Adoug319

Josh Gordon made 10k/month selling weed at Baylor

46 minutes ago, wargograw said:

These stories don't do anything to make him less appealing. We were aware he had major issues. The more he reveals, the more he's gotten over. No big deal.

Yeah- exactly. Part of the recovery process is being open to revealing how bad you were messing up- maybe not publically, but at least in AA. And Josh was messing up (badly) at an earlier age than any of us had an inkling of- until now. If all this had been general knowledge last fall when he checked into rehab, my guess would have been 99.9% of the board would have said- cut his a$$ now, there's no hope he's ever going to get straight. 

Chris Carter said- sometimes you have to hit the bottom before you know you need help. Josh's light came on earlier this year when he was wandering the streets looking for drugs- probably broke. Yup- if I ever want to play pro football again, gotta do something about it. 

That's the difference between him and Manziel. Johnny can drink & party himself into oblivion with family money- assuming Dad hasn't cut him off yet. (You want to talk about a toxic situation for Gordon?) And can't look himself in a mirror and admit I've got issues.  When you're swigging tequila straight for breakfast- you have issues guy. 

18 hours ago, Nero said:

I'm not familiar with the American/English justice terminology, so I would consider my request correctly delivered if I received a proper Spanish translation.

And I'm going to have to look in the dictionary for 'kneecaps', too.

:)

We sometimes call it:  Going Gilooley on you.   You would be crying like Nancy Kerrigan if you don't pay up.

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Urban dictionary, kneecap:

1. to shoot someone in the kneecap 

2. to stifle someone or something
They were arrested after they were caught attempting to kneecap a homeless man and now face a trial for assault.

When a person is shot in both knees, rendering them unable to walk. 

Used to be a favourite move for the IRA, but they gave up when orthopedics became good at putting knees back together. 

Oh yeah, and a kneecap is the joint between your femur and shin bones..
"Hey man, I'll kneecap 'em for you!"

Kneecaps:
a nickname for someone short
we call him kneecaps because someone wants to saw off his legs and attach his feet to his "kneecaps"

Or, sometimes we just use a retractable police baton.....like Gilooley did.

c700x420.jpg

Point is, this is what Nero could be facing if he doesn't come forth on the vig.

44 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Or, sometimes we just use a retractable police baton.....like Gilooley did.

Point is, this is what Nero could be facing if he doesn't come forth on the vig.

The vig, oh yeah :lol:

On 11/29/2017 at 1:03 AM, wargograw said:

Never smoked weed once in my life,

...I knew you were a friggin' weirdo.  

20 hours ago, wargograw said:

These stories don't do anything to make him less appealing. 

They actually DO make him less appealing.

The Ghoul made him out to be a regular guy....that enjoyed smoking week   Ya know like, it's freakin' legal in some states (including mine)....so what's the big deal?   But now we know that he toted a gun around with him as a kid but never shot anyone 'maliciously'.   What's THAT mean.   And that he drank and took drugs before games!   Hey, this ain't your local softball league we're talking about.

Apparently he was NOT just a regular dude...like many of us are or were.  He's a full blown thug!   .....and he seems like he's proud of it.

Do I want him to be a good football player for us?  Sure.  But I sure as hell think of him in a totally different way now that he's revealed that he's just a thug.

• Upvote 1

I guess you can call me a millennial liberal, but I can understand why he did what he did while he was young and couldn't get out of the pattern when he got older. Now I don't condone drug use, selling drugs, or any of the crimes he committed as a youth, but people have to understand the mind set of kids who grow up in areas like the one Josh did. When he's saying he didn't expect to live until age 18, he most likely thought that before he started gang banging. Kids grow up in those areas surrounded by violence and drugs and they are told and shown from a young age that dealing and joining your local gang is your only option. Yes these kids have the options and abilities to make it out by doing the right things and getting out through school or athletics, but the herd mentality of your local community, friends, and family is a huge factor on how you turn out. Peer pressure is a bitch, and as we know Josh doesn't have the personality to keep people  from influencing him. If Josh had grown up in the suburbs and went to a nice school, I have no doubt we would be talking about him as not only a beacon of positivity in his teams community, and as one of the best players to play the game, but life isn't fair. Hopefully he has truely separated himself from 100% of these negative influences and he keeps his head on straight. For his daughter sake I hope he can do at least that.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Orion said:

They actually DO make him less appealing.

The Ghoul made him out to be a regular guy....that enjoyed smoking week   Ya know like, it's freakin' legal in some states (including mine)....so what's the big deal?   But now we know that he toted a gun around with him as a kid but never shot anyone 'maliciously'.   What's THAT mean.   And that he drank and took drugs before games!   Hey, this ain't your local softball league we're talking about.

Apparently he was NOT just a regular dude...like many of us are or were.  He's a full blown thug!   .....and he seems like he's proud of it.

Do I want him to be a good football player for us?  Sure.  But I sure as hell think of him in a totally different way now that he's revealed that he's just a thug.

Using Ghoolie as your baseline is the problem.

Every time I see him he's either really happy or has a bottle of pee in his pocket.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:56 PM, Tour2ma said:

I confess... I smoked pot in college... inhaled and everything.

It must have been laced with hallucinogenics.

Well despite how anyone feels or thinks.. I don't think Josh Gordon is an evil person... He just a victim of his own surroundings and his own personal ignorance of himself.. Which at some point. We all are in life. The circumstances and outcomes may not be the same... But everyone goes through at least one if not more than one life altering change and/or experience. All I can say is if your at the bar every night after work swillin down Socktails... You're just much an addict Josh is/was... Whether it's weed, sex,gambling. A fix is a fix.... How far does a person let a fix impact his/her life... My only hope for Josh is he manages his life for himself. To hell with Football.. But I'll embrace him back. He never beat or raped anyone to our knowledge... Or did heinous things with animals. After living with someone who was THIQ alcholic. (More than once) I still have the compassion . I still have hope to see people succeed , and have a chance to do so... If they really mean it.... And thats all I can really add to that.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well said nickers.

That's largely true and can happen to anybody -but- (there's always a but) when you have a scholarship to play D--1A football and get a basically FREE college degree and then have the god given ability and learned skills to be a highly paid professional athlete and basically just throw it away with both hands well that makes you a bit of a......ummmm what's the word.......ummmmm dumbazz ¡

Good luck with Flash Gordon v2.0 but don't screw yourself and your teammates and just blow it again.

On 11/28/2017 at 4:55 PM, stillmotion said:

stay positive about josh, i want to see him tear up this season.

Agreed!  Football has always been a piece of cake for Josh.  The only thing that ever tackled/sidelined him was partying but it was at such an extent it deserved to be long term until...  He finally took it serious enough to meet it head on.    Clearly he did while he also got himself in great shape.   I used to be one of his biggest critics.  Today, I'm proud of the guy.  If he continues to do the stuff he has to off the field - I can't see anyone stopping him on the field especially if we ever get halfway decent QBing.

This would be a great story if we can keep the train on the tracks. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 11/28/2017 at 6:52 PM, jcam222 said:

We didn't all grow up choir boys. I'd speculate that more than just me on this board had some degree of across the line entrepreneurial endeavors in our pasts. 

I hope the guy proves me wrong and does great.  But realistically I doubt it.  We'll see.

20 hours ago, Flugel said:

Agreed!  Football has always been a piece of cake for Josh.  The only thing that ever tackled/sidelined him was partying but it was at such an extent it deserved to be long term until...  He finally took it serious enough to meet it head on.    Clearly he did while he also got himself in great shape.   I used to be one of his biggest critics.  Today, I'm proud of the guy.  If he continues to do the stuff he has to off the field - I can't see anyone stopping him on the field especially if we ever get halfway decent QBing.

This would be a great story if we can keep the train on the tracks. 

The only thing standing in Josh's way is ... Josh himself... I just want to see him kick butt...

Haslam won't let Gordon go anywhere. He wants to get advice on life in the big house and how to get by there. 

Josh has been in "the big house"?

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I don't think he ever played Michigan in college. :lol:

If, Haslam were to go to 'the big house', it would be a minimum security Prison camp like Martha Stewart went to.  Not a maximum security where they send terrorists and murderers to.

So GITMO is definitely off the table...

20 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Nope, but he has lots of thug friends that have. Birds of a feather and all that. Haslam's a thug, Josh is a thug, Stosh and pudpuller are thugs. Either thugs or losers. Which would you call em?