Tacosman

How the hell can you go 1-27.....

man you can't even type in d.i.c.k. anymore without nancy pancy snowflake hurt my feelings auto-correctness? when did cleveland become lib hub of N. America? though san fran had that distinction?

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

This reminds me of that old saying "if you put a frog in boiling water then he'll jump right out, but if you put him in cold water and slowly heat it up to a boil, then he'll just sit there and boil to death".

If you knew about pro sports, yet knew nothing about the Browns, then you would wonder how the Hell the head coach was even still around to go 1-27....... Jump right out.

But since the Browns under JTC (Jimmy The Criminal) have been known to have a quick hook, then some of us are willing to go so far beyond historic levels of losing that it isn't even funny, just to prove that we are not the same team that makes rash decisions...... Sit there and boil to death.  

I smell boiled chicken................

most kids only learn about heat and electricity pain through parents watching them reach into the toaster. lick a wall outlet or grab at the blue flame of a gas stove while thinking to themselves....'watch this gladys. it'll be last the last time this happens.'

haslam must be made of titanium.

• Haha 1

yeah D Bone life was a lot different back in my day. i had the don draper dad. we lived (as kids) on a small 200 yard residential block with all families having like 3 kids so it was a free for all everyday. all the men got together and sat on porches or garages and drank their martinis and smoked their pipes as they bet on which one of us would fall of their schwinn and bust their teeth out that day.

note: there were no bike helmets back then....just blood and gristle.

6 hours ago, miktoxic said:

yeah D Bone life was a lot different back in my day. i had the don draper dad. we lived (as kids) on a small 200 yard residential block with all families having like 3 kids so it was a free for all everyday. all the men got together and sat on porches or garages and drank their martinis and smoked their pipes as they bet on which one of us would fall of their schwinn and bust their teeth out that day.

note: there were no bike helmets back then....just blood and gristle.

Schwinn? Boy did they spoil you or what? We got the Sears special of the day. Helped my older brother sell fresh donuts door to door every day so he could save enough for an "English Racer" 3 speed.:D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Schwinn? Boy did they spoil you or what? We got the Sears special of the day. Helped my older brother sell fresh donuts door to door every day so he could save enough for an "English Racer" 3 speed.:D

I had to settle for a second hand bike bought at a second hand store.  We were kind of poor.  My one older brother bought an 'English Racer' with money he made from a paper route.

You can't change the coach.  That's the same Sheet they do every two to three years. Give hue time. Change the gm maybe rumors of Peyton manning coming in.  Get a qb so the cry babies stop bitching fix the holes in the oline and add some other pieces.  It's not that they haven't been in games kizer keeps giving the ball away in the red zone he sucks.  He's really bad but you can't put Kessler in because he's not mobile and would die.  They have a number 1 now that Gordon's back and his presence will help Colman and the have a nice young te.  So relax there a few position from being good.  And at this point I know everyone says the fo is completely incompetent but maybe just maybe there pulling a Huston astros. Because it impossible to lose like they have without somewhat trying 

14 hours ago, D Bone said:

I can only hope that Tour, War and a few others are right, and the rest of us are proclaiming them 'The Greatest Browns Fans Ever' in a few years, otherwise..... man I don't even want to think about the otherwise. 

Thanks, but speaking for myself, it's really not a "fan-driven" view... just more of a foresight thing.

14 hours ago, Tacosman said:

huh?  Tour, War and a few others are right in that we will start getting a lot better.....

but thats just regression to the mean.  and the cyclic nature of the nfl. The front office and coaching could still suck and we're going to improve a lot. The fo and coaching can continue to suck and we will come across a good spell eventually.

I know its hard for browns fans to see, but this kind of year in year out regular sucking is not the norm in the nfl....and there isn't anything that is inherent in our organization that will mean it will continue.  We will be better.  Just how bad we've been over the last two years is a damning point towards the people in charge now though....

Ehhhhh.... true phenomenon that is not universally applicable.

Fits best when outcomes are purely the product of random chance or at least common cause variation. I see it applied often in the stock market for example where in the macro on broad indices like the S&P 500 and Russell 2000, or even sector composites, there is some validity, but that validity decreases greatly as the move to individual companies is made and special causes emerge. You can get real broke real fast looking for poor performing companies to revert to their mean. Common cause variation is a tough case to make for the post-'99 Browns.

14 hours ago, Tacosman said:

My point was that there is a more likely third way- that the current organization is indeed lacking but there will still be an upswing.  There almost has to be an upswing regardless.  How big and long lasting the upswing is(will we be 8-8?  will we make the playoffs?  for how many years?) is the question.....

But framing it as "if we get better then patience with the current organization paid off" is a stupid way of looking at it. I'm confident we will get a good bit better regardless.  Just because thats the way the nfl works.  

As for history, as I've said the browns are an anomaly....there is nothing that indicates they will continue to be and that means they will fluctuate like every other nfl team typically does...

Blind faith is stupid. I, and the others members of the "sunshine squad" are not blind... and neither are good statisticians. They would be able to use reversion to the mean to predict future records and duration... within confidence limits of course. But then they would also start from the point of a sound statistical analysis and not half-baked, misapplied generalities.

10 hours ago, wargograw said:

You get rid of almost every player over 28. You focus on building a roster that will be good 3-4 years down the road and beyond, not worried about the first couple years. You also put good players on IR that don't really need it (but we haven't talked about that here). Quit panicking.

Folks go with what they know...

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Blind faith is stupid. I, and the others members of the "sunshine squad" are not blind... and neither are good statisticians. They would be able to use reversion to the mean to predict future records and duration... within confidence limits of course. But then they would also start from the point of a sound statistical analysis and not half-baked, misapplied generalities.

PFF has Baker Mayfield as the top QB in the 2018 Draft with a 96.6 Grade. Doesn't that mean anything?

14 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

PFF has Baker Mayfield as the top QB in the 2018 Draft with a 96.6 Grade. Doesn't that mean anything?

Means he's a really good college QB on a really great team.

13 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Means he's a really good college QB on a really great team.

And arguably, statistically light years ahead of Rosen, and a better NFL ready pro QB.

Even in Rosen's game vs Texas A&M, they only gave him a 77.6 grade for the game.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pff-draft-watch-week-1-qb-overview

Steve Palazzolo: Rosen led one of the most incredible comebacks in college football history, but the tape wasn’t nearly as good as the credit he got in the aftermath. The comeback was fueled by two of the luckiest touchdowns you’ll see, including one that should have been a game-ending interception that snuck through a safety’s hands for a score. However, there were some positives, including Rosen’s toughness and his work at the intermediate level where he went 13-for-19 for 214 yards and an NFL passer rating of 141.1. Despite the hype, this game showed how much work Rosen still has to do before being locked in as a top prospect.

4 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

And arguably, statistically light years ahead of Rosen, and a better NFL ready pro QB.

Even in Rosen's game vs Texas A&M, they only gave him a 77.6 grade for the game.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pff-draft-watch-week-1-qb-overview

Steve Palazzolo: Rosen led one of the most incredible comebacks in college football history, but the tape wasn’t nearly as good as the credit he got in the aftermath. The comeback was fueled by two of the luckiest touchdowns you’ll see, including one that should have been a game-ending interception that snuck through a safety’s hands for a score. However, there were some positives, including Rosen’s toughness and his work at the intermediate level where he went 13-for-19 for 214 yards and an NFL passer rating of 141.1. Despite the hype, this game showed how much work Rosen still has to do before being locked in as a top prospect.

after JFF don't trust any big 12 QB and mayfield is exactly JFF v2.0 IMO. but i was wrong about other players......ain't getting sushi money.

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I had to settle for a second hand bike bought at a second hand store.  We were kind of poor.  My one older brother bought an 'English Racer' with money he made from a paper route.

we were flippin poor too but parents (while alive) tried and spoil us. scwinn, buster browns, pf flyers......jc penny and woolworths and a lollipop after getting your hair chopped off.

8 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I wrote a very similar assessment of the Rosen comeback game here at the time. What's your point?

Statistics? How do you separate the quality of the player from the quality of team from the quality of the competition using QB stats?

1 minute ago, miktoxic said:

we were flippin poor too but parents (while alive) tried and spoil us. scwinn, buster browns, pf flyers......jc penny and woolworths and a lollipop after getting your hair chopped off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Still amazed seeing kids on the bike path with those one speeds...   

But speaking of "speeds"- when I started doing serious bike riding back in the late '70s, the rear gear cluster was 5, then 6, 7, 8. My 5 year old custom painted Browns color Waterford has 9- and it's now getting hard to find replacement 9 speed parts. Here's my latest- it's up to 10, and that still isn't the end- by a long shot. They're selling 11 speed gear clusters now. I asked my bike mechanic Roger if that's the limit- & he said nope- Shimano is working on 12. Asked him why? "Because it's more than 11."  :)  Who in the hell needs that many gears? I suppose guys riding in the Tour appreciate the one tooth difference in cogs, but nobody I know rides that precise. While I'm at it- the manufacturers must think no one does loaded touring anymore, or there's old guys who need that 3rd granny gear for going up hills- because 3 speed cranks are going the way of the dinosaur too.  :(  

Image may contain: 1 person, bicycle

17 hours ago, Tacosman said:

i still think we will get  a win....you just dont go 0-16 after going 1-16.  the odds of being that bad are too high

we will lose a close one to the packers as they are still in the running for a wildcard even though they are slim to none.....the steelers will probably be playing fro home field so they will beat the Sheet out of the clowns once again...the ravens will probably still be in a wild card possibilty so they will beat the Sheet out of the clowns...now, the bears...they stinko but they are at home and we are el stinko on the road...a close one...maybe just maybe we win that one...that is the only shot....what a Shmucked up organization the cleveland shitstains are....

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

i have a schwinn varsity i bought in 1977...wonder if it is worth anything...used to live out in the sticks in eastern pa yrs ago...rode it alot...been living in atlanta now for over 30 yrs...no where to ride unless you want to get run over by the traffic...became an avid runner now for 30yrs...so the bike is in pretty good shape...guess i need to check out ebay...

i have a 'giant boulder se' hanging from my BR ceiling that i've prob ridden 5-6 times. have a great bike/jogger path right out side my window that goes from yonkers to albany. right overtop the original aqueduct system that brings water down from the fresh water reservoirs. not about biking for me. more about the other assholes who could give a flying f if you lived or died. the crossings from street to path are dangerous yet the millennials act as if there isn't anyone else in the world besides themselves.saw a dude hit and run/killed a baby deer the other day in a 2 lane race coming up the hill where i live. lady yelled at me for not 'scooping' my dog's Sheet up while i'm 50 yards in the woods where the deer, coyotes and other wildlife Sheet for free. what's riding worth if you have to stop every minute to watch some fag stretch in the middle of broadway while people roll their window down and shoot caps in the air?

i'm giving my legcentric bike away so i can just buy this lazy old man gear:

https://www.hsn.com/products/swagtron-swagcycle-folding-electric-bike/8549351

i know i'm cute BUT i can look 'super cute' with this Sheet.

19 hours ago, Tacosman said:

over two years in today's nfl?

that is *hard* to do.

It requires:

-bad luck

-bad coaching/game planning

-bad acquisitions/drafting

and then some more bad luck on top of that.

in today's nfl 1-27 just isnt supposed to happen.

All of the above.

13 hours ago, miktoxic said:

man you can't even type in d.i.c.k. anymore without nancy pancy snowflake hurt my feelings auto-correctness? when did cleveland become lib hub of N. America? though san fran had that distinction?

Just take solace that your status as a d.i.c.k. has not been superseded by  auto correctness or political correctness! :P

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Is that Marty Feldman on the right?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Is that Marty Feldman on the right?

nah...that's vinny from the original ray's pizza upper east side. lol.

looks like him. gene wilder in the pisser.

19 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

every 1-1.5 years, this same sht. Bring someone new in surely things will get better. And they don't. How many 1-2 yr coaching staffs do we have to go through before some of you clowns get it?

Until we get a group here that knows what the hell they are doing

it doesn’t take 3 years to win in the NFL 

Teams turn around every year. Except this team. Because they keep hiring to wrong people

If this regime stays they might go winless next year too