THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Bengals Game Day Thread***

jiggins7919

21 year old Deshone Kizer signed a 4 year contract worth $4,948,412 

24 year old Cody Kessler signed a 4 year, $3,389,082 contract 

25 year old Kevin Hogan signed a 2 year, $990,000 contract

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And in 2018 they will sign another boy wonder to rescue the franchise.......geeezzz I've turned into a cynical old bastard. :lol:

Actually they do have a nucleus for something, the byproduct of stockpiling so many high draft picks.

I can't wait until April 2018 when the BROWNS season begins again........yeah cynical, but a closet optimist or is it optometrist? :lol:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BROWNS  AT  BENGALS

CLEVELAND BROWNS INJURIES

Player
Position
Injury
Practice Status
Game Status
Isaiah Crowell RB -- Full Participation in Practice --
Jabrill Peppers S -- Full Participation in Practice --
Joseph Tretter C -- Full Participation in Practice --
Kenneth Britt WR -- Limited Participation in Practice --
Derron Smith S Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Doubtful
Sammie Coates WR Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Out
CINCINNATI BENGALS INJURIES
Player
Position
Injury
Practice Status
Game Status
D'Andre Kirkpatrick CB -- Did Not Participate In Practice --
Clint Boling G -- Full Participation in Practice --
Alex Erickson WR -- Full Participation in Practice --
Jordan Evans LB -- Full Participation in Practice --
William Jackson CB -- Full Participation in Practice --
Adam Jones CB -- Full Participation in Practice --
Tyler Kroft TE -- Full Participation in Practice --
Brandon LaFell WR -- Full Participation in Practice --
Kevin Minter LB -- Full Participation in Practice --
Vincent Rey LB Hamstring Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Shawn Williams S Hamstring Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Darqueze Dennard CB Knee Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

Hi, Browns fans!   :)   The Battle Of Ohio in the NFL continues as  Cleveland Browns seeking to win the first regular season game in 2017, take the short 220 mile flight across the Buckeye State, as they  the play the 4-6 Cincinnati Bengals  in their 89th all-time meeting.  Bengals are the first divisional opponent  the Browns are playing again in their home and home series in the AFC North.

Cleveland have not won a regular season game since Cody Parkey kicked his  game-decided  27-yard field goal with less than 11 minuies left in the fourth quarter, and the Browns, won their only game in their 2016 regular season, defeating the San Diego Chargers at FirstEnergy Stadium back   Robert Griffin III  also completed 17 of his 25 passes for 164 yards, on Christmas Eve, 12/24 2016.

Browns also have not won a regular season game going into week 12, their last win, a 25-0 preseason road win at Chicago in August, finishing and undefeated and 4-0 preseason.

Cincinnati still leads the all-time regular season series over Cincinnati 49 wins and 39 losses, including their current six game winning streak over our Browns after 88 games. Bengals have outscored the Browns 183-47 in those previous six meetings, beginning on December 2014.

Cleveland seeks to win their first game in three years over Cincinnati, since the Browns 24-3 win back on November 6, 2014.

Sunny and clear skies at 46 degrees, feels like 42 degrees, is the game forecast inside Paul Brown Stadium, for the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 56% humidity, and western winds at 7 miles per hour.

NO injuries, try to win your first game over the Bengals in six years, and your first win in 2017, and GO BROWNS!!!!! BELIEVELAND!!!!  ;)   B)   B)   ^_^

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/schedule-and-events/schedule.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengals-Browns_rivalry

http://www.506sports.com/

http://www.nfl.com/salute

In days gone bye, this was always a tough game to handicap. The rivalry used to pretty much dissolve the point spread and you just never knew what was going to happen. The Bengals are a weird, weird team. They have great seasons blooming and then go soft against the Steelers and Ravens. In the past 6 years it seems like on paper we have a chance, but then almost as if by attrition, the Bengals pull away and make the plays we can't to win.

My gut tells me that our D will again keep the Bengals close, only to see us again flounder and get overtaken in the last part of the game.

We have the edge in defense.

They have a better QB, WR, and coaching staff. I thinkas it has been in many games this year, we stay close and fade in the 4th. I'll go Bengals 24 Browns 17

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

But which one is official!?!?!

He likes to think he's "official". It's around his sole contribution to the Forum. Wonder if he does the same for the other 31 teams.  :)  

Believe it or not, Nassib has stepped up his game, and I think Orchard will now get more playing time, although it could be Holmes...not sure. Hue Jackson said he's waiting for Myles Garrett to dominate a game, and I love that he put the pressure on him. No "it's a team game" crap...he expects great things from our #1 pick, and I dig it. Myles has been very solid so far, but I know what Hue is saying. He doesn't want solid, or even very good....he wants domination, and Garrett has that kind of ability. 

This Bengals game comes at a very bad time, as we obviously struggle offensively against physical defenses. We can't run against them, we get into too many 3rd and longs, and we all know how we can't pass effectively. We really could've used a match-up against a team not known for their physicality, but we have to play who is on the schedule. In another Bengals post, I believe I listed Dalton's stats against us in the past 5 games:  15 touchdowns and 0 picks (at least I THINK that's right. Too lazy to verify). Bottom line is...we're EXACTLY what the doctor ordered for the Bengals. It's a bad match-up on paper, it's at Cincy, and Kizer is coming off a real stink-fest which really should've been our first victory of the year. 

Don't be surprised if you see more Duke Johnson, both in passing game and running game. I also think we'll see SOME sort of creativity either in special teams or offensive razzle-dazzle. It's time to reach down in our bag of tricks because we need SOMETHING to help us score and sustain drives. We cannot get into another punting competition against this team or we'll get our butts whooped (again). 

I'm not trying to be negative. Nobody wants to read that crap, but it's obviously not good on paper for our team today. I'd love to see us play well today and figure out SOME way to win, and then ride some momentum to L. A. next week against an erratic Charger team with Josh Gordon storming back onto the field. If our defense can somehow figure out a way to hold the Bengals to field goals, our offense punches in two tds, and we get a big play from defense or special teams...we can win. And lord how we need it. 

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

In days gone bye, this was always a tough game to handicap. The rivalry used to pretty much dissolve the point spread and you just never knew what was going to happen. The Bengals are a weird, weird team. They have great seasons blooming and then go soft against the Steelers and Ravens. In the past 6 years it seems like on paper we have a chance, but then almost as if by attrition, the Bengals pull away and make the plays we can't to win.

My gut tells me that our D will again keep the Bengals close, only to see us again flounder and get overtaken in the last part of the game.

We have the edge in defense.

They have a better QB, WR, and coaching staff. I thinkas it has been in many games this year, we stay close and fade in the 4th. I'll go Bengals 24 Browns 17

I think I would add the "Hue" 10 pt. handicapper into that score.  Bengals 30 Browns 13.

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I also think we'll see SOME sort of creativity either in special teams or offensive razzle-dazzle. It's time to reach down in our bag of tricks

No thank you.

Let's first see if we can play tackle football...like the Browns.  Else we end up looking like clowns.

Inactives are out...

Cleveland Browns Injuries
Sammie Coates WR Inactive  
Darius Hillary CB Inactive  
Kevin Hogan QB Inactive  
Matt Lengel TE Inactive  
Marcus Martin C Inactive  
T.Y. McGill DT Inactive  
Derron Smith FS Inactive  

Cincinnati Bengals Injuries
Brian Hill RB Inactive  
Alex Redmond OG Inactive  
Vincent Rey OLB Inactive  
John Ross WR Inactive  
KeiVarae Russell CB Inactive  
Christian Westerman OG Inactive  
Shawn Williams SS Inactive

Dilly Dilly! I have returned from traveling thru the Mountain Hillbillies, billy goat trolls at toll booths & Racket y bridges over Moats escaping Wentzylvania..(dilly dilly) I barren big bragging gifts from Wentzville(dilly dilly) Wentz has now a 59.7 passing percentage, now falling under 60%(just keep him out of the Wentzone with 25 passing TD's) with Bortles at (58.4%)/Trubisky (53.1%)/Savage(52.8%)//Kizer(52.5%)..EDIT--Here's a new one..Kirksey & Schobert are tied for 3rd in all the league in tackles at 88..Time for Garrett to add to his Sack total..++2

Archived