Jump to content
Westside Steve

No quarterback for you!

Recommended Posts

It was less sticky.. it was pedestrian in My view.. not god awful.. but not really good.. Workman like..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:44 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

How old is Kizer?

Maybe he shouldn't be starting right now - a Gary Danielson type would be helpful - but he could become a stellar NFL QB.

I believe too much is being expected of him - especially with a team that rivals the expansion Buccaneers for futility.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually if he does turn out not to suck Canal water I guess a blue-chip running back and receiver could be two nice weapons.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

These guys think the quarterback Nazi is in Cleveland. What do you think boys? Kizer had a stink free game, or at least a little less stinky.

Is that enough for Sashi?

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/12/2018_nfl_mock_draft_saquon_barkley_no_1_to_browns.html

WSS

LOL yeah i bet all Giants fan hope the Browns go that route

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

These guys think the quarterback Nazi is in Cleveland. What do you think boys? Kizer had a stink free game, or at least a little less stinky.

Is that enough for Sashi?

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/12/2018_nfl_mock_draft_saquon_barkley_no_1_to_browns.html

WSS

If the Browns sign Cousins then this mock might make more sense, otherwise...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

These guys think the quarterback Nazi is in Cleveland. What do you think boys? Kizer had a stink free game, or at least a little less stinky.

Is that enough for Sashi?

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/12/2018_nfl_mock_draft_saquon_barkley_no_1_to_browns.html

Nope... but I could see how a writer in NJ would hope that's the case.

3. Giants: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

7. Jets: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, this is exactly what I called for a few weeks ago. 

Barkley and Ridley. 

Barkley, Duke, Njoku, DeValve, Gordon, Coleman, Ridley and Hogan. Top 5 Offense in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, D Bone said:

If the Browns sign Cousins then this mock might make more sense, otherwise...... 

Are you ok with the insane amount of money it is going to take to get Cousins - a good but not great QB - if he even would consider coming to Cleveland?

I mean, the amount of money he would cost vs the price of taking a QB with the #1 pick is staggering. Yes, the Browns have a ton of cap space, but is Cousins good enough to justify the amount of the cap he'll eat up in the future?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Wow, this is exactly what I called for a few weeks ago. 

Barkley and Ridley. 

Barkley, Duke, Njoku, DeValve, Gordon, Coleman, Ridley and Hogan. Top 5 Offense in the NFL.

Is Hogan getting his noodle arm replaced by a legitimate NFL arm in the offseason in your scenario PoG?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Are you ok with the insane amount of money it is going to take to get Cousins - a good but not great QB - if he even would consider coming to Cleveland?

I mean, the amount of money he would cost vs the price of taking a QB with the #1 pick is staggering. Yes, the Browns have a ton of cap space, but is Cousins good enough to justify the amount of the cap he'll eat up in the future?

I'm so tired of the Browns shopping at the Good Will for their next QB of the future, that I really wouldn't care. I can't remember just how many years its been that we've heard "the Browns are XYZ million below the salary cap" and that coupled with the historic amount of loses has me wanting a guy that has proven he can play at a high level in the NFL, rather than just the next future ex-rookie Browns QB bust.

Another rook QB at #1 next year all but seals next year's 3-13 fate...... and I just don't have another 365 days in me. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, D Bone said:

I'm so tired of the Browns shopping at the Good Will for their next QB of the future, that I really wouldn't care. I can't remember just how many years its been that we've heard "the Browns are XYZ million below the salary cap" and that coupled with the historic amount of loses has me wanting a guy that has proven he can play at a high level in the NFL, rather than another future ex-rookie Browns QB bust.

Another rook QB at #1 next year all but seals next year's 3-13 fate...... and I just don't have another 365 days in me. 

I agree with you but no way do I see Cousins coming to the Browns even if we offered him the most.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I'm so tired of the Browns shopping at the Good Will for their next QB of the future, that I really wouldn't care. I can't remember just how many years its been that we've heard "the Browns are XYZ million below the salary cap" and that coupled with the historic amount of loses has me wanting a guy that has proven he can play at a high level in the NFL, rather than just the next future ex-rookie Browns QB bust.

Another rook QB at #1 next year all but seals next year's 3-13 fate...... and I just don't have another 365 days in me. 

Fair enough... To be honest it's really not fair to ask that question without even knowing who will be around come next offseason to attempt to get someone like Cousinsor to draft someone at #1.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And then at the top of the 2nd round, take a shot at Mayfield and train him up. Teach him to be pro, keep the intensity but channel that into respectable fire.

 

Go Kizer, Hogan and Mayfield and "let" the cream rise to the top.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Is Hogan getting his noodle arm replaced by a legitimate NFL arm in the offseason in your scenario PoG?

You know full well that Crazy Kev doesn't have a noodle arm. It just happens to be windy whenever he plays.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Fair enough... To be honest it's really not fair to ask that question without even knowing who will be around come next offseason to attempt to get someone like Cousinsor to draft someone at #1.

Man, it seems like a lifetime ago that we beat the Bungles on Thursday night to go 7-3 with Hoyer just playing 'adequately'...... Then the wheels were yanked off by Johnny and Jimmy. 

Our defense is beginning to look 'adequate' and if we can get a professional level play designer / caller as well as a veteran (not old) QB to play at just a B level performance, then Sheet, we may just be on to something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Wow, this is exactly what I called for a few weeks ago. 

Barkley and Ridley. 

Barkley, Duke, Njoku, DeValve, Gordon, Coleman, Ridley and Hogan. Top 5 Offense in the NFL.

Oh yeah maybe the best RB & WR duo I could live with that. -OR- dare we think it trade the #1 or #8ish picks and still get great picks plus a servicible QB later....can't have enough picks :lol:

Hell I can't even think what I want for Christmas yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Go Kizer, Hogan and Mayfield and "let" the cream rise to the top.

Does anyone remember the Friends episode where Joey keeps using air quotes wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barkley that early-No-not impressed. I'd rather steal Georgia's Chubb in round 2. He actually waits for his line to open the holes and has the vision to find them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Does anyone remember the Friends episode where Joey keeps using air quotes wrong?

Friends? Wasn't that a "chick" show? :wub:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

These guys think the quarterback Nazi is in Cleveland. What do you think boys? Kizer had a stink free game, or at least a little less stinky.

Is that enough for Sashi?

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/12/2018_nfl_mock_draft_saquon_barkley_no_1_to_browns.html

WSS

No, and hell no Steve. You takie the QBOTF first Kizer ain't it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChicopeeJohn said:

<<How old is Kizer?>>

11. Once he gets pubic hair we will be able to tell if he is going to be any good. This is what a rebuild looks like.

<<Maybe he shouldn't be starting right now - a Gary Danielson type would be helpful - but he could become a stellar NFL QB.>>

Nobody on the Browns team should be starting.

I believe too much is being expected of him - especially with a team that rivals the expansion Buccaneers for futility.

Yeah, I feel sorry for him. He is being asked to perform in the field he has chosen. That really sucks for him.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Friends? Wasn't that a "chick" show? :wub:

Sorry, I was actually born this after WWII... :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't see any way we draft a RB first overall guys. I admit I loved Saquon early in the year, but the guy simply has too many games where he gets bottled up, ya know? I'm more in favor of Darrius Guice from LSU right now. Not sure where he's slated, but I imagine somewhere in the 1st. He looks completely legit to me. 

The biggest thing I DO love about Saquon is his homerun potential, and we NEED that on our team. Somebody who can take a routine play and turn it into a spectacular event. Think about explosive plays in the NFL. You see them every week in the highlights, right? But when are they EVER made by someone on OUR team? Almost never, and it hurts our offense and it hurts Kizer. He never gets the benefit of someone making an extraordinary play and putting 7 on the board. I can think of that ONE touchdown run by Duke, and that's about it. I mean seriously...what's our longest scoring play of the year? Saquon might be able to provide THAT kind of spark, and that's the biggest reason I could see drafting him at 1, but again, I still don't see it happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are several excellent RB's to be had this year, so I would use an early 2nd round pick. Stanford's Love, LSU's Guice, Georgia's Chubb or Michel (7.3 ypc). All are better backs than the Blind Crow. Get the QB and the BPA in the 1st round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×