THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns could land a damaged Andrew Luck for the right price.

SkippinTurtles

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Luck is 28 right? So if he still has gas in the tank he's got probably another 4 years? And if the Colts are ready to shitecan him?

WSS

I believe the Colts are the last ones that are going to shitecan him. They might draft a QB this year, which they wouldn't have thought of last year, but their team is nothing without Luck.

They're not going to give up on him easily. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Healthy Luck is just a notch below Aaron Rodgers.  Rolling the dice on a top 5 QB in his prime makes as much sense as drafting an unproven QB.  Again.  And again.  This board would lose it if Luck was under center Week 1 next year.  

And a bad shoulder Luck makes the Colts...losers. 

Just now, flyingfooldoug said:

And a bad shoulder Luck makes the Colts...losers. 

Yes he was the difference maker....not quite a Peyton now but very adequate plus they had some better receivers and a better OL and defense,  sound familiar? Think for a minute. ;)

1 hour ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Healthy Luck is just a notch below Aaron Rodgers.  Rolling the dice on a top 5 QB in his prime makes as much sense as drafting an unproven QB.  Again.  And again.  This board would lose it if Luck was under center Week 1 next year.  

More likely under the scalpel of the orthopedic surgeons at University Hospital in week two next year.

WSS

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes he was the difference maker....not quite a Peyton now but very adequate plus they had some better receivers and a better OL and defense,  sound familiar? Think for a minute. ;)

I know that as soon as Manning got hurt, they couldn't win a game till they drafted luck. Then they won...... How come we never go after quality QBs? Oooooh, "Kessler? Trust me on this one"..... Hue can't tell a NFL QB from a hole in the ground... And I distrust any MFer that uses that term. Asking for trust is a sure sign of stupidity. Earn it A holes

The Colts were the class of that rather weak division and have slipped as a team as a whole (JAX now the team there?).

Find a once in a generation franchise quarterback and build around it as very old and proven concept......if you can build correctly or else the QB dies there or want to be traded (Archie Manning!), or new recruits don't want to go there (Elway?).

If done right it works (Aikman, Marino, Bradshaw et. al.)

On 11/22/2017 at 7:00 PM, boo fagley said:

I see why you are a good Lawyer. Gifted at manufacturing confusion and speaking out of both sides of your mouth. A few posts ago you were solely talking about college academics and not athletics. When I shredded that post like confetti now were back on the Stanford sports program.

If all this wasnt in writing I would be agreeing with you.

You were good at being an idiot. I give you straight simple facts and you cannot even understand them. Stanford is a great academic knowledge. Fact. Among such a great academic institutions Stanford has the best sports program. Don't believe me check out the capital one cup standingsYou were good at being an idiot. I give you straight simple facts and you cannot even understand them. Stanford is a great academic knowledge. Fact. Among such a great academic institutions Stanford has the best sports program. Don't believe me check out the capital one cup standings

9 hours ago, boo fagley said:

The E Manning and Elway trades started on draft day.

Are you trying to sell that the Chiefs # 1 pick next draft is going to be their selection and not the team they traded it to?

Hasselback happened so long ago that its hard to remember. There must be some trades back in the 50's and 60;s that panned out too.

You are the one that referenced hassle back. Can you claimed he was drafted by and see yards. He wasn't. Simple fact. So are you can't comprehend that fact.You are the one that referenced hassle back. Can you claimed he was drafted by and see yards. He wasn't. Simple fact. So are you can't comprehend that fact.

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Nobody is disputing that Stanford is not a prestigious university dumba$$.

You belie what you have said. You said that Stanford produced a numbskull.  Even a numbskull would know better. You have not, apparently reached a level of intellect wherein you can even be called a numbskull.

Every Stanford QB is not Elway or Plunkett. Your so called facts are worthless.  Only a moron would care where the QB went to school. Take a bow. 

You look in a mirror lately?   You said Luck was a Stanford numbskull.   Apparently, clearly YOU cared where he went to school with your statement.  With every word you backstep and make yourself look as ignorant as perhaps you actually are.

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

I cannot remember the Hasselback deal it was so long ago. Which supports my point that its better to draft your own guy than to rub your lucky rabbits foot hoping a good FA QB come your way.

What it supports is the fact that you don't seem to have a fuyucking clue what you are talking about.

If the question is: is it better to draft your own guy than to hope to get a good QB in FA....the answer is:  who cares?  What does it matter?  As long as you get a good QB to play for you.

And for historical purposes...lets see how the Browns got their QBs with which they made the playoffs:

Otto Graham...7 time champion, came to the Browns as a FA. (drafted by Lions).

Frank Ryan...title winner with Browns....came via a trade with the Rams.

Bill Nelsen...playoff caliber QB, came to the Browns via a trade with Steelers.

Mike Phipps  3rd overall pick

Brian Sipe....13th round pick

Bernie Kosar came via a supplemental draft....the pick for which they made a trade for. 

Vinny Testaverde.   I believe he was a FA pickup..or was that a trade?    Not drafted by Browns

Kelly Holcomb....last QB to start a playoff game for the Browns:   FA pickup or trade...Not drafted by Browns. (though it is fair to say that it was Tim Couch who took the team to the playoffs...who was drafted #1 overall)

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Because Luck is an INT throwing numbskull who went to Stanford. Stanford numbskull.

Like the Barberton numbskull. There is nothing wrong with the town, but a numbskull has his office there.  Get it?

I like their chicken. :lol:

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I like their chicken. :lol:

Ahhhh yes the practical side of this board shining through. 

And Stanford isn't that in Connecticut?  :huh:

6 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Get this Knucklehead.

51 Super Bowls.

102 QBs

28 traded QBs have played in Super Bowls including walk ons. They account for 27.4% of all Super Bowls QBs.

74 QBs were drafted by the team that played in the Super Bowl. They account for 72.5 % of all Super Bowl QBs.

12 traded QBs have actually won a Super Bowl. That is 23.5% of winning Super Bowl QBs.

39 drafted QBs have won Super Bowls. That is 76.4% of winning Super Bowl QBs.

What does it all mean? That you are WRONG.

Moreover, I dont care about the good ole football days of Red Grange and Laurel and Hardy. The objective is to win a Super Bowl in todays NFL and not the dusty 4 horsemen offense era that you opine about.

If those stats are correct, props on your homework.  The Colts probably aren't stupid enough to trade a guy they drafted who is an elite NFL QB.  But at least make an offer.

38 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

They are fact.

HOF website and  Football reference were used to compile these indisputable facts although someone we know will spin, weasel and connive and give it his best shot.

SB WINNERS { FA QB in bold} Brady, Pmanning, Brady, Wilson, Flacco, Emnning, Rodgers, Brees, Ben, Emanning, Pmanning, Ben, Brady, Brady, Johnson, Brady, Dilfer, Warner, Elway, Elway, Farve, Aikman, Young, Aikman, Aikman, Rypien, Hostetler, Montana, Montana, Williams, Sims, Mcmahon, Montana, Plunkett, Theisman, Montana, Plunkett, Bradshaw, Bradshaw, Staubach, Staubach, Bradshaw, Bradshaw, Greise, Greise, Staubach, Untias, Dawson, Namath, Starr, Starr.

12 FA QBs or walk ons have won Super Bowls.

1 FA QB has won 2 Super Bowls in 51 years - Plunkett

10 DRAFTED QBs have won 2 or more Super Bowls. Brady x 5, E Manning x 2, Ben x 2, Elway x 2, Aikman, x 3, Montana x 4, Bradshaw x 4, Staubach x 3, Griese x 2, Starr x 2. 29 56% of the total 51 Super Bowls have been won by just 10 DRAFTED QBs.

NO FA QB has gone to successive Super Bowls in 51 years.

8  DRAFTED QBs have gone to back to back Super Bowls and Bradshaw did it twice.

Time for the Browns to land a Franchise QB that will take this team to at least 2 Super Bowls. You cannot win it if youre not even there.

Can't dispute your research.  Developing a QB is ideal.  This team hasn't shown an ability to do that.  Get Luck and a QB guru and make this team a legit contender.

12 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Get this Knucklehead.

51 Super Bowls.

102 QBs

28 traded QBs have played in Super Bowls including walk ons. They account for 27.4% of all Super Bowls QBs.

74 QBs were drafted by the team that played in the Super Bowl. They account for 72.5 % of all Super Bowl QBs.

12 traded QBs have actually won a Super Bowl. That is 23.5% of winning Super Bowl QBs.

Moreover, I dont care about the good ole football days of Red Grange and Laurel and Hardy. The objective is to win a Super Bowl in todays NFL and not the dusty 4 horsemen offense era that you opine about.

Boo Fagley, that is very good research. I always felt it was best to draft and develop your QB, although I could see signing a free agent if you had a decent team minus the QB and thought you could win in a certain window of time. Seen more of those not work out than succeed, though.

I guess that makes it important to have an organization capable of drafting and developing that QB so you don’t ruin him before he has a chance to win for you.

7 minutes ago, SkippinTurtles said:

This team is so bad, the #1 pick might demand to be traded.  Knock on the Colts door and break bread.  Give them any damn thing they want.  The team trading for the superstar usually ends up on top in the end.  Pounce while he's hurt.

Ya, hurt with a very potential career ending labrum tear.

On 11/26/2017 at 1:42 AM, boo fagley said:

Get this Knucklehead.

51 Super Bowls.

102 QBs

Actually....it means that I am right.  That a significant portion of Super Bowl winning and Super Bowl starting QBs were not drafted by the team they went to the Super Bowl with. 

And I don't know what you are talking about with "the good old days".  My point was about Super Bowl QBs. 

Also....I would wager that you are likely lying about your stats.    I suspect that you did not include Elway and Eli in your figures as having been traded.

Which means, of course, that I have to do what you claim to be research all over again.

On 11/26/2017 at 9:03 AM, boo fagley said:

They are fact.

HOF website and  Football reference were used to compile these indisputable facts although someone we know will spin, weasel and connive and give it his best shot.

SB WINNERS { FA QB in bold} Brady, Pmanning, Brady, Wilson, Flacco, Emnning, Rodgers, Brees, Ben, Emanning, Pmanning, Ben, Brady, Brady, Johnson, Brady, Dilfer, Warner, Elway, Elway, Farve, Aikman, Young, Aikman, Aikman, Rypien, Hostetler, Montana, Montana, Williams, Sims, Mcmahon, Montana, Plunkett, Theisman, Montana, Plunkett, Bradshaw, Bradshaw, Staubach, Staubach, Bradshaw, Bradshaw, Greise, Greise, Staubach, Untias, Dawson, Namath, Starr, Starr.

12 FA QBs or walk ons have won Super Bowls.

1 FA QB has won 2 Super Bowls in 51 years - Plunkett

10 DRAFTED QBs have won 2 or more Super Bowls. Brady x 5, E Manning x 2, Ben x 2, Elway x 2, Aikman, x 3, Montana x 4, Bradshaw x 4, Staubach x 3, Griese x 2, Starr x 2. 29 56% of the total 51 Super Bowls have been won by just 10 DRAFTED QBs.

NO FA QB has gone to successive Super Bowls in 51 years.

8  DRAFTED QBs have gone to back to back Super Bowls and Bradshaw did it twice.

Time for the Browns to land a Franchise QB that will take this team to at least 2 Super Bowls. You cannot win it if youre not even there.

Yep.   See what I mean.....your own documentation reveals you as either a liar or a nincompoop. 

Eli was traded, Elway was traded.  Favre was traded.

That is 5 additional Super Bowls won by QBs who were traded than you claim.

Making it 17 out of the 51.  That is a full one third.  In case you can't do the math...that is 33.3%.

Like I said....a significant portion of SB winning did not win with the team that drafted them. 

Is it simple historical fact....or simple math that you have a problem with?

On 11/26/2017 at 9:49 AM, SkippinTurtles said:

Can't dispute your research.  Developing a QB is ideal.  This team hasn't shown an ability to do that.  Get Luck and a QB guru and make this team a legit contender.

Except...of course, you can dispute....because there are glaring errors there.....errors or lies.

Archived