THE BROWNS BOARD

No quarterback for you!

Westside Steve

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

MHO is most fans have already seen all they can stand of Kizer. Underthrew Gordon, overthrew Gordon (would have been a TD), tossed one in the dirt, got strip sacked from behind, another int. Yawn. I'd give Hogan another chance. 

Mark, sure Hogan looked terrible against the Texans, and has thrown horrible ints- but personally, I'm sick of seeing Kizer do the exact same crap week after week. If you want to talk stats- Kevin is better in completion %, TD\Int ratio, and his less prone to fumble the ball away. Makes faster decisions too. 

sorry hoorta and PO and mark but what do you expect from rookie on a busted team?

everyone wanted Goff's head after watching him play what...2 games in his rookie season and now would suck jeff fisher's dork to have him on this squad.

where are your answers/solutions to the QB prob then.....Rosen? Darnold? now that's friggin hilarious. southern cal should worry about n. korea and wildfires and leave football to those who can out out in the snow snow in short shorts.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

sorry hoorta and PO and mark but what do you expect from rookie on a busted team?

everyone wanted Goff's head after watching him play what...2 games in his rookie season and now would suck jeff fisher's dork to have him on this squad.

where are your answers/solutions to the QB prob then.....Rosen? Darnold? now that's friggin hilarious. southern cal should worry about n. korea and wildfires and leave football to those who can out out in the snow snow in short shorts.

Something a few steps above horrendous Mik. He's playing behind our multi-million dollar O-line, and 1\2 the time he can't hit the broadside of a barn. Another turnover in the Red Zone is almost as sure as the sun coming up in the morning. To compare him to Goff? OK, Goff better TD\Int ratio, better QBR. 

FWIW, I saw plenty of Kizer at Notre Dame, and Rosen is so far ahead of Deshone on the college level- it's ridiculous. There's a reason Kizer was the 4th qb taken this spring- we went shopping the bargain bin again hoping we'd luck out. Snake eyes Mik. I called it before we drafted him. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Something a few steps above horrendous Mik. He's playing behind our multi-million dollar O-line, and 1\2 the time he can't hit the broadside of a barn. Another turnover in the Red Zone is almost as sure as the sun coming up in the morning. To compare him to Goff? OK, Goff better TD\Int ratio, better QBR. 

FWIW, I saw plenty of Kizer at Notre Dame, and Rosen is so far ahead of Deshone on the college level- it's ridiculous. There's a reason Kizer was the 4th qb taken this spring- we went shopping the bargain bin again hoping we'd luck out. Snake eyes Mik. I called it before we drafted him. 

yes you did sir. but i don't hate the player.....i hate the game.

too many years of passing on good<potentially great frnchise QBs and to settle for Rosen? what another 2 years for Hue or whoever else to sit and study a guy who's not even playing? another 5 year cycle of rebuilding? another bust?

our multi-million dollar OL can't block a punch or a kick and our running game and QB's rating proves that...........unless your saying every offensive weapon we have blows. when's the last time we had a 1k rusher.....touchdown tommy or the other white guy who is now out of football as well? where's OUR greg pruitt? OUR griffin? hell, OUR mack and byner?

which is it? i guarantee you if we could run the ball 30x a game kizer's #s would be better, but right now there is no running game safety net for him as given other rookies. who looked better last week, kizer or luck.......exactly.

51 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

yes you did sir. but i don't hate the player.....i hate the game.

too many years of passing on good<potentially great frnchise QBs and to settle for Rosen? what another 2 years for Hue or whoever else to sit and study a guy who's not even playing? another 5 year cycle of rebuilding? another bust?

our multi-million dollar OL can't block a punch or a kick and our running game and QB's rating proves that...........unless your saying every offensive weapon we have blows. when's the last time we had a 1k rusher.....touchdown tommy or the other white guy who is now out of football as well? where's OUR greg pruitt? OUR griffin? hell, OUR mack and byner?

which is it? i guarantee you if we could run the ball 30x a game kizer's #s would be better, but right now there is no running game safety net for him as given other rookies. who looked better last week, kizer or luck.......exactly.

Yup, plenty to hate the way the Browns are playing this year. 

Nah Mik you just get "your guy". I'd hardly call it "settling" for Rosen- or one of the other top QBs.  Dumb luck says we're overdue getting our stud QB. Yeah- we gifted the Eagles Wentz- they went from 7-9 to world beaters this year. You don't have to draft a RB with the #1 overall either. Even if we had a decent running game, Kizer still holds onto the ball too damn long- there's been plenty of times he's gotten adequate protection and he then proceeds to sail the ball a mile out of bounds, or ten yards over the receiver's head. I've said it before, once you get to the pro level, you're either accurate, or you're not. Rosen has more touch and accuracy than Kizer. You can hate on Mayfield all you want- but the guy is crazy accurate. 

This keeps up, Hue isn't going to be around for a couple more years. 

On 12/3/2017 at 8:27 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

There are several excellent RB's to be had this year, so I would use an early 2nd round pick. Stanford's Love, LSU's Guice, Georgia's Chubb or Michel (7.3 ypc). All are better backs than the Blind Crow. Get the QB and the BPA in the 1st round.

Yep, we're going to have an exciting new RB, and I believe our new rookie will immediately be an upgrade over Crow. Crow just doesn't have the elusiveness required to a consistent threat in the NFL. Especially on a team that has trouble passing the ball. You put Crow on a team like the Patriots or Falcons, and he'd be a very nice player. For a team like us, everyone knows when we're going to run it, and he gets stuffed way too often. 

Right now my favorite QB remains Rosen, but I'd be lying if I said Lamar didn't intrigue me. In fact, Lamar is skyrocketing up my wish list. The more I watch him, and the more I see him PASS the ball, I start to envision what he'd look like in the pros. Some people might compare him to Deshaun Watson (no, not because he's black)  and that would be a mistake because they are immensely different. Watson is a good athlete, but Lamar is a stupid amazing athlete. Watson played 4 years and is a more developed passer. Watson is also regarded as one of the best human beings in earth (not saying Lamar isn't a great guy, I just haven't heard about his maturity). 

Lamar strikes me as the guy that GM's will be too scared to draft, and then regret it for the next 10 years. From the film I've watched, Lamar has multiple concerns passing the ball as you'd expect. He tends to have a very narrow stance before throwing, and then RIGHT before he Socks his arm he'll widen his stance to generate balance and power. It's wasted movement and something he can easily work on. He also doesn't do it EVERY time either. Lamar can throw to just about any part of the field, and I LOVE how he attacks the middle. He throws extremely accurate seam passes, slants, and crosses. He also has the ability to take something off his passes and he doesn't ALWAYS throw bullets. He has a gorgeous deep ball down the sidelines and allows his receivers to run underneath it most of the time. 

Lamar has plenty of concerns, and I don't need to list them all. He also has some aspects of his game that I haven't ever seen before. Similar in some ways to Vick, but different in others. My biggest concern with Lamar is the injury factor. I'd be scared to death that he'd hurt while making a spectacular play. He's pretty good at running out of bounds, but he also likes to run in the middle, and also likes to get the extra yards. I just have this vision of loving his play, his ability, his leadership....and then during the 3rd game of the year...BOOM. Torn ACL. 

6 hours ago, miktoxic said:

Kaaya. Trade crow and barnidge right now for him.

You want the Browns to trade a player who is a free agent after the season ends and a player that is no longer on the roster.

Even for you, this is impressive.

15 hours ago, Mark O said:

Triblowski might actually have worse stats than Kizer...but its basically dog Sheet vs. horse Sheet at this point.   Kinda like comparing the 3 QB's we have.   Dog Sheet, horse Sheet, and donkey Sheet.   Doesn't matter which one...its all Sheet.

You stole that from me!!!  :angry:

15 hours ago, Mark O said:

Sheet...Sheet and more Sheet.   When he's released in the offseason are you going to go be a fan of that team?   Not since the JFF fagboys around here have we had such ridiculous blind loyalty to a below average QB.

How come it doesn't autocorrect for you?  You got special privileges or something?:P

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

MHO is most fans have already seen all they can stand of Kizer. Underthrew Gordon, overthrew Gordon (would have been a TD), tossed one in the dirt, got strip sacked from behind, another int. Yawn. I'd give Hogan another chance. 

Mark, sure Hogan looked terrible against the Texans, and has thrown horrible ints- but personally, I'm sick of seeing Kizer do the exact same crap week after week. If you want to talk stats- Kevin is better in completion %, TD\Int ratio, and his less prone to fumble the ball away. Makes faster decisions too. 

That's fine....He needs to get above Concussler on the depth chart before he will ever see the field again.   So what does that tell you?  Either Hue's decision making is even worse than some of us already think or the guy just isn't very good even in practice.   It doesn't matter to me which one of these shitty QB's play.   They all suck in their own personal, special ed kind of way.  Everyone with any rational thought can see that none of them are the answer which makes it that much more gay that we have a fagboy here comparing Hogan to Matt fucking Ryan. 

None of them should be starting an NFL game ever again.

9 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Synopsis:  What this  says is that the Browns Shmucked up in like every aspect of the game, particularly coaching.

And the two primary player Shmuckups are:  A. Kizer can barely hit the broadside of a barn door...when he is not stupidly holding on to the ball and fumbling it.   B. Our LBs cannot cover a TE.   And they are forced to  Because the SS is playing 30 yards deep.

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Synopsis:  What this  says is that the Browns Shmucked up in like every aspect of the game, particularly coaching.

And the two primary player Shmuckups are:  A. Kizer can barely hit the broadside of a barn door...when he is not stupidly holding on to the ball and fumbling it.   B. Our LBs cannot cover a TE.   And they are forced to  Because the SS is playing 30 yards deep.

You are the defensive coordinator Gipper playing against the Browns. It's 1st and 10 Cleveland. What's your guess for the first play from scrimmage?

:lol:

WSS

16 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

Bring back Clipboard Jesus

Hey! Pick a testament and stick to it!

14 hours ago, thomam3 said:

I learned it from watching you guys all these years ;)

lol... well... you've learned from the best then.

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

... personally, I'm sick of seeing Kizer do the exact same crap week after week.

Except he's not. This week he actually showed some very natural looking short touch.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Hey! Pick a testament and stick to it!

lol... well... you've learned from the best then.

Except he's not. This week he actually showed some very natural looking short touch.

I testify Kizer sucks Tour. Worst QBR of any NFL starter. LOL, very natural short touch into the grass....  As I've been saying all season, in general his accuracy stinks. Sure- one nice pass to Njoku, and Josh bails him out on a circus catch. Needs to improve 100% to even be considered mediocre, I doubt he'll ever get there. Stinks as bad as that other Notre Dame bust we drafted, Brady Quinn. The kid may put up a brave front- but he has to know he's toast. The emanations from Hue are it's Rosen-Darnold-or Mayfield come April 2018. You don't get a couple seasons of OTJ training anymore in the NFL, (it would be different if Deshone was a top 10 pick). Some people are leery of Big 12 QBs, any wonder why I'm the same with Notre Dame's run of Quinn, Clausen, and now Kizer?  

The SB Nation guy is preaching to the choir. 

"DeShone Kizer scuffled during several stretches on Sunday, completing just 15-of-32 passes under the sunny skies of LA. Kizer missed on a host of completable passes. Kizer has shown potential this season, but his lack of accuracy in the last few games is quite concerning. Even still, Kizer missed on some short throws that he should have completed.

Most notably, Kizer missed Josh Gordon on a few underneath throws. These were plays in which Gordon might have gained first downs and more by using his big body. ESPN’s Pat McManamon suggested that Josh Gordon might have gained 200 yards with more accurate passing.

Kizer needs to throw the ball more effectively, on a more consistent basis, particularly in the short passing game. Until his accuracy improves, we’ll see the same thing every week – a few promising throws and a majority of underwhelming ones.

The interception? Definitely Kizer’s fault. No one was open on that play. And worse, the pass came after a sack that Kizer never should have taken (EDIT: he's still having problems figuring out when to throw the ball away) with under two minutes to play.

Kizer’s two minute drill skills are underwhelming. Sure, the Browns were not going to win. But an inability to perform in the clutch does not bode well for the Browns if they ever manage to keep a game competitive in the fourth quarter."

Not much difference between Trubisky and Kiser at this point except what is expected from each.  Not not quite sure what people expect from a 21 year old rookie that plays for a team that is currently fifth in passes attempt through 12 weeks?

3 hours ago, cdl15 said:

Not much difference between Trubisky and Kiser at this point except what is expected from each.  Not not quite sure what people expect from a 21 year old rookie that plays for a team that is currently fifth in passes attempt through 12 weeks?

Neither Kizer or Trubisky should be starting at this point, they both have been put in positions to fail with their respective teams.

Whoever told either QB to leave early should be embarrassed with themselves and should apologize to the Kizer/Trubisky on bended knee.

And let me remind everyone again that the preseason means nothing, because both QBs flashed throughout their preseason games.

I think Hue is pissed off at Kevin for something. Maybe Hogan told Hue what we needed to do in order to be effective on offense. Hue took it personal and felt Hogan was telling him how to do his job. In college they used to say Hogan was like having an offensive coordinator on the field. Maybe Hogan was shut down because Hue knows all?

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

I think Hue is pissed off at Kevin for something. Maybe Hogan told Hue what we needed to do in order to be effective on offense. Hue took it personal and felt Hogan was telling him how to do his job. In college they used to say Hogan was like having an offensive coordinator on the field. Maybe Hogan was shut down because Hue knows all?

Nah Hue doesn't know all. Earth Movin' RG III, and "Just Trust me" Kessler. I'd find it hard to believe a HC would bench a QB that he knew was superior to (whoever) he's starting. 

7 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Or maybe in the one game he got a chance to show his stuff he totally blew it. 140 yards on 30-plus pass attempts averaging 3.8 yards per attempt. 3 of the worst interceptions we've seen this year for sacks totaling 30 yards and a fumble. Kevin Hogan was nothing more than a lower percentage play with high risk. I guess it sounds smart to say having an offense of coordinator on the field Ken Dorsey was an offense coordinator on the field. And surprisingly enough the results and noodle arm was just about the same. Hogan can't make 25% of the throws that Kiser can.

2 hours ago, cdl15 said:

Or maybe in the one game he got a chance to show his stuff he totally blew it. 140 yards on 30-plus pass attempts averaging 3.8 yards per attempt. 3 of the worst interceptions we've seen this year for sacks totaling 30 yards and a fumble. Kevin Hogan was nothing more than a lower percentage play with high risk. I guess it sounds smart to say having an offense of coordinator on the field Ken Dorsey was an offense coordinator on the field. And surprisingly enough the results and noodle arm was just about the same. Hogan can't make 25% of the throws that Kiser can.

Maybe but completely deactivating a guy seems a little bit harsh for having a crappy game. Moving him down the depth chart is all that's really necessary if that's the only problem.

WSS

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

I testify Kizer sucks Tour. Worst QBR of any NFL starter. LOL, very natural short touch into the grass....  As I've been saying all season, in general his accuracy stinks. Sure- one nice pass to Njoku, and Josh bails him out on a circus catch. Needs to improve 100% to even be considered mediocre, I doubt he'll ever get there.

It is inarguable that Kizer has not improved throughout the season. He has, and both macro measures (QB Rating) and detailed observations testify to this. In other words he has raised his floor. That said:

• Is he good enough? Nope.
  • Can he become good enough? I think so, but I am not sure.
  • Can he become good enough fast enough? Also nope... that's why I've said we'll draft a QB #1 overall.

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It is inarguable that Kizer has not improved throughout the season. He has, and both macro measures (QB Rating) and detailed observations testify to this. In other words he has raised his floor. That said:

• Is he good enough? Nope.
  • Can he become good enough? I think so, but I am not sure.
  • Can he become good enough fast enough? Also nope... that's why I've said we'll draft a QB #1 overall.

OK Tour, I have to agree with you. Baby steps. Deshone has improved from Jamarcus Russell bad, to RG III bad. On a 1 to 10 scale, 1.5 to 3.5, (maybe a little higher on a good day).

I doubt anyone would argue he's not one of the primary reasons we're 0-12. Speaking of drafting a QB, look for my bowl gotta watch list, coming soon to a Board near you. :)

Archived