Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tiamat63

The 'who have you watched lately?' thread.

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Saw more from Rosen in one play alone than I've seen from Mayfield in 2 & 1/2 games.

 

@2:44.     Honestly, just watch.   You have to appreciate all you just saw on this play.  Downfield vision,  poise, pocket presence and awareness then finally, identifying and delivering.  

 

  

The A&M comeback was incredible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2017 at 9:22 AM, Mark O said:

I like Rashaad Penny from SDSU.    Quite a night he had last night, granted against Nevada who stinks and it's the Mountain West which also stinks for the most part but he's had solid games against ASU and Stanford this season.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sd-sp-aztecs-rashaad-penny-sets-record-with-429-yards-in-offense-20171118-story.html

 

 

I like Penny too. Bryce Love has been amazing in every game I've seen this year (which was like 2 games, but still) he was averaging over 10 YPC more than halfway thru the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

The A&M comeback was incredible. 

The A&M comeback made me not like Rosen. Not once but twice he made bad decisions on passes that should have been easily picked off.   When you coupled that with the hype he had coming into the season I was turned off on what I saw.   

 

Though I admit it was a limited sample size.  When I tuned in to see the USC game it was like watching a different QB.  Loved what I saw and still do.   The ability both Rosen and Benkert have shown is, to date, far more complete than Mayfield, Rudolph, Darnold and Jackson.   

So much that it's not even really close. 

 

 

edit:  @Tour.    Looks like we're agreeing on not just one but two QB's.    In the same draft no less.  Screen shot the Sheet out of this and make it the background on your phone.  Might never happen again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2018 NFL DRAFT

|
|
PROSPECT RANKINGS

NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS

Year 2018
Position AllCCBDEDTFSILBOGOLBOTQBRBSSTEWR
Go
 
2018 TOP NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS
RK PLAYER POS POS RK SCHOOL CLASS HT WT
1 Mason Rudolph QB 2 Oklahoma State Sr 6-5 230
2 Minkah Fitzpatrick FS 1 Alabama Jr 6-1 201
3 Saquon Barkley RB 2 Penn State Jr 5-11 223
4 Quenton Nelson OG 1 Notre Dame Sr 6-5 329
5 Derwin James SS 1 Florida State Soph 6-3 211
6 James Washington WR 2 Oklahoma State Sr 6-0 205
7 Bradley Chubb DE 3 NC State Sr 6-4 275
8 Orlando Brown OT 5 Oklahoma Jr 6-8 360
9 Ogbonnia Okoronkwo DE 0 Oklahoma Sr 6-1 242
10 Mike McGlinchey OT 1 Notre Dame Sr 6-8 312
11 Courtland Sutton WR 0 Southern Methodist Soph 6-4 215
12 Bryce Love RB 0 Stanford Jr 5-10 191
13 Kendall Joseph ILB 3 Clemson Jr 6-0 230
14 Derrius Guice RB 1 LSU Jr 5-11 212
15 Clelin Ferrell DE 8 Clemson Soph 6-5 265
16 Roquan Smith ILB 0 Georgia Jr 6-1 225
17 Deontay Burnett WR 0 Southern California Jr 6-0 170
18 Josh Rosen QB 3 UCLA Jr 6-4 220
19 Chukwuma Okorafor OT 0 Western Michigan Sr 6-6 330

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gip, I hope you noticed that ranking is so skewed, it's ridiculous. They have a bunch of guys rated lower at their position ranked higher. I could probably come up with something that makes more sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Gip, I hope you noticed that ranking is so skewed, it's ridiculous. They have a bunch of guys rated lower at their position ranked higher. I could probably come up with something that makes more sense.

Why is the ranking skewed?   Simply because you disagree with it?   CBS is pretty well respected.   And from what I have seen so far this year....which is some.....Rudolph HAS been the best looking QB of all that I have seen.

But I am not jumping on his bandwagon or into his camp....but the fact remains.....this guy WILL be a factor when it comes to who the top QB taken will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: Drafting Rudolph, Mayfield, Jackson or Darnold at #1.  

 

Just so I can keep laughing and this franchise can fold eventually.

Bcsz3W3CcAAV7d6.jpg

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

I like Penny too. Bryce Love has been amazing in every game I've seen this year (which was like 2 games, but still) he was averaging over 10 YPC more than halfway thru the season. 

I've only seen Love play a couple times and he's good too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why is the ranking skewed?   Simply because you disagree with it?   CBS is pretty well respected.   And from what I have seen so far this year....which is some.....Rudolph HAS been the best looking QB of all that I have seen.

But I am not jumping on his bandwagon or into his camp....but the fact remains.....this guy WILL be a factor when it comes to who the top QB taken will be.

It's not the only ranking out there Gip. Still way early, but Rosen is better than #18. Walter Football which runs a pretty good mock BTW, has him going #3 to the Giants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It's not the only ranking out there Gip. Still way early, but Rosen is better than #18. Walter Football which runs a pretty good mock BTW, has him going #3 to the Giants. 

We can be one day before the draft and these services can have wide variations.  Last year there were still some just before the draft that were saying that Trubisky should be a second rounder....and we know what happened. 

Are you telling me that you want until The Voice of God on these matters...Mel Kiper...gives his opinion? :P

Maybe CBS took a lot of the negative said about Rosen into account in their rating (that he is the real live personification of Bo Callahan?  That his teammates wouldn't attend his birthday party?)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

The A&M comeback made me not like Rosen. Not once but twice he made bad decisions on passes that should have been easily picked off.   When you coupled that with the hype he had coming into the season I was turned off on what I saw.  

Though I admit it was a limited sample size.  When I tuned in to see the USC game it was like watching a different QB.  Loved what I saw and still do.   The ability both Rosen and Benkert have shown is, to date, far more complete than Mayfield, Rudolph, Darnold and Jackson.   

So much that it's not even really close.

edit:  @Tour.    Looks like we're agreeing on not just one but two QB's.    In the same draft no less.  Screen shot the Sheet out of this and make it the background on your phone.  Might never happen again. 

lol... was just verifying the same via PM... could be the first sign of the end-times... ;)

Same take on Rosen's A&M game... think I wrote up as much at the time, that he got away with a couple. The difference was then that they were down... far down... and the clock was ticking. He made throws he had to try, ones he has now shown me he has the sense to not try under better circumstances.

And that's a pro-level trait.

And just look at his freakin' eyes... kid looks impervious to pressure.

Rosen01.png.b955dd884cc533811cdb4e684267bf9f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark O said:

I've only seen Love play a couple times and he's good too. 

Fear he puts in me is that he plays way bigger than his size... just not sure he'll take NFL pounding for 16 of 17 weeks a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Gip, I hope you noticed that ranking is so skewed, it's ridiculous. They have a bunch of guys rated lower at their position ranked higher. I could probably come up with something that makes more sense.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why is the ranking skewed?   Simply because you disagree with it?   CBS is pretty well respected.   And from what I have seen so far this year....which is some.....Rudolph HAS been the best looking QB of all that I have seen.

But I am not jumping on his bandwagon or into his camp....but the fact remains.....this guy WILL be a factor when it comes to who the top QB taken will be.

What h has pointed out that you are running into, Gip, is that CBS' rankings, which we know you love, are powered by DraftScout, which we know I love.

The problem that CBS has, is that DraftScout has not and will not merge their 2019 (or 2020) underclass ranking into their 2018 Senior class ranking until players begin declaring. So CBS is "winging it" at present.

Here is link to DS's 2018 QB Class with Rudolph (R-2/3) a falling to 2nd behind Mayfield (R2). http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2018&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

And here is the link to DS's 2019 class with Rosen (R1) in the Top Spot above a falling Allen (R1), Jackson (R1) and, surprisingly, my former darkhorse nominee, Nick Fitzgerald (R-1/2). http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2019&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

 

If you want to believe Rudolph comes out on top when DS merges, be my guest... but please... let me know if you'd "like to make it interesting."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Saw more from Rosen in one play alone than I've seen from Mayfield in 2 & 1/2 games.

 

@2:44.     Honestly, just watch.   You have to appreciate all you just saw on this play.  Downfield vision,  poise, pocket presence and awareness then finally, identifying and delivering.  

 

  

3:09 for me was eye opening. I rewound that play a couple times when i watched the game cause i was like "how?". Edge guy was closing on him and rosen froze him with a little hitch/pump that gave his rec an extra fraction of a sec to get free. This kid is seriously talented. 

I have no hedges with him but i would like to see him out on a few more lbs just to increase his chances of survival in clev. He will take shots here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

What h has pointed out that you are running into, Gip, is that CBS' rankings, which we know you love, are powered by DraftScout, which we know I love.

The problem that CBS has, is that DraftScout has not and will not merge their 2019 (or 2020) underclass ranking into their 2018 Senior class ranking until players begin declaring. So CBS is "winging it" at present.

Here is link to DS's 2018 QB Class with Rudolph (R-2/3) a falling to 2nd behind Mayfield (R2). http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2018&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

And here is the link to DS's 2019 class with Rosen (R1) in the Top Spot above a falling Allen (R1), Jackson (R1) and, surprisingly, my former darkhorse nominee, Nick Fitzgerald (R-1/2). http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2019&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

 

If you want to believe Rudolph comes out on top when DS merges, be my guest... but please... let me know if you'd "like to make it interesting."

 

I don't think that there is any "Problem" really.  All I am saying is that right here, right now, they have Rudolph on top.  And yes, just like everyone else, these rankings will be revived when we know all who are going to declare...and when there is more intensive scouting of them.

Point simply being....Rudolph will be a factor in the issue of which QB goes #1....just like Trubisky was last year.

Beyond that, I don't see where they have left any of the usual suspects off of their rankings because they are at this point undeclared underclassmen. Maybe Darnold perhaps....but Rudolph is in there...as is Rosen...and just about everyone else.  So, at this point it seems that they have all been evaluated equally....and that in their minds at least Rudolph has come out on top so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

 

And just look at his freakin' eyes... kid looks impervious to pressure.

Rosen01.png.b955dd884cc533811cdb4e684267bf9f.png

LOL, seeing that picture notice any similarity?   

image.jpeg.8cef66eec1a9706abb130087b92c1d19.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I have no hedges with him but i would like to see him out on a few more lbs just to increase his chances of survival in clev. He will take shots here

If you saw the Miami game then you saw him take a helluva shot there... and bounce right back up after the completed pass looking to the sideline for the next play... which he often does prior to the whistle.

I tell ya.. the kid plays so effin' relaxed... that he just kinda folds up lessening rather than magnifying the blow. That whole flexibility thing is the Brady principle for longevity. So while Rosen will fill out with time, not sure I want him to muscle up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think that there is any "Problem" really.  All I am saying is that right here, right now, they have Rudolph on top.  And yes, just like everyone else, these rankings will be revived when we know all who are going to declare...and when there is more intensive scouting of them.

Point simply being....Rudolph will be a factor in the issue of which QB goes #1....just like Trubisky was last year.

Beyond that, I don't see where they have left any of the usual suspects off of their rankings because they are at this point undeclared underclassmen. Maybe Darnold perhaps....but Rudolph is in there...as is Rosen...and just about everyone else.  So, at this point it seems that they have all been evaluated equally....and that in their minds at least Rudolph has come out on top so far.

I can only clue you in on what's happening, Gip.

Again... Care to make it interesting? Two bet parlay?

  • Part 1: What round Rudolph goes in.
  • Part 2: How many QBs are taken before him?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I can only clue you in on what's happening, Gip.

Again... Care to make it interesting? Two bet parlay?

  • Part 1: What round Rudolph goes in.
  • Part 2: How many QBs are taken before him?

 

It is really not that important to me.  The only thing I am interested in is if he or whoever is taken by the Browns.   I said I am not joining any camps.   And by what I said here is merely reporting that a fairly well respected source has him at the top of the heap.  And that when I have seen him he looks pretty good.

We have 6 more games in this season...and we are going on about this?   What if the Browns win all 6?  Then where will we be?:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

If you saw the Miami game then you saw him take a helluva shot there... and bounce right back up after the completed pass 

Was that shot followed up with two more back to back jacks to the lower lumbar from free riding green lighted primary edge rushers? U know, a real first energy special?

a combine interview question ought to revolve around pictures of typical cleveland clowd cover in the fall. So josh, do u like these pictures? Do u appreciate nice fluffy clouds? U do ok great i think we can confirtably say welcome to clev josh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL, seeing that picture notice any similarity?   

image.jpeg.8cef66eec1a9706abb130087b92c1d19.jpeg

Wasn't that one reason Rogers fell in the draft? He was considered too Socky,  unliked by teammates? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It is really not that important to me.  The only thing I am interested in is if he or whoever is taken by the Browns.   I said I am not joining any camps.   And by what I said here is merely reporting that a fairly well respected source has him at the top of the heap.  And that when I have seen him he looks pretty good.

We have 6 more games in this season...and we are going on about this?   What if the Browns win all 6?  Then where will we be?:lol:

Har, the odds of the Browns winning all six are about the same as the earth getting hit by an asteroid.  :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Then where will we be?:lol:

Survey question? Imma go with... sitting pretty with a franchise grade QB already rostered.

 

You don't have to be in a camp to bet... just have a little conviction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hoorta said:

Har, the odds of the Browns winning all six are about the same as the earth getting hit by an asteroid.  :D 

Well then we will just call you Chicken Little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw some other highlights of Rosen, but I wanted to post the Texas A&M video again in case people don't go back in the thread (I didn't see turn on this page but I could've missed it). 

 

I think this game shows both the highs and the lows of what Rosen brings to the table. Now to be fair to Rosen, it didn't appear that his OL did him many favors. Perhaps it's because Aggies knew he had to pass late in the game, but the guy was running for his life more often than not. Additionally, there were a few times his receivers let him down, as I counted at least two dropped touchdowns, including a potential game-tying drop at the end. However, one receiver COMPLETELY bailed him out on that deep toss into double coverage, so maybe it balances out somewhat. Rosen definitely looked like he locks onto primary reads, and his decision making was spotty. Several times he just threw it up for grabs under pressure, and a few were beyond awful. 

This isn't to say his performance was all bad, in fact, far from it. He definitely looks to step up in the pocket, and he's not afraid to run when he has to. Additionally, he keeps his eyes down the field and will hurt teams that way. There isn't a throw he won't attempt, and the ball seemingly explodes from his hand. I don't love the fact he dropped several snaps, and one INT came from picking up the ball and blindly throwing it to the defense. Conversely, he picked up another snap and made a perfect throw. He's got talent, no question. But he's far from perfect. I don't have time to write anymore, but I'll look more into him later. Happy Thanksgiving all! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be sure to include some 2017 tape... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2017 at 9:05 AM, Tour2ma said:

Be sure to include some 2017 tape... ;)

LOL! Sorry Tour. Not sure how I missed that. 

I'm watching more and more of Rosen, and I gotta tell you...he's got what I'm looking for. He really does. 

So what do I like? The obvious answer is he's got arm talent out the wazoo. He's not afraid to throw over the middle, and he'll fire into tight windows, which is required in red zone execution. Very clean delivery, not a whole lot of wasted movement. I've seen him look down the field and then quickly check down, which is something I absolutely love in a QB. He's very accurate with those bubble screens to WRs, and doesn't throw low or behind that often (Ahem, Kizer). Perhaps my favorite trait is his ability to calmly "climb" the pocket and keep his head up. He's also shown that he'll take a hit while delivering a strike. Has nice timing on RB screens and really sells the play without panicking. Has a calmness about him and did I mention I love his passes over the middle and down the seam? 

Rosen isn't perfect, and there will be some who nitpick him to death, but I see him being the first player taken in the draft, and I believe it'll be almost a consensus pick by the time the draft gets here. 

Rosen is my #1, (did I mention he can throw an end zone fade pass? Ahem, Kizer), but my number 2 is Lamar Jackson. I realize Lamar is nowhere near as refined, but when you go back and watch what he can do, he really gets you wondering. It's not like the guy can't throw or anything, quite the contrary. Lamar can throw it with absurd accuracy and he'll attack both the middle and the sidelines. His ability to make a play on 3rd down is legendary, and if it's 3rd and short, he puts a TON of pressure on the defense because of his running abilities. Lamar basically farts 5 yards every time he takes off, and he's a guy who can gash for 20 yards and prance out of bounds without taking a hit. He's extremely sudden and possesses almost unfair acceleration. If we don't draft him, and I'm hoping we get Rosen, Lamar is a guy I'm be watching with a ton of interest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

LOL! Sorry Tour. Not sure how I missed that. 

I'm watching more and more of Rosen, and I gotta tell you...he's got what I'm looking for. He really does. 

So what do I like? The obvious answer is he's got arm talent out the wazoo. He's not afraid to throw over the middle, and he'll fire into tight windows, which is required in red zone execution. Very clean delivery, not a whole lot of wasted movement. I've seen him look down the field and then quickly check down, which is something I absolutely love in a QB. He's very accurate with those bubble screens to WRs, and doesn't throw low or behind that often (Ahem, Kizer). Perhaps my favorite trait is his ability to calmly "climb" the pocket and keep his head up. He's also shown that he'll take a hit while delivering a strike. Has nice timing on RB screens and really sells the play without panicking. Has a calmness about him and did I mention I love his passes over the middle and down the seam? 

Rosen isn't perfect, and there will be some who nitpick him to death, but I see him being the first player taken in the draft, and I believe it'll be almost a consensus pick by the time the draft gets here. 

Rosen is my #1, (did I mention he can throw an end zone fade pass? Ahem, Kizer), but my number 2 is Lamar Jackson. I realize Lamar is nowhere near as refined, but when you go back and watch what he can do, he really gets you wondering. It's not like the guy can't throw or anything, quite the contrary. Lamar can throw it with absurd accuracy and he'll attack both the middle and the sidelines. His ability to make a play on 3rd down is legendary, and if it's 3rd and short, he puts a TON of pressure on the defense because of his running abilities. Lamar basically farts 5 yards every time he takes off, and he's a guy who can gash for 20 yards and prance out of bounds without taking a hit. He's extremely sudden and possesses almost unfair acceleration. If we don't draft him, and I'm hoping we get Rosen, Lamar is a guy I'm be watching with a ton of interest. 

Two back shoulder strikes for TD's last game right square on the money. and both delivered before the WR even turned his head back to the QB. Find a way to get his favorite receiver too. Nothing like a prior connection as a go to option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×