Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Browns149

Go back to the NFL Jim

Recommended Posts

On 11/29/2017 at 9:54 AM, The Gipper said:

Any edge that FMU has was gained in the very early years, when FMU was a powerhouse in football and OSU was actually, admittedly, only on the level with teams like Oberlin. They were a cupcake.   The record up to 1928  was that MU won 19, lost 3, and tied 2.

It was like Alabama taking on Mercer.    But, once Ohio State got into football seriously...they have pretty much dominated the series, since the late 20s...with only the John Cooper era being the only real downturn.

So, since the late 20s, OSU has dominated every decade...except the Cooper years....and the Bo/Woody years....when things were quite even.  It was Bo 5, Woody 4 with 1 tie.

I'm aware. But someone on here said they'd like the rivalry to be more balanced or some crap like that, i.e. Michigan win a few. Screw that. 

 

And yeah, I'd love to see my rivals go 0-12 every year. Maybe not LSU, but definitely Texas, and definitely Michigan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wargograw said:

I'm aware. But someone on here said they'd like the rivalry to be more balanced or some crap like that, i.e. Michigan win a few. Screw that. 

 

And yeah, I'd love to see my rivals go 0-12 every year. Maybe not LSU, but definitely Texas, and definitely Michigan.

Competitive yes so they are respected and highly ranked. ........BUT OHIO STATE STILL WINS! I'm not that generous vs "m". :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 1:20 AM, wargograw said:

I for the life of me don't understand why anyone would want to see them successful just so the rivalry is better. The rivalry is the rivalry. 

 

I'd rather see Ohio State catch up in the all time series, which they are certainly on their way to.

I don't give a sh!t what happened in Michigan's pre ww2 glory days. The rivalry being better helps in times like right now when the committee wants to gobble Nick Saban's miniature penis. If Michigan was a good win it would be harder to make a case for Alabama and their 11 wins over the sisters of St. Joseph. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not losing to Iowa (and Clemson last year) by 30 would help too. Just a thought.

 

Do you guys that are mad about this actually think Ohio State could beat Clemson this year? I mean honestly. There's not way you can look me in the eye and tell me that. This is a weak team by Ohio State standards. Come back better next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wargograw said:

Not losing to Iowa (and Clemson last year) by 30 would help too. Just a thought.

 

Do you guys that are mad about this actually think Ohio State could beat Clemson this year? I mean honestly. There's not way you can look me in the eye and tell me that. This is a weak team by Ohio State standards. Come back better next year.

You never know. Lots of teams beat lots of other teams that no one thought they would beat.   Who thought Iowa would beat Ohio State?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You never know. Lots of teams beat lots of other teams that no one thought they would beat.   Who thought Iowa would beat Ohio State?

Parity in today's college football is nearing professional football it's hard to be ready every week.....how many undefeated teams this year? How many strange upsets? 

Teams all have good facilities, training, coaching now even D-1AA, I see it even at schools now like YSU, we had nothing when I first went there in 1968, now wow no high school facilities they have indoor 100 yard indoor facilities with a track field around it.

......oh YSU took D-1A PITT to OT in game 1 this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2017 at 1:23 AM, wargograw said:

Not losing to Iowa (and Clemson last year) by 30 would help too. Just a thought.

 

Do you guys that are mad about this actually think Ohio State could beat Clemson this year? I mean honestly. There's not way you can look me in the eye and tell me that. This is a weak team by Ohio State standards. Come back better next year.

I didn't think Syracuse stood a snowball's chance in hell, but they beat that #1 Clemson team THIS year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Iowa State beat Oklahoma.   Also....Syracuse lost every game after beating Clemson....so even ACC cupcakes beat them.  

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

I didn't think Syracuse stood a snowball's chance in hell, but they beat that #1 Clemson team THIS year. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also...on this subject:   there are also rumors that Jim Harbaugh may be a candidate for the NY Giants job.

Again, probably mere speculation......but despite Woody's protestations, his name keeps cropping up.

And Jim Harbaugh in NYC? You would think that Ringling Bros. was in town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Also...on this subject:   there are also rumors that Jim Harbaugh may be a candidate for the NY Giants job.

Again, probably mere speculation......but despite Woody's protestations, his name keeps cropping up.

And Jim Harbaugh in NYC? You would think that Ringling Bros. was in town.

 

Like I said in the other thread..  the guy that apparently in the mix to leave for the nfl... Is doing extra recruiting in Mississippi to help his college team. 

 

Yeah he's definitely leaving

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

 

Like I said in the other thread..  the guy that apparently in the mix to leave for the nfl... Is doing extra recruiting in Mississippi to help his college team. 

 

Yeah he's definitely leaving

Of course he is still recruiting.  He would have to keep up pretenses.  I am not saying he is leaving...all I am saying is that there is a smoke from a distant fire.  If it was in his mind, like I said, he would still keep up the pretense, because he would probably want to do a favor to the guy that replaces him by getting Good players for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×