THE BROWNS BOARD

No quarterback for you!

Westside Steve

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Is Hogan getting his noodle arm replaced by a legitimate NFL arm in the offseason in your scenario PoG?

Hogan once again inactive this week.   The guy who has been inactive nearly every week this season is going to lead a top 5 offense next season.     :blink::lol:    I got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you if you actually believe this.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Hogan once again inactive this week.   The guy who has been inactive nearly every week this season is going to lead a top 5 offense next season.:lol: 

32 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WTF is the fascination with Cousins?

WSS

The fascination is he would help us win more than 1 phucking game every 2 phucking years. 

18 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WTF is the fascination with Cousins?

WSS

Cousins is a known commodity and plays fairly well. I don't think there is enough money to make him want to come here but it would be nice. The top pick could be spent on trying to give weapons to the QB. Would be a nice change of pace compared to constantly searching for even a serviceable QB.

15 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I think it's funny how other teams try different QB's to win if they're constantly losing. Even Eli Manning gets benched, but the Browns ride Kizer out till week 17, even if we know he's not ready, and he's 21 years old. Tanking much? Yes we are.

We don't have any on the team that is better.  We've all seen what concussler can do.  He's horrible and clearly, Hue hates Carl Hogan so much that he's still inactive behind Concussler and not that Hogan showed much of anything in his one start, except to a certain fanboy here who saw the 2nd coming of Matt Ryan in all those rainbow passes and ints.  He's the best we have on the roster at this point.   Got to ride him out and draft one early next season.

On 12/2/2017 at 5:26 PM, PoeticG said:

And then at the top of the 2nd round, take a shot at Mayfield and train him up. Teach him to be pro, keep the intensity but channel that into respectable fire.

Fuk dude how many mire projects do we need to draft before ur dumbass realizes that sht doesnt work in clev? Hmm? How many more rookie qb's that never coached up right do i have to watch start opening day and then sht the bed for the next 1-2 years? When u shop at the dollar store u get wut u pay for

25 minutes ago, Mark O said:

We don't have any on the team that is better.  We've all seen what concussler can do.  He's horrible and clearly, Hue hates Carl Hogan so much that he's still inactive behind Concussler and not that Hogan showed much of anything in his one start, except to a certain fanboy here who saw the 2nd coming of Matt Ryan in all those rainbow passes and ints.  He's the best we have on the roster at this point.   Got to ride him out and draft one early next season.

We didn't even attempt to get any quarterback better than a 21 year old rookie that has so far comprised one of the worst statistical rookie seasons of all time? Kizer is making Case Keenum seem like John Elway and Josh McCown seem like Brett Favre.

3 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

We didn't even attempt to get any quarterback better than a 21 year old rookie that has so far comprised one of the worst statistical rookie seasons of all time? Kizer is making Case Keenum seem like John Elway and Josh McCown seem like Brett Favre.

Exactly.  That's where the mistake was made.   Everyone I heard or read leading up to the draft said that Kizer wasn't ready to start but he could be good after some seasoning.    Not having a better option than Kizer was the mistake.   Whether it was thinking that Kessler could be as ok as he was last year or thinking that Cockwhistler would actually be decent, either way it was a huge error in judgement and helped to sink the season.

11 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Exactly.  That's where the mistake was made.   Everyone I heard or read leading up to the draft said that Kizer wasn't ready to start but he could be good after some seasoning.    Not having a better option than Kizer was the mistake.   Whether it was thinking that Kessler could be as ok as he was last year or thinking that Sockwhistler would actually be decent, either way it was a huge error in judgement and helped to sink the season.

It wasn't a mistake dude. As inept as our FO has been at times, they definitely aren't stupid. They did it to tank for the #1 pick. They figured, hey if it works out, this Kizer guy is a bargain. And hey, if he doesn't work out, we get sick draft capital. Who cares what the fans think if we lose all the games, we're confident enough we'll draft right next year and get a franchise QB. Sashi is so overconfident, that he doesn't realize if his tanking and picking a QB doesn't work out, or if the QB is a bust next year, then the browns will be set back another good five years.

And as far as the moneyball comparison goes (and please people don't say their isn't one, because there definitely is), Then I could FOR SURE see Hue asking for a better QB and getting denied, and the FO telling Hue he had to start Kizer and play Kizer. And Hue just being a frustrated yes man for losing, and going above the FO to Jimmy and complaining, in turn causing Jimmy to second guess the whole analytical approach afterwards.

Look at what Mike Lombardi says here on TV. I know most of you hate the guy, but I find his take on our approach interesting.

The weirdest take of all of this, is the fact that I don't think ANY of us fans think it's even a remote possibility that A ) Sashi and the FO might just be bad at being a FO. B ) Hue might just be a bad head coach...... and finally C ) They are both in turn bad at their jobs, and thus is why we are 1-27

On 12/2/2017 at 3:12 PM, Westside Steve said:

These guys think the quarterback Nazi is in Cleveland. What do you think boys? Kizer had a stink free game, or at least a little less stinky.

Is that enough for Sashi?

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/12/2018_nfl_mock_draft_saquon_barkley_no_1_to_browns.html

WSS

Sometimes I think these guys do Mock drafts based on what they want:   e.g.  this guy may be a Giants fan....so he says...I want Rosen for the Giants, ergo....I will have the Browns pass on Rosen in my mock...even if I think that Rosen is the best choice and that the Browns should take him...because I want him for MY teaml.

On 12/2/2017 at 7:15 PM, The User from Cleveland said:

You know full well that Crazy Kev doesn't have a noodle arm. It just happens to be windy whenever he plays.

Kind of like Pig Pen...or whomever from the Peanuts cartoons....he always had a cloud hanging over him.

23 hours ago, Mark O said:

Hogan once again inactive this week.   The guy who has been inactive nearly every week this season is going to lead a top 5 offense next season.     :blink::lol:    I got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you if you actually believe this.

Only question though......could we seriously be worse off with Hogan starting?  Or Kessler?  Really?  I don't know if doing something like this could be a wake up call for Kizer to stop making all the completely boneheaded plays that he makes...or not.  Not sure that he would get it under any circumstances.

27 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Only question though......could we seriously be worse off with Hogan starting?  Or Kessler?  Really?  I don't know if doing something like this could be a wake up call for Kizer to stop making all the completely boneheaded plays that he makes...or not.  Not sure that he would get it under any circumstances.

No reason to believe the guy is just slacking off. I'm sure he's trying his best and is just confounded by the speed have a complex city of the big leagues. One would expect that from any room.

But you expected from the other two guys as well. Who will grow faster with experience? No way to tell.

WSS

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well...we tried that and we were like like 3000 to 3 at halftime against the Texans....so yeah, I'd say we would be worse off.    Kesser....just stop it.   We've seen him in relief and he can't even get a pass off before being sacked beause he's staring at the pass rush instead of looking for receivers.

None of these 3 are any good.  Kizer sucks the least out of the 3.

6 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I think it's funny how other teams try different QB's to win if they're constantly losing. Even Eli Manning gets benched, but the Browns ride Kizer out till week 17, even if we know he's not ready, and he's 21 years old. Tanking much? Yes we are.

The alternatives are Cody Kessler and Kevin Hogan.

You are tanking if you trot any of those three guys out.

You guys are wrong about Hogan. On his passes that you didn't like- the kid was HIT WHILE throwing the ball, or he didn't set his feet, that's caused by lack of experience. That is not from a lack of arm talent. You don't need the fastest arm in the game to win. You just have to play correctly, that's all. Hogan's one start, he forced it. Probably felt that at 0-4 or 0-5 it was on him to elevate the team. He didn't play that bad, but it went south just before halftime. He stayed in and played the rest of the game. It was much closer the second half, to be fair he didn't have much to work with... not even Britt. 

With Gordon, Coleman, Britt and Njoku out there. He could light it up. 

Hogan is a leader and he was ready to lead these guys to victory... but Hue pulled the carpet out from under him. He pumped him up to second string, promoted him to starter, complimented his leadership and work ethic- even his arm, then ditched him. That was Shmucked up. 

When this team wants to win, they'll go back to Hogan. He's the answer to getting this win. 

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Well...we tried that and we were like like 3000 to 3 at halftime against the Texans....so yeah, I'd say we would be worse off.    Kesser....just stop it.   We've seen him in relief and he can't even get a pass off before being sacked beause he's staring at the pass rush instead of looking for receivers.

None of these 3 are any good.  Kizer sucks the least out of the 3.

OK.....    Draft another, bring in a veteran.   That is the only prudent course of action that I see.  Kessler can hang on the roster until the cuts are to be made.

Fair to say?

37 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

You guys are wrong about Hogan. On his passes that you didn't like- the kid was HIT WHILE throwing the ball, or he didn't set his feet, that's caused by lack of experience. That is not from a lack of arm talent. You don't need the fastest arm in the game to win. You just have to play correctly, that's all. Hogan's one start, he forced it. Probably felt that at 0-4 or 0-5 it was on him to elevate the team. He didn't play that bad, but it went south just before halftime. He stayed in and played the rest of the game. It was much closer the second half, to be fair he didn't have much to work with... not even Britt. 

With Gordon, Coleman, Britt and Njoku out there. He could light it up. 

Hogan is a leader and he was ready to lead these guys to victory... but Hue pulled the carpet out from under him. He pumped him up to second string, promoted him to starter, complimented his leadership and work ethic- even his arm, then ditched him. That was Shmucked up. 

When this team wants to win, they'll go back to Hogan. He's the answer to getting this win. 

The only thing he is the answer to is:   Who is the father of the baby that PoG has borne?

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The only thing he is the answer to is:   Who is the father of the baby that PoG has borne?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSH_8nowwuE

There it is for you.   Total panic in the pocket...scrambled out and forced a throw into triple coverage.   Funny how you never seem to mention this play....I wonder why that is?    Kizer sucks...Hogan sucks...and Kessler sucks...they're all bad and they all can go swim in Lake Erie with Hue at the end of the season.

Archived