THE BROWNS BOARD

No kidding??????

Westside Steve

58 minutes ago, Nero said:

Though I agree that we don't really know what really hoes* behind the scenes, I'd imagine he would say something more similar to 'He's a great asset to our team, has a great accuracy and has beaten his university's records.'

But saying 'You have to trust me on this one.' looks too personal for a coach dealing with the media after his front office picked a guy he didn't like surprising the entire league.

*EDIT: Yes, I wrote hoes, found that it's not censored, laughed and then decided to leave it like that.

Yes.....those are all options.  But I think, especially at that time before we started losing 90000 games that he was still a positive company guy.   You could be right though...I have no idea.

I had to read what you wrote three times to find the hoes...

21 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

I don't think so. I really think Hue wanted Kessler. And he got him and he didn't turn out like he thought. Sheet happens all the time. Is that hard to believe? we will never know of course. But I find it odd that it was a story and I believe there was video of him saying this as he got drafted. He sounded excited. 

I don't think any of us liked what we saw.   I wanted to like him and I wish it would've worked out, kinda like the other 3000 QB's we've had here since 1999. 

22 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

We'll see who he takes but the two guys he wanted most were black and they both sucked big time. Can't change a fact into racism unless you have a better explanation. Rosen is the best out there to fit this offense. He doesn't need another runner. He needs a pure passer.

The guy he wanted most was Jared Goff. That’s pretty common knowledge.

I’m not sure where you’re getting the fact that he wanted RG3 “the most”, unless you’re taking his one quote about RG3 (after we had already signed him) and using that as a basis for your narrative. And I’m not sure who the other black guy he “wanted most” is. It’s definitely not DeShone Kizer, and most reports say that Trubisky was at the top of this year’s list but we thought we could get him later.

I wonder who Rosen’s closest pro comp is....

39 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

I don't think so. I really think Hue wanted Kessler. And he got him and he didn't turn out like he thought. Sheet happens all the time. Is that hard to believe? we will never know of course. But I find it odd that it was a story and I believe there was video of him saying this as he got drafted. He sounded excited. 

I honestly don't think he gave his all in letting Kessler develope..

10 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I hear ya. I thought RG was all Huey's choosing. Maybe that's why he doesn't have input now?  And listening to someone like Dieken talk.....things ain't kosher in Berea. Reminds me of the Tribe dark ages. 60s, 70s, 80s, the stadium always had under 10,000 unless there was a big promo, the yankmes or home opener. 

I felt the earth move under my feet, I saw the sky come tumblin' down...    Dollar beer might get the fans back for the last couple games...   $2 bloody marys.  

9 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

Hue never said anything about taking a black QB in next years draft.  Not sure where that's coming from.

He might not even be around to pick...  

1 hour ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

There’s some sweet sweer racism right there

Get off that s**t TC, it isn't about racism, it's about how well a guy translates to the NFL.   I had a black roomie so don't f**king call me a racist. I have Jackson about the 5th best QB prospect out there- and race has nothing to do with it. 

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I felt the earth move under my feet, I saw the sky come tumblin' down...    Dollar beer might get the fans back for the last couple games...   $2 bloody marys.  

He might not even be around to pick...  

Get off that s**t TC, it isn't about racism, it's about how well a guy translates to the NFL.   I had a black roomie so don't f**king call me a racist. I have Jackson about the 5th best QB prospect out there- and race has nothing to do with it. 

“I have black friends so I’m not a racist” 

The racism doesn’t lie in the evaluation of him as a prospect, it lies in the statement that our black head coach apparently (in some weird alternate universe) liked two black quarterbacks over the good old white boys, which means we are going with a black guy again.

One, it’s not even factually correct. Two, it’s racist. Three, it’s dumb.

Then again, every post in here lately has fit into at least one of those three categories, so it’s not surprising.

8 hours ago, Mark O said:

I didn't say here...although its hard to imagine he wouldn't be better than Kessler looked last week.   

Kaepernick would have been "ok" from the beginning. Bringing him in now is just Retarded, he has no chance to make anything out of it. Tom brady would fail "hard" if he was somehow brought in this week and expected to start the nect game

25 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

The racism doesn’t lie in the evaluation of him as a prospect, it lies in the statement that our black head coach apparently (in some weird alternate universe) liked two black quarterbacks over the good old white boys, which means we are going with a black guy again.

Then again, every post in here lately has fit into at least one of those three categories, so it’s not surprising.

Okayyyyy... I get your POV.  Hue said "just trust me on the WHITE guy- Kessler. Know what that tells me TC? Don't get touchy about the race card. With a few exceptions, we've all gotten past that.  You think I hate Kizer because he's the wrong color? WRONG. I hate him because he SUCKS, and we never should have drafted this bum in the first place. Hue can't tell qb talent if it walked up to him and it bit him in the a$$. 

I don't have a crystal ball Tim. But I do know my draft prognostications since 1999 have been a damsite better than anything the Browns have done since then. At least in the first round- and that's 90% of the picks that matter. Just MHO Tim- Jackson isn't going to be the next Warren Moon. 

45 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Would racism be involved if any part of your decision to draft and promote a quarterback had anything whatsoever to do with race? Like making up for a perceived under representation at that particular position?

WSS

11 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

Hue never said anything about taking a black QB in next years draft.  Not sure where that's coming from.

You sure you don't know where that's coming from? Positive?

No idea at all where that could be coming from?

How long have you been reading some of the posts on this board? lol

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Jimmy will give in to Hue, he’s convinced him that the FO is handcuffing the team. 

And then we are Shmucked. 

Were Shmucked if we keep either one...

I called for Hue to be fired after 1 quarter of the 1st 2016 pre season game. He has not made one iota of a difference. He is gone. There is no way Black Uncle Fester is coming back in 2018.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Would racism be involved if any part of your decision to draft and promote a quarterback had anything whatsoever to do with race? Like making up for a perceived under representation at that particular position?

WSS

Do you think that is what has happenedDo you think that is what has happened

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Per our research It says that it's mission is to seek to have a more diverse NFL. Does that mean they will make an effort to have some white cornerbacks. We had this discussion Sunday. There is not a single white cornerback in the NFL at this time Per our research

5 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

The guy he wanted most was Jared Goff. That’s pretty common knowledge.

I’m not sure where you’re getting the fact that he wanted RG3 “the most”, unless you’re taking his one quote about RG3 (after we had already signed him) and using that as a basis for your narrative. And I’m not sure who the other black guy he “wanted most” is. It’s definitely not DeShone Kizer, and most reports say that Trubisky was at the top of this year’s list but we thought we could get him later.

Well he's built rather similar to Goff.  

The coach does not necessarily want more power but he wants more involvement in decisions made, specifically at the quarterback position. Jackson is reportedly fine with the power structure, which is led by Executive Vice President of Football Operations Sashi Brown.

One... this is cowpoop horsesh!t (Edit: I will not be censored!). Hue wants more say... especially at the QB position. His use of "involvement" is just a euphemism.

Two... it ain't happening for two reasons...

• More say means dedicating more time... time he needs to spend on his primary role... and his other two. The last thing you do as an employee is ask for more responsibility when you can't handle what you already have.
  • You simply do not weight input into a consensus process. Once you do it is over.
On 11/20/2017 at 7:50 AM, Westside Steve said:

Does anybody know if the front office wasn't all in with RG3? Doesn't seem like we're getting a straight answer as to who picked anybody? And it was most certainly a value selection, right?

All in? Probably not, but I do have no doubt that RG was a... say it with me... consensus signing. And it was a good one at the time... as you say a value signing.

16 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

I keep vacillating between Matty Ice and Rodgers..

I actually think it's kind of funny being accused of racism. Funny because I have been going to watch a black kid as a QB the last two years who is one of most gifted athletes I've ever seen anywhere since JFF who has led his team to district championships in 7th and last week 8th grade. He's only about 5'9" but he may still have a growth spurt in him so he can continue in that position. I've even asked A&M to follow him like they did Bama's current QB starting at that same age. And what I like most is not just his speed and agility, but his ability to throw on the run with vision that sees the whole field either in the pocket or on the run. Plus he's a team player. One play he had broken free and could have easily run it in for a TD, but he was still looking and zipped it to a WR he saw at the back of the far left of the endzone. I asked him after the game why he threw it instead of just easily trotting it in. His answer was exactly what you want to hear from a team first player, "He has worked so hard to get that open that I wanted my teammate to score the TD. I knew I could walk in but I like my guys to score too." Words to that effect from my memory of a year ago from a 7th grader mature in mind far above what anyone should expect. In the district championship game his coaches asked him to be more selfish with his running because he was going to have to carry the team on his legs against a very talented DB corps that would blanket his receivers. He reluctantly did as instructed until they called off the dogs with a 30 point lead. Amazing young man. But dammit his parents are from Ohio and they want him at OSU. That damn Urban Meyer is gonna find out about him just like Saban found out about Jalen Hurts from Texas.

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

One... this is cowpoop. Hue wants more say... especially at the QB position. His use of "involvement" is just a euphemism.

Two... it ain't happening for two reasons...

• More say means dedicating more time... time he needs to spend on his primary role... and his other two. The last thing you do as an employee is ask for more responsibility when you can't handle what you already have.
  • You simply do not weight input into a consensus process. Once you do it is over.

All in? Probably not, but I do have no doubt that RG was a... say it with me... consensus signing. And it was a good one at the time... as you say a value signing.

I keep vacillating between Matty Ice and Rodgers..

Oh, yeah. RG3 didn't seem like a bad pic but I don't think that's necessarily what we're talking about here. I think we're talking about possibly shtcanning players that the coach thinks he needs to be more successful than he has been. Even if, in your mind, consensus means Berry depodesta a dozen faceless Scouts and Brown versus Jackson.

;)

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You sure you don't know where that's coming from? Positive?

No idea at all where that could be coming from?

How long have you been reading some of the posts on this board? lol

I'm not talking about other posts on this board.  I'm talking about the link in this chat.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

By the way consensus is you and Cal and the Gipper voting on what kind of beer to drink.

:blink:

WSS

In this regard, this is not a Democracy, it is a Dictatorship.....The Choice is Guinness....and if the others aren't on board with that....then OFF with their "eads.

Guinness sucks... If we're going stout, then we are going Beamish...

... and we are not going stout. Unless with cal in the mix it's a root beer stout.

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Oh, yeah. RG3 didn't seem like a bad pic but I don't think that's necessarily what we're talking about here. I think we're talking about possibly shtcanning players that the coach thinks he needs to be more successful than he has been. Even if, in your mind, consensus means Berry depodesta a dozen faceless Scouts and Brown versus Jackson.

A consensus process doesn't involve "vs." or...

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

By the way consensus is you and Cal and the Gipper voting on what kind of beer to drink.

... voting.

26 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Guinness sucks... If we're going stout, then we are going Beamish...

... and we are not going stout. Unless with cal in the mix it's a root beer stout.

A consensus process doesn't involve "vs." or...

... voting.

Again....who said this was a "Consensus"......I AM your Sonny Weaver.....I control the vertical, I control the horizontal.

And it is Guinness no matter what.

Or you and Marie Antoinette will have a lot in common....and it won't be that you both like cake.

Archived