25 members have voted

1. 1. Receiving yards vs Chargers

• 50 or less
    • 51 to 75
    • 76 to 100
    • >100
  2. 2. Number of TD's

• Over 2

How about the best game for a WR this year? He's gonna be big, bad and mad as hell at them DBs trying to step to him! lol 

record setting game

Offensive player of the week

Gordon is so good even the Kitanic couldn't Shmuck it up. Think about it, Gordon lit it up with Weeden and Campbell throwing him the rock... if Kizer isn't better than a 40 year old baseball pitcher or a washed up veteran, maybe we should go in a different direction. 

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

Results are greatly indicative of our fanbase. Either miserable downers or completely delusional (<50 and >100 are the two leading answers). I put 50-75. I think he'll have 64. 0 TDs.

You forgot 'way too early talkers' ;) By the time I write the leading answer is 50-75.

I put 1 TD but I see it far from happening.

The Bolts haven't given up 70 yards to a WR since week 5. Haven't given up a passing td to WR in past 5-6 games. Bosa and Ingram will destroy Kizer. 

Gordon will be lucky to have 30 yards on 4 catches. And he'll probably be targeted 46 times. 

5 games to get a clearer picture of who Kizer is after Jags & Bengals. And what Gordon could bring to this offense. Hue has developed Kizer like a good camper by letting Kizer throw the ball all over the lot. Don't Quit now..Get Gordon 7-10 targets. Excited to see if Gordon still has that "excuse me" off the line explosion. Runs the right routes with power & speed, ending in attacking the football and not the lazy Josh giving up on some targets.(big picture of 5).Britt & Coats needed a oxygen mask after sideline bombs..Put a :) on a :( on the roster Gordo & have some Long Awaited Clean fun playing football Flash..   

He'll probably zig when he was supposed to zag causing an INT or two.  He can't be ready to play in games....in just a couple of weeks...after being out for a couple of years.

I am going with the over on this one.... with mostly garbage stats.  My guess is that we get behind early and Hue abandons the running game to go "Hero Ball" to Gordon most of the second half.  Garbage yards with a potential big play breakdown by the Chargers accompanied with 2-3 INT by Kizer.  Just have a feeling with Hue... 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

5 games to get a clearer picture of who Kizer is after Jags & Bengals. And what Gordon could bring to this offense. Hue has developed Kizer like a good camper by letting Kizer throw the ball all over the lot. Don't Quit now..Get Gordon 7-10 targets. Excited to see if Gordon still has that "excuse me" off the line explosion. Runs the right routes with power & speed, ending in attacking the football and not the lazy Josh giving up on some targets.(big picture of 5).Britt & Coats needed a oxygen mask after sideline bombs..Put a :) on a :( on the roster Gordo & have some Long Awaited Clean fun playing football Flash..   

I can already tell you Gordon still has the "excuse me" explosion...I've seen it in videos the past two weeks.  Reporters at practiced have essentially said the same thing, and virtually all of them said he looks like a different breed the moment he steps on the field.  I kept hearing "He just looks different".  Gordon does a good job of getting off press coverage, something our receivers have really struggled with besides Coleman (who hasn't played much).  Gordon obviously shines going deep, but what he truly excels at is the intermediate zone.  People respect his deep ability so much that he tends to get a cushion.  Unfortunately, Kizer and Gordon haven't had a ton of time to get their timing right on routes like back-shoulder, fades, and slants, but Gordon has a developed route tree and will be able to get open if...IF...Kizer has time.  That's a big if considering Bosa and Ingram are just impossible.  

Let me state the obvious issues with this game.  The Chargers don't have to blitz to get pressure, and they get a TON of it.  Very similar to Jacksonville, which tormented us, they drop 7 and rush 4 most of the time, and they are EXTREMELY successful with this method.  It's something we can only dream of doing, as evidenced by our continuous blitzing and subsequent torchings.  Kizer won't have much time to throw, the windows will be infinitely smaller with 7 back there, and it's the reason why the Bolts have given up only 4 passing touchdowns since week 5, and have a staggering 12 PICKS.  Just think about those numbers for a second.  

I'm not sure what the spread is, but I would GUESS it's the biggest of the season...and rightfully so.  It's on the west coast, we're 0-11, and the Bolts basically have the Jags' defense with a killer offense.  For those of you who like to bet, I'd put a nice chunk of change on the Chargers to cover.  Easily.  Our only hope is "The Perfect Game".  The game where we get the deflection for a pick-6, we get a punt return, the blown coverage TD bomb, the muffed punt recovery, and any other miracle plays you can think of that we never get.  

Oh, and much has been made about Josh Gordon, and rightfully so, but watch Corey Coleman this week.  I could FEEL the pain from his dropped TD last week, and it was so awful.  For our team and him personally.  It destroyed him.  With so much attention being paid to Josh AND the Chargers starting Defensive Back maybe not playing (his brother tragically died in a car accident Wednesday), I could see Coleman having himself a very nice game.  Mainly because we'll be down a lot of points and we'll go to him in garbage time.  If you have Coleman on your fantasy team, start him.  In fact, I'd start him over Gordon if you have both.  

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

... watch Corey Coleman this week. 

Agree... and as I did earlier I'll even mention Britt who finally ventured into the middle of the field last game. As a true #3 WR he has upside. And add a note to not forget our TEs.

Gordon? I went >50 and 1 TD consciously tempering my expectations, but this will be the most complete receiving corps we've put on a field in years.

11 hours ago, wargograw said:

Results are greatly indicative of our fanbase. Either miserable downers or completely delusional (<50 and >100 are the two leading answers). I put 50-75. I think he'll have 64. 0 TDs.

I actually agree with war completely. I put Gordon on 55-74 yds. Crowell and Duke will both have good games I think since the chargers rush defense is so bad. some screens and outs to duke will result in moving the chain, and the D might key in on Gordon, but Crow and Duke make for great sleepers in draftkings this week. Expect one of them to get a TD.

2 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I actually agree with war completely. I put Gordon on 55-74 yds. Crowell and Duke will both have good games I think since the chargers rush defense is so bad. some screens and outs to duke will result in moving the chain, and the D might key in on Gordon, but Crow and Duke make for great sleepers in draftkings this week. Expect one of them to get a TD.

I just heard that Vegas has Gordon at over/under 39 yards (I think that's what I heard).  To me, I'd be ALL over that bet (of course, this is what Vegas WANTS you to think, but whatever).  I just see us getting our butts completely whooped this game, and Gordon getting 30 yards in the last 2-3 drives of the 4th quarter when the game is completely out of control.  I mean, that's two slants to Gordon, right?  Never mind we don't like to RUN slants, and Kizer actually is TERRIBLE at throwing them, but I digress...

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

I just heard that Vegas has Gordon at over/under 39 yards (I think that's what I heard).  To me, I'd be ALL over that bet (of course, this is what Vegas WANTS you to think, but whatever).  I just see us getting our butts completely whooped this game, and Gordon getting 30 yards in the last 2-3 drives of the 4th quarter when the game is completely out of control.  I mean, that's two slants to Gordon, right?  Never mind we don't like to RUN slants, and Kizer actually is TERRIBLE at throwing them, but I digress...

I think we'll be competitive. Probably take the lead early or play with fire then make a few mistakes like normal.

I'd be worried about their WR's.... Keenan Allen is no joke and underrated.

36 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I agree with you on DraftKings. I'm all over Crow especially @$4100

13 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I agree with you on DraftKings. I'm all over Crow especially @$4100

I played him last week and he got me 10 points. Against the worst defense with Gordon back in Warm weather expect him or duke to explode. I actually thought about starting BOTH of them since hardly anyone will do that, and if our rushing game is on again, a VERY low percentage of people would've done that.

For QB, I'm thinking Jimmy G against the bears. It's risky, but he's cheap bro, and I can't start Phillip Rivers against us....

And when gordon doesnt play well, for obvious reasons such as 

1) time away

2) he was a reknowned loafer when the play wasnt coming toward him (and that was before his suspensions)

is it gonna be "hues fault"?  Omg omg omg gordon had a bad game cause #blackfester!!

im calling this now. Gotdon has a lackluster game cause him and kizer arent on the same page and it'll be all hues fault on monday. Not the kid thats been out of the league for 2-3 years with suspensions that happened while already on suspension. Callin it. Who wants in on this action?9

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree... and as I did earlier I'll even mention Britt who finally ventured into the middle of the field last game. As a true #3 WR he has upside. And add a note to not forget our TEs.

Gordon? I went >50 and 1 TD consciously tempering my expectations, but this will be the most complete receiving corps we've put on a field in years.

I really don't see Gordon scoring a TD.  For that to happen we'd need a well-thrown ball, protection, and execution.  I DID like what I saw from Britt, though.  However, the fact remains that the Chargers have a killer defense, and it's going to be Jacksonville Game Part 2.  

3 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I played him last week and he got me 10 points. Against the worst defense with Gordon back in Warm weather expect him or duke to explode. I actually thought about starting BOTH of them since hardly anyone will do that, and if our rushing game is on again, a VERY low percentage of people would've done that.

For QB, I'm thinking Jimmy G against the bears. It's risky, but he's cheap bro, and I can't start Phillip Rivers against us....

Our Offense will has been decent all season.  But against the Chargers, they will be in Kizer's face most of the game.  He won't even  have time to get his passes off.  Now if we design quick passes, we might offset that D.

Honest answer here. I would be thrilled with 4 catches for 50-60 yards. First game in 3ish years? Let the guy ease in a bit. Honestly one 100 yard game and not slip ups off the field this season and I would call that a big win. 

I think what Josh will do for us this season is he will take more pressure off who is currently out there. I expect to eventually see Coleman get more targets, I expect to see Njoku get more targets, I expect our running game to open up more. Those are the things Josh can do for us right now. 

7 minutes ago, Harry Buffalo said:

Honest answer here. I would be thrilled with 4 catches for 50-60 yards. First game in 3ish years? Let the guy ease in a bit. Honestly one 100 yard game and not slip ups off the field this season and I would call that a big win. 

I think what Josh will do for us this season is he will take more pressure off who is currently out there. I expect to eventually see Coleman get more targets, I expect to see Njoku get more targets, I expect our running game to open up more. Those are the things Josh can do for us right now. 

Having a WR who can blow the top off defenses can do wonders for slot receivers who thrive underneath, and TEs who can get down the seams.

Color me intrigued for Sunday's game.

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I really don't see Gordon scoring a TD.  For that to happen we'd need a well-thrown ball, protection, and execution.  I DID like what I saw from Britt, though.  However, the fact remains that the Chargers have a killer defense, and it's going to be Jacksonville Game Part 2.  

Don't forget he was wrecking the league with WEEDEN throwing the ball 

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Having a WR who can blow the top off defenses can do wonders for slot receivers who thrive underneath, and TEs who can get down the seams.

Color me intrigued for Sunday's game.

Exactly! Today it seemed like the Browns went and elevated to DEFCON 2! Josh Gordon - Activated... 

As previously stated, the Chargers may be without their probowl corner due to a family death, but I'm betting he plays. Sometimes it's better to get to work during crisis so you get a couple hours away from the pain, but we'll see. Regardless, I just read an article (linked below)  that got me all fired up...no matter how much I keep telling myself we're going to get destroyed and Josh hasn't played in years. 

I think what many fans don't realize is just how good a route runner Josh is, and it's rare to have his physical gifts AND that route prowess. He's not just someone who's big and fast, he understands balance, leverage, timing, and other subtle nuances of the game. But again, I don't believe many people fully understand the amazing stats of the Chargers' defense, so even IF Josh can get open, it's likely not to matter all that much. The windows will be small, Kizer won't have time, and regardless of how good Josh is, the WR position is probably the MOST dependent position on the field. WRs are dependent on virtually every other position, so getting open and being available to the qb is a very small part of the equation. 

As many of us have said, I see Josh blowing up in garbage time. That's all fine and good, but I HOPE he can make a play early when the game is somewhat close. And it better be early because this game is going to get ugly QUICKLY. 

Chargers - 37

Browns - 17

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/12/josh_gordons_teammates_hoping.html

Archived