THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Good thing my lovely assistant was rubbing my ball early this morning, reminding me that we have an early week AFCN Contest.

Being 7 games back with 7 games to go, the Browns may be reduced to hoping for a Wild Card,  but the Steelers can't get complacent with the other two.

Tennessee at Pittsburgh 8:35 PM Thursday Night Football

Big Ben Rapeasouras having his worst seaon in a decade with the best weapons of his career has to be a concern for Stiller fans going forward, but TGZ considers the Titans the most overrated team in the NFL according to his own personal power poll, so the Steelers should be in good position standings-wise, with or without a decent QB, with another home win. STEELERS 30 TITANS 21

Jacksonville at Cleveland 1:00 PM

Unlike the Tits, the Jags are the real deal and will win the AFC South. But they are walking into a trap in the AFC North this week. The Browns have played three consecutive tough opponents tight into the second half in recent weeks, and they are due to catch one off guard playing at home. Deshone Kizer looks like he had the light come on after the botched A.J. McCarrion trade, and gets his #1 WR back this week. Myles Garrett will rattle Balaky Bortles into a couple costly picks. BROWNS 28 JAGUARS 26

Baltimore at Green Bay 1:00 PM

The Packers will lose to all of the good teams without Rodgers. Hell, even the mediocre teams like Baltimore. RAVENS 23 PACKERS 20

Cincinnati at Denver 4:25 PM

Gonna be honest, I have no idea which way to go with this one.  I didn't see neither Denver's defense nor the Bungles offense being this inept ... but they are. Let's take the Broncos because Bengal fans are a bunch of pussies, but I wouldn't touch this one as a betting man. BRONCOS 21 BUNGLES 16

TGZ

10 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Good thing my lovely assistant was rubbing my ball early this morning, reminding me that we have an early week AFCN Contest.

Being 7 games back with 7 games to go, the Browns may be reduced to hoping for a Wild Card,  but the Steelers can't get complacent with the other two.

Pittsburgh at Tennessee 8:35 PM Thursday Night Football

Big Ben Rapeasouras having his worst seaon in a decade with the best weapons of his career has to be a concern for Stiller fans going forward, but TGZ considers the Titans the most overrated team in the NFL according to his own personal power poll, so the Steelers should be in good position standings-wise, with or without a decent QB, with another road win. STEELERS 24 TITANS 21

Maybe she rubbed your ball too hard (you only have one?, never mind..don't answer that),   the Squeelers/Titans game is in Pittspuke not Tennessee.. 

You picked the Browns again...   I'm shocked!  :-)

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Maybe she rubbed your ball too hard (you only have one?, never mind..don't answer that),   the Squeelers/Titans game is in Pittspuke not Tennessee.. 

You picked the Browns again...   I'm shocked!  :-)

Whoops ... fixed.

The Steeler game that is. The Browns will indeed win ... take it to the bank.

Zombo

I agree with the picks, except for the Browns one. Hopefully I am wrong. 

It is going to be interesting TNF broadcast from the sky cam point of view. 

Zoey's back? Front?

I'll jump in for tonite's tilt and do the rest later...

image.png.aee7de8a33b02b486188b401b15f6a6d.png

TN @ PTG (-7.0) TNF

Both teams look healthy per Roto's practice reports, so non-factor there. Spread is basically the standard home field offset, but Heinz, a/h/a "the big ketchup bottle, is not just any home field.

The Steelers have suffered two embarrassing losses this season: Week 3 vs. da Bearsss and Week 5 vs. the Jags. After both losses they bounced back with big wins dominating the Ravens Week 4 and beating a then, world-beating KC squad Week 6. They are now coming off an embarrassing win over the Colts.

The Titans are gelling. MM is looking better with each outing since his return in part due him running again. Their D has played the run very well in their current 4-game win streak vs the Colts and the other three AFCN teams, but... they haven't been dominant. Their last three wins have come by 3, 4 and 4 points. This owed mostly to the fact that until last week, vs. Cinci, they have not been able to run the ball effectively. Well guess what? No one has run on the Steelers in four weeks.

In two games this season, their loses to da Bearsss and JAX, has anyone been able to run on them. I do not think TN will either.... not even with the leash off MM. The combination of the Steelers' speed on D and zone coverage should limit any damage MM's legs can do.

I think if this one were a fight, it'd be stopped in the mid-rounds...

Prediction: PTG 44 TN 16

More later...

Well the Browns winning was my upset special in my thread on most likely team(s) to beat so I have to go with Z.   23-21 Browns.

And I took Antonio Brown to score me some points this week in my fantasy league, so got to be hopeful there too.  34-27 Squealers

Have Zoey's huge selfies made me see things backwards or is it my x-ray vision had to go into overdrive? Does she wash cars too?

TN @ PTG (-7.0) TNF

FINAL: PTG 40 TN 17

As the saying goes.... I think I pretty much nailed that one. Hope it's a harbinger of things to come.

I could use a good harbinger down the stretch....

image.png.e63aab0652ae5c6793b32cc294a58eca.png

More later...

44 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

TN @ PTG (-7.0) TNF

FINAL: PTG 40 TN 17

As the saying goes.... I think I pretty much nailed that one. Hope it's a harbinger of things to come.

I could use a good harbinger down the stretch....

More later...

You nailed Titans - Steelers game, definitely. Props, man. 

If I read the table correctly, 'Straight-up' means that you guessed who wins, and 'Vs. the Spread' that you guessed by how much? What does YTD mean? 

You can guess I'm not a better myself, but now I regret not signing for this years Pick'em, Fantasy or Survivor! 

26 minutes ago, Nero said:

You nailed Titans - Steelers game, definitely. Props, man. 

If I read the table correctly, 'Straight-up' means that you guessed who wins, and 'Vs. the Spread' that you guessed by how much? What does YTD mean? 

You can guess I'm not a better myself, but now I regret not signing for this years Pick'em, Fantasy or Survivor! 

Right Nero. The spread is the Las Vegas betting line. I think Sunday the Jaguars are favored by 7.5 points against the Browns. If you took Cleveland, we'd have to lose by less than that to win money. YTD is year to date.

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Right Nero. The spread is the Las Vegas betting line. I think Sunday the Jaguars are favored by 7.5 points against the Browns. If you took Cleveland, we'd have to lose by less than that to win money.

OK. And the YTD? It amazes me how much you americans enjoy acronyms. It's a pain in the butt when you're new to something lol 

21 minutes ago, Nero said:

OK. And the YTD? It amazes me how much you americans enjoy acronyms. It's a pain in the butt when you're new to something lol 

He said that YTD is "Year to Date".   If you want to know where that term is primarily used.....look on your pay stub.

21 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Fournette didn't practice with an apparently ankle injury.   Would certainly give us a bit more hope if he doesn't play.

I never support rival players getting injured... But I do support taking their time to heal injuries. Come on, Leonard, you don't have to take risks just for this Sunday... 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

He said that YTD is "Year to Date".   If you want to know where that term is primarily used.....look on your pay stub.

He edited later his message. I don't recall what's that term in Spanish, but we have definitely one. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I never support rival players getting injured... But I do support taking their time to heal injuries. Come on, Leonard, you don't have to take risks just for this Sunday... 

Now look here my friend, I had Antonio Brown earn me 224 points in my football fantasy league and I have Fornette going against a Collins-less Browns D that is ripe for the pickings. He's got to play for me to claim the big weekly prize because he was suspended last week about an hour before their game and got me zero points. I've been blanked this year so far and am getting desperate for a win.B)

It's not our fault if you have no eye for RBs, Ag... ;)

19 hours ago, hoorta said:

Right Nero. The spread is the Las Vegas betting line. I think Sunday the Jaguars are favored by 7.5 points against the Browns. If you took Cleveland, we'd have to lose by less than that to win money. YTD is year to date.

I use the final/most recent Yahoo Pick'em line.

picking the squealers to win is uncivilized. meanwhile, the Browns are going to win this one, because I

will be at the game, and I can cheer louder than Canton Mike....:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

picking the squealers to win is uncivilized. meanwhile, the Browns are going to win this one, because I

will be at the game, and I can cheer louder than Canton Mike....:rolleyes:

That's putting an old man in his place!:lol:

ONE MAN'S OPINION SATURDAY AFTERNOON EDITION.......

Winless and witless. That sums up the Browns. Only Cleveland could outgain the Lions, 413-335, while dominating time of possession and still fail to cover as double-digit underdogs. The Browns are 8-27-1 (23%) ATS in their last 36 games. DeShone Kizer is showing improvement although his 14 turnovers in eight starts remains a killer. He does get his top receiver, Corey Coleman, back this week.

The Browns rank fourth in run defense. They’ve permitted just four rushing touchdowns. The Jaguars are run-oriented with Leonard Fournette and in letdown mode after a thrilling home overtime victory against the Chargers. Cleveland has lost four games by three points.  (Ah-ha a clue!)

SO WHAT TO DO? WELL THE BROWNS ARE +8' THIS WEEK AND THEY KEEP LOSING BY 3, SO TRY TO FIND SOMEONE YOU DON'T ALREADY OWE MONEY TO AND BORROW AS MUCH AS YOU CAN GET ON THE BROWNS.......hey they're due, right?;)

GO BROWNS!

And still in crystal ball time give me the LA Rams +1, NE -7 and DEN -2' with GB +1 to round it out.

Alrightie then... time to wrap up this week. So with the TNF wind at my back... could be gas... here we go...

BLT @ GB (+1.0)

Ummmm... did I read that right? GB's only geting one??? Who died in BLT? Their entire defense?

GB has no QB... no RB... no D...

Bartender... next round is on me.

Prediction: BLT 17 GB 10

Cin @ DNV (-2.5)

There ya go yahoo... at least making a guy think.

Denver's D is pissed that they are playing poorly. Tells me something... that they are playing poorly. But can they turn to The Brockweiler for inspiration?

I'm just kidding...

Prediction: CIN 24 DNV 16

And last, but just last....

JAX @ CLE (+8.5)

Man... I want to believe... I really do... in at least a cover. Yahoo is turning the screws with this one.

Kizer's coming... Corey's back... Crow flashed... Duke is ballin'... but... ... ... Oh, that Jags D... as in OMG, that Jags D. I need to smoke on this one... brb...

(Minutes later)... Well, that did not help. "Picked a bad week to stop sniffin' glue." Are you playing Shon? Calias and I want to know... we, or at least I, need to know. Inactives are out any minute now... so... tee-dum-dum... weather check... 37 and flurries in CLE w/ 14 mph wind... not JAX weather... but shouldn't phase a ND kid... colder, but lil less wind in Lambeau... no impact there... In the 50's in Denver? With no wind... Andy should like that so we good there... **refreshes Inactives report*** ... C'mon Tour, Z picked them all days ago... True, but he always picks us... True... Man, NFL.com is a slow site... Hey, rotoworld has an inactives tab! And a weather tab to boot. Never noticed that before... Hey, Tour, aren't you worried about giving away your Process? LOL... well if anyone else can make sense of this, then more power to them... LOL... LOL... My Precious... Who said that??? 10:29... any moment now... Hey, Tour... What? Prolly already up on twitter.... I effin' hate twitter... Wait, roto's Inactives is " Only Available For Subscribers"... Great, now i hate rotoworld, too... too-de-doodlely-doo... Our incactives are up... Yes, I know just posted them in the game day thread...

So...

Two of JAX's starting OL and one back-up are OUT. And our Shon is IN. AS we all know games turn on the OL. So I'm down...

Prediction: CLE 21 JAX 14

Each D scores... thinking it's a Kindred Pick 6 for us... maybe a scoop and score for JAX. But we contain Fournette and Ivory putting the game in Bortles cold hands.

Meanwhile Calias gets the better of Shon a couple times, but in the end does not best him. Crowel continues to roll-well while Duke does his dinky-doo excepting one long wheel route for one score. Our other... a Kizer run where he meets and runs over Gipson at the GL. Pretty sure I see Kizer leading us in rushing today.

Wow, almost happened in Q1..

So...

Two of JAX's starting OL and one back-up are OUT. And our Shon is IN. AS we all know games turn on the OL. So I'm down...

Each D scores... thinking it's a Kindred Pick 6 for us... maybe a scoop and score for JAX. But we contain Fournette and Ivory putting the game in Bortles cold hands.

Meanwhile Calias gets the better of Shon a couple times, but in the end does not best him. Crowel continues to roll-well while Duke does his dinky-doo excepting one long wheel route for one score. Our other... a Kizer run where he meets and runs over Gipson at the GL. Pretty sure I see Kizer leading us in rushing today.

Yeah, but I forgot to look at Drango and Zeitler... ;)

Anywho...

BLT @ GB (+1.0)

Prediction: BLT 17 GB 10

FINAL: BLT 23 GB 0 - W/W... GB's egg was bigger than I thought...

Cin @ DNV (-2.5)

Prediction: CIN 24 DNV 16

FINAL: CIN 20 DNV 17 - W/W... pretty close...

And last, but just last....

JAX @ CLE (+8.5)

FINAL: JAX 19 CLE 7 - L/L... oh well... only the late TD cost us the cover.

image.png.19586e93d36e8b15be3361b928ed7728.png

On 11/18/2017 at 3:38 PM, mjp28 said:

And still in crystal ball time give me the LA Rams +1, NE -7 and DEN -2' with GB +1 to round it out.

I got skunked again starting with our beloved but totally inept Brownies........geeezzz professional football sucks! :lol:

Something to shoot for,  beat 0-14!

ScheduleEdit

Regular season
Week Date Opponent Result Kickoff[a] Venue TV Attendance Record
1 September 12 at Houston Oilers L 0–20 2:00 The Astrodome NBC 42,228 0–1
2 September 19 San Diego Chargers L 0–23 1:00 Tampa Stadium NBC 39,558 0–2
3 September 26 Buffalo Bills L 9–14 1:00 Tampa Stadium NBC 44,505 0–3
4 October 3 at Baltimore Colts L 17–42 2:00 Memorial Stadium NBC 40,053 0–4
5 October 10 at Cincinnati Bengals L 0–21 1:00 Riverfront Stadium NBC 40,700 0–5
6 October 17 Seattle Seahawks L 10–13 1:00 Tampa Stadium CBS 43,458 0–6
7 October 24 Miami Dolphins L 20–23 4:00 Tampa Stadium NBC 61,437 0–7
8 October 31 Kansas City Chiefs L 19–28 1:00 Tampa Stadium NBC 41,779 0–8
9 November 7 at Denver Broncos L 13–48 4:00 Mile High Stadium NBC 61,703 0–9
10 November 14 at New York Jets L 0–34 1:00 Shea Stadium NBC 46,427 0–10
11 November 21 Cleveland Browns L 7–24 1:00 Tampa Stadium NBC 36,930 0–11
12 November 28 at Oakland Raiders L 16–49 4:00 Oakland–Alameda County Coliseum NBC 49,590 0–12
13 December 5 at Pittsburgh Steelers L 0–42 1:00 Three Rivers Stadium NBC 43,385 0–13
14 December 12 New England Patriots L 14–31 1:00 Tampa Stadium NBC 41,517 0–14

Archived