THE BROWNS BOARD

When we talk about 'analytics' in the nfl.....

Tacosman

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

As a player, Elway has 2 rings, and Lynch 1. Ozzie has won it as an executive, and participated in 3 Pro Bowls as a player. I don't know if you were talking ironically about the Superbowls or not. 

We still don't know how good of a manager Lynch is. But if he's a good one, let's say we have 3 GOOD PLAYERS being good GMs in the current NFL. 

It is 3 out of 32. 9,375%. That's Tour's point. Are going to take the risk and take one for the Browns, when the odds are against us? Being a good player doesn't automatically make you a good executive. 

First year, Lynch landed a possible franchise QB and has as many wins his first year as stoshtheberrypudpuller has in 22 months. Good start. 

So those 3 individuals have 3 rings between them since 2000. Browns as a team have how many?  

Yep, some teams have competent management groups that know what and who it takes to win. Then we have our team.

8 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

First year, Lynch landed a possible franchise QB and has as many wins his first year as stoshtheberrypudpuller has in 22 months. Good start. 

So those 3 individuals have 3 rings between them since 2000. Browns as a team have how many?  

Yep, some teams have competent management groups that know what and who it takes to win. Then we have our team.

Those 3 individuals represent a 9,375% of the NFL general managers. I understand that you don't like having ''Harvard guys'' as executives for our team, because that's not something that any other NFL team has, so we are doing something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to the rest of the league, trust me, I get it. When you deviate from everyone's approach and don't show some results, like our current situation, it makes sense that the approach is wrong...

BUT statistically, the football guy solution is not good either, or at least not common to be a solution for success. 

18 minutes ago, Nero said:

Those 3 individuals represent a 9,375% of the NFL general managers. I understand that you don't like having ''Harvard guys'' as executives for our team, because that's not something that any other NFL team has, so we are doing something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to the rest of the league, trust me, I get it. When you deviate from everyone's approach and don't show some results, like our current situation, it makes sense that the approach is wrong...

BUT statistically, the football guy solution is not good either, or at least not common to be a solution for success. 

Of course it only works once a year for one team.  But it's also been very competitive. Like us? 

Maybe if you read up on Pilot Flying J and the way it was run will give you better insight. Our owner hires nothing but shysters and thieves to run his truck stops. Yet he only will hire the best for us....ya right...lol

14 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Elway had six years learning the craft at Colorado Crush. Wasn’t Ozzie on the staff at the Browns before becoming a GM?

Browns fans that want Manning here is because he’s a big name nothing more. 

And I believe at the same time that Elway was running an Arena League team....Bernie Kosar was doing the same.

On October 16, 2007, it was announced in a press conference that the Gladiators would be relocating to Cleveland, Ohio. This would be the second arena football team to play be in the Cleveland area; the Cleveland Thunderbolts played at the Richfield Coliseum in Richfield, Ohio for three seasons from 1992–1994. Former Cleveland Browns Quarterback Bernie Kosar was announced as the public face of the team, as well as the President of Football Operations and minority owner. The Gladiators would play their home games at Quicken Loans Arena, the home of the NBA's Cleveland Cavaliers and the AHL's Lake Erie Monsters.[6] The team also moved back to the Eastern Division of the National Conference for the first time since 2003. The team would still be known as the Gladiators and continue to retain the team colors of red, silver, and black.[7]

So...in reality, Bernie may have more experience at running a football team than Peyton does.

39 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And I believe at the same time that Elway was running an Arena League team....Bernie Kosar was doing the same.

On October 16, 2007, it was announced in a press conference that the Gladiators would be relocating to Cleveland, Ohio. This would be the second arena football team to play be in the Cleveland area; the Cleveland Thunderbolts played at the Richfield Coliseum in Richfield, Ohio for three seasons from 1992–1994. Former Cleveland Browns Quarterback Bernie Kosar was announced as the public face of the team, as well as the President of Football Operations and minority owner. The Gladiators would play their home games at Quicken Loans Arena, the home of the NBA's Cleveland Cavaliers and the AHL's Lake Erie Monsters.[6] The team also moved back to the Eastern Division of the National Conference for the first time since 2003. The team would still be known as the Gladiators and continue to retain the team colors of red, silver, and black.[7]

So...in reality, Bernie may have more experience at running a football team than Peyton does.

He absolutely does. 

Archived