THE BROWNS BOARD

The Hoorta goes Ghoolie...

hoorta

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Alkid3 said:

You guys need to stop with this man crush you guys have on Hogan. He's terrible. Kessler is better than him. 

Did you bother watching him when Kizer got hurt? 

4 hours ago, Mark O said:

There's no one here hitching anything long term to Kizer,  but as bad as he played, he's still the best option we've got on this team.

There are no good options Mark....  the McCarron fiasco proved Hue & the guys have zero confidence in Kizer. I know how you feel about Hogan, but if we're on the 0-16 train- (sure looks that way) it doesn't matter WHO is playing Qb.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

If true, then horrta goes "Ignore"...

Come on Tour- can't take a little realism? I'll lead the cheers. (((()))) :)  FWIW, if I had been in the the draft room last April, I would have gotten out a 9mm and told those idiots you draft Kizer, I start shooting....  BTW, Garrett, Peppers, and Njoku were fine...  But hell's bells- take somebody- anybody- but this stiff. I wasn't alone in my opinion- my co-season ticket holder thought exactly the same... See above- they KNOW they f-ed up on Kizer, just not willing to admit it. Better off paying the Ostrich to stick around and take their lumps. 

Oh and ten!!! We did it again!!!

Oh an eleven feels like heaven!!!

Here's my take, Hue's jumping in the Lake.   (he might get saved, because he didn't say anything about 2-14, or 0-16.)  :D

Rag on me all you want- MHO is the light bulb is NEVER going to come on for Deshone. Just listening to 20 seconds of his post game presser- he knows it too. 

6 hours ago, nickers said:

Drew Brees..  P.Manning to name a couple..Brady is not exactly a long ball thrower...

are you insinuating Manning had a noodle arm? yeah his last year when his arm was falling off. But when he first came into the league his arm was strong. Not farve strong but still a very strong above avg arm.

32 minutes ago, hoorta said:

There are no good options Mark....  the McCarron fiasco proved Hue & the guys have zero confidence in Kizer. I know how you feel about Hogan, but if we're on the 0-16 train- (sure looks that way) it doesn't matter WHO is playing Qb.

Rag on me all you want- MHO is the light bulb is NEVER going to come on for Deshone. Just listening to 20 seconds of his post game presser- he knows it too. 

Yes I watched the entire first half of the Texans game and saw the passes took hours to reach the receivers on the out patterns and I saw the INT's and a guy who looked like a deer in the headlights when facing a team that had a week to prepare for him.   He wasn't good.  Kizer isn't good either and Kessler is just a smaller version of Bortles, starts bailing out even before the pressure gets to him.  Kizer is still the best of the 3 headed suck monsters we have for QB choices and I'm not the least bit confident he will ever "get it" but of the choices we have, he's the best to be starting the rest of the year.   No it probably doesn't matter who starts.  I don't really care either way which one of these guys starts each week but if it were my choice, I'd rather see Kizer play because he at least has the best chance to do something good.  The only time Hogan has done anything good is when the game was long out of reach and playing against a soft defense.

8 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Yes I watched the entire first half of the Texans game and saw the passes took hours to reach the receivers on the out patterns and I saw the INT's and a guy who looked like a deer in the headlights when facing a team that had a week to prepare for him.   He wasn't good.  Kizer isn't good either and Kessler is just a smaller version of Bortles, starts bailing out even before the pressure gets to him.  Kizer is still the best of the 3 headed suck monsters we have for QB choices and I'm not the least bit confident he will ever "get it" but of the choices we have, he's the best to be starting the rest of the year.   No it probably doesn't matter who starts.  I don't really care either way which one of these guys starts each week but if it were my choice, I'd rather see Kizer play because he at least has the best chance to do something good.  The only time Hogan has done anything good is when the game was long out of reach and playing against a soft defense.

You keep saying this but no matter how many times you say it, it's not going to make it true. 

Hoorta said, "When Kizer was injured." Not the one game when Kizer was BENCHED. His passes took hours to get to the receivers? How is it that he nailed passes on the Ravens with zip and accuracy but then "because the D had a week to prepare for him" it somehow MAGICALLY weakens his arm. It's just nonsense. 

Hogan simply had ONE BAD GAME, or depending how you look at it, ONE BAD QUARTER... Kizer has had 8 BAD GAMES and one OKAY game.  

Hogan is better than both Kizer and Kessler put together.

3 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

0-16 is exactly what we want 

It sucks. But that’s the best thing for the Browns. 

No, it's not. & it's not what the team wants either. From another post\quote:  "McCourty acknowledged that the losing has been hard on everyone." The object isn't to play for the #1 overall draft pick. The NBA instituted the draft lottery specifically because teams WERE deliberately tanking to get the #1 overall.  There's a HUGE difference there, because in the NBA getting a guy like-ahem- LeBron can change you from cellar suckage to NBA Champions in a year or so. We're still 0-10 with Garrett, see the difference? 

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Hogan simply had ONE BAD GAME, or depending how you look at it, ONE BAD QUARTER... Kizer has had 8 BAD GAMES and one OKAY game.  

Hogan is better than both Kizer and Kessler put together.

I was at that game. Hogan didn't play well but the coach's playcalling didn't help him at all either. Still though, it was one game, not a whole season like Kizer got (just to show progress).

6 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I cannot agree less. 

This team needs to get wins. And not only the players, but the coaching staff and the front office too. 

The players because going 1-31 is tough. You are trying to improve and you go winless in year 2? They have to play ther butts off every sunday and tackle and expose their body to one of the most physical sports in the world. If they don't end up winning, is it worth the pain? Will next year change anything? You can be dangerously setting up a 'losing culture' where it doesn't matter if we win or lose, because "what's important is the draft". 

You cannot expect them to win 6-8 games next year after not winning a single one the previous season.

The coaching staff needs some wins too, because their job is at stake. Being a coach demands a lot of time, and most probably in their career they'll have to work for different teams. How you make a presentation to the next team? 'Hey, I'm the coach/assistant of that team that went 1-31' How can they work their butts off if losing every game becomes acceptable? You have to set the bar higher so they learn to jump higher. You don't lower the bar to see if they finally can jump over it. 

About the Front Office, you could say that their job is the safest among all three groups, as their plan has to show results years later than everyone else. But if you make that reasoning, you're wrong. If we go 0-16, I'd bet that the coach that this FO chose is going to get fired. Getting a new coach is not like changing the tyres of your car, many things can go wrong. I know Sean McVay has been a hell of a change for the Rams, but many coaches need their time, and this FO won't have time next year. 

Also, they have to show results PERIODICALLY. The progression cannot be 1-15, 0-16... Whatever. You can, no,  you MUST expect this year 2 team to be better than year 1. And you can't put all the blame on the coach. Teams lose and win either because many people do their job wrong or right. That's why it's a team sport. 

And last but not least, this FO has made sure they have more draft picks than anyone else in the league, so I expect them to use them in the best possible way whether the pick is #1, #2 or #6. And don't worry, this year you won't need to go winless to get the first pick. 

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

You laid out the perfect example on why the Browns must have the # 1 pick. Lebron = Next great NFL QB.

6 - 10 does not help the team next season and takes them out of the best QB lottery.

Yes, But. You have to have a game changer sitting there for you @ #1 overall. I mentioned in basketball you only have five starters. Football, twenty two. Us getting our defensive LeBron hasn't won us a game yet. Colts getting Luck hasn't won them a Super bowl yet. I sure hope "The Guy" the next Elway, Montana, or Brady will be there when we pick come spring 2018. We're due for some luck for a change.

Worst record in history equals the worst leadership in history. It all starts and ends with the front office. Deep six the bunch of them. Go conventional. Hire Bernie as GM. Let him evaluate and hire the HC. Then supply said HC with real football players instead of numbers. They've taken their anal ytical concept way to far and have completely left out the human nature of football players. All we seem to have so far is a handful of average NFL talent and then its just suckage. Hue doesn't help either. Worst fail in history!

Numerology = B. S.

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Come on Tour- can't take a little realism? I'll lead the cheers. (((()))) :)  FWIW, if I had been in the the draft room last April, I would have gotten out a 9mm and told those idiots you draft Kizer, I start shooting....  BTW, Garrett, Peppers, and Njoku were fine...  But hell's bells- take somebody- anybody- but this stiff. I wasn't alone in my opinion- my co-season ticket holder thought exactly the same... See above- they KNOW they f-ed up on Kizer, just not willing to admit it. Better off paying the Ostrich to stick around and take their lumps. 

Oh and ten!!! We did it again!!!

Oh an eleven feels like heaven!!!

Here's my take, Hue's jumping in the Lake.   (he might get saved, because he didn't say anything about 2-14, or 0-16.)  :D

Yes he over threw his receivers. Didn't play at all like when he came in at the second half. Although Kessler is nothing more than a game manager who can't get a pass out more than 20 yards. He was safe with the ball. I'll take Kessler over Hogan. Imo. But yes all our qbs need work. That's obvious. 

1 hour ago, Alkid3 said:

Yes he over threw his receivers. Didn't play at all like when he came in at the second half. Although Kessler is nothing more than a game manager who can't get a pass out more than 20 yards. He was safe with the ball. I'll take Kessler over Hogan. Imo. But yes all our qbs need work. That's obvious. 

Neither one seems overly bright or talented. Deep six the bunch of em and start over.

7 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

We need to draft a real QB.

We had the chances but floundered them..

Darnold isn't going to want to come to this dumpster fire of a team.

Sam Darnold needs to do himself a favor and go back to school for his redshirt junior year. He regressed this season, was a turnover machine.

9 hours ago, PoeticG said:

You keep saying this but no matter how many times you say it, it's not going to make it true. 

Hoorta said, "When Kizer was injured." Not the one game when Kizer was BENCHED. His passes took hours to get to the receivers? How is it that he nailed passes on the Ravens with zip and accuracy but then "because the D had a week to prepare for him" it somehow MAGICALLY weakens his arm. It's just nonsense. 

I saw the atrocious interception he threw against the Ravens as well.   Did you forget about that one?

Hogan sucks....he aint Matt Ryan....he aint even Buddy Ryan.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Sam Darnold needs to do himself a favor and go back to school for his redshirt junior year. He regressed this season, was a turnover machine.

Darnold isn't even the best college QB in LA...that is Josh Rosen.   I don't think Darnold is coming out anyways.  I would bet nearly anything that Rosen comes out especially with the coach fired yesterday.

5 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Kizer:  16-32 for 179 yards.  1 TD, 2 INT.  Browns:  5 turnovers total.  

Attendance:  57,003.  Pitiful.

I'm surprised there were that many there the upper deck looked pretty empty.

2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Hoorta has not gone black Tarkenton yet.

1 more game should do it.

LOL, I'll let Ghoolie own that one. I have to wonder what sort of odds Vegas is giving the Browns now to go 0-16.

Speakingof the next Black Tarkenton, I give you Lamar Jackson.

2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Hoorta has not gone black Tarkenton yet.

1 more game should do it.

He hasn't gone to that well probably because it makes no sense, as most of the drivel Ghoolie pounds out on his keyboard.

Kizer is not a good NFL QB at this time (or possibly any time), but you can't complain that a QB holds the ball too long and gets sacks AND runs at the first sign of trouble.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

I saw the atrocious interception he threw against the Ravens as well.   Did you forget about that one?

Hogan sucks....he aint Matt Ryan....he aint even Buddy Ryan.

Or Irene Ryan. . .

image.png.a497e3271ff272af732cbeb8b65e2633.png

31 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

He hasn't gone to that well probably because it makes no sense, as most of the drivel Ghoolie pounds out on his keyboard.

Kizer is not a good NFL QB at this time (or possibly any time), but you can't complain that a QB holds the ball too long and gets sacks AND runs at the first sign of trouble.

Sad thing is with decent QB play, the Browns win that game. Rare that you can pin a loss on one player, but the Jags game I think you can.

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Sad thing is with decent QB play, the Browns win that game. Rare that you can pin a loss on one player, but the Jags game I think you can.

You'd say that's only on Kizer? The offensive line was man handled the entire game and the receivers have some drops. And I still think Hue doesn't get the best of this offense (which isn't much, but I believe is more than we get to see).

14 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Count me out on the "we."

WTF man, I want my team winning. Our fan base is getting dumb.

30 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Very true....of course devils advocate....the Jags with decent QB play are probably a potential super bowl team but with Bortles doing Bortles things...they'll get bounced quickly in the playoffs if they make it.

18 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Count me out on the "we."

WTF man, I want my team winning. Our fan base is getting dumb.

I don't think the base is dumb. Maybe numb, but most people are sick of the Haslam BS.

I have decided that I am against firing the whole FO now.  I am entirely for burning at the stake, walking the plank into a frigid lake Erie, keelhauling, guillotine, tar and featheriing every stinking one tho.

12 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I don't think the base is dumb. Maybe numb, but most people are sick of the Haslam BS.

I have decided that I am against firing the whole FO now.  I am entirely for burning at the stake, walking the plank into a frigid lake Erie, keelhauling, guillotine, tar and featheriing every stinking one tho.

I hear you. All the losing is taking it's toll. It seems 95% of all the chatter is "Fire this guy, fire that guy," or "Draft this guy, draft that guy."

4-43 will do that to us. 3-13, 1-15, 0-10 last 3 seasons. 38-116 since 2008. 

And some people want 0-16 and some stupid-butt PARADE for 0-16. THAT IS DUMB, STUPID. SORRY I"M EFFING YELLING IN CAPS

7 hours ago, Nero said:

Also, they have to show results PERIODICALLY. The progression cannot be 1-15, 0-16... Whatever. You can, no,  you MUST expect this year 2 team to be better than year 1. And you can't put all the blame on the coach. Teams lose and win either because many people do their job wrong or right. That's why it's a team sport. 

Nero with some solid logic. Couldn't agree more bro. It's one thing to see progress by the defense playing a little better, it's another thing to see progress in the form of wins.

We cannot regress and get worse at this point, even if we made any changes we couldn't get worse than our record is now. If Hue wins out the last six games, or even the last 3 or four, it would give us some fire and progression. "Kizer played, well, only threw one interception and we lost by 3" simply isn't good enough anymore. The Vikings have Sam Bradford, Terry Bridgewater, and Case Keenum playing lights out now, and we have a 21 year old from Toledo with one of the worst rookie seasons statistically in history. If Jimmy thinks 1-24 is a solid product, well, he's going to lose some of us.

Archived