THE BROWNS BOARD

The Hoorta goes Ghoolie...

hoorta

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

And if that is true, I would be hesitant to draft him too.

There seems to be a lot of differing views on Rosen regarding his character. I like his talent, but a month ago mentioned that some things I read about him worries me. I hope to have a clearer picture of Josh Rosen in the upcoming months. On the field, there's a lot to like.

I mean his teammates seem to like him, I don't agree with the reports that they dislike him. But he's known to do partyboy Sheet and not give a f$%^ and replied with "i'm not fifty". Not saying because his parents are multimillionaires that life was any easier for him or that he could of been spoiled, but it's quite possible he was always told he was a "golden boy" and always got his way. When a good friend of mine has seen EVERY game he's played in (and is a UCLA alumni and part of the football club) and tells me that the Browns should stay FAR away from him it shoots a red flag to me. I could be wrong, but I'm biased man. I like kids that have gone through tough times and adversity. I like kids who overcome obstacles. If Rosen was leading UCLA to a championship i'm sure i'd be on a different tone.

That being said I don't think it's fair to compare Baker or Rosen to Manziel because he was a complete different person. I might be biased in wanting a midwest QB for the Browns, but I think they'd appreciate Cleveland, the culture, and the fans more than someone who grew up super rich in Sunny California.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dutch Oven said:

First, Brees and Manning had/have average QB arms. Not weak. (With the exception of Manning at the end of his career with Denver)

And I brought up the point that the idea of Hogan making throws - in my initial post - on the lakefront in mid-November made me laugh.

But feel free to hitch your wagon to noodle-arm QBs... Colt McCoy, Brian Hoyer and Kevin Hogan thank you!

Feel free to hitch your wagon to DeShit Kizer who should be DeShown the door out of Cleveland...

First, Brees and Manning had/have average QB arms. Not weak. (With the exception of Manning at the end of his career with Denver)

And I brought up the point that the idea of Hogan making throws - in my initial post - on the lakefront in mid-November made me laugh.

But feel free to hitch your wagon to noodle-arm QBs... Colt McCoy, Brian Hoyer and Kevin Hogan thank you!

It would seem that we in Cleveland as fans have gotten a strange infatuation with weak armed, spunky, white QB's who try really hard but just aren't that good.   Besides the 3 you mention...we've had Charlie Frye and Cody Kessler as well as I'm sure some others I've forgotten.

1 minute ago, nickers said:

Feel free to hitch your wagon to DeShit Kizer who should be DeShown the door out of Cleveland...

There's no one here hitching anything long term to Kizer,  but as bad as he played, he's still the best option we've got on this team.

Just now, Mark O said:

It would seem that we in Cleveland as fans have gotten a strange infatuation with weak armed, spunky, white QB's who try really hard but just aren't that good.   Besides the 3 you mention...we've had Charlie Frye and Cody Kessler as well as I'm sure some others I've forgotten.

It's the "Matt Dellavadova Effect", but in football.

It's the "Matt Dellavadova Effect", but in football.

Dellavadova was missed this year.. bad comparison...

And to the surprise of no one, this debate devolves into this....

What!.. You finally ran out of stupid things to say"... Not surprised...

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

What!.. You finally ran out of stupid things to say"... Not surprised...

I should have stopped when someone was dumb enough to think Brian Sipe has something, ANYTHING, to do with the NFL in 2017.

I should have stopped when someone was dumb enough to think Brian Sipe has something, ANYTHING, to do with the NFL in 2017.

I never said he had anything to do with 2017.. I guess I was wrong. You do have more stupid $hit to say...

Just now, nickers said:

I never said he had anything to do with 2017.. I guess I was wrong. You do have more stupid $hit to say...

You literally said that a weak-armed Kevin Hogan could succeed in poor weather on the shores of Lake Erie in 2017 because Brian Sipe had done so nearly 40 years ago.

This is getting sad, nickers.

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

Peyton manning had flawless work ethic. Flawless. I've talked to many people that watch every UCLA game and live in Southern California, and not many of them at all think Rosen is a pro-ready QB. He does have an awesome arm, but most think it's his personality and work ethic that will ultimately hurt him.

At least with Baker he backs it up by winning. People are loving hating him now, but the Kansas dudes didn't even shake his hand. 

Article on Rosen

http://thebiglead.com/2017/05/04/nfl-scout-and-executive-on-josh-rosen-tons-of-issues-and-a-mess-off-the-field/

Not to say I can predict what will happen, but Rosen comes from rich parents in southern california, and mayfield comes from the midwest. I doubt Rosen, will be able to play competitively in the cold as well as a midwest QB.

Yes, it gets fahking frigid in those domes.

Kizer played well. Coleman dropped a key pas while we were gaining Mo. Kessler and Hogan suck Niekro Diick. 6 games, lots of football to play. 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

You want to win a game this year? I'm on to PO train- bench Kizer and start Hogan- he's our best chance if you don't want to go down with the Lions at 0-16. 

0-16 is exactly what we want 

It sucks. But that’s the best thing for the Browns. 

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

0-16 is exactly what we want 

It sucks. But that’s the best thing for the Browns. 

Only if its a QB that is drafted #1 overall.  Whoever that QB turns out to be.   Otherwise, the team needs to win some games.

10 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Only if its a QB that is drafted #1 overall.  Whoever that QB turns out to be.   Otherwise, the team needs to win some games.

I hope they don’t reach for a QB just because they think their job depends on it. That never works out. 

Just now, LondonBrown said:

I hope they don’t reach for a QB just because they think their job depends on it. That never works out. 

True enough....but no matter what Kizer does the rest of the way, this team needs a QB.  None of them are any good.   One of these dudes coming out of college has to be good enough to be the guy.   Unless it's Cousins or KC might be willing to part with Alex Smith.

5 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

They’ll draft a QB high even if they sign a Cousins imo. 

I could end up being wrong, but I just can't see Cousins having any interest in joining the Browns.

Sure, money talks, but I'm sure some other team that won more than one game in the last two seasons will gladly pony up big money for him too.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I could end up being wrong, but I just can't see Cousins having any interest in joining the Browns.

Sure, money talks, but I'm sure some other team that won more than one game in the last two seasons will gladly pony up big money for him too.

You'd think.   Jacksonville has to also be a team that needs a guy.  

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

You'd think.   Jacksonville has to also be a team that needs a guy.  

Not saying this is a team that will be making a run at Cousins, but you have to wonder what the Steelers are thinking regarding Ben and their future at the QB position.

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not saying this is a team that will be making a run at Cousins, but you have to wonder what the Steelers are thinking regarding Ben and their future at the QB position.

I'd guess you have to see how the season plays out and what the drama queen wants to do.    They might need to pick one early just so they have a guy.

Archived