THE BROWNS BOARD

Our D

roach

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The Rams got noticably better without Williams. The Jags got better without Stosh. The tribe got better without depudpuller. So what could possibly help the Browns to get better?? Hmmmmm

Wisdom

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The Rams got noticably better without Williams. The Jags got better without Stosh. The tribe got better without depudpuller. So what could possibly help the Browns to get better?? Hmmmmm

Actually I'm pretty sure the Rams D is worse, and they replaced Williams with a HoF DC. Got one of those for us? I’ll waiy. 

Sashi was a consultant for the Jags promotions or something. You cant actually believe that’s a remotely credible point. 

The Indians won 4 division championships in the 4 years Depodesta was there. 

This couldn't have been a more terrible post. 

11 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Actually I'm pretty sure the Rams D is worse

2016 Rams gave up 24.6pts per game

2017 Rams giving up 18.7pts per game

Not the 1st time you've been wrong, and certainly not the last.......................... 

9 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

U see that we're ranked well ahead of the rams in total defense right?

Points allowed is all I look for.....  

59 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

No D can do it alone...

Well that’s just goofy.  Of course a D just can.  

But how many teams would have won today that gave up 30 points?  

none.  there is no team today that gave up 30 points and would have won.  zero.  nada.  Gregg Williams is a farse.

1 minute ago, roach said:

none.  there is no team today that gave up 30 points and would have won.  zero.  nada.  Gregg Williams is a farse.

Ill bet tom brady and the pats could drop more than 30 on the bengals if they felt it necessary

1 minute ago, roach said:

Indeed. When we get a good defense, it will win games. 

Because our offense can’t win a game

9 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Points allowed is all I look for.....  

I look for   wins vs losses

and we are the WORST IN NFL HISTORY in that department 

For 2 years

FIRE THEM ALL

25 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Except that points allowed doesnt take into consideration alot of factors. Namely when ur playing with one of the worst offenses in the league it absolutely affects the defense. 

Dude, we can say that about anything:

"Leads the league in yds allowed"...... They have a great offense that leads the league in TOP

"Leads the league vs the run"..... They are 9-1, lead the NFL in points scored so the opponent never runs against them

"Last in the league vs the pass".... See one line above ^ 

on, and on, and on, and on, and...........

Points scored vs points allowed is how every single game in the history of the sport has been won and lost - and always will be. 

How could you possibly watch this team and say the DEFENSE is what is killing us.  How about our complete inability to score in the redzone?

No Collins, no Ogbah... of course they'll be able to run it when our 2 best run stuffers are out. If the offense could score TDs, we would've won by double digits...

6 minutes ago, thenew23 said:

How could you possibly watch this team and say the DEFENSE is what is killing us.  How about our complete inability to score in the redzone?

No Collins, no Ogbah... of course they'll be able to run it when our 2 best run stuffers are out. If the offense could score TDs, we would've won by double digits...

Collins, not ogbah.....ogbah's been horrible against the run most of the season

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

How many of those points are given up in the 2nd half after they've been on the field way to long? Surely the lack of O time with the ball hurts. Either way to say this is the worst D we have had is laughable. 

The D is certainly not the worst we've had in the v2.0 era that's for sure, but it's also not the juggernaut that some want to say it is either. 

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

And teams run in the 2nd half because they always are up.

Dude, admit it.  This defense stinks.

There is NO team this week that had to score more than 30 points to win their football game.  NO team.  This D is awful and Greg Williams is a joke.  

59 minutes ago, roach said:

Dude, admit it.  This defense stinks.

There is NO team this week that had to score more than 30 points to win their football game.  NO team.  This D is awful and Greg Williams is a joke.  

I was impressed how much better the Rams D got simply by changing coaches.  It sure does make a difference. Especially in a coaches league like the NFL.

This defense goes on and off way too many times. 

This sunday played a terrible game, but I also think it is because it lacks depth. We can't be decent if someone is injured. Ogbah, Collins and Meder missed this game. 

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

This sunday played a terrible game, but I also think it is because it lacks depth. We can't be decent if someone is injured. Ogbah, Collins and Meder missed this game. 

Exactly. No depth equals play worse late in games if the O is stagnant and it means play worse with just a few pieces missing.

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

In a coaches league, you need great coaching to win. Think on this one. The Rams defense got way better in one off-season just by changing coaches and getting the right one. 

Archived