Sign in to follow this  
Axe

So, Jimbo gets $75 Million

9 hours ago, wargograw said:

That won't fix anything. The schools will still pay what they're paying now over and above whatever this "salary" is. 

But for the player that feels they just need something, maybe to help their family back home, it could. 0 vs $100k is different than $50k vs $150k

We've already had to turn recruits away for academics. Putting an end to the bagmen would be great

18 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yeah and some people who sneak money they collect for charity and church collections will just all voluntarily stop too.;)

.......a problem that goes back decades or maybe centuries all over the world. I was the pinic chairman for 5 years at a rather large lodge I used to belong to years back, I was shocked at the petty pilfering that went on, oh after over 75 years it finally folded.

When your cheating is highly likely to be found out and will actually cost your program, yeah I think it might stop. It's the best idea around at least. 

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

But for the player that feels they just need something, maybe to help their family back home, it could. 0 vs $100k is different than $50k vs $150k

We've already had to turn recruits away for academics. Putting an end to the bagmen would be great

This idea of the kid who just needs a little something is a myth. They want as much as possible. All of them [that have their hand out].

On 12/28/2017 at 1:55 AM, wargograw said:

When your cheating is highly likely to be found out and will actually cost your program, yeah I think it might stop. It's the best idea around at least. 

This idea of the kid who just needs a little something is a myth. They want as much as possible. All of them [that have their hand out].

My old high school chemistry teacher had it right "when given the chance it's been proven that students will cheat 9 times out of 8"...... ol' Rip Randell, cool guy.