THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

The Great Zomboni is down for the count this weekend, be tended to by Nursie ... so we will make these short and sweet:

Cleveland at Cincinnati 1:00 PM

Browns get first win by turning the turnover count around. BROWNS 20 BUNGLES 13

Green Bay at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM

Pack will find it hard sledding with rogers in the Burgh, STEELERS 30 PACKERS 13

Houston at Baltimore 1:00 PM

Ratbirds keep playoff hopes alive with an ugly win. RAVENS 17 TEXANS 16

TGZ

image.png.07501eca0afd91a381f265cba24cdb36.png

After a nice week last week and a 3-0 start on Thanksgiving Day, I'm feeling pretty good about This Week... and Pro Pick'em. Let's start, as always, with the undercard.

GB @ PTG (-15.0) on SNF

Maybe if the Pack got 15 and had home field, then I'd have to consider them to cover, but in Heinz? No way...

Still PTG has largely played to the level of the competition this season. But last week they did not for the first time this season and I think they liked the reduced stress involved in doing so. Plus GB is so banged up.

While I am, and my Fantasy teams are, counting on Aaron to make a playoff run late this season, it's not yet late. Take the Steelers in a 2nd consecutive laugher...

Prediction: PTG 44 GB 13

HOU @ BLT (-8.0) on MNF

Tougher line here... Texans still have a respectable D and Savage has shown signs of functionality, but HOU now has 9 players on IR and most of them have been key contributors. So who can they beat? Maybe a team with 11 players on  IR.... plus one lost to drug suspension?

Ravens have more injured, but have been more judicious in who is out. Most are offensive role players, leaving their formidable D intact. So looing for them to roll today... not big... just big enough.

Prediction: BLT 23 HOU 10

and then comes our daily double...

CLE @ CIN (-9.5)

No too long ago it seemed like whenever we've needed an upset win to feel good about ourselves, we could always depend upon Cinci to provide it. But lately... not so much. Yet this former, "most-well-rounded/balanced-team-in-the-AFCN" is a shadow of the powerhouse that was just a couple seasons ago... not that their balance did them much good in the end... in no small part due to some unbalanced players. But I digress...

Injury-wise CIN's looks to be the AFCN champ... with the shortest list and fewest "names" in the AFCN. Yet... here I go... talkin' myself into something... I've gotta feelin'...

Cinci's pattern of late is to win one and then lose one, win one and then lose two... win one (as they did last week) and... Plus it's the teams they have lost to in that stretch... PTG, JAX and TN... all team that can punch them in the mouth on both sides of the ball. That can be us... undeniably on D... but also on Offense, if we pin back our OL's ears and Crow pounds between the OTs while Kizer keeps a few read options. Hey... it worked for Urban yesterday.

Stop the run and run the rock...

Aw.... WTF... we aren't going to go winless.

Prediction: CLE 20 CIN 13

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Aw.... WTF... we aren't going to go winless.

I doubt we will  get lucky with one of these predicted wins until Gordon returns to provide the kind of "luck" we need most-a real receiver.

ONE MAN'S OPINION SUNDAY MORNING EDITION.......

GEEEZZZUS H. CHRISTMAS THE FREAKIN BROWNS.......wait, cool down, put on your brown and orange glasses, take a deep breath.

Somehow, somewhere the Browns manage to bungle the point spread despite an often inflated number. The statistics really don’t look that bad for a winless team – ranked in the top 10 in fewest yards allowed per game and only outgained by 119 yards on the season – but the Browns just don’t find ways to lose they also fail to cover going 1-8 ATS in their last nine games.

The Bengals have dominated the Browns going 6-0 SU and ATS during the past six in the series winning by an aver-age of 22 points a game, including 31-7 in Week 4. Andy Dalton has 13 touchdown passes without an interception in his last five games versus the Browns. 

SO WHAT TO DO? WELL YOU'VE DRAINED THE HOUSE MONEY, MAXED OUT THE ATM, BORROWED FROM EVERYONE INCLUDING GRANDMA......WAIT THAT 401 (k), YOU DON'T REALLY NEED IT RIGHT NOW, HEY COVER YOUR LOSSES AND, WELL THROW IN SOME FOR A TRIP TO VEGAS!

THE BROWNIES ARE GETTING 9' POINTS THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH, CALL YOUR BOOKIE, HE LOVES YOU (LOL) A TON ON CLEVELAND! 

And while you're at it how about......

CHI +14', NE -17', AZ +5 and GB +15 plus on MNF HOU +8, A ton of dogs this week, any turkey left?

Just ask Dutch I used to be wicked good on this NFL stuff, really....honest....no kidding. ;)

image.png.07501eca0afd91a381f265cba24cdb36.png

GB @ PTG (-15.0) on SNF

Prediction: PTG 44 GB 13

FINAL: PTG 31 GB 28 - W/L

HOU @ BLT (-8.0) on MNF

Prediction: BLT 23 HOU 10

FINAL: BLT 23 HOU 16 - W/L

and then comes our daily double...

CLE @ CIN (-9.5)

FINAL: CIN 30 CLE 16 - LL/LL

image.png.b7a04260d457b0eb21d832b5b04cf4aa.png