THE BROWNS BOARD

Best outcome for Roy Moore

Westside Steve

He wins the seat in Alabama. Republicans keep the thin margin in the Senate. Start an Ethics investigation. If he's found guilty of anything illegal he gets the boot on the Republican governor appoints the replacement, most likely Luther Strange.

If he is exonerated he sues the living hell out of the accusers and the Washington Post.

I mean none of you, even on the left, want to see an innocent man railroaded right? Right?

WSS

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It would be an image problem for Reps that I'm sure most of you won't see. 

I would say Bama too... But...

The image problem will take care of itself if he sues and wins.

And if he really is innocent of these accusations you would obviously want the liars punished wouldn't you? 

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

The image problem will take care of itself if he sues and wins.

And if he really is innocent of these accusations you would obviously want the liars punished wouldn't you? 

WSS

Him potentially banging a 14 year old just overshadows all of the crazy Sheet he's said. THAT is an image problem. It is stereotypical Alabama. 

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Him potentially banging a 14 year old just overshadows all of the crazy Sheet he's said. THAT is an image problem. It is stereotypical Alabama. 

Yeah? Well apparently you think that just the allegation is enough to destroy somebody. Image problem? That attitude stereotypes whatever group you consider yourself a part of.

And potentially? That wasn't even part of the claim. So even you can't stop yourself from gross exaggeration.

WSS

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Yeah? Well apparently you think that just the allegation is enough to destroy somebody. Image problem? That attitude stereotypes whatever group you consider yourself a part of.

And potentially? That wasn't even part of the claim. So even you can't stop yourself from gross exaggeration.

WSS

There's a lot of you assuming what I said or think in that post

But I shouldn't be surprised

And I really should know better than to waste my time...

19 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Rates are the number of reported forcible rapes per 100,000 people.
1. New Jersey - 11.7
2. New York - 14.6
3. Virginia - 17.7
4. Vermont - 19.3
5. North Carolina - 20.3
6. Hawaii - 20.5
7. California - 20.6
8. Maryland - 21
9. Wisconsin - 21.3
10. Georgia - 21.4
11. West Virginia - 22.7
12. Massachusetts - 24.7
13. Missouri - 25.1
14. Louisiana - 25.2
15. Indiana - 25.5
16. Connecticut - 25.6
17. Pennsylvania - 26.1
18. Delaware - 26.5
19. Wyoming - 26.7
20. Alabama - 26.9
21. Florida - 27.2
22. Rhode Island - 27.4
23. Mississippi - 27.5
24. Illinois - 27.7
25. Maine - 28
26. Iowa - 28.3
27. Kentucky - 29
28. Oregon - 29.2
29. Texas - 29.6
30. Idaho - 30
31. Minnesota - 30.5
32. Tennessee - 31.5
33. Ohio - 31.7
34. Washington - 31.8
35. Utah - 33
36. Nevada - 33.7
37. New Hampshire - 34
38. Arizona - 34.7
39. South Carolina - 35.5
40. Kansas - 36.5
41. District of Columbia - 37.3
42. Montana - 37.7
43. Nebraska - 38.3
44. North Dakota 38.9
45. Colorado - 40.7
46. Oklahoma - 41.6
47. Arkansas - 42.3
48. New Mexico - 45.9
49. Michigan - 46.4
50. South Dakota - 70.2
51. Alaska - 79.7

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/03/opinion/sutter-alaska-rape-list/index.html

1 hour ago, htownbrown said:

Rates are the number of reported forcible rapes per 100,000 people.
1. New Jersey - 11.7
2. New York - 14.6
3. Virginia - 17.7
4. Vermont - 19.3
5. North Carolina - 20.3
6. Hawaii - 20.5
7. California - 20.6
8. Maryland - 21
9. Wisconsin - 21.3
10. Georgia - 21.4
11. West Virginia - 22.7
12. Massachusetts - 24.7
13. Missouri - 25.1
14. Louisiana - 25.2
15. Indiana - 25.5
16. Connecticut - 25.6
17. Pennsylvania - 26.1
18. Delaware - 26.5
19. Wyoming - 26.7
20. Alabama - 26.9
21. Florida - 27.2
22. Rhode Island - 27.4
23. Mississippi - 27.5
24. Illinois - 27.7
25. Maine - 28
26. Iowa - 28.3
27. Kentucky - 29
28. Oregon - 29.2
29. Texas - 29.6
30. Idaho - 30
31. Minnesota - 30.5
32. Tennessee - 31.5
33. Ohio - 31.7
34. Washington - 31.8
35. Utah - 33
36. Nevada - 33.7
37. New Hampshire - 34
38. Arizona - 34.7
39. South Carolina - 35.5
40. Kansas - 36.5
41. District of Columbia - 37.3
42. Montana - 37.7
43. Nebraska - 38.3
44. North Dakota 38.9
45. Colorado - 40.7
46. Oklahoma - 41.6
47. Arkansas - 42.3
48. New Mexico - 45.9
49. Michigan - 46.4
50. South Dakota - 70.2
51. Alaska - 79.7

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/03/opinion/sutter-alaska-rape-list/index.html

U know woody just went to school in michigan right? He was birn in ne ohio and now lives here. A little appreciation for educated grads coming home? Cause u know thats how economy functions, young people with disposable income....right?

if people like diehard drove the economy, the hills of west virginny would be like fukking silicon valley. Just a bubbling cauldron of wealth and culture. Drive through parma sometime and you'll see what a pocket of people like diehard do to property values.

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

U know woody just went to school in michigan right? He was birn in ne ohio and now lives here. A little appreciation for educated grads coming home? Cause u know thats how economy functions, young people with disposable income....right?

if people like diehard drove the economy, the hills of west virginny would be like fukking silicon valley. Just a bubbling cauldron of wealth and culture. Drive through parma sometime and you'll see what a pocket of people like diehard do to property values.

I don't care where he was 'birn'.  Personally I have no issue with Michigan or any northern states.  I'm just tired of this poon and others like him making egregious and erroneous statements when statistics clearly point in a different direction.  Science requires research to create theory, but Mr. Nye over here is apparently above all that.

Btw, that's the most Cosmopolitan Magazine definition of consumerism I think I've ever read here.  

Appreciation of grads coming home???  Shall I pat my own back too?  BFD.  I guess he's now qualified to make stuff up?

6 hours ago, htownbrown said:

So no one wants to address the real point?  Got it.

Anyways, I wasn't speaking about your body size, but I'm sure you knew that.

Since you always have a respectable take on most of these issues what do you think the real point is that's being ignored?

I have my own ideas but maybe yours are different?

WSS

Oh and just fyi, that list is of "reported" rapes. Its been conclusively shiwn now for decades that the vast majority of rapes and sexual assaults go unreported or take decades....as we see now. Those reports that are so old that no meaningful trial can come of it are not reported. 

So michigans spot on that list could be lower or they could be higher, we don't know. My reasonable take on this is that from state to state there are actually prob no meaningful differences in the "actual" incidence of rape.....i think that list shows more the womens proclivity to come forward

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Oh and just fyi, that list is of "reported" rapes. Its been conclusively shiwn now for decades that the vast majority of rapes and sexual assaults go unreported or take decades....as we see now. Those reports that are so old that no meaningful trial can come of it are not reported. 

So michigans spot on that list could be lower or they could be higher, we don't know. My reasonable take on this is that from state to state there are actually prob no meaningful differences in the "actual" incidence of rape.....i think that list shows more the womens proclivity to come forward

Ok then to make that argument you have to present some sort of reasoning.  According to the FBI, culture, economics, demographics, climate, and law enforcement capabilities are the factors to consider.

What in the he// would make a woman from Alaska almost 7x more likely to report rape then someone from New Jersey?  I was going to go with Alaska has a rape problem and New Jersey has a more promiscuous culture, but what do I know?  Apparently Jersey girls are just too fragile and scared to come forward compared to those vulnerable and isolated Alaskan women.  Makes perfect sense.  Not really.

Oh uh speaking of proclivity, why are you standing up for one of Woody's stupider arguments?  There is not one shred of evidence that suggests either of you know what your talking about on this subject based on what has been stated to this point.  

12 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Of course we were talking about stereotypes and that's one way they get started. And the other 49 states would be out of the same factors has Michigan if it's your intention to defend the state up north

WSS

Since i know nothing of alaskan culture besides some caucasian tootsie that ran things there for awhile and could see the kremlin from her back porch on clear sunny mornings.....i cannot comment

On 11/23/2017 at 3:34 PM, Westside Steve said:

https://names.mongabay.com/data/2010-male-to-female-sex-ratio-state.html

No idea if this has anything to do with it?

WSS

Damn Texas has the 3rd lowest % of age 65 and up. I think they all live near me because the Sun City crowd infests the local grocery store. Bunch of old senile bad drivers that even run you over with their grocery carts.:lol:

You know what the Sun City residents call it? God's Waiting Room.:P

We hear EMS going in and out of there all the time, so I call it the Sunset City Transportation Authority.^_^

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Damn Texas has the 3rd lowest % of age 65 and up. I think they all live near me because the Sun City crowd infests the local grocery store. Bunch of old senile bad drivers that even run you over with their grocery carts.:lol:

You know what the Sun City residents call it? God's Waiting Room.:P

We hear EMS going in and out of there all the time, so I call it the Sunset City Transportation Authority.^_^

Uh, good for you.?

WSS

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Uh, good for you.?

WSS

Well there is a greater exposure to old fogies medical needs here by medical teams, so there is that advantage for us 70+ers.:D

And there are now tons of nursing home/assisted living facilities up and down the main road from Sun City on in to old main street. Glad we both have long term care policies so the kids aren't entirely robbed of their inheritance.

22 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well there is a greater exposure to old fogies medical needs here by medical teams, so there is that advantage for us 70+ers.:D

And there are now tons of nursing home/assisted living facilities up and down the main road from Sun City on in to old main street. Glad we both have long term care policies so the kids aren't entirely robbed of their inheritance.

I think I might have lost track of what we disagree about or don't disagree about.

:)

We've had Medicare since the 60s. But if you want to be cold hearted about it we could be like the Dutch and just kick our own bucket if leaving a chunk of dough to the kids is the important thing.

Personally I'm on the screw the kids train.;)

WSS

Archived