THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ L. A. Chargers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Kizer just blows. It's clear he's not the answer, yet again. He's had plenty of time and plenty of games and he makes the same awful mistakes over and over. 

Preaching to the Choir there guy....   

2 hours ago, Nero said:

OK, about the defense, it was frustrating but they managed to make some plays mainly in the redzone, when they have been terrible and have surrendered many points in that area the whole year. I get that they try to keep low the ''big play counter'' but we still allow many 10-15 yard plays. Anyway, thinking about it, any defense that keeps the rival under 20 points shouldn't be called off. I mean, Chargers have a good offense and we kept the score close, so for me, the blame goes to....

The offense. 

Kizer is terrible mostly in the endzone, we are completely out of ideas and don't execute even the simplest plays properly. And we still don't have many playmakers. Coleman didn't have a catch this game, just when we expected he would shine having a legit WR#1 in Gordon. 

Meanwhile, Gordon had 85 yards, in a game where Heyward was all over him, and Njoku had 74. 

We didn't run the ball, we didn't get many drives going... If we just ended in FG distance more times we could at least have more options. 

Hue doesn't get the most out of this offensive roster. 

Kizer is terrible period. 

2 hours ago, medicineman said:

They were not showing him any support, In fact from what I understand they were yelling and calling him names from the sidelines, Those kind of things hurt when it is you're own teammates 

If you suck, you suck. 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Coleman is worthless. WTF was he doing holding on that run by Johnson? Is he so stupid he thinks that won't be flagged or what?????????

Kizer can throw great throws here and there, but the underthrows, really bad overthrows, inaccurate throws..and worst of all, staring down his intended first option the entire time... just not going to work. I think he would make the same mistakes if he started two more years. It's who he is, how his mind is not wired to be a qb.

and the rolling out and just not -thinking- that the pursuit is surely going to catch up to him and knock the ball out of his hands...pitiful. Kizer is apparently a linear thinker - he can't see more than one thing at a time. I think he will be a very good backup for a long time maybe, but these Browns needf a real qb with a qb brain, a fs, a top shut down cb.

The defense doesn't work on pass plays. Stopping the giant plays, but letting shorter plays go wide open most of the gameis limiting the score, but still looking like our first two draft picks should be db's and a wr. and another db in the second round.

The Browns need a new qb who has a qb brain - wired to see the entire field. and playing so far off the los on defense, the db'sare just admitting defeat on a pass play. Preventing a quick TD is hardly a moral victory.

See above, If you can't figure out how to throw the ball away, well....  

1 hour ago, medicineman said:

I saw his highlight reel and I was impressed, I was not impressed by our so called kicker. All the long kicks I saw him make, nobody was really coming for him, there was in no way that he was under pressure to make the kick so I really was not happy we picked him. But he is what we have, I don't know if we have him next year or not. But I see a lot of players gone at season end, Britt, Higgins, Louis I am sure will all be gone, Gordon will be traded or will just walk, Coleman should be gone to

Sorry the Brown have Gordon's rights for another year. though I wouldn't' put it past the brainless trust to dump him for a low pick... 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Here's ^^ the starting point..OL is giving QB suffocate time to make plays..so many plays are sniffed out by design..or Kizer re-setting formation. Both Backs, have no blocking schemes in front of them. All solo stuff.After Gordon, our WR group have no solo ability to beat anybody & can't block downfield neither..'On the Bosa sack'... look at Seth Devalve on turn in & go in center of field..easy TD..     

couple sacks on Kizer- or Hue- seeing an edge rusher that was going to be blocked by no one...   

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/2/2017 at 6:50 PM, Clevfan4life said:

Hue better put a shock pad on the qb's nuts, whoever it is, that he can activate 3 sec's after every snap. Ive been pleasantly surprised by our o line, but this is gonna come from both sides. And come hard. 

so you give up ur hand waaaay too easy. obviously a OSU joe bosa fan. their D isn't even close to the jags and you say the chargers were gonna destroy kizer?

let me ask you this.....if given a choice (you in ur opinion) do you take bosa's little brother as our first pick or a QB like rosen?

just asking.

6 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

so coleman does suck (imo worse than hoorta hates kizer) but so does peepers and garrett yet i don't hear any bitching about them.

why?

If you haven't paid attention, I gave a full detailing of my not liking Peppers pre-draft and most of what was included in that has held true throughout this season.  

Garrett has had some production and has clearly not been healthy all season.   So I'm willing to give him some slack because as a rookie he's shown flashes of great ability.

What is thisvwe cant blame the fo for drafting coleman? They passed on wentz, goff.....and the kid from 3 hours south of cleveland that we saw today lodge his shaft in kizers rectum while whispering in his ear from behind how sweet he was gonna make this for deshone. 

Coleman is the typical "camp trade down" draft haul. That kid who had good college tape cause #itscollege, but every team with high picks took a pass cause they knew he  wasnt a true blue chip, hence the fall to the mid to late 1st round

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

If you haven't paid attention, I gave a full detailing of my not liking Peppers pre-draft and most of what was included in that has held true throughout this season.  

Garrett has had some production and has clearly not been healthy all season.   So I'm willing to give him some slack because as a rookie he's shown flashes of great ability.

Didn’t mean to point at u singularly... Garrett or peppers or anyone else would prob be pro bowlers on any other team.

it’s like we have some curse from football gods that will take an era to pay back.... don’t know about you but I am not immortal.

2 hours ago, miktoxic said:

Didn’t mean to point at u singularly... Garrett or peppers or anyone else would prob be pro bowlers on any other team.

it’s like we have some curse from football gods that will take an era to pay back.... don’t know about you but I am not immortal.

Just  lousy FO and a even worse coach. It takes a combination of the 2 in order to become the worst ever. And we are there now.

Thanks to not playing more than 6 games this season, this season doesn't count, and Browns will keep his rights through 2018 and 2019, and he'll become UFA in 2020. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think that is right.  I am not sure, but I think I heard the Browns have him for 2 more years. 

The Browns have Gordon's rookie contract for 2 more years.. I suspect if things go well.. They'll franchise him...

7 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Unless Josh pulls a Kyrie Irving, but I can’t see him doing that unless we fail to win 3 games next season

And I couldn't blame him , if he wanted to be someplace where a winning culture was established as well.. But then theres Joe Thomas.. So Who knows.. Time will tell. One way or another.

18 minutes ago, nickers said:

And I couldn't blame him , if he wanted to be someplace where a winning culture was established as well.. But then theres Joe Thomas.. So Who knows.. Time will tell. One way or another.

Is Josh Gordon really in a position to make demands such as that.......to the team that stuck by him for 3 years? 

The dude may be an addict....but do you think he is a complete ingrate?

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Is Josh Gordon really in a position to make demands such as that.......to the team that stuck by him for 3 years? 

No , He's really not.. But , people do things for whatever reason... I don't think he's anything other than a young man trying to find his way in life , not unlike any of us. As I posted earlier.. I don't think the kid is evil.. Stupid?.. Yeah.. One could say that...We all were stupid at one point in life...

First off... We seriously need to ban this bot thread-starter....

And sorry jiggins, but you've done no better. I'll give it a shot this week.

On 12/2/2017 at 7:03 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Hogan!

And yet somehow we still lost... back-ups just don't determine games like they used to...

On 12/2/2017 at 9:41 PM, Nero said:

Man, you are the hardest to understand around here, lol...

You get a decoder ring with your 1000th post.

23 hours ago, D Bone said:

Tour right on with his 1st play prediction..... 

Thanks, but not really.... CB was off so it should have been a bubble screen... ;) ... effin' Kizer messin' with my rep...

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He might not be in a position oeriod. No contending team right now wants him, no matter his upside. The kid himself isnt cancer from what i understand, but his habitual screw ups are. U get this stud of a wr thst u start molding ur offense around and wham he's out fir a year

Archived