Jump to content
Westside Steve

No quarterback for you!

Recommended Posts

Rashaad Penny,  Ronald Jones,  Josh Adams.... 

Barkley seems very overrated.  He's disappeared on half his games.  Compared to zeke,  who dominated all the time,  it's not even close.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SD_Tom said:

Rashaad Penny,  Ronald Jones,  Josh Adams.... 

Barkley seems very overrated.  He's disappeared on half his games.  Compared to zeke,  who dominated all the time,  it's not even close.  

I agree. In the NFL you first have to get free before you can use that speed. Zeke has the ability to first get free. Barkley not so much against good defenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that the Brat Nazi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Are you ok with the insane amount of money it is going to take to get Cousins - a good but not great QB - if he even would consider coming to Cleveland?

I mean, the amount of money he would cost vs the price of taking a QB with the #1 pick is staggering. Yes, the Browns have a ton of cap space, but is Cousins good enough to justify the amount of the cap he'll eat up in the future?

I would be more than just okay with paying Cousins whatever he wants to play for us... problem is, why would he want to come to the Browns??

2017 NFL Passing Ranks for Cousins:

2nd in yards / 4th in TDs / 7th in QB rating / 6th in Comp % / 6th in YPA 

"Good but not great"...?

Top 6? Top 7? Certainly Top 10...

Ill take him at ANY price... he's earned a huge contract AND he plays with a major chip on his shoulder... give me that guy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Is Hogan getting his noodle arm replaced by a legitimate NFL arm in the offseason in your scenario PoG?

Hogan once again inactive this week.   The guy who has been inactive nearly every week this season is going to lead a top 5 offense next season.     :blink::lol:    I got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you if you actually believe this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, D Bone said:

If the Browns sign Cousins then this mock might make more sense, otherwise...... 

WTF is the fascination with Cousins?

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Hogan once again inactive this week.   The guy who has been inactive nearly every week this season is going to lead a top 5 offense next season.:lol: 

  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WTF is the fascination with Cousins?

WSS

The fascination is he would help us win more than 1 phucking game every 2 phucking years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

WTF is the fascination with Cousins?

WSS

Maybe bc he's playing like a top 5 QB in the league...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, D Bone said:

The fascination is he would help us win more than 1 phucking game every 2 phucking years. 

You don't know that. It might be 1 game every 3 phukking years

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, thenew23 said:

Maybe bc he's playing like a top 5 QB in the league...

Yeah the Redskins are just a little bit better than the Giants.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WTF is the fascination with Cousins?

WSS

Cousins is a known commodity and plays fairly well. I don't think there is enough money to make him want to come here but it would be nice. The top pick could be spent on trying to give weapons to the QB. Would be a nice change of pace compared to constantly searching for even a serviceable QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's funny how other teams try different QB's to win if they're constantly losing. Even Eli Manning gets benched, but the Browns ride Kizer out till week 17, even if we know he's not ready, and he's 21 years old. Tanking much? Yes we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I think it's funny how other teams try different QB's to win if they're constantly losing. Even Eli Manning gets benched, but the Browns ride Kizer out till week 17, even if we know he's not ready, and he's 21 years old. Tanking much? Yes we are.

We don't have any on the team that is better.  We've all seen what concussler can do.  He's horrible and clearly, Hue hates Carl Hogan so much that he's still inactive behind Concussler and not that Hogan showed much of anything in his one start, except to a certain fanboy here who saw the 2nd coming of Matt Ryan in all those rainbow passes and ints.  He's the best we have on the roster at this point.   Got to ride him out and draft one early next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2017 at 5:26 PM, PoeticG said:

And then at the top of the 2nd round, take a shot at Mayfield and train him up. Teach him to be pro, keep the intensity but channel that into respectable fire.

Fuk dude how many mire projects do we need to draft before ur dumbass realizes that sht doesnt work in clev? Hmm? How many more rookie qb's that never coached up right do i have to watch start opening day and then sht the bed for the next 1-2 years? When u shop at the dollar store u get wut u pay for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mark O said:

We don't have any on the team that is better.  We've all seen what concussler can do.  He's horrible and clearly, Hue hates Carl Hogan so much that he's still inactive behind Concussler and not that Hogan showed much of anything in his one start, except to a certain fanboy here who saw the 2nd coming of Matt Ryan in all those rainbow passes and ints.  He's the best we have on the roster at this point.   Got to ride him out and draft one early next season.

We didn't even attempt to get any quarterback better than a 21 year old rookie that has so far comprised one of the worst statistical rookie seasons of all time? Kizer is making Case Keenum seem like John Elway and Josh McCown seem like Brett Favre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

We didn't even attempt to get any quarterback better than a 21 year old rookie that has so far comprised one of the worst statistical rookie seasons of all time? Kizer is making Case Keenum seem like John Elway and Josh McCown seem like Brett Favre.

Exactly.  That's where the mistake was made.   Everyone I heard or read leading up to the draft said that Kizer wasn't ready to start but he could be good after some seasoning.    Not having a better option than Kizer was the mistake.   Whether it was thinking that Kessler could be as ok as he was last year or thinking that Cockwhistler would actually be decent, either way it was a huge error in judgement and helped to sink the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Exactly.  That's where the mistake was made.   Everyone I heard or read leading up to the draft said that Kizer wasn't ready to start but he could be good after some seasoning.    Not having a better option than Kizer was the mistake.   Whether it was thinking that Kessler could be as ok as he was last year or thinking that Sockwhistler would actually be decent, either way it was a huge error in judgement and helped to sink the season.

It wasn't a mistake dude. As inept as our FO has been at times, they definitely aren't stupid. They did it to tank for the #1 pick. They figured, hey if it works out, this Kizer guy is a bargain. And hey, if he doesn't work out, we get sick draft capital. Who cares what the fans think if we lose all the games, we're confident enough we'll draft right next year and get a franchise QB. Sashi is so overconfident, that he doesn't realize if his tanking and picking a QB doesn't work out, or if the QB is a bust next year, then the browns will be set back another good five years.

And as far as the moneyball comparison goes (and please people don't say their isn't one, because there definitely is), Then I could FOR SURE see Hue asking for a better QB and getting denied, and the FO telling Hue he had to start Kizer and play Kizer. And Hue just being a frustrated yes man for losing, and going above the FO to Jimmy and complaining, in turn causing Jimmy to second guess the whole analytical approach afterwards.

Look at what Mike Lombardi says here on TV. I know most of you hate the guy, but I find his take on our approach interesting.

The weirdest take of all of this, is the fact that I don't think ANY of us fans think it's even a remote possibility that A ) Sashi and the FO might just be bad at being a FO. B ) Hue might just be a bad head coach...... and finally C ) They are both in turn bad at their jobs, and thus is why we are 1-27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2017 at 3:12 PM, Westside Steve said:

These guys think the quarterback Nazi is in Cleveland. What do you think boys? Kizer had a stink free game, or at least a little less stinky.

Is that enough for Sashi?

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/12/2018_nfl_mock_draft_saquon_barkley_no_1_to_browns.html

WSS

Sometimes I think these guys do Mock drafts based on what they want:   e.g.  this guy may be a Giants fan....so he says...I want Rosen for the Giants, ergo....I will have the Browns pass on Rosen in my mock...even if I think that Rosen is the best choice and that the Browns should take him...because I want him for MY teaml.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2017 at 4:56 PM, PoeticG said:

Wow, this is exactly what I called for a few weeks ago. 

Barkley and Ridley. 

Barkley, Duke, Njoku, DeValve, Gordon, Coleman, Ridley and Hogan. Top 5 Offense in the NFL.

Who would play Quarterback..  None of these guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2017 at 7:15 PM, The User from Cleveland said:

You know full well that Crazy Kev doesn't have a noodle arm. It just happens to be windy whenever he plays.

 

Kind of like Pig Pen...or whomever from the Peanuts cartoons....he always had a cloud hanging over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mark O said:

Hogan once again inactive this week.   The guy who has been inactive nearly every week this season is going to lead a top 5 offense next season.     :blink::lol:    I got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you if you actually believe this.

Only question though......could we seriously be worse off with Hogan starting?  Or Kessler?  Really?  I don't know if doing something like this could be a wake up call for Kizer to stop making all the completely boneheaded plays that he makes...or not.  Not sure that he would get it under any circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Only question though......could we seriously be worse off with Hogan starting?  Or Kessler?  Really?  I don't know if doing something like this could be a wake up call for Kizer to stop making all the completely boneheaded plays that he makes...or not.  Not sure that he would get it under any circumstances.

No reason to believe the guy is just slacking off. I'm sure he's trying his best and is just confounded by the speed have a complex city of the big leagues. One would expect that from any room.

But you expected from the other two guys as well. Who will grow faster with experience? No way to tell.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Only question though......could we seriously be worse off with Hogan starting?  Or Kessler?  Really?  I don't know if doing something like this could be a wake up call for Kizer to stop making all the completely boneheaded plays that he makes...or not.  Not sure that he would get it under any circumstances.

Well...we tried that and we were like like 3000 to 3 at halftime against the Texans....so yeah, I'd say we would be worse off.    Kesser....just stop it.   We've seen him in relief and he can't even get a pass off before being sacked beause he's staring at the pass rush instead of looking for receivers.

None of these 3 are any good.  Kizer sucks the least out of the 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×