THE BROWNS BOARD

No kidding??????

Westside Steve

23 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well that seals it then. You can expect him to pass on the pro offense ready pocket passer Rosen in favor of the run ready black guy Jackson. RG IV anyone? How'd RG III work out from that input? 

Now you can fire him.:angry:

1 minute ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I look at all their misses on talent and wonder why they should even be considered to stay. 

I wouldn't bet $5 of your money on this, but if I did, I think Hue gets fired but the front office stays.

That way Haslam can send the dual message that people have to be accountable for such a godawful record, even for a complete rebuild, but that the Browns are capable of giving people more than two years. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I wouldn't bet $5 of your money on this, but if I did, I think Hue gets fired but the front office stays.

That way Haslam can send the dual message that people have to be accountable for such a godawful record, even for a complete rebuild, but that the Browns are capable of giving people more than two years. 

If I'm gonna lose $5, I'd rather bet it on Jimmy in a pen and a shiny new owner of the Browns in 2018. Stosh the berrypudpuller can be a trustee........then I wake up

48 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well that seals it then. You can expect him to pass on the pro offense ready pocket passer Rosen in favor of the run ready black guy Jackson. RG IV anyone? How'd RG III work out from that input? 

Does anybody know if the front office wasn't all in with RG3? Doesn't seem like we're getting a straight answer as to who picked anybody? And it was most certainly a value selection, right?

Plus when I heard that RG3 had his head on straight I really didn't have a problem with him. Injuries knocked him out of contention for a starting quarterback comeback.

On the other hand he did, at various times, pimp Kaepernick and Pryor as quarterbacks.

WSS

10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Does anybody know if the front office wasn't all in with RG3? Doesn't seem like we're getting a straight answer as to who picked anybody? And it was most certainly a value selection, right?

Plus when I heard that RG3 had his head on straight I really didn't have a problem with him. Injuries knocked him out of contention for a starting quarterback comeback.

On the other hand he did, at various times, pimp Kaepernick and Pryor as quarterbacks.

WSS

I hear ya. I thought RG was all Huey's choosing. Maybe that's why he doesn't have input now?  And listening to someone like Dieken talk.....things ain't kosher in Berea. Reminds me of the Tribe dark ages. 60s, 70s, 80s, the stadium always had under 10,000 unless there was a big promo, the yankmes or home opener. 

2 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I hear ya. I thought RG was all Huey's choosing. Maybe that's why he doesn't have input now?  And listening to someone like Dieken talk.....things ain't kosher in Berea. Reminds me of the Tribe dark ages. 60s, 70s, 80s, the stadium always had under 10,000 unless there was a big promo, the yankmes or home opener. 

Well if things aren't kosher in Berea looks like we can wave goodbye to Rosen. :lol:

WSS

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well if things aren't kosher in Berea looks like we can wave goodbye to Rosen. :lol:

WSS

From, Donovan, to Shaw and Pluto with some Drennan mixed in, I don't recall anything positive coming out about the team. I will say that Sipe is a S Cal guy and flourished here so screw the fair weather freaks that say the weather here is too brutal. 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hue never said anything about taking a black QB in next years draft.  Not sure where that's coming from.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I don't think we know anything about who is all in or all out on any of the players.   RGIII was definitely a low risk, potentially high upside signing.    It didn't work out and we moved on quickly from him.   Watching the games yesterday, its hard to believe that Kaepernick isn't on a roster.   There are some really shitty QB's in the NFL, can't tell me he isn't better than some of those stiffs that started yesterday.

I'll be dead honest.. I don't want anyone in this organization as it stands to make any kind of descision for this team.. I want them all fired!

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I don't think we know anything about who is all in or all out on any of the players.   RGIII was definitely a low risk, potentially high upside signing.    It didn't work out and we moved on quickly from him.   Watching the games yesterday, its hard to believe that Kaepernick isn't on a roster.   There are some really shitty QB's in the NFL, can't tell me he isn't better than some of those stiffs that started yesterday.

Bringing Krapernick would be devastating...  I don't want that scumbag muther phucker wthin 1 mile of berea.. this team has enough cancer...

Just now, nickers said:

Bringing Krapernick would be devastating...  I don't want that scumbag muther phucker wthin 1 mile of berea.. this team has enough caner...

I didn't say here...although its hard to imagine he wouldn't be better than Kessler looked last week.   

3 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

Hue never said anything about taking a black QB in next years draft.  Not sure where that's coming from.

Based purely on history, not anything said. Loved him some RG III (fail). Loved him some Kaiser (fail). Sometimes the math adds up to 3 when you look backwards going forwards.

26 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Based purely on history, not anything said. Loved him some RG III (fail). Loved him some Kaiser (fail). Sometimes the math adds up to 3 when you look backwards going forwards.

Explain him wanting Kessler. 

I'd take Kaep on this team. Not as the answer but a backup. There's plenty of quarterbacks out there who have done worse that start... 

3 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

Explain him wanting Kessler.

I'm not so sure he ever wanted Kessler, but if you have evidence to the contrary please post it. I thought he was strictly one of those FO picks that Hue had a problem with. It had too early written all over it.

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can't see how Hue survives the inevitable 1-31, 2-30 that is coming.

At this point, the question should be if the front office goes too...

CYA move.......but it won't work.  

throwing the FO under the bus:  "I can't work with the guys they give me".   

Horseshit....I attribute at least 4 of these losses directly on his poor coaching.

4 hours ago, Mark O said:

Why isn't he on the Browns roster?  He is twice as good as anyone we have.

Sashi having the final say on draft picks is wrong...and dont get me started on the baseball guy ....... why dont we get Joe Girardi in to run the next draft ?

4 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Sashi having the final say on draft picks is wrong...and dont get me started on the baseball guy ....... why dont we get Joe Girardi in to run the next draft ?

No.....HC would be more apt.

Better yet...I know....why don't we have Terry Francona do both jobs:  manage the Indians and coach the Browns.

Couldn't do no worse.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm not so sure he ever wanted Kessler, but if you have evidence to the contrary please post it. I thought he was strictly one of those FO picks that Hue had a problem with. It had too early written all over it.

https://articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/04/usc_quarterback_cody_kessler_d_1.amp

3 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

Again...what else was he going to say?   This kid is a stiff and I wish we hadn't picked him but the FO told me we are taking him??   He might truly have believed he'd be good or he might have just been being the company guy and selling the draft pick to the media and the fans.   We will never know the truth of what really goes on behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Again...what else was he going to say?   This kid is a stiff and I wish we hadn't picked him but the FO told me we are taking him??   He might truly have believed he'd be good or he might have just been being the company guy and selling the draft pick to the media and the fans.   We will never know the truth of what really goes on behind the scenes.

Though I agree that we don't really know what really hoes* behind the scenes, I'd imagine he would say something more similar to 'He's a great asset to our team, has a great accuracy and has beaten his university's records.'

But saying 'You have to trust me on this one.' looks too personal for a coach dealing with the media after his front office picked a guy he didn't like surprising the entire league.

*EDIT: Yes, I wrote hoes, found that it's not censored, laughed and then decided to leave it like that.

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

There’s some sweet sweer racism right there

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

I don't think so. I really think Hue wanted Kessler. And he got him and he didn't turn out like he thought. Sheet happens all the time. Is that hard to believe? we will never know of course. But I find it odd that it was a story and I believe there was video of him saying this as he got drafted. He sounded excited. 

27 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

There’s some sweet sweer racism right there

We'll see who he takes but the two guys he wanted most were black and they both sucked big time. Can't change a fact into racism unless you have a better explanation. Rosen is the best out there to fit this offense. He doesn't need another runner. He needs a pure passer.

Archived