THE BROWNS BOARD

Go back to the NFL Jim

Browns149

You can’t beat Urban. You can’t recruit a good Qb. 

Just save everyone up there the trouble. And go coach the Colts

maybe the next guy can have success 

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Sigh

I want to explain why you're wrong, and explain what's just incorrect in that post... But I know it will just go in one ear and out the other.  

What to do?

I said he can’t beat Urban. He never has 

All three of the qbs he had this year were not good 

He hasn’t had a good qb since he got there. 

What did I say that needs explaining? 

I'm not really defending "m" but he's only been there what 3 seasons inheriting a program that was in decline since was it RichRod? LLLLLLoyd, others? 

If "they" only had a healthy QB it would have been interesting this year with their defense and OL.....patience guys, he will make it interesting the only problem for "them" is that Tressel to Meyer those coaches have the Buckeyes as a top 10, top 5 team every year which is really hard to do.

Anyone kinda' miss the Bo/Woody days? 

47 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah, I'm not gonna bother. You aren't correct, but that's alright. It isn't worth the time.

What was I not correct about? 

22 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'm not really defending "m" but he's only been there what 3 seasons inheriting a program that was in decline since was it RichRod? LLLLLLoyd, others? 

If "they" only had a healthy QB it would have been interesting this year with their defense and OL.....patience guys, he will make it interesting the only problem for "them" is that Tressel to Meyer those coaches have the Buckeyes as a top 10, top 5 team every year which is really hard to do.

Anyone kinda' miss the Bo/Woody days? 

I do miss the Bo/Woody days.

That era will never come back though of course. The scholarship equity in every school in particular won't allow it....that's why there's a little more parity in CFB today.

The elite programs may remain elite, but they can't scholarship a player and keep him off the field like they did in the old days. Some schools did that so a rival couldn't have that player.

As for Harbaugh, I don't like him (or his brother in Ratbird land), but the guy is a great coach. As much as a Buckeye homer I am, I honestly thought ichigan was going to win,just because of raw emotion, which much of it comes from Harbaugh and the rivalry's history. Right now, it's king of the John Cooper-era in reverse for scUM.

On 11/25/2017 at 8:25 PM, MLD Woody said:

Sigh

I want to explain why you're wrong, and explain what's just incorrect in that post... But I know it will just go in one ear and out the other.  

What to do?

What to do?   You wait and see. 

Its not like we here are making up these rumors.  They are all over the college football reports and in the NFL reports.

Now, here is a conundrum for you:

Next year would you rather see Jim Harbaugh coaching:

A. Michigan

B. The Browns

??  You choose

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Its not like we here are making up these rumors.  They are all over the college football reports and in the NFL reports.

A. Michigan

B. The Browns

??  You choose

I hope he stays up there. OSU will continue to dominate them

A new coach might actually win 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

A. Michigan

B. The Browns

??  You choose

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

A. Michigan

B. The Browns

??  You choose

A. Easily

And the people pedaling those rumors are the same people that said he'd never leave the NFL...

7 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Oh do you mean like:

98 2001 Ann Arbor Ohio State 26–20
99 2002 Columbus Ohio State (#2) 14–9
100 2003 Ann Arbor Michigan (#5) 35–21
101 2004 Columbus Ohio State 37–21
102 2005 Ann Arbor Ohio State (#9) 25–21
103 2006 Columbus Ohio State (#1) 42–39
104 2007 Ann Arbor Ohio State (#7) 14–3
105 2008 Columbus Ohio State (#10) 42–7
106 2009 Ann Arbor Ohio State (#9) 21–10
107 2010[1] Columbus Ohio State (#12) 37–7
108 2011 Ann Arbor Michigan (#15) 40–34
109 2012 Columbus Ohio State (#4) 26–21
110 2013 Ann Arbor Ohio State (#3) 42–41
111 2014 Columbus Ohio State (#6) 42–28
112 2015 Ann Arbor Ohio State (#8) 42–13
113 2016 Columbus Ohio State (#2) 30–272OT
114 2017 Ann Arbor Ohio State (#9) 31–20

It's not just JH, I actually hope that the rivalry gets a bit more bananced......a bit. GO BUCKEYES! 

This even amazed me in 13 of 15 of the above 15-2 run the BUCKEYES were a top 10 ranked team in the last game of the year prior to the bowls or national championship game. 

It's not all "m" is bad folks, it's that The OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BUCKEYES are a freakin juggernaut! 

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

A. Easily

And the people pedaling those rumors are the same people that said he'd never leave the NFL...

Fine. I don't think I would care much for him coaching the Browns either.   As for the "rumors"....I think they are based on the fact that some NFL teams may very well have approached him...or discussed it internally whether they would want him for their next coach (given the success he had with the 49ers).  

So...it is not likely "rumors" they are pedaling.  It is simply the reporting of what some NFL teams are thinking. Ergo the speculation.  Of course, you are correct however that these reports do NOT include what Harbaugh is thinking. 

And Michigan fan thinking they do not want him to leave is NOT the same as what Jim Harbaugh is thinking.  You/they don't know that any better than the guys doing the speculating about him leaving.

On 11/25/2017 at 7:25 PM, MLD Woody said:

Sigh

What to do?

Try winning the game maybe?

I for the life of me don't understand why anyone would want to see them successful just so the rivalry is better. The rivalry is the rivalry. 

I'd rather see Ohio State catch up in the all time series, which they are certainly on their way to.

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

I for the life of me don't understand why anyone would want to see them successful just so the rivalry is better. The rivalry is the rivalry. 

I'd rather see Ohio State catch up in the all time series, which they are certainly on their way to.

I agree. I want OSU to beat them into the ground. 

Too me it’s better this way. Seeing that team mediocre and irrelevant  is AWESOME.

Just as it is with pittspuke. I want them to suck and be terrible. 

7 hours ago, wargograw said:

Do you remember when they used to call the BIG TEN the big two and little eight? If you beat any of the eight it was a big "so what" it kind of still is with the expanded  bottom group minus maybe Wisconsin and Penn State. It does dilute your wins and prestige  nationally you hear about it CONSTANTLY now how great the SEC is.

And I much prefer a good ol' 11-0 battle of #1 OHIO STATE vs #2 "m" a whole lot more. Who wants to beat a perennial wienie every year? And I don't really care how "m" racked up all those wins pre 1900 hell they will still riding horses to the game back then. :lol:

.......then the BUCKEYES can whoop them, make sense? Eh?

9 hours ago, wargograw said:

Any edge that FMU has was gained in the very early years, when FMU was a powerhouse in football and OSU was actually, admittedly, only on the level with teams like Oberlin. They were a cupcake.   The record up to 1928  was that MU won 19, lost 3, and tied 2.

It was like Alabama taking on Mercer.    But, once Ohio State got into football seriously...they have pretty much dominated the series, since the late 20s...with only the John Cooper era being the only real downturn.

So, since the late 20s, OSU has dominated every decade...except the Cooper years....and the Bo/Woody years....when things were quite even.  It was Bo 5, Woody 4 with 1 tie.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Do you remember when they used to call the BIG TEN the big two and little eight? If you beat any of the eight it was a big "so what" it kind of still is with the expanded  bottom group minus maybe Wisconsin and Penn State. It does dilute your wins and prestige  nationally you hear about it CONSTANTLY now how great the SEC is.

And I much prefer a good ol' 11-0 battle of #1 OHIO STATE vs #2 "m" a whole lot more. Who wants to beat a perennial wienie every year? And I don't really care how "m" racked up all those wins pre 1900 hell they will still riding horses to the game back then. :lol:

.......then the BUCKEYES can whoop them, make sense? Eh?

Well, you could say in a sense that yes....we don't mind if TUN sucks forever.    I mean....look at the OSU/Indiana rivalry.   If you think about it, from a geographical standpoint that rivalry would be just as significant as the OSU/UM rivalry.  It isn't because Indiana sucks at football. But if it were the other way around....if Indiana were good and Mich. was bad, then it could have been the OSU/Ind. rivalry that was so great... 

So, no, I don't care if UM begins to be on a par with Indiana.    Besides....as I have always said....if it weren't for the people from Ohio that go to Michigan...then  Michigan would be on a level with Indiana.   Think about it:   Bo....from Ohio.  2 of the three UM Heisman winners:  Howard and Woodson, from Ohio. Even Harbaugh is from Ohio...born in Toledo.   

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, you could say in a sense that yes....we don't mind if TUN sucks forever.    I mean....look at the OSU/Indiana rivalry.   If you think about it, from a geographical standpoint that rivalry would be just as significant as the OSU/UM rivalry.  It isn't because Indiana sucks at football. But if it were the other way around....if Indiana were good and Mich. was bad, then it could have been the OSU/Ind. rivalry that was so great... 

So, no, I don't care if UM begins to be on a par with Indiana.    Besides....as I have always said....if it weren't for the people from Ohio that go to Michigan...then  Michigan would be on a level with Indiana.   Think about it:   Bo....from Ohio.  2 of the three UM Heisman winners:  Howard and Woodson, from Ohio. Even Harbaugh is from Ohio...born in Toledo.   

Yes if you go way back both here Ohio/Michigan and natonally Ohio was known as the "cradle of coaches" still is in many circles. 

Michigan coaches will readily tell you that, good high school coaches and football develops good talent even with a diminished population base from decades past.

On 11/29/2017 at 9:54 AM, The Gipper said:

Any edge that FMU has was gained in the very early years, when FMU was a powerhouse in football and OSU was actually, admittedly, only on the level with teams like Oberlin. They were a cupcake.   The record up to 1928  was that MU won 19, lost 3, and tied 2.

It was like Alabama taking on Mercer.    But, once Ohio State got into football seriously...they have pretty much dominated the series, since the late 20s...with only the John Cooper era being the only real downturn.

So, since the late 20s, OSU has dominated every decade...except the Cooper years....and the Bo/Woody years....when things were quite even.  It was Bo 5, Woody 4 with 1 tie.

I'm aware. But someone on here said they'd like the rivalry to be more balanced or some crap like that, i.e. Michigan win a few. Screw that. 

And yeah, I'd love to see my rivals go 0-12 every year. Maybe not LSU, but definitely Texas, and definitely Michigan.

11 hours ago, wargograw said:

I'm aware. But someone on here said they'd like the rivalry to be more balanced or some crap like that, i.e. Michigan win a few. Screw that. 

And yeah, I'd love to see my rivals go 0-12 every year. Maybe not LSU, but definitely Texas, and definitely Michigan.

Competitive yes so they are respected and highly ranked. ........BUT OHIO STATE STILL WINS! I'm not that generous vs "m". :lol:

On 11/29/2017 at 1:20 AM, wargograw said:

I don't give a sh!t what happened in Michigan's pre ww2 glory days. The rivalry being better helps in times like right now when the committee wants to gobble Nick Saban's miniature penis. If Michigan was a good win it would be harder to make a case for Alabama and their 11 wins over the sisters of St. Joseph. 

Not losing to Iowa (and Clemson last year) by 30 would help too. Just a thought.

Do you guys that are mad about this actually think Ohio State could beat Clemson this year? I mean honestly. There's not way you can look me in the eye and tell me that. This is a weak team by Ohio State standards. Come back better next year.

8 hours ago, wargograw said:

Not losing to Iowa (and Clemson last year) by 30 would help too. Just a thought.

Do you guys that are mad about this actually think Ohio State could beat Clemson this year? I mean honestly. There's not way you can look me in the eye and tell me that. This is a weak team by Ohio State standards. Come back better next year.

You never know. Lots of teams beat lots of other teams that no one thought they would beat.   Who thought Iowa would beat Ohio State?

Archived