***Official Browns @ Bengals Game Day Thread***

jiggins7919

4 minutes ago, medicineman said:

Shmucking bs. The refs will make sure we never win

The FO and coaches have made sure we won’t win

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cowpoop call against peppers to seal the game away.  key drops by both offense and defense and a horrible run defense today kept this game out of reach.  seriously every time the bengals get past the 20 yard line it was automatic points for them today.  frustrating game for sure.

I'm gonna rem colemans bread basket drop for awhile. I know I've been shilling for taking a qb #1 next year, and I still think we should....but Kizer's season might have looked a lil better with a diff rec corp. He's made enough goofy mistakes on his own that had nothing to do with the rec's, based on that i'm ready to move on cause the talent at QB this year is unpassable.....but I also worry what the next guy is gonna have to deal with. These constant game changing drops are on my last nerve. It really is a return to the Braylon Edwards days. Is there something about the balls the browns use? Have we been using the kicking balls for years or something? I just don't get it.

On 11/23/2017 at 8:35 AM, jiggins7919 said:

Yeah...I intentionally didn't address that. It's no secret Hue is fighting for his life, but I don't think the best strategy is to can him and start all over. I'm more inclined to get rid of Sashi's arrogant butt and keep our coaching staff (although I'm growing tired of Chris Tabor's pathetic special teams). I can't blame our awful talent on Hue. Just look at our QBs. Now, Hue isn't without fault. His clock management is awful. His red zone execution is miserable. But our overall talent SUCKS and our defense has let us down in the red zone too many times. We scored 28 points in the Colts game. That's GOT TO BE ENOUGH for our team to win. Granted, our defense has for the most part kept us IN more games than not, but whatever. After the Colts game I said we'd never score 28 again. We haven't, and we won't. 

I'm just wanting "the game". The game where it all goes our way. We hit the long bomb touchdown, we get the pick-6, we recover the muffed punt, we get the sack-fumble, Garrett has 3 sacks, we nail a trick play, and so on and so on. It's freaking time, man. 

Browns need to start over ... we can get a better coach than this.

6 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I'm gonna rem colemans bread basket drop for awhile. I know I've been shilling for taking a qb #1 next year, and I still think we should....but Kizer's season might have looked a lil better with a diff rec corp. He's made enough goofy mistakes on his own that had nothing to do with the rec's, based on that i'm ready to move on cause the talent at QB this year is unpassable.....but I also worry what the next guy is gonna have to deal with. These constant game changing drops are on my last nerve. It really is a return to the Braylon Edwards days. Is there something about the balls the browns use? Have we been using the kicking balls for years or something? I just don't get it.

They need someone with a good football background and balls to run the team. 

7 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Kizer stinks and let's draft a QB, maybe 2!  And you are so right about the receivers.  Get one quality FA WR who can stay healthy.  Then draft a receiver in round 1 or 2 along with the QB in round 1 and another OL in round 2.  This team almost never has a quality offense and we desperately need to put some pressure on other teams for a change!

Just now, Send in the Clowns said:

Kizer stinks and let's draft a QB, maybe 2!  And you are so right about the receivers.  Get one quality FA WR who can stay healthy.  Then draft a receiver in round 1 or 2 along with the QB in round 1 and another OL in round 2.  This team almost never has a quality offense and we desperately need to put some pressure on other teams for a change!

You really want this front office to go after another FA wide receiver?

14 minutes ago, Browns1216 said:

cowpoop call against peppers to seal the game away.  key drops by both offense and defense and a horrible run defense today kept this game out of reach.  seriously every time the bengals get past the 20 yard line it was automatic points for them today.  frustrating game for sure.

And yes, the talent sis mediocre, but so is the coaching staff.  My 92 year old mom watched the Browns last Sunday and then another game and said, "The Browns look so much slower and unmotivated compared to other teams."  That sums it up!

Just now, Richiswhere said:

You really want this front office to go after another FA wide receiver?

Not this front office to go after a FA receiver!  The next one!!!! They need a quality experienced receiver who can reliably catch the ball!  Over pay!  These fans deserve something to cheer for.  Enoguh of the garbage!

1 minute ago, Send in the Clowns said:

kizer should not have played this year except in a backup capacity. That is on the FO. They got rid of mccown cause hey we got assweileer. Kizer has potential, we saw it today. Just don't think we can wait for that. He's 2 years away minimum. With guys like Rosen coming out this year can we wait that long?

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

and we'll be right back here in a year, no change. I'm sorry but until browns fans realize this I'm afraid we're gonna be a 1 win team for a long time

I don't know.  I think you gotta keep trying, as head shaking as that is.    This current crowd is terrible at evaluating talent -- almost as bad as Farmer, the worst  GM of all time! And that's a fact!

Don't feel like reading back this thread, as watching the game once was more than enough for me..... but that call on Peppers was phucking awful. 

The NFL is slowly becoming unwatchable on so many levels, and trust me, (Hue?) for me to say that is saying something. 

11 minutes ago, Send in the Clowns said:

Not this front office to go after a FA receiver!  The next one!!!! They need a quality experienced receiver who can reliably catch the ball!  Over pay!  These fans deserve something to cheer for.  Enoguh of the garbage!

Ok thanks for the clarification 

11 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I wouldn't mind Manning chosing our rec corps

Would be interesting if this were to happen

22 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

kizer should not have played this year except in a backup capacity. That is on the FO. They got rid of mccown cause hey we got assweileer. Kizer has potential, we saw it today. Just don't think we can wait for that. He's 2 years away minimum. With guys like Rosen coming out this year can we wait that long?

Again I don't understand this.  You could've started the season with Mccown/Kizer/Osweiler and had Hogan on the practice squad.  It appears that Hue wasn't sold that Kessler or Hogan was the future of the franchise so why keep them around.

1 hour ago, Richiswhere said:

Would be interesting if this were to happen

my feeling is it's already a done deal. It will be announced at the end of the season. Haslem is keeping mum on what position but Peyton Manning isn't flying into Cleveland multiple times just to shoot the shyt with his boy jimmy. Peyton manning will be "something" in the Browns organization next year and it's so hard to imagine he won't have a major say in that #1 pick which is almost assuredly a QB at this point.

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

my feeling is it's already a done deal. It will be announced at the end of the season. Haslem is keeping mum on what position but Peyton Manning isn't flying into Cleveland multiple times just to shoot the shyt with his boy jimmy. Peyton manning will be "something" in the Browns organization next year and it's so hard to imagine he won't have a major say in that #1 pick which is almost assuredly a QB at this point.

I wouldn't mind something like that happening. I am very skeptical that it will tho. 

My thoughts on the game today. Kizer was OK, he made some good throws, his WRs in general didn't help him out. Kenny Britt made an appearance today which would have been nice if he didn't wait until game 11 to do so. The call on Peppers was a complete joke. The offense needs play makers in the worse way, IF Kizer can build on this game and progress until season ends he may have a chance next year. Whether he does so or not the Browns should draft a QB and get someone other than Sashi Brown evaluate them.

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

They need someone with a good football background and balls to run the team. 

It's a chit pile of names that want no part of this..If anyone writes in Pat Shurmer OC Vikings..Am Driving to your House!! https://armchairallamericans.com/potential-nfl-head-coaching-candidates-2018/ Would Jim Schwartz pull out of Philly now? 

28 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

It's a chit pile of names that want no part of this..If anyone writes in Pat Shurmer OC Vikings..Am Driving to your House!! https://armchairallamericans.com/potential-nfl-head-coaching-candidates-2018/ Would Jim Schwartz pull out of Philly now? 

I'm all for Kosar as our GM. Let him find a young hungry talented coach.

3 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I'm all for Kosar as our GM. Let him find a young hungry talented coach.

i get this aweful feeling that Haslem would prefer Manning over Kosar at this point..:( agree with you though. The wife ordered Kosar's book for Xmas..should be a good read

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

i get this aweful feeling that Haslem would prefer Manning over Kosar at this point..:( agree with you though. The wife ordered Kosar's book for Xmas..should be a good read

I would prefer Manning over Stosh the pudpuller but feel Bernie could actually fix this mess. Especially after seeing him local plugging his book and making a reunion at his High school. I also get to hear him do some pregame analysis on the radio.  The book sounds good too. I've read some excerpts from it. Bernie is a smart man....and he still bleeds brown and orange

Archived