Jump to content
jcam222

Josh Gordon stats vs Chargers

Josh Gordon return game stats   

25 members have voted

  1. 1. Receiving yards vs Chargers

    • 50 or less
      8
    • 51 to 75
      9
    • 76 to 100
      3
    • >100
      6
  2. 2. Number of TD's

    • 0
      14
    • 1
      7
    • 2
      2
    • Over 2
      3


Recommended Posts

How about the best game for a WR this year? He's gonna be big, bad and mad as hell at them DBs trying to step to him! lol 

record setting game

Offensive player of the week

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordon is so good even the Kitanic couldn't Shmuck it up. Think about it, Gordon lit it up with Weeden and Campbell throwing him the rock... if Kizer isn't better than a 40 year old baseball pitcher or a washed up veteran, maybe we should go in a different direction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Results are greatly indicative of our fanbase. Either miserable downers or completely delusional (<50 and >100 are the two leading answers). I put 50-75. I think he'll have 64. 0 TDs.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wargograw said:

Results are greatly indicative of our fanbase. Either miserable downers or completely delusional (<50 and >100 are the two leading answers). I put 50-75. I think he'll have 64. 0 TDs.

You forgot 'way too early talkers' ;) By the time I write the leading answer is 50-75.

I put 1 TD but I see it far from happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bolts haven't given up 70 yards to a WR since week 5. Haven't given up a passing td to WR in past 5-6 games. Bosa and Ingram will destroy Kizer. 

Gordon will be lucky to have 30 yards on 4 catches. And he'll probably be targeted 46 times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 games to get a clearer picture of who Kizer is after Jags & Bengals. And what Gordon could bring to this offense. Hue has developed Kizer like a good camper by letting Kizer throw the ball all over the lot. Don't Quit now..Get Gordon 7-10 targets. Excited to see if Gordon still has that "excuse me" off the line explosion. Runs the right routes with power & speed, ending in attacking the football and not the lazy Josh giving up on some targets.(big picture of 5).Britt & Coats needed a oxygen mask after sideline bombs..Put a :) on a :( on the roster Gordo & have some Long Awaited Clean fun playing football Flash..   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll probably zig when he was supposed to zag causing an INT or two.  He can't be ready to play in games....in just a couple of weeks...after being out for a couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going with the over on this one.... with mostly garbage stats.  My guess is that we get behind early and Hue abandons the running game to go "Hero Ball" to Gordon most of the second half.  Garbage yards with a potential big play breakdown by the Chargers accompanied with 2-3 INT by Kizer.  Just have a feeling with Hue... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

5 games to get a clearer picture of who Kizer is after Jags & Bengals. And what Gordon could bring to this offense. Hue has developed Kizer like a good camper by letting Kizer throw the ball all over the lot. Don't Quit now..Get Gordon 7-10 targets. Excited to see if Gordon still has that "excuse me" off the line explosion. Runs the right routes with power & speed, ending in attacking the football and not the lazy Josh giving up on some targets.(big picture of 5).Britt & Coats needed a oxygen mask after sideline bombs..Put a :) on a :( on the roster Gordo & have some Long Awaited Clean fun playing football Flash..   

 

I can already tell you Gordon still has the "excuse me" explosion...I've seen it in videos the past two weeks.  Reporters at practiced have essentially said the same thing, and virtually all of them said he looks like a different breed the moment he steps on the field.  I kept hearing "He just looks different".  Gordon does a good job of getting off press coverage, something our receivers have really struggled with besides Coleman (who hasn't played much).  Gordon obviously shines going deep, but what he truly excels at is the intermediate zone.  People respect his deep ability so much that he tends to get a cushion.  Unfortunately, Kizer and Gordon haven't had a ton of time to get their timing right on routes like back-shoulder, fades, and slants, but Gordon has a developed route tree and will be able to get open if...IF...Kizer has time.  That's a big if considering Bosa and Ingram are just impossible.  

Let me state the obvious issues with this game.  The Chargers don't have to blitz to get pressure, and they get a TON of it.  Very similar to Jacksonville, which tormented us, they drop 7 and rush 4 most of the time, and they are EXTREMELY successful with this method.  It's something we can only dream of doing, as evidenced by our continuous blitzing and subsequent torchings.  Kizer won't have much time to throw, the windows will be infinitely smaller with 7 back there, and it's the reason why the Bolts have given up only 4 passing touchdowns since week 5, and have a staggering 12 PICKS.  Just think about those numbers for a second.  

I'm not sure what the spread is, but I would GUESS it's the biggest of the season...and rightfully so.  It's on the west coast, we're 0-11, and the Bolts basically have the Jags' defense with a killer offense.  For those of you who like to bet, I'd put a nice chunk of change on the Chargers to cover.  Easily.  Our only hope is "The Perfect Game".  The game where we get the deflection for a pick-6, we get a punt return, the blown coverage TD bomb, the muffed punt recovery, and any other miracle plays you can think of that we never get.  

Oh, and much has been made about Josh Gordon, and rightfully so, but watch Corey Coleman this week.  I could FEEL the pain from his dropped TD last week, and it was so awful.  For our team and him personally.  It destroyed him.  With so much attention being paid to Josh AND the Chargers starting Defensive Back maybe not playing (his brother tragically died in a car accident Wednesday), I could see Coleman having himself a very nice game.  Mainly because we'll be down a lot of points and we'll go to him in garbage time.  If you have Coleman on your fantasy team, start him.  In fact, I'd start him over Gordon if you have both.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

... watch Corey Coleman this week. 

Agree... and as I did earlier I'll even mention Britt who finally ventured into the middle of the field last game. As a true #3 WR he has upside. And add a note to not forget our TEs.

Gordon? I went >50 and 1 TD consciously tempering my expectations, but this will be the most complete receiving corps we've put on a field in years.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wargograw said:

Results are greatly indicative of our fanbase. Either miserable downers or completely delusional (<50 and >100 are the two leading answers). I put 50-75. I think he'll have 64. 0 TDs.

I actually agree with war completely. I put Gordon on 55-74 yds. Crowell and Duke will both have good games I think since the chargers rush defense is so bad. some screens and outs to duke will result in moving the chain, and the D might key in on Gordon, but Crow and Duke make for great sleepers in draftkings this week. Expect one of them to get a TD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I actually agree with war completely. I put Gordon on 55-74 yds. Crowell and Duke will both have good games I think since the chargers rush defense is so bad. some screens and outs to duke will result in moving the chain, and the D might key in on Gordon, but Crow and Duke make for great sleepers in draftkings this week. Expect one of them to get a TD.

 

I just heard that Vegas has Gordon at over/under 39 yards (I think that's what I heard).  To me, I'd be ALL over that bet (of course, this is what Vegas WANTS you to think, but whatever).  I just see us getting our butts completely whooped this game, and Gordon getting 30 yards in the last 2-3 drives of the 4th quarter when the game is completely out of control.  I mean, that's two slants to Gordon, right?  Never mind we don't like to RUN slants, and Kizer actually is TERRIBLE at throwing them, but I digress...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

 

I just heard that Vegas has Gordon at over/under 39 yards (I think that's what I heard).  To me, I'd be ALL over that bet (of course, this is what Vegas WANTS you to think, but whatever).  I just see us getting our butts completely whooped this game, and Gordon getting 30 yards in the last 2-3 drives of the 4th quarter when the game is completely out of control.  I mean, that's two slants to Gordon, right?  Never mind we don't like to RUN slants, and Kizer actually is TERRIBLE at throwing them, but I digress...

I think we'll be competitive. Probably take the lead early or play with fire then make a few mistakes like normal.

I'd be worried about their WR's.... Keenan Allen is no joke and underrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I actually agree with war completely. I put Gordon on 55-74 yds. Crowell and Duke will both have good games I think since the chargers rush defense is so bad. some screens and outs to duke will result in moving the chain, and the D might key in on Gordon, but Crow and Duke make for great sleepers in draftkings this week. Expect one of them to get a TD.

I agree with you on DraftKings. I'm all over Crow especially @$4100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I agree with you on DraftKings. I'm all over Crow especially @$4100

I played him last week and he got me 10 points. Against the worst defense with Gordon back in Warm weather expect him or duke to explode. I actually thought about starting BOTH of them since hardly anyone will do that, and if our rushing game is on again, a VERY low percentage of people would've done that.

For QB, I'm thinking Jimmy G against the bears. It's risky, but he's cheap bro, and I can't start Phillip Rivers against us....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our only chance if winning is pounding the ball up the middle. Ingram and bosa keep solid edges but up the middle they have issues cause their lb'er play. I thought they had landed a stud in perryman but he must not be doing well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, wargograw said:

Results are greatly indicative of our fanbase. Either miserable downers or completely delusional (<50 and >100 are the two leading answers). I put 50-75. I think he'll have 64. 0 TDs.

I won't even bother.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And when gordon doesnt play well, for obvious reasons such as 

1) time away

2) he was a reknowned loafer when the play wasnt coming toward him (and that was before his suspensions)

 

is it gonna be "hues fault"?  Omg omg omg gordon had a bad game cause #blackfester!!

im calling this now. Gotdon has a lackluster game cause him and kizer arent on the same page and it'll be all hues fault on monday. Not the kid thats been out of the league for 2-3 years with suspensions that happened while already on suspension. Callin it. Who wants in on this action?9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 grabs, 47 yards. One nice quick pass gets some YAC, but you just don't come back from that long and beast mode.

What I do expect is a nice day for Corey Coleman however. Gordon will get all the attention, and I could see Coleman getting a couple nice 1v1 routes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree... and as I did earlier I'll even mention Britt who finally ventured into the middle of the field last game. As a true #3 WR he has upside. And add a note to not forget our TEs.

Gordon? I went >50 and 1 TD consciously tempering my expectations, but this will be the most complete receiving corps we've put on a field in years.

 

I really don't see Gordon scoring a TD.  For that to happen we'd need a well-thrown ball, protection, and execution.  I DID like what I saw from Britt, though.  However, the fact remains that the Chargers have a killer defense, and it's going to be Jacksonville Game Part 2.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I played him last week and he got me 10 points. Against the worst defense with Gordon back in Warm weather expect him or duke to explode. I actually thought about starting BOTH of them since hardly anyone will do that, and if our rushing game is on again, a VERY low percentage of people would've done that.

For QB, I'm thinking Jimmy G against the bears. It's risky, but he's cheap bro, and I can't start Phillip Rivers against us....

Our Offense will has been decent all season.  But against the Chargers, they will be in Kizer's face most of the game.  He won't even  have time to get his passes off.  Now if we design quick passes, we might offset that D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honest answer here. I would be thrilled with 4 catches for 50-60 yards. First game in 3ish years? Let the guy ease in a bit. Honestly one 100 yard game and not slip ups off the field this season and I would call that a big win. 

I think what Josh will do for us this season is he will take more pressure off who is currently out there. I expect to eventually see Coleman get more targets, I expect to see Njoku get more targets, I expect our running game to open up more. Those are the things Josh can do for us right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Harry Buffalo said:

Honest answer here. I would be thrilled with 4 catches for 50-60 yards. First game in 3ish years? Let the guy ease in a bit. Honestly one 100 yard game and not slip ups off the field this season and I would call that a big win. 

I think what Josh will do for us this season is he will take more pressure off who is currently out there. I expect to eventually see Coleman get more targets, I expect to see Njoku get more targets, I expect our running game to open up more. Those are the things Josh can do for us right now. 

Having a WR who can blow the top off defenses can do wonders for slot receivers who thrive underneath, and TEs who can get down the seams.

Color me intrigued for Sunday's game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×