Westside Steve

No quarterback for you!

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

MHO is most fans have already seen all they can stand of Kizer. Underthrew Gordon, overthrew Gordon (would have been a TD), tossed one in the dirt, got strip sacked from behind, another int. Yawn. I'd give Hogan another chance. 

Mark, sure Hogan looked terrible against the Texans, and has thrown horrible ints- but personally, I'm sick of seeing Kizer do the exact same crap week after week. If you want to talk stats- Kevin is better in completion %, TD\Int ratio, and his less prone to fumble the ball away. Makes faster decisions too. 

That's fine....He needs to get above Concussler on the depth chart before he will ever see the field again.   So what does that tell you?  Either Hue's decision making is even worse than some of us already think or the guy just isn't very good even in practice.   It doesn't matter to me which one of these shitty QB's play.   They all suck in their own personal, special ed kind of way.  Everyone with any rational thought can see that none of them are the answer which makes it that much more gay that we have a fagboy here comparing Hogan to Matt fucking Ryan. 

None of them should be starting an NFL game ever again.

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

How come it doesn't autocorrect for you?  You got special privileges or something?:P

Fuck you....Yes I fucking do.   :D

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Synopsis:  What this  says is that the Browns Shmucked up in like every aspect of the game, particularly coaching.

And the two primary player Shmuckups are:  A. Kizer can barely hit the broadside of a barn door...when he is not stupidly holding on to the ball and fumbling it.   B. Our LBs cannot cover a TE.   And they are forced to  Because the SS is playing 30 yards deep.

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Synopsis:  What this  says is that the Browns Shmucked up in like every aspect of the game, particularly coaching.

And the two primary player Shmuckups are:  A. Kizer can barely hit the broadside of a barn door...when he is not stupidly holding on to the ball and fumbling it.   B. Our LBs cannot cover a TE.   And they are forced to  Because the SS is playing 30 yards deep.

You are the defensive coordinator Gipper playing against the Browns. It's 1st and 10 Cleveland. What's your guess for the first play from scrimmage?

:lol:

WSS

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

You are the defensive coordinator Gipper playing against the Browns. It's 1st and 10 Cleveland. What's your guess for the first play from scrimmage?

:lol:

WSS

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

Bring back Clipboard Jesus

Hey! Pick a testament and stick to it!

14 hours ago, thomam3 said:

I learned it from watching you guys all these years ;)

lol... well... you've learned from the best then.

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

... personally, I'm sick of seeing Kizer do the exact same crap week after week.

Except he's not. This week he actually showed some very natural looking short touch.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Hey! Pick a testament and stick to it!

lol... well... you've learned from the best then.

Except he's not. This week he actually showed some very natural looking short touch.

I testify Kizer sucks Tour. Worst QBR of any NFL starter. LOL, very natural short touch into the grass....  As I've been saying all season, in general his accuracy stinks. Sure- one nice pass to Njoku, and Josh bails him out on a circus catch. Needs to improve 100% to even be considered mediocre, I doubt he'll ever get there. Stinks as bad as that other Notre Dame bust we drafted, Brady Quinn. The kid may put up a brave front- but he has to know he's toast. The emanations from Hue are it's Rosen-Darnold-or Mayfield come April 2018. You don't get a couple seasons of OTJ training anymore in the NFL, (it would be different if Deshone was a top 10 pick). Some people are leery of Big 12 QBs, any wonder why I'm the same with Notre Dame's run of Quinn, Clausen, and now Kizer?  

The SB Nation guy is preaching to the choir. 

"DeShone Kizer scuffled during several stretches on Sunday, completing just 15-of-32 passes under the sunny skies of LA. Kizer missed on a host of completable passes. Kizer has shown potential this season, but his lack of accuracy in the last few games is quite concerning. Even still, Kizer missed on some short throws that he should have completed.

Most notably, Kizer missed Josh Gordon on a few underneath throws. These were plays in which Gordon might have gained first downs and more by using his big body. ESPN’s Pat McManamon suggested that Josh Gordon might have gained 200 yards with more accurate passing.

Kizer needs to throw the ball more effectively, on a more consistent basis, particularly in the short passing game. Until his accuracy improves, we’ll see the same thing every week – a few promising throws and a majority of underwhelming ones.

The interception? Definitely Kizer’s fault. No one was open on that play. And worse, the pass came after a sack that Kizer never should have taken (EDIT: he's still having problems figuring out when to throw the ball away) with under two minutes to play.

Kizer’s two minute drill skills are underwhelming. Sure, the Browns were not going to win. But an inability to perform in the clutch does not bode well for the Browns if they ever manage to keep a game competitive in the fourth quarter."

Not much difference between Trubisky and Kiser at this point except what is expected from each.  Not not quite sure what people expect from a 21 year old rookie that plays for a team that is currently fifth in passes attempt through 12 weeks?

3 hours ago, cdl15 said:

Not much difference between Trubisky and Kiser at this point except what is expected from each.  Not not quite sure what people expect from a 21 year old rookie that plays for a team that is currently fifth in passes attempt through 12 weeks?

Neither Kizer or Trubisky should be starting at this point, they both have been put in positions to fail with their respective teams.

Whoever told either QB to leave early should be embarrassed with themselves and should apologize to the Kizer/Trubisky on bended knee.

And let me remind everyone again that the preseason means nothing, because both QBs flashed throughout their preseason games.

I think Hue is pissed off at Kevin for something. Maybe Hogan told Hue what we needed to do in order to be effective on offense. Hue took it personal and felt Hogan was telling him how to do his job. In college they used to say Hogan was like having an offensive coordinator on the field. Maybe Hogan was shut down because Hue knows all?

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

I think Hue is pissed off at Kevin for something. Maybe Hogan told Hue what we needed to do in order to be effective on offense. Hue took it personal and felt Hogan was telling him how to do his job. In college they used to say Hogan was like having an offensive coordinator on the field. Maybe Hogan was shut down because Hue knows all?

Nah Hue doesn't know all. Earth Movin' RG III, and "Just Trust me" Kessler. I'd find it hard to believe a HC would bench a QB that he knew was superior to (whoever) he's starting. 

7 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Or maybe in the one game he got a chance to show his stuff he totally blew it. 140 yards on 30-plus pass attempts averaging 3.8 yards per attempt. 3 of the worst interceptions we've seen this year for sacks totaling 30 yards and a fumble. Kevin Hogan was nothing more than a lower percentage play with high risk. I guess it sounds smart to say having an offense of coordinator on the field Ken Dorsey was an offense coordinator on the field. And surprisingly enough the results and noodle arm was just about the same. Hogan can't make 25% of the throws that Kiser can.

2 hours ago, cdl15 said:

Or maybe in the one game he got a chance to show his stuff he totally blew it. 140 yards on 30-plus pass attempts averaging 3.8 yards per attempt. 3 of the worst interceptions we've seen this year for sacks totaling 30 yards and a fumble. Kevin Hogan was nothing more than a lower percentage play with high risk. I guess it sounds smart to say having an offense of coordinator on the field Ken Dorsey was an offense coordinator on the field. And surprisingly enough the results and noodle arm was just about the same. Hogan can't make 25% of the throws that Kiser can.

Maybe but completely deactivating a guy seems a little bit harsh for having a crappy game. Moving him down the depth chart is all that's really necessary if that's the only problem.

WSS

Yeah deactivating was really odd. I mean Kizer has had quite a few bad games...... and only has 2 more TD passes then Hogan ;)

A friend of mine suggested they are keeping Kizer as the starter to audition him to other teams as a back-up. 

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

I testify Kizer sucks Tour. Worst QBR of any NFL starter. LOL, very natural short touch into the grass....  As I've been saying all season, in general his accuracy stinks. Sure- one nice pass to Njoku, and Josh bails him out on a circus catch. Needs to improve 100% to even be considered mediocre, I doubt he'll ever get there.

It is inarguable that Kizer has not improved throughout the season. He has, and both macro measures (QB Rating) and detailed observations testify to this. In other words he has raised his floor. That said:

• Is he good enough? Nope.
  • Can he become good enough? I think so, but I am not sure.
  • Can he become good enough fast enough? Also nope... that's why I've said we'll draft a QB #1 overall.

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It is inarguable that Kizer has not improved throughout the season. He has, and both macro measures (QB Rating) and detailed observations testify to this. In other words he has raised his floor. That said:

• Is he good enough? Nope.
  • Can he become good enough? I think so, but I am not sure.
  • Can he become good enough fast enough? Also nope... that's why I've said we'll draft a QB #1 overall.

OK Tour, I have to agree with you. Baby steps. Deshone has improved from Jamarcus Russell bad, to RG III bad. On a 1 to 10 scale, 1.5 to 3.5, (maybe a little higher on a good day).

I doubt anyone would argue he's not one of the primary reasons we're 0-12. Speaking of drafting a QB, look for my bowl gotta watch list, coming soon to a Board near you. :)