THE BROWNS BOARD

Gronkowski assault

LondonBrown

Just now, BaconHound said:

Got a game, I thought it could be 2, but suspension fit the issue.

Had the Pats game been on MNF and the CIN/PTG tilt been Sunday, then I think Gronk would have gotten 2.

On 12/4/2017 at 10:12 AM, D Bone said:

I just saw the pussy sucker punch this morning and totally agree.... we're about to find out just how much the NFL cares about its players' safety. 

obviously you've never been sucker punched. what are you all made of twine?

sucker punch is when you wake up next to juke box with your teeth on the floor and blood dripping into eye.

dude ate some dirt. big Shmuckin deal. you and i eat more dirt going to mcdonalds.

everyone hates the Pats, 'and yet i smile.'

2nd best fight speech behing mel in braveheart.

11 hours ago, miktoxic said:

obviously you've never been sucker punched. what are you all made of twine?

sucker punch is when you wake up next to juke box with your teeth on the floor and blood dripping into eye.

dude ate some dirt. big Shmuckin deal. you and i eat more dirt going to mcdonalds.

everyone hates the Pats, 'and yet i smile.'

2nd best fight speech behing mel in braveheart.

First thought watching that clip: Hey, that’s Rob Zombie 

second thought: hey, that’s not Rob Zombie 

On 12/4/2017 at 7:17 PM, Ghoolie said:

One game suspension? Are you out of your mind? This was not a dirty hit, this was criminal assault. If I was the Bills player I would get a good lawyer, file a police report and end the guy's career.

You guys are talking about head injury? Jesus, Joseph and Mary, are you fukcing people that dulled by talking heads, football speak, analytics and X's and O's that you can't ascertain WTF you are looking at?

This is no different that thugs playing the knockout game. Sorry, but that is more that an azzhole penalty, that is criminal assault disguised as football.

He should be banished from football, sued, and charged with felonious assault.

On 12/4/2017 at 6:13 PM, tiamat63 said:

One game shows the NFL pays only lip service to player safety.   Two games to Crabtree and that was a straight up fight between two guys without the possibility of a spine injury.  

What Gronk did, dropping the people's elbow on the back of Whites head, could have Shmucking killed him.  You should be getting 4 games and a huge fine with that. 

edit:  And the Shmucking nerve to appeal is just insane. 

I just watched the video for the first time. After having read these comments, I expected a lot worse. It looked like a glancing blow. 

15 hours ago, miktoxic said:

obviously you've never been sucker punched ........... sucker punch is when you wake up next to juke box with your teeth on the floor and blood dripping into eye.

Man, that doesn't sound the least bit fun...... guess I'm not going out with you any time soon! 

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Man, that doesn't sound the least bit fun...... guess I'm not going out with you any time soon! 

no, not me....but i've seen it happen.

had a lady bartender friend who's boyfriend was the biker dude with tattoos on the neck etc. thought he hated my guts. some rich guy who we all knew that drove his old porsche conv and had fleetwood motorboat came in and got a little handsy one night and pushed me into the pool table there (i think by mistake....not a bad man) but when he turned around laughing to go get his beer the bartender's BF just turned around and busted his face wide open.

i've been around the world and seen many a bar fight assault with fists and weapons. i've tried to be a nice guy all my life and never have started or laid hands on people that i didn't have to defend myself family or friends from. that MNF game was shite compared to the broken bottles and tankers vs. navy vs. union vs dickbags. i have a 3" scar on my forehead from a friend who liked to beat up his GF when drunk in public.......yeah, he's dead now.

16 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

no, not me....but i've seen it happen.

had a lady bartender friend who's boyfriend was the biker dude with tattoos on the neck etc. thought he hated my guts. some rich guy who we all knew that drove his old porsche conv and had fleetwood motorboat came in and got a little handsy one night and pushed me into the pool table there (i think by mistake....not a bad man) but when he turned around laughing to go get his beer the bartender's BF just turned around and busted his face wide open.

i've been around the world and seen many a bar fight assault with fists and weapons. i've tried to be a nice guy all my life and never have started or laid hands on people that i didn't have to defend myself family or friends from. that MNF game was shite compared to the broken bottles and tankers vs. navy vs. union vs dickbags. i have a 3" scar on my forehead from a friend who liked to beat up his GF when drunk in public.......yeah, he's dead now.

I've never been a bar dude or much of a drinker, so I guess I've lead a fairly safe 50yrs then..... I'll just stick to launching my 450cc moto-x bike over 80' road gap jumps at the age of 50..... where I'm safe and sound from the rest of the world. 

51 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I've never been a bar dude or much of a drinker, so I guess I've lead a fairly safe 50yrs then..... I'll just stick to launching my 450cc moto-x bike over 80' road gap jumps at the age of 50..... where I'm safe and sound from the rest of the world. 

was stationed in aurora colorado at lowry AFB for army/air force college and had my dad send me out my old yamaha 750 enduro just to get around on.

went to a crater sized pit one day and saw these cats doing tricks off the top rim like they were on skateboards.....i was like nah.......rather be in a bar fight...lol.

4 hours ago, wargograw said:

I just watched the video for the first time. After having read these comments, I expected a lot worse. It looked like a glancing blow. 

Paul, you're missing the point. Gronk's hit was pre-meditated as the play was OVER. Never mind that it may have been a "glancing blow". It was a PLANNED hit, not a continuation of a play. Truly an unquestionable cheap shot.

Mike

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Paul, you're missing the point. Gronk's hit was pre-meditated as the play was OVER. Never mind that it may have been a "glancing blow". It was a PLANNED hit, not a continuation of a play. Truly an unquestionable cheap shot.

Mike

Ok I get that then. But I thought the guy had intercepted the ball and thus had to be touched?

Meanwhile, Jabril Peppers awaits his appeal from Derrick Brooks (going on 2 weeks now) on a fine for 24k (hit on defenseless player) on a no name Bengal WR Josh Malone..a clean shoulder pad hit to chest plate causing head collision..George IIoka got reduced from game suspension to a fine of 36,464.50. For illegal hit to helmet on Ant. Brown. What should Peppers be fined for, if at all?     

7 hours ago, wargograw said:

So, if I took a shot at your wife, Mom, or Baby, and the 50 caliber bullet barely grazed the target, I should just get my wrist slapped?

Dude, it doesn't matter what the impact of the punch was. What matters is the impact on civility, on lawfulness, on the dignity of proper behavior in the NFL, and really, in life in general. So what you are proposing is an uneccessary roughness penalty be rated at 1 - 15 yards, and the loss of down up the the discretion of the official based on how hard the hit was, or how injured the recipient was.

Come on dude, you're better than that. Losing one's composure and throwing a fist to do damage? It doesn't matter how hard it landed.

You know, we have a ton of panhandlers in Memphis. I give out a lot of dollar bills and chat with some crazy bastoords at stop lights. People tell me all the time, "don't be stupid, those people have more money than we do, it is a scam. Here is my reply......I give from my heart. When the time comes for my judgement, I pray that this kind of stuff pleases the referee upstairs because I have a lot of crap I am not too proud of. You see, what the recipient is or is not doesn't matter...........the intent of the giver is all that matters.

Gronkowski had deliberate intent in his actions. Unacceptable............... Unacceptable..................... Unacceptable

5 hours ago, D Bone said:

That takes some nasty balls, bro. You gotta post some pictures. When I was a kid I had a 250 Suzuki twin, road bike. My buddy had a 350 honda scrambler (pipes up the side) and he took me to a quarry to climb hills and fart around. My pipes down low didn't allow me to do much, but man, I always wanted to get a dirt bike. One reason or another I stuck to the road. I dig watching what these daredevil riders can do in dirt. Very, very cool.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

If Ben took that hit, he would be demanding Godell build a gallows.

This crap about rating dirty play according to how bad a guy got hurt, or whether we like him or not is bull schnitzle. It's all unacceptable behavior.

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

That takes some nasty balls, bro. You gotta post some pictures. When I was a kid I had a 250 Suzuki twin, road bike. My buddy had a 350 honda scrambler (pipes up the side) and he took me to a quarry to climb hills and fart around. My pipes down low didn't allow me to do much, but man, I always wanted to get a dirt bike. One reason or another I stuck to the road. I dig watching what these daredevil riders can do in dirt. Very, very cool.

Thanks! As a SoCal born and raised dude I grew up on moto x bikes. I began racing at 9 and turned 250cc pro in '84 when I was 17..... I then realized pretty quickly that I was going as fast as I could ever go and it was nowhere close enough to what was needed to 'make a living' at the sport, so I quit racing in '86 and began my life as an electrician.

I still ride moto today, as well as mountain bikes too, as it's what we do here where I live..... The Super X season kicks off here in SoCal in January, and if you haven't seen a SX race in a while, you should check it out.... 

Riding anything on the street with morons piloting 4k pound autos while FaceTaBooking simply terrifies the hell out of me. 

Picture I have handy from 2010ish on my 500:

020.jpg

4 hours ago, wargograw said:

Ok I get that then. But I thought the guy had intercepted the ball and thus had to be touched?

LOL its comments like this by wargograw that help me understand why hes such a idiot.  Mind you he said an a earlier post that he watched the video. :wacko:

1 hour ago, Richiswhere said:

LOL its comments like this by wargograw that help me understand why hes such a idiot.  Mind you he said an a earlier post that he watched the video. :wacko:

Actually that would be  TIDIOIDIT

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Thanks! As a SoCal born and raised dude I grew up on moto x bikes. I began racing at 9 and turned 250cc pro in '84 when I was 17..... I then realized pretty quickly that I was going as fast as I could ever go and it was nowhere close enough to what was needed to 'make a living' at the sport, so I quit racing in '86 and began my life as an electrician.

I still ride moto today, as well as mountain bikes too, as it's what we do here where I live..... The Super X season kicks off here in SoCal in January, and if you haven't seen a SX race in a while, you should check it out.... 

Riding anything on the street with morons piloting 4k pound autos while FaceTaBooking simply terrifies the hell out of me. 

Picture I have handy from 2010ish on my 500:

020.jpg

Impressive.

At least the ‘white’ man gronkowski owned up to his frustrated glancing blow....which it was.

ever hear ward, burfict, Alonzo, sappy or suh own up to their dirty Sheet?

exactly. STFU snowflakes. Quit hating on the team that continues to be class act and kick your butt legally every year with 3-6 round picks. Twats.

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

So, if I took a shot at your wife, Mom, or Baby, and the 50 caliber bullet barely grazed the target, I should just get my wrist slapped?

Dude, it doesn't matter what the impact of the punch was. What matters is the impact on civility, on lawfulness, on the dignity of proper behavior in the NFL, and really, in life in general. So what you are proposing is an uneccessary roughness penalty be rated at 1 - 15 yards, and the loss of down up the the discretion of the official based on how hard the hit was, or how injured the recipient was.

Come on dude, you're better than that. Losing one's composure and throwing a fist to do damage? It doesn't matter how hard it landed.

You know, we have a ton of panhandlers in Memphis. I give out a lot of dollar bills and chat with some crazy bastoords at stop lights. People tell me all the time, "don't be stupid, those people have more money than we do, it is a scam. Here is my reply......I give from my heart. When the time comes for my judgement, I pray that this kind of stuff pleases the referee upstairs because I have a lot of crap I am not too proud of. You see, what the recipient is or is not doesn't matter...........the intent of the giver is all that matters.

Gronkowski had deliberate intent in his actions. Unacceptable............... Unacceptable..................... Unacceptable

No. My point is that hits after the play happen ALL THE TIME. So when people say this one was really egregious I'm thinking "oh well it must have either been wayyyyy after the play or he must have really hurt the guy." Neither was the case. 

We don't need to talk about your ridiculously errant views on justification right now. 

47 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Actually that would be  TIDIOIDIT

Now that was funny.

10 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

The players HEAD VIOLENTLY HITTING the TURF after a blow from behind while laying face down out of bounds was not a "glancing blow" 

He was already on ground. It’s not like came off the third rope and did the rock elbow or the macho man arm band blast ‘brother’ on the dude.

gronk 1st time stoopid hit meanwhile where are you when burgict, Harrison, suh, Alonzo do it every Sunday....????.....

crickets.

goo fagley.

1 hour ago, miktoxic said:

He was already on ground. It’s not like came off the third rope and did the rock elbow or the macho man arm band blast ‘brother’ on the dude.

gronk 1st time stoopid hit meanwhile where are you when burgict, Harrison, suh, Alonzo do it every Sunday....????.....

crickets.

goo fagley.

The players you mention have been penalized, fined and or suspended numerous times. Where should I have been ?

NOTHING tough about hitting a guy in the back of the head while he's laying face down. Punk azz move actually. That's not man-ing up. You may favor blind siding a guy but true tough guys prefer heads up man on man FACE to FACE.

Watching the passive Browns may be having a negative affect on you. You  should WISH, your analytic guys would bring in beast like a Harrison or Burfict

1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

The players you mention have been penalized, fined and or suspended numerous times. Where should I have been ?

NOTHING tough about hitting a guy in the back of the head while he's laying face down. Punk azz move actually. That's not man-ing up. You may favor blind siding a guy but true tough guys prefer heads up man on man FACE to FACE.

Watching the passive Browns may be having a negative affect on you. You  should WISH, your analytic guys would bring in beast like a Harrison or Burfict

wake the f.u.c.k. up and read my posts.......u read this and think i condone any violent acts? 

what is more disturbing is people like you that can't read, research or comprehend. thanks nancy pelosi! it's armageddon!!

On 12/5/2017 at 12:59 AM, miktoxic said:

don't 'hate' anyone but i seriously dislike a bunch. shazier and others who lead to spear and hurt others (kiko alonzo, burfict, ) i believe are told to do so by their coaches....if not the owners would be suspending those players the next day instead of looking like ventriliquist dummy at 80 years old jerrah explaining away why they draft druggies and thugs.

those highlights show exactly why viewership of NFL is down 10 million a year as some douce does a nut rub dance as an opposing player lies unconscious on field.

hope shazier is not injured as stated, but if someone broke his leg i wouldn't shed a Shmucking tear.

btw, refs, once again threw game to shittesburgh. Shmuck them.

meanwhile he's still in hospital. there's ur fake friggin news.

On 12/5/2017 at 9:03 AM, miktoxic said:

I don’t want to see, view or be part of anything animal or human getting hurt or killed.

Unfortunately it’s an everyday occurrence because of war or strife.

But for anyone to go in front of a mic and make some BS excuse to feel sorry for a perpetrator is like having an ex-boss come into court on my behalf and try explain away why it’s not my fault for going into McDonald’s and killing 16 people. Bad analogy maybe but think about how ridiculous these massive ego coaches walk around as if they don’t know their guy is carrying an AK.

On 12/6/2017 at 9:35 AM, miktoxic said:

wr and tes pushing off? dude that's been happening forever with no calls. how about dez bryant? antonio brown? odell beckham? yeah, all the biggest names in wr history are the biggest push off artist to ever suit up. gronk a cheap shot artist? yeah, ok. how long has he been playing and he got pissed and made a dude eat dirt. once in how long? alonzo and burfict IMO are the biggest cheap shot artists playing today. don't hear anyone chirping about alonzo.....

gronk is hardly the problem. seems like there is a serious animosity towards the NE team that continues to dominate the NFL. no they are not the team i root for BUT even i will give props to greatness. get over the fact that modell fired belichick and is a one step shoe-in to the HOF. he was the best coach and organized the best staff we had since paul brown or rutigliano.

everyone needs to get over that instead of considering pissing on someone's grave. childish hate.

haters gonna hate. show me highlight reel of gronk's dirty plays throughout the years tour.

17 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Vigilantism is not a standard for civilization. This is part of why humanity is in the shitter.

Civilization ceases to exist as people believe that ends justify the means.

Referees not players regulate rule breaking. An intelligent man can calmly and succinctly make and win his case with the officials.

Football is violent and in many ways is spinning out of control.

What to you teach a kid? If the refs don't make things nice for you, you go ahead and bash Someone?

Godell has been cancer to the NFL. His selective judgements have created a sewer. Gronk  should be made an example of. The proper decision is to suspend him for the remainder of the season and for the first 4 games in 2018.

until you get kicked in ur doopa 10 times or stepped on with cleats blatantly 10x or someone in your family does, god forbid, how could you even think to say you know how someone else feels? you and i would be suiting up in black ninja clothes and steamrolling SUH leaving work in the dark.

do you know why hand to hand combatants stand facing each other in profile mode? do you know why the smart men sit with their backs to the wall knowing there might be assholes that can't control themselves? do you know why a 5'5" oriental man can get away with slamming teenagers faces into blue gym mats teaching us judo and akido with blood consequences, yet well accepted by parents who don't have time to care?

yeah, didn't think so.

get back to me when you know all firing positions of long rifles, how to gear up after nuke and save ur friends life, survive in the black forest for 6 months watching a cold war wall or just be a guy that stops someone from killing you with whatever but paying physical liabilities urself for the rest of ur life with scars and bone.

2 hours ago, miktoxic said:

wake the f.u.c.k. up and read my posts.......u read this and think i condone any violent acts? 

what is more disturbing is people like you that can't read, research or comprehend. thanks nancy pelosi! it's armageddon!!

meanwhile he's still in hospital. there's ur fake friggin news.

haters gonna hate. show me highlight reel of gronk's dirty plays throughout the years tour.

until you get kicked in ur doopa 10 times or stepped on with cleats blatantly 10x or someone in your family does, god forbid, how could you even think to say you know how someone else feels? you and i would be suiting up in black ninja clothes and steamrolling SUH leaving work in the dark.

do you know why hand to hand combatants stand facing each other in profile mode? do you know why the smart men sit with their backs to the wall knowing there might be assholes that can't control themselves? do you know why a 5'5" oriental man can get away with slamming teenagers faces into blue gym mats teaching us judo and akido with blood consequences, yet well accepted by parents who don't have time to care?

yeah, didn't think so.

get back to me when you know all firing positions of long rifles, how to gear up after nuke and save ur friends life, survive in the black forest for 6 months watching a cold war wall or just be a guy that stops someone from killing you with whatever but paying physical liabilities urself for the rest of ur life with scars and bone.

Mik, you have fallen off the deep end. Take your meds, and stop taking the NFL so seriously. Dealing with personal harassment, threats of violence and attacks is different than the garbage you are talking about. If, as you say, Gronks opponents were bullying him, and breaking the rules, there are cameras, officials, opposing coaches and the media to observe it.

You are without foundation on this. There is no sympathy appropriate for Gronk. If you want to watch vigilante football, go ahead, but you will sitting in a largely empty stadium and all those wonderful accoutrements that are funded by mass fan support will soon evaporate.

On 12/7/2017 at 5:28 AM, boo fagley said:

It was.

Browns fans used to be tough guys. Look at them on here crying with Ghoolie of all people acting as spokesperson for the grievance against humanity. 

He realized this was a black culture thing and decided he hated it. 

On 12/7/2017 at 6:02 AM, miktoxic said:

Exactly. I was expecting a wrestling move. This thing was tame.

Archived