THE BROWNS BOARD

An Honest Question: What is it about this FO....

nickers

19 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Sooo you have no explanation. Got it. Thanks.

Meanwhile you assume firing everyone would work even though we have LOTS of history that it won't. So your arguments are just as absurd (and I would argue moreso) as you think mine are.

Yeah let's scrap the defense and have Garrett play LB in some crappy 3-4 next year. Great plan!

So you have no answer either. Thanks.

And you are a complete waste of sperm...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I don't think Hue has been set up for success by this front office, and an argument could be made that this was done on purpose. Not saying the FO has been trying to sabotage Hue, but winning NOW obviously isn't the top priority. I get this.

But Hue hasn't exactly helped himself either. He's made decisions that are just flat-out baffling at times.

Hue said it's about winning- the aborted McCarron trade says so.   Get ready for the Hoorta blow up.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Since you artfully framed the question to get either get the support you wanted or the ability to attack any who don't play along, first let me add this to your "set up"... I mean... premise.

If my hypothetical company had performed as the Browns have since '99 and I bought it in 2012 and tried to tinker around the edges for four years with no real hint of sustainable success, yes, I would stick with this management group, this organizational approach and with this plan for at least four years.

Now... "sticking with the plan" does not protect every single job in that management group, but the visible heads, the heads you want to see roll are all safe. Although in one case, Hue's case, his continued employment comes with strings attached... namely, as I have written before, with him reducing his distractions from being this franchise's HC. Could be adding an OC... could be adding a "bench coach". But some position has to be added to get him to focus on the team as a whole and his QB rearing in particular. He can continue to call plays, but when the D is on the field he stays focused on his young QB(s).

Sorry Tour. Jimmy tried something different- and it blew up in his face. Ag said it- and I agree, Hue is in over his head. You want my crystal ball? Mr. Nice Guy players coach Huless the Clueless gets canned for a Tom Coughlin clone. Shashi is toast in his current position.  

42 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Of the 13 players you listed. About 3-4 if them would be starters on a good team. 

FIRE THEM ALL JIMMY 

How about you name the ones who wouldn’t start for what teams, and the players that would start over them.

Collins, Kirksey, Shelton, Garrett, Ogbah, McCourty and BBC would all start for almost any team in the league today. Peppers would start at SS for at least half of the team in the NFL. Coley would start for half the teams in the NFL

7 of those 9 were acquired by this FO.

3/5 of our starting offensive line would start for nearly every team in the NFL. The fourth would start for at least half the teams.

2 of those 4 were acquired by this FO. 

That’s 9 easy starters right there. 

Trying to make the argument that we haven’t added young, solid talent is stupid. 

23 hours ago, Bob806 said:

IF Peyton Manning is getting hired, as say the President of operations, he will interview these guys, and learn  the philosophy or plan they (DePodesta, Sashi)

First, I don't see Sashi being here if Manning were brought in.

Secondly, why is Peyton Manning qualified to be the President of a football team?  Because he played QB?  Is it his degree in Speech Communication?  Or is it his commercial where he's playing a guitar wah-wah with his hands?

25 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Everywhere but the 1-25 football you want everyone to celebrate with you for some bizarre reason.  Legally Blind's QB is leading the NFL in turnovers so thank God he's at least spoiled you rotten with 5 TD passes.  Feel free to throw him a parade and report back what a terrific fan you are because of it. 

Aight.

20 minutes ago, nickers said:

And you are a complete waste of sperm...

Still waiting.

47 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Here’s 17 reasons:

Myles Garrett

Jabrill Peppers

David Njoku

Corey Coleman

Emmanuel Ogbah

Carl Nassib

Shon Coleman

Jamie Collins

Trevon Coley

Larry Ogunjobi

Jason McCourty

Briean Boddy-Calhoun

Seth DeValve

Josh Rosen

The Other First Round Pick Next Year

Our Second Round Pick Next Year

The Other Second Round Pick Next Year

The FO has given this coaching staff more individual talent than any of our last regimes. This coaching staff, specifically the offense, hasn’t been able to do jack Sheet with it. The fault lies with Hue, not on the FO.

If you can’t understand that, well...nevermind. Nobody around here really expects you to understand that.

This regime will be happy to know they have you and War changing your underwear 4-5 times a game while we only need wait on the forward pass until their 3rd season.  How dare any of us demand any more than that... 

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

First, I don't see Sashi being here if Manning were brought in.

Secondly, why is Peyton Manning qualified to be the President of a football team?  Because he played QB?  Is it his degree in Speech Communication?  Or is it his commercial where he's playing a guitar wah-wah with his hands?

I already put the 0-16 parade link on my facebook page, Hue, I'm holding you to jump in the Lake. Looking better and better by the week...  

The losses don't hurt anymore- but I have some anger in certain areas....   

17 minutes ago, Orion said:

He may not be, but like I wrote, he's a "football guy" and would bridge some PR time.

On 11/18/2017 at 1:02 PM, nickers said:

That some of you are willing to let this Sheet show go on.. They are 1-25 at this point.. What do you have in your crystal balls that makes you think these idiots will be successful... Me personally..Theres not one valid reason to keep these schmucks if they go 1-15 again..

I really want to ask.. I'm sure some of you own companies, or small business or hold positions of management.. Be honest.. If someone on your payroll performed like these dimwits have.. Tell me that you honestly would keep them...

Mah Nikkaz................Remember, after 1 quarter of the first 2016 pre-season game I announced vehemently that this head coach was a mistake, and the FO would prove to be a total failure. The foibles, gaffs, stupidity and failures of this organization in every aspect from the draft, to play calling, to the uniforms has been a failure beyond the need to even debate this. Myles Garret, Corey Coleman, DeShone Kizer, on and on it goes.

Still, as you point out, at 1 - 25, there are still people here who honestly believe that this is what a rebuild looks like. How do you even debate this kind of mindset? What is the point of it? Are these people idiots? Well, no, Nick, what they are, and I mean this respectfully, are fans; this makes them simpletons. Browns fans are unique simpletons. They actually believe that there is something special about this franchise that none of the other 31 teams and fans are even smart enough to understand....even if we explain it to them.

What you have among Cleveland fans, largely, is a real-world enactment of the fable "The King Has No Clothes" . Love for the team is such that fans will fabricate make-believe analytics and viewpoints to assure themselves that we really, really, really have it together, but people just don't see yet the glory that is just moments, maybe one more draft away.

When I slammed the (IDIOTIC) drafting of Joe Thomas, I was blasted. I have been blasted all along for daring to suggest that he was a waste of a pick and had no positive impact on the Browns. So............now as his light is just about out, his body used up, his team worse off than when he arrived, the Browns again will need a LT.

It only takes one year to rebuild an NFL football team. Two years to go from nothing to playoffs.We see it over and over, and surely, we see the difference a great QB can make. BUT BUT BUT............................... NONE of those great players would have worked out for us, Nick.....don't you see? It is the trade down players,  the 2 for one that we take who really are important. Never mind winning, touchdowns, playoffs.............you need to understand how good this 1 - 25 team really is.

24 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

How about you name the ones who wouldn’t start for what teams, and the players that would start over them.

Collins, Kirksey, Shelton, Garrett, Ogbah, McCourty and BBC would all start for almost any team in the league today. Peppers would start at SS for at least half of the team in the NFL. Coley would start for half the teams in the NFL

7 of those 9 were acquired by this FO.

3/5 of our starting offensive line would start for nearly every team in the NFL. The fourth would start for at least half the teams.

2 of those 4 were acquired by this FO. 

That’s 9 easy starters right there. 

Trying to make the argument that we haven’t added young, solid talent is stupid. 

Then the question follows TC- WHY is this team 0-10 with all that young talent? I have the answer, and I'm about to go Ghoolie about it.....   

20 minutes ago, Flugel said:

This regime will be happy to know they have you and War changing your underwear 4-5 times a game while we only need wait on the forward pass until their 3rd season.  How dare any of us demand any more than that... 

Tom.. arguing with Millenials is like arguing with a lobotomized ostrich!

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

Did you go to the game today?   Looked mighty cold.

No I didn't Mark... I'm now in the totally disgusted club. Me & Don decided to dump our remaining tickets for whatever we could get. that netted us $28 bucks on $85 dollar face value tickets. 

FWIW, I have a very good friend that lives in a Detroit suburb, and I wasn't about to waste gas driving up there last week either.... 

33 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Aight.

Still waiting.

I'm just gonna let you and TC continue to run your mouths.. because the more you do.. the more idiotic you both look... So please.. Keep going out of your way to show us how dumb you both really are.. your both great at it...

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Who said they would be back next year..

I give up... who? Or, in the alternative, who said they would not be?

See when you create a hypothetical, and get input, then the proper thing to do is to continue the discussion in that vein and not switch midstream.... hell... one step into the stream from the near side.

Just now, Tour2ma said:

I give up... who? Or, in the alternative, who said they would not be?

See when you create a hypothetical, and get input, then the proper thing to do is to continue the discussion in that vein and not switch midstream.... hell... one step into the stream from the near side.

It all remains to be seen what happens, fair enough?

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Then the question follows TC- WHY is this team 0-10 with all that young talent? I have the answer, and I'm about to go Ghoolie about it.....   

Because Kizer is garbage and continually turns the ball over and we have a coach who isn’t smart enough to figure out how to overcome that. 

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

I mean, you can demand anything you want but it doesn’t really matter. Because your “demands” don’t mean anything.

Don’t  like it? Tough titties.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Mah Nikkaz................Remember, after 1 quarter of the first 2016 pre-season game I announced vehemently that this head coach was a mistake, and the FO would prove to be a total failure. The foibles, gaffs, stupidity and failures of this organization in every aspect from the draft, to play calling, to the uniforms has been a failure beyond the need to even debate this. Myles Garret, Corey Coleman, DeShone Kizer, on and on it goes.

Still, as you point out, at 1 - 25, there are still people here who honestly believe that this is what a rebuild looks like. How do you even debate this kind of mindset? What is the point of it? Are these people idiots? Well, no, Nick, what they are, and I mean this respectfully, are fans; this makes them simpletons. Browns fans are unique simpletons. They actually believe that there is something special about this franchise that none of the other 31 teams and fans are even smart enough to understand....even if we explain it to them.

What you have among Cleveland fans, largely, is a real-world enactment of the fable "The King Has No Clothes" . Love for the team is such that fans will fabricate make-believe analytics and viewpoints to assure themselves that we really, really, really have it together, but people just don't see yet the glory that is just moments, maybe one more draft away.

When I slammed the (IDIOTIC) drafting of Joe Thomas, I was blasted. I have been blasted all along for daring to suggest that he was a waste of a pick and had no positive impact on the Browns. So............now as his light is just about out, his body used up, his team worse off than when he arrived, the Browns again will need a LT.

It only takes one year to rebuild an NFL football team. Two years to go from nothing to playoffs.We see it over and over, and surely, we see the difference a great QB can make. BUT BUT BUT............................... NONE of those great players would have worked out for us, Nick.....don't you see? It is the trade down players,  the 2 for one that we take who really are important. Never mind winning, touchdowns, playoffs.............you need to understand how good this 1 - 25 team really is.

You called a spade a spade

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

When I slammed the (IDIOTIC) drafting of Joe Thomas, I was blasted. I have been blasted all along for daring to suggest that he was a waste of a pick and had no positive impact on the Browns. So............now as his light is just about out, his body used up, his team worse off than when he arrived

And ALL of this...since 2007...is because they drafted Joe Thomas.  One player.  One draft pick...who will be a first ballot HOF'er.  Selecting that HOF'er is the reason that these 10 seasons later, we suck.  -  You need to understand that none of this is Joe Thomas's fault...nor is it the fault of drafting him.  The problem is ALL OF THE OTHER NON HOF'er draft picks we've made SINCE that pick.

35 minutes ago, Orion said:

And ALL of this...since 2007...is because they drafted Joe Thomas.  One player.  One draft pick...who will be a first ballot HOF'er.  Selecting that HOF'er is the reason that these 10 seasons later, we suck.  -  You need to understand that none of this is Joe Thomas's fault...nor is it the fault of drafting him.  The problem is ALL OF THE OTHER NON HOF'er draft picks we've made SINCE that pick.

It's a waste of time even trying to debate such an idiotic point Orion, especially with someone of the ilk of who wrote it.

Calvin Johnson was a HOF WR, one of the best ever who played in the same time period. How many playoff games did the Lions win with Johnson?

1 hour ago, nickers said:

It all remains to be seen what happens, fair enough?

No.... not really. But your call chief... end it here or continue what you started.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

You want my crystal ball?

Nah... why would I want that tired old thing?

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

Everywhere but the 1-25 football you want everyone to celebrate with you for some bizarre reason.

Really Flugs? Even you, the loquacious one, is stinking to these depths?

No one is celebrating.

Archived