout performance during this 1-27 run - I have to wonder why our only alternative to such junior achievement is 1 very petrified Kessler that fetal positions our pass game while the QB (Hogan) with the best passer rating this year (and all preseason) can't even suit up.   Is this where I need to pretend he has a very severe rib injury? 

A fan may ask what's the difference between 0 and 2 or 3 wins while assuring us we just need to stay patient.  The difference is the players LIVING this nightmare begin to think of  greener pastures elsewhere and it can get viral quicker than we think.  This is WHY your Alex Macks and your Mitchell Schwartzes lost enough faith to go play elsewhere in spite of how generous Cleveland was in salary and/or opportunity.  It also shapes our recruiting attraction toward REAL free agents, trades or QBs who can actually help us .  Anyone think Jimmy Garappolo was thinking or saying  "I want me some Cleveland man!" ???

As one that has always loved the game of football - I'm clinging to the idea that all things go in cycles.  My sincere hope is this period of bush league football will run its course back toward the type of football that once reeled me in to the idea there is no greater game to watch on television.  We have the best fan base on the planet so we shouldn't be held hostage to hearing we just need to be more patient when one regime finished with 3-18 football followed by 1-27 football in the next regime.  Enough is enough - we deserve better!

13 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Nah, Gronk has balls like me.

White’s text message about Gronk apparently says, “The whole hood want ‘em.” That’s seemingly in reference to the Bills, who have been criticized this week for not coming to White’s defense.

What became of the" band of brothers?" The patriots team will fvck his punk axx world up. 

What are they going to do? Wait until he's on the ground and run up like WWE and take a defenseless headshot?

Zombo

go back to ballet school you twink. yeah WWE as in fake.was guy paralyzed, twitching on field or crying cuz he got glancing blow in helmet designed to prevent injuries?

hilarious!

stick to picking brown's wins every week. you and hot diggity dawg.

44 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

go back to ballet school you twink. yeah WWE as in fake.was guy paralyzed, twitching on field or crying cuz he got glancing blow in helmet designed to prevent injuries?

hilarious!

stick to picking brown's wins every week. you and hot diggity dawg.

If we want your opinion we'll climb under the bar and find you.

Zombo

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Nah, Gronk has balls like me.

The difference is Gronk has more balls than brain cells. 

When Gronk played his high school football up in Western, NY - he had an MRI/CT Scan on his brain.  When the attending physician summarized the results with "we didn't find anything" - everyone in his family breathed a sigh of relief except 1 person.  Gronk's dad pounded his fist on the table and said "You mean to tell me I had to give you a $200.00 co-pay just to tell me my son doesn't have any brains?  I've known that for 17 years and it's never cost me a cent."

What Gronk did is horrible and just plain stupid. But let’s not forget the countless dirty hits James Harrison did over his career. Let’s not forget that Gronks hit is no where near as bad as Ray Lewis killing a man. Everyone seems to forget Ray Lewis killed a man. We live in a society in which people love To be offended, and what Gronk did was a POS move, but let’s not act like he was the first to do something horribly dirty. Where was the outrage when Antonio Brown kick slammed our punter? Steelers are just as dirty, if not more than Gronk. Doesn’t mean both of them aren’t dirty and horrible.

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

If we want your opinion we'll climb under the bar and find you.

Zombo

never under johnny. usually slept on pool table or back room but sophie (old uki) would never stand for it and send me out to walk the 1/2 mile clinging to fences and cars from side to side, even in -30 degree weather.

LMK next time you belly up and be a man. maybe save a women's life by putting ur face in front of a fist.

go army!!

5a2c57d79820d_2014-12-0210_25_09.thumb.jpg.0f2c2f99525b9f546bcd4faf786a4f04.jpgSNB10014.thumb.JPG.f52d921f1c0ce1be74b18aa015c4575f.JPG5a2c579762af3_2014-12-0210_10_58.thumb.jpg.17f0e8db30acc15be385ec02e50e7c80.jpg

BIDDATCH.

Archived