THE BROWNS BOARD

Gronkowski assault

LondonBrown

13 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I’m interested to see the explanation by the NFL when they don’t suspend him for this. 

Let’s see how serious they are about head injuries when it comes to Mr Krafts team  

I just saw the pussy sucker punch this morning and totally agree.... we're about to find out just how much the NFL cares about its players' safety. 

Double or nothing?

Despite not having a "history" of behavior I can't see anything shy of a one game suspension for this inexcusable hit.

Appeal will be quick, and rejected, and suspension will be served this coming Monday in game vs. Fins. No way will Pats risk going into PTG game Gronkless.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Double or nothing?

Despite not having a "history" of behavior I can't see anything shy of a one game suspension for this inexcusable hit.

Appeal will be quick, and rejected, and suspension will be served this coming Monday in game vs. Fins. No way will Pats risk going into PTG game Gronkless.

Tom Brady will override the ruling and Goodell will be put him in his place if he tries to one-up the all-mighty Tom.

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

Tom Brady will override the ruling and Goodell will be put him in his place if he tries to one-up the all-mighty Tom.

Didn't Goodell suspend Tom?

3 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I’m interested to see the explanation by the NFL when they don’t suspend him for this. 

Let’s see how serious they are about head injuries when it comes to Mr Krafts team  

Took a bit, but was able to dig up the video- deliberate cheap shot. if Peppers got a $24k fine for an incidental hit, Gronk ought to get way more. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Suspension.    They will probably suspend him when they play the Steelers....because if there is one team the NFL favors more than the Patriots, it is the Squibs.

Let's hope not.  I hate the Steelers more than any team in the NFL.  So if the match up, I'll be a huge Pats fan.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

You have a habit of changing subjects under certain circumstances...

I meant they were going to go light on the Pats and the pats have a "you cant do that to me" attitude. The 1 game suspension is justified, but I would argue that's a light punishment. Hopefully New England doesn't appeal it.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I believe Gronk got a one game suspension.

If it happens this week it will be for the Dolphins game.  But he will probably appeal...be able to play in that game, then sit out Pittsburgh.

But.....Belichick may say to him:   we need you vs. Pitt.  We can beat Miami without you....so sit NOW!

44 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I meant they were going to go light on the Pats and the pats have a "you cant do that to me" attitude. The 1 game suspension is justified, but I would argue that's a light punishment. Hopefully New England doesn't appeal it.

One game for assault, got it.

If he was a Steeler, it would be reduced to one half after the appeal.

One game shows the NFL pays only lip service to player safety.   Two games to Crabtree and that was a straight up fight between two guys without the possibility of a spine injury.  

What Gronk did, dropping the people's elbow on the back of Whites head, could have Shmucking killed him.  You should be getting 4 games and a huge fine with that. 

edit:  And the Shmucking nerve to appeal is just insane. 

One game suspension? Are you out of your mind? This was not a dirty hit, this was criminal assault. If I was the Bills player I would get a good lawyer, file a police report and end the guy's career.

You guys are talking about head injury? Jesus, Joseph and Mary, are you fukcing people that dulled by talking heads, football speak, analytics and X's and O's that you can't ascertain WTF you are looking at?

This is no different that thugs playing the knockout game. Sorry, but that is more that an azzhole penalty, that is criminal assault disguised as football.

He should be banished from football, sued, and charged with felonious assault.

it goes to show the favoritism of refs and goodhell towards the teams that are making the most money

for the NFL.

NO excuse for that sick move by gronkcriminal. That was dangerous assault - lawsuit time. Should have been ejected

immediately.

23 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

i'm interested in why you didn't mention last night's game that had some of the most malicious hits ever caught on camera but are quick to point out a grownkoski hit to the back of a helmet with his elbow doing like 1 mph? it's like me hitting my brother in the shoulder with a feather.

Appeal will be dealy with this week... and dismissed.

Gronk will sit out Sunday's game and play vs. PTG... whose D was just further decimated by injury.

I think the O/U for the game is now in the 60's...

1 hour ago, miktoxic said:

it's like me hitting my brother in the shoulder with a feather.

Your brother concusses that easily?

16 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

One game shows the NFL pays only lip service to player safety.   Two games to Crabtree and that was a straight up fight between two guys without the possibility of a spine injury.  

What Gronk did, dropping the people's elbow on the back of Whites head, could have Shmucking killed him.  You should be getting 4 games and a huge fine with that. 

edit:  And the Shmucking nerve to appeal is just insane. 

I believe the Crabtree/ Talib suspensions were reduced to just one game.

Also...did Gronk appeal?

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I believe the Crabtree/ Talib suspensions were reduced to just one game.

Also...did Gronk appeal?

Yes.

Yes. Appeal was heard today.

Also today NFL handed down one-game suspensions to JuJu for his hithit on Burfect and Iloka for his helmet shot on Brown.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yes.

Yes. Appeal was heard today.

Also today NFL handed down one-game suspensions to JuJu for his hithit on Burfect and Iloka for his helmet shot on Brown.

The fact that you had to type a guys name that says JuJu......is just...what?  I can't think of a proper word for it.  Absurd, sad, hilarious, pathetic, outstanding...what?

Archived