THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Bengals Game Day Thread***

jiggins7919

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Notable absences from the complaints this week...

• We can't run the ball/abandon the run (169 yds; 5.5 ypc)
  • Britt... (gorgeous catch and run)
  • Peppers this or that... (best game)
  • Stupid Kizer throws... (no INTs)

I'm sure I'm overlooking a few oldies...

you're forgetting the complaints about the kicking game.  zane hasn't shown any improvement this season, the Browns can't afford to leave any points off the board so not sure why they went with a kicker who isn't automatic with anything shorter than 40 yards.  very frustrating to march down the field and come up empty-handed.

Just now, The Gipper said:

Remember The Maine!!

Omg. What's your story on the Maine? 

Please, tell me. I'm dead curious.

Just now, Nero said:

Omg. What's your story on the Maine? 

Please, tell me. I'm dead curious.

Do you really not know the story of the Maine?  It was bombed in Havana harbor.  1898 I believe.  That started the Spanish American War...or at least it was the pretense used to start that war.  Spain was alleged to have committed the deed.  Of course, that is questionable. What wasn't questionable was that there was a war...that America won decisively over Spain.  Spain lost all Western Hemisphere colonies (only Cuba and Puerto Rico were left), plus the Phillipines and Guam.  Cuba became independent. The Phillipines later became independent (but not until after WWII I believe)...but the US still owns Puerto Rico and Guam....both of which were in the news lately.  PR because of the devastating hurricanes that ripped through there, and Guam because it was the object of some silliness perpetrated by that little troll that runs N. Korea.

http://www.historytoday.com/richard-cavendish/sinking-maine

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Do you really not know the story of the Maine?  It was bombed in Havana harbor.  1898 I believe.  That started the Spanish American War...or at least it was the pretense used to start that war.  Spain was alleged to have committed the deed.  Of course, that is questionable. What wasn't questionable was that there was a war...that America won decisively over Spain.  Spain lost all Western Hemisphere colonies (only Cuba and Puerto Rico were left), plus the Phillipines and Guam.  Cuba became independent. The Phillipines later became independent (but not until after WWII I believe)...but the US still owns Puerto Rico and Guam....both of which were in the news lately.  PR because of the devastating hurricanes that ripped through there, and Guam because it was the object of some silliness perpetrated by that little troll that runs N. Korea.

http://www.historytoday.com/richard-cavendish/sinking-maine

I know what happened with the Maine.

I wanted to know what do you think that really happened to the ship.

EDIT: to be more specific. Who commited the deed?

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I know what happened with the Maine.

I wanted to know what do you think that really happened to the ship.

I have no clue, really.  It is kind of irrelevent what actually happened.  It is only relevent as to what the consequences of the allegations were.

Hey....at least you only got away with losing some colonies.  The previous nation wherein we were asked, more or less, to Remember something resulted in the US getting Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah, some of Colorado.

So....would you like to cede those troublesome Catalonians to the US now?   I hear Barcelona is a pretty nice city.  If the US annexes that area maybe we can get an NFL team situated there?

B)

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

I have no clue, really.  It is kind of irrelevent what actually happened.  It is only relevent as to what the consequences of the allegations were.

Hey....at least you only got away with losing some colonies.  The previous nation wherein we were asked, more or less, to Remember something resulted in the US getting Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah, some of Colorado.

So....would you like to cede those troublesome Catalonians to the US now?   I hear Barcelona is a pretty nice city.  If the US annexes that area maybe we can get an NFL team situated there?

B)

Well. It's relevant. 

One of the first international wars by the States was held probably for the wrong reasons. Many think it was either a false flag attack or an accident. Either way, it was a silly move to blame Spain about the sinking of an obsolete ship that entered cuban sea area with no permission nor warning (something that it's not normal even nowadays)

A clever move to add power to the States. I'm not offended because it's in the past and Spain was already in a huge decadency, but the use of diplomacy and the media by american statesmen on that matter set an uncomfortable precedent.

And the Catalonian problem... Better not to talk about it.

39 minutes ago, Nero said:

Well. It's relevant. 

One of the first international wars by the States was held probably for the wrong reasons. Many think it was either a false flag attack or an accident. Either way, it was a silly move to blame Spain about the sinking of an obsolete ship that entered cuban sea area with no permission nor warning (something that it's not normal even nowadays)

A clever move to add power to the States. I'm not offended because it's in the past and Spain was already in a huge decadency, but the use of diplomacy and the media by american statesmen on that matter set an uncomfortable precedent.

And the Catalonian problem... Better not to talk about it.

Its not relevent to the here and now.  Maybe if you were alive in 1898 it was.

Or...if you would like to make it relevent now....we can cede Puerto Rico..which we got in that war back to Spain.  Then we can let Spain have the financial obligation of the recovery of the terrible hurricane that hit there. And you can then address the issue of Puerto Rican Independence.   Or, we can give you Guam back.....and we can cede the responsibility of protecting the Pacific Rim to Spain. Let Kook Jung Il aim his supposed nukes your way. 

Besides despite it not being certain, there was evidence that Spain may indeed have been responsible. But there is no need to relitigate that issue now...is there?

And as far as the use of diplomacy and the media being used by American Statesmen....we have Donald Trump as POTUS.  How uncomfortable do you think that is for us and the rest of the world? Just be grateful that he is not yours. 

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Its not relevent to the here and now.  Maybe if you were alive in 1898 it was.

Or...if you would like to make it relevent now....we can cede Puerto Rico..which we got in that war back to Spain.  Then we can let Spain have the financial obligation of the recovery of the terrible hurricane that hit there. And you can then address the issue of Puerto Rican Independence.   Or, we can give you Guam back.....and we can cede the responsibility of protecting the Pacific Rim to Spain. Let Kook Jung Il aim his supposed nukes your way. 

Besides despite it not being certain, there was evidence that Spain may indeed have been responsible. But there is no need to relitigate that issue now...is there?

And as far as the use of diplomacy and the media being used by American Statesmen....we have Donald Trump as POTUS.  How uncomfortable do you think that is for us and the rest of the world? Just be grateful that he is not yours. 

About having bad politicians, we are pretty competitive too. LOL. 

Something is wrong with the team when I find more interesting talking about this than yesterday's game hahaha.

My friends kids went up to the game....

bought tickets at the gate....

6 dollars... wow. Six bucks.

peyton rumor I heard latest was he is buying a ownership stake in the Browns

20 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I hear ya big time. We don't ever try the play-action fake and a flip to the tight end under the goal posts, EVER. Probably not since Testaverde.

Part of it now is I don't think Kizer is very good at carrying out a play fake. Certainly, this is teachable, so TEACH!!

I can think of ONE really good example, and that was a 1st and goal situation (I THINK) when Kizer made a gorgeous fake and threw to a wide open Njoku for a short TD pass. One of our VERY few "easy Tds". 

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Notable absences from the complaints this week...

• We can't run the ball/abandon the run (169 yds; 5.5 ypc)
  • Britt... (gorgeous catch and run)
  • Peppers this or that... (best game)
  • Stupid Kizer throws... (no INTs)

I'm sure I'm overlooking a few oldies...

Here's Terry Pluto's take on the game. I agree with him for the most part.

When some people want to blame the front office for the vast majority of all the problems, I'll simply say this:

Chris Palmer had a 5-27 record in 1999-2000, the first two years of the expansion team. That was with a young and often overwhelmed Tim Couch at quarterback. It was with a roster that wasn't necessarily superior to this group.

The inability to cover a tight end in the red zone is far more about coaching than moves by the front office. The same is true when Jackson becomes obsessed with passing so much.

The front office and coaching staff are both to blame, and it doesn't help the situation when they are viewed separately.

17 hours ago, Nero said:

About having bad politicians, we are pretty competitive too. LOL. 

Something is wrong with the team when I find more interesting talking about this than yesterday's game hahaha.

We don't hear a lot about Spanish politics....though there have been these stories with the government wanting to put the Catalonian leaders in jail...or something.  That is something our IIC would seriously like to do. (though it may be he that ends up there)

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

We don't hear a lot about Spanish politics....though there have been these stories with the government wanting to put the Catalonian leaders in jail...or something.  That is something our IIC would seriously like to do. (though it may be he that ends up there)

https://www.acronymfinder.com/IIC.html

18 hours ago, Browns1216 said:

you're forgetting the complaints about the kicking game.  zane hasn't shown any improvement this season, the Browns can't afford to leave any points off the board so not sure why they went with a kicker who isn't automatic with anything shorter than 40 yards.  very frustrating to march down the field and come up empty-handed.

Well... I was talking about old complaints that were not valid this week and thus absent... so there's that.

There was agonizing over Zane's early miss... and separate wistful posts about Phil in a couple threads... a kicker who fails your "inside the forty" test... badly.

6 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

What is your opinion of him to this point? I am hoping by season’s end that they have their backup at least going forward.

Still has major touch issues. Still slow to gauge receiver speed and this despite still looking at them and not seeing the field.

Bottom line: Time has run out on any hope of certainty.... so hello, Josh Rosen.

Kizer's future? Still have hope, and more than a little belief, that he can develop into a legit starter.... that would yield a lot of trade value down the road.

Archived