THE BROWNS BOARD

Story time . . . Swamp draining ( . . . )

JAFBF

McConnell: Senate won’t convict Trump

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/mcconnell-senate-wont-convict-trump

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told reporters the closed-door impeachment proceedings in the House have not produced evidence that would sway enough Republican senators to convict President Trump if he is impeached.

“How long it goes on just depends on how long the Senate wants to spend on it,” McConnell said Tuesday when asked about the length of a potential Senate trial. “I will say I'm pretty sure how it is likely to end. If it were today, I don’t think there is any question it would not lead to a removal.”

Senate Republicans, McConnell said, don’t view the president’s actions as impeachable and said the duration of a Senate trial hinges on Democrats and “how long … the presidential candidates want to be here on the floor of the Senate instead of Iowa and New Hampshire and all the related issues that may be going on at the same time."

The Iowa Democratic caucuses and New Hampshire primary take place in February.

Five Senate Democrats are running for the party’s presidential nomination.

A Senate trial would require them to be present in the chamber every day except Sunday.

“It’s very difficult to ascertain how long this will take,” McConnell said. “I’d be surprised if it didn’t end the way the two previous ones did, with the president not being removed from office.”

The Impeachment could  be DOA in the senate but I think for political reasons it would be better to have a trial and subpoena the witnesses Schiff won't allow such as the whistelblower leaker and Hunter Biden for starters. The sham impeachment needs to be exposed publicly and the republicans in the House can't do it because Schiff won't allow it. With a trial in the  republican controlled senate the other side will be able to be presented. 

If the senate kills the impeachment without a trial it will leave too many unanswered questions. Also the dems will accuse republicans of covering for Trump if they don't have a trial.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JAFBF said:

Lot of chatter floating around.

image.png.4b572d3294324d8cbe890d0ec3e7f179.png

image.png.ade97b0bc095cde26fdbe5b1685c5251.png

Lot of rumors going around (again) - it's going to happen eventually, be alert.

It's been a long wait..hoping it will have been worth the wait. It should be especially seeing Durham opening a criminal investigation. It should be a huge story but will the MSM cover it like a huge story or will most of the reporting be done by Fox and alternative media outlets?

Senate may not even take up the push to oust Trump, former DOJ boss says

'Not only is impeachment dead on arrival, there's a risk that the Senate doesn't even take it up,' Matt Whitaker says

Former Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker backed Sen. Lindsey Graham’s assertion that the House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry will be “dead on arrival” if it’s not conducted fairly before it reaches the Senate.

“Not only is it dead on arrival, there’s a risk that the Senate doesn’t even take it up as it is a completely partisan exercise where [there are] only Democrat witnesses, only Democrats’ votes, and Republicans’ rights to due process and fairness are not honored,” Whitaker told “Outnumbered Overtime.”

Graham, R-S.C., accused House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., of not caring about the truth, and said Schiff’s impeachment efforts would go nowhere unless he called the anonymous whistleblower to come forward and testify about the complaint against President Trump.

DEM LEADER TELLS GOP TO 'GET LOST' OVER IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY WITNESS LIST

8 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It's been a long wait..hoping it will have been worth the wait. It should be especially seeing Durham opening a criminal investigation. It should be a huge story but will the MSM cover it like a huge story or will most of the reporting be done by Fox and alternative media outlets?

That's a really good question.

The way they've pretty much buried the Epstein cover up you have wonder.

This is going to be pretty big though, might be too big to keep a lid on.

still a dumb thread. Can't carry on a discussion about anything... some starving kid from the Congo gets a cookie, and it's posted here, right after a post about the deep state...

then epstein or some rogue elephant peed on an owner,

I'm guessing attention deficit/need to have and own the most prevalent "thread" at the top of the page.

But I do well to ignore it most of the time. Just checking in. But I think it's a spookie doo "Q" fetish or something.

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

still a dumb thread. Can't carry on a discussion about anything... some starving kid from the Congo gets a cookie, and it's posted here, right after a post about the deep state...

then epstein or some rogue elephant peed on an owner,

I'm guessing attention deficit/need to have and own the most prevalent "thread" at the top of the page.

But I do well to ignore it most of the time. Just checking in. But I think it's a spookie doo "Q" fetish or something.

Cal,

I totally understand where you're coming from, and based on the history/circumstances/early misunderstanding (on my part) of this thread, I can't fault you on your observations.

Yep, it's been a mess (isn't life in general ?), and has more quite a few times in the method of delivery.

New's doesn't come in an ordered sequence, so I try to make the best of it I can these days. 

The latest couple of entries came while I was at work, so not a lot of time to tidy things up.

Best analogy I can offer that is easily understood is that this thread in essence has become a Library.

There have been several times I've needed some info from this thread that are no longer available (censorship) or easy to find, so this has been my source (Library) for those times.

I keep adding as things develop, I can't control the order they come in.

14 hours ago, JAFBF said:

Cal,

I totally understand where you're coming from, and based on the history/circumstances/early misunderstanding (on my part) of this thread, I can't fault you on your observations.

Yep, it's been a mess (isn't life in general ?), and has more quite a few times in the method of delivery.

New's doesn't come in an ordered sequence, so I try to make the best of it I can these days. 

The latest couple of entries came while I was at work, so not a lot of time to tidy things up.

Best analogy I can offer that is easily understood is that this thread in essence has become a Library.

There have been several times I've needed some info from this thread that are no longer available (censorship) or easy to find, so this has been my source (Library) for those times.

I keep adding as things develop, I can't control the order they come in.

it would be intelligent to break it down by subject. It's a giant garbage can nobody wants to look through, I think, and comment on a certain point. It's a giant black hole.

whatever. I just ignore it most of the time....

I'm not a big Posobiec fan, but he is a Reporter.

image.png.b91a630e15bd3dcd5661bee6b8c14e2e.png

FWIW :

Okay, I have some more stuff that popped up today from the non-Twitter-verse, so these are going to be some notes as there are no direct links.

* More talk that Comey really did flip (posted video several days back) and is trying to make a deal, word is he's SOL and likely looking at 10yrs min.

* Valerie Jarrett is under investigation (no surprise), but the big news is that people that worked for/with her have been subpoenaed for Grand Jury testimony.

* DOJ and other alphabet Agency personnel have also been subpoenaed, and have been testifying to Grand Juries.

* 40+ more FBI Agents (not sure what had been) have been assigned to John Durham to help clear investigations.

* The Bhagdadi Op netted a ton of intel, lot's too still go through, but what has been found so far in the "Cables" is HUGE.

* "Cables" link O & H to funneling $ to ISIS.

* The Air Drop to resupply our Forces that "accidentally" went to the wrong Co-ords was not a mistake - Bhagdadi had the Co-ords in his stuff.

* O & H on Benghazi, is looking like it came from the Top.

* POTUS wants to speak in the Senate (so he wants too be Impeached by House ?), word is he wants to drop a Nuke in this Address speech.

* Impending DeClass is changing timelines - I'm thinking they may be shortened as some of the above was two-three month outline (impression I got).

* Barr has all this and more.

Now this :

image.png.dff9344e8d08ede0d7c6ae6f44be1ce9.png

image.png.0af20e0196441652701e1e49c6ece1c3.png

Lot of stuff flying around right now - entertain the above as you will.