THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns could land a damaged Andrew Luck for the right price.

SkippinTurtles

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, you know that Sashi has the reputation of wanting to "win every deal".  Allegedly that is why the Pats would not deal with him for Garypolo.  (though I doubt that is the real reason). But if it is....
Sashi would play hardball.   (but then, Sachi may be in no position to play at all, if he is thrown out on his can.)

Sashi is a lawyer, of couese he's trying to win every deal or argument to a T. This could be good (and bad)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nickers said:

I don't know about anyone else.. But I have always viewed Book Smarts and Common sense ,, as two completely different types of intelligences

They are... but they are also not mutually exclusive.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Stanford's Medical School is considered second only to Harvard's. & Sometimes you can't tell a book by it's cover. We had this doc at a place I worked at, if the first time you'd meet him, you'd think "what a goober." Over the course of several months, from my coworkers found out. He went to Stanford Medical School- okayyyyy. He got a full free ride to Stanford Medical School. Say what? He had the highest score in the country on the MCATs. Makes sense now. 

Johns Hopkins is probably a more renown medical school and then HarvardJohns Hopkins is probably a more renown medical school and then Harvard

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Johns Hopkins is probably a more renown medical school and then HarvardJohns Hopkins is probably a more renown medical school and then Harvard

I would also add that Case Western Reserve is nothing to sneeze at either.. it's become a Doctor factory...

47 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

C - W - R - UUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Go Spartans!

They are the Spartans... aren't they? ;)

I believe they get the pleasure of losing to Mount Union next week in Round 2 of the DIII playoffs.

There's worse fates than being a Case student. You get to go to a world-class university that sits next to Little Italy. Study while eating like a king. :lol:

Medicine is just like everything else. There are some really good surgeons who come from really good schools and there are some really bad surgeons who come from really good surgeons and vice versa. That's why it's always important to ask local OR nurses who should operate on you. That's just a medical sidebar. 

Andrew Luck is a tough case study, IMOP. He still is really good assuming his shoulder is healthy and ready to go. However, it seems odd to me that he is seeking alternative medicine, more than likely he is looking for a PRP with stem cell injection which is legal over in Europe but not approved by the FDA here in the states, rather than to have a shoulder scope to actually see what the issue could be. I would be very cautious if I were the browns. Full medicals would have to be given to me before I even make a trade offer. Let's not forget, he just signed a massive contract extension just last year. That's a lot of money and hope to put on a potentially bad shoulder. Now, if it is good to go and their medical team feels he is safe and able to perform at a high level, than I think you have to trust them. But, this could be a high risk situation. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I believe they get the pleasure of losing to Mount Union next week in Round 2 of the DIII playoffs.

There's worse fates than being a Case student. You get to go to a world-class university that sits next to Little Italy. Study while eating like a king. :lol:

Having been a Casey in the 70's I know of what you speak...

Many was the Sunday 2AM walk from Howe House on the lower quad down Murray Hill Road to Pretti's Bakery. That was the time the Italian loaves began exiting the ovens. Always bought an extra for the walk back.

Presti's being open and no worries for the walk were courtesy of a certain ethnic supplement to Cleveland's finest in that area.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Having been a Casey in the 70's I know of what you speak...

Many was the Sunday 2AM walk from Howe House on the lower quad down Murray Hill Road to Pretti's Bakery. That was the time the Italian loaves began exiting the ovens. Always bought an extra for the walk back.

Presti's being open and no worries for the walk were courtesy of a certain ethnic supplement to Cleveland's finest in that area.

I can imagine Murray Hill in the 70s was definitely colorful! Especially considering the on-going Danny Greene situation going on at the time.

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can imagine Murray Hill in the 70s was definitely colorful! Especially considering the on-going Danny Greene situation going on at the time.

I knew a couple of guys that knew Danny personally, no kidding! Quite an "interesting" and fun guy.

I did not know him.....at all.  

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I don't care what ethnic they were- the inference was they were heavily armed.  :)   BTW I heard reports that certain ethnic folks- back in the race riot days of the 60s there were a few machine gun posts up on the hill- no problems were reported.   

I had a injured shoulder. Torn labrum, torn rotor, torn cartridge plus bone spurs. I had the surgery and went through extensive rehab therapy. It's a good thing that I didn't throw a football or baseball for a living too because as much as the surgery and rehab helped me in regaining my range of motion and strength, it still hurts to throw hard or to get a glass out of a upper kitchen cabinet. Luck will never be what he was before he tore his labrum. That's a tough one and ended more than one athletic career. 

4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I had a injured shoulder. Torn labrum, torn rotor, torn cartridge plus bone spurs. I had the surgery and went through extensive rehab therapy. It's a good thing that I didn't throw a football or baseball for a living too because as much as the surgery and rehab helped me in regaining my range of motion and strength, it still hurts to throw hard or to get a glass out of a upper kitchen cabinet. Luck will never be what he was before he tore his labrum. That's a tough one and ended more than one athletic career. 

Ditto... minus the rotor, cart and spurs...

Arthroscopic surgery bought me several comfortable couch potato years.

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Ditto... minus the rotor, cart and spurs...

Arthroscopic surgery bought me several comfortable couch potato years.

I got the scope and fileted. And it helped a whole lot. But it never came back like before the injury. I've seen a few baseball pitchers hang it up after a labrum tear and Luck has it to. He most likely will need to relearn a throwing motion very different from what he used to do. He has a tough road ahead of him career wise.  He should take up ....drone racing!!!...lol

3 minutes ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Dealing for Luck is a MASSIVE gamble.  Draft a QB with the first round pick and pray #12 works out.

Wait, I'm confused... Are you saying the Browns should trade for Luck AND take a QB #1 overall?

13 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I knew a couple of guys that knew Danny personally, no kidding! Quite an "interesting" and fun guy.

I did not know him.....at all.  

I knew some guys that knew Danny Green as well.   They liked him.  They said Danny Green was The Bomb.   (err, or was that Danny Green was going to be bombed?)   Well....one or the other.  Can't recall specifically right now.

11 hours ago, boo fagley said:

So what? Ryan Fitzpatrick went to Harvard. You want him too?

Elway is not known for being a genius. Look at the cast of bums he drafted to play QB. 

You don't follow along very well.....the OP said that Andrew LUck was a Stanford numbskull.   I pointed out that Stanford may be the premier academic institution in the country....

Besides, everyone know that Harvard takes a back seat to Cornell.

But this conversation had nothing to do with football acumem.

5 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Makes no sense to trade for a used Andy Luck when the Browns can draft a brand new QB and get him in his prime at probably less money.

I went to Carmax. I could buy a spanking new vehicle with 1 mile on it for the same price of their 30,000 mile shined up jalopies. No to QBmax.

Just a fact:   Nearly half of the Super Bowl winning QBs were not drafted by the team they won the SB with.

Just pointing out that sometimes it does not hurt to bring in an experienced guy.

5 minutes ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Yes.  The Redskins drafted Kirk Cousins as insurance after trading for RG3.  Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Or, maybe we just do what the Skins did:   Draft a QB in round one....and another in round 4. 

It can't hurt......and this FO has certainly blown enough 3rd/4th round picks.....getting another "egg" would be no big deal.

Sounds like my Rosen/Benkert plan...

I would not be shocked if they actually did it. The WR net the cast in 2016 was essentially that approach. And this draft will be the draft to fill our near, QB void.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Sounds like my Rosen/Benkert plan...

I would not be shocked if they actually did it. The WR net the cast in 2016 was essentially that approach. And this draft will be the draft to fill our near, QB void.

Interesting I've been thinking along the same lines of 1st overall and a 2nd rounder. It's a deeper class than anyone we have now in that position.

EDITL: However if Allen is there to pick in the 2nd, please use it on a WR, FS or some other position of greater need.:P

4 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Awesome, you have a 49% chance at winning a Super Bowl.

A cursory list - Brady has 5, E Manning has 2, Ben has 2, Wilson has 1, Flacco has 1, Rodgers  has 1, Elway has 2. Over the last 15 years the team that drafted its QB has won the Super Bowl.

And without one the odds are.... Zero!

12 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Yes.  The Redskins drafted Kirk Cousins as insurance after trading for RG3.  Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

So if the Browns used their #1 overall on a QB, what would you give up to get Luck?

Archived