1. 1. Receiving yards vs Chargers

• 50 or less
    • 51 to 75
    • 76 to 100
    • >100
  2. 2. Number of TD's

• Over 2

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I really don't see Gordon scoring a TD.  For that to happen we'd need a well-thrown ball, protection, and execution.  I DID like what I saw from Britt, though.  However, the fact remains that the Chargers have a killer defense, and it's going to be Jacksonville Game Part 2.  

Don't forget he was wrecking the league with WEEDEN throwing the ball 

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Having a WR who can blow the top off defenses can do wonders for slot receivers who thrive underneath, and TEs who can get down the seams.

Color me intrigued for Sunday's game.

Exactly! Today it seemed like the Browns went and elevated to DEFCON 2! Josh Gordon - Activated... 

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Exactly! Today it seemed like the Browns went and elevated to DEFCON 2! Josh Gordon - Activated... 

Now if they can just deactivate Hue, we're is bidness as they say.:P

As previously stated, the Chargers may be without their probowl corner due to a family death, but I'm betting he plays. Sometimes it's better to get to work during crisis so you get a couple hours away from the pain, but we'll see. Regardless, I just read an article (linked below)  that got me all fired up...no matter how much I keep telling myself we're going to get destroyed and Josh hasn't played in years. 

I think what many fans don't realize is just how good a route runner Josh is, and it's rare to have his physical gifts AND that route prowess. He's not just someone who's big and fast, he understands balance, leverage, timing, and other subtle nuances of the game. But again, I don't believe many people fully understand the amazing stats of the Chargers' defense, so even IF Josh can get open, it's likely not to matter all that much. The windows will be small, Kizer won't have time, and regardless of how good Josh is, the WR position is probably the MOST dependent position on the field. WRs are dependent on virtually every other position, so getting open and being available to the qb is a very small part of the equation. 

As many of us have said, I see Josh blowing up in garbage time. That's all fine and good, but I HOPE he can make a play early when the game is somewhat close. And it better be early because this game is going to get ugly QUICKLY. 

Chargers - 37

Browns - 17

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/12/josh_gordons_teammates_hoping.html

11 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Don't forget he was wrecking the league with WEEDEN throwing the ball 

You're not wrong. However, also don't forget that Weeden DID throw a FEW routes extremely well, and Josh was the beneficiary. In fact, Weeden had a couple of starts that Kizer could only dream of. I flew to Dallas for one such game. We lost only because of the refs. They called about 9 questionable pass interference and defensive holding penalties, and also blew a fumble dead in overtime that we recovered for a TD. They weren't going to let us win. Regardless, my point is that Weeden was bad, but he did a few things right (sometimes). Same with Jason Campbell. 

• Upvote 1

True... both Wheezy and Campbell had arms that were difficult to outrun.

20 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I really don't see Gordon scoring a TD.  For that to happen we'd need a well-thrown ball, protection, and execution.

For a deep ball, yes, but for a fade or a quick slant or even a quick bubble run from inside the 10, at least the protection requirement is minimized.

Couple quick thoughts on Josh...

1. There's in shape and then there's game shape. Early energy simply waned... very noticeable in the 2nd half.
  2. The hands... they are still there. Saw that on the first play and a couple other times.
  3. Speed is still there, but it alone is not enough.
  4. The strength... check... even late in the long catch and run it was apparent.
  5. The 50/50 ball fight... I did not see it. However, many of the best opportunities to flash it were in the 2nd half... see #1.

Bottom line... a lot to look forward to in the remaining weeks.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Couple quick thoughts on Josh...

1. There's in shape and then there's game shape. Early energy simply waned... very noticeable in the 2nd half.
  2. The hands... they are still there. Saw that on the first play and a couple other times.
  3. Speed is still there, but it alone is not enough.
  4. The strength... check... even late in the long catch and run it was apparent.
  5. The 50/50 ball fight... I did not see it. However, many of the best opportunities to flash it were in the 2nd half... see #1.

Bottom line... a lot to look forward to in the remaining weeks.

Josh looked solid still

15 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Josh looked solid still

Josh looked like he could start on a playoff team

Being gone literally 3 years and playing like he did today is astounding. Seriously how many receivers could do that? If Kizer had any touch at all Flash would have had well over 100 yards and 2TD. 

• Upvote 1

He came, they covered him with the #1 CB*, and still he made 85 yards on 4 catches (21,25 yards per catch). 

And taking the #1 CB of the other team is huge, because it allows other receivers to make plays, though we didn't seize the opportunity too much today (Coleman had 0 catches). 

It's going to be great to see what does he have the remaining 4 games. 

*EDIT: Hayward is currently ranked #1 CB in the entire league by PFF. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/30/2017 at 11:47 PM, PoeticG said:

Gordon is so good even the Kitanic couldn't Shmuck it up. Think about it, Gordon lit it up with Weeden and Campbell throwing him the rock... if Kizer isn't better than a 40 year old baseball pitcher or a washed up veteran, maybe we should go in a different direction. 

Um, yes, the Kizanic sure could. Overthrowing passes, taking sacks when he's outside the box (at least twice by my count). The last int was truly a thing of beauty (not that it mattered much). throwing into double coverage 10 yards short. Just special, I tell ya. 

Buy your wet suit now Hue. you're going to need it. 

I think this might be interesting to you...

On 12/1/2017 at 7:53 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Gordon won't do Sheet.  

Well.. He did pretty damn good I say ,considering we have no QB's on the roster...

Honestly, Gordon could have EASILY had over 100 yards and a TD if Kizer didn't suck the pickle. I was honestly pretty impressed with what I saw out there despite the road blocks.

On 12/7/2017 at 8:16 AM, Nero said:

I think this might be interesting to you...

Wooooh, baby! I didn't get to watch the game Sunday. Kid's on fire already. I'm excited.

FTR, Hayward said this covering Flash was the toughest task he had all year. Go look up the receivers he's played. Pretty impressive.