THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam knew about sales scheme: former Pilot exec

Orion

https://sports.yahoo.com/cleveland-browns-owner-jimmy-haslam-191700615.html?src=rss

I've been saying for years, "Of course he knew about it.  He probably TAUGHT it.".  - I mean really, if he DIDN'T know about what was going on right under his nose he'd have to be about the dumbest company owner ever.  No?

I've gotta admit....I'm incredibly surprised that he's been shielded from this for all of this time.  I was ALMOST about to believe that maybe he WAS the dumbest company owner ever.

The thing is, he was quite involved with the Browns.  It would seem like he'd just HAVE to have his hands involved in everything.  

...and frankly, he's always struck me as the conniving sort.

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

sounds to me like he wants a plea deal and is willing to dump on Haslam. Haslam was plenty successful and rich enough

without resorting to the dumb stuff.

Never underestimate human greed though Cal.  Remember- Haslam didn't build Pilot from scratch, he inherited it. 

So it turns out that Freeman  is on tape saying that haslam loved the scam to rip off truckers out of their earned rebates. And here I was thinking that he is all innocent of crime but guilty of being a sucker. So now my first thoughts are like.... I wonder what Jimmah thinks of BBC? And, Do they serve Papa John's Pizza in a federal prison?

If it's true that our beloved Browns owner is guilty of being a theif, would the NFL find him too immoral to own a NFL team? Forced sale? That could mean an ownership group including Bernie Kosar and some other Ohio guys.  Football people that know the game. Not  a bunch of crooks. The analytics are showing analprobes for jimmah and competent ownership for the Browns! He can take his numerology bullcrap and shove it where the sun don't shine...anally.

10 hours ago, Orion said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/cleveland-browns-owner-jimmy-haslam-191700615.html?src=rss

I've been saying for years, "Of course he knew about it.  He probably TAUGHT it.".  - I mean really, if he DIDN'T know about what was going on right under his nose he'd have to be about the dumbest company owner ever.  No?

I was on the dumbest ever side. But it turns out he's a thief. Will the NFL force him to sell?  Will Buffett get stiffed in all this?  Selling flying J to him makes more sense now. What a freaking soap opera.  

"The Knoxville News Sentinel reports the jury in the federal fraud trial of former Pilot Flying J executives and sales representatives heard a recording of former vice president John "Stick" Freeman saying Haslam was aware of the scheme to deprive trucking customers of the diesel discounts they had negotiated.

In Freeman's words: "He knew — absolutely."

This is a recording of "hearsay evidence" not a recording of Jimmy himself. It means absolutely nothing in a court of law unless witnesses in Jimmy's trial attest that he "knew everything". You'd think one or more who knew would have turned on him in a plea bargain by now.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

"The Knoxville News Sentinel reports the jury in the federal fraud trial of former Pilot Flying J executives and sales representatives heard a recording of former vice president John "Stick" Freeman saying Haslam was aware of the scheme to deprive trucking customers of the diesel discounts they had negotiated.

This is a recording of "hearsay evidence" not a recording of Jimmy himself. It means absolutely nothing in a court of law unless witnesses in Jimmy's trial attest that he "knew everything". You'd think one or more who knew would have turned on him in a plea bargain by now.

If Haslam was Italian guy from Brooklyn he would already had major RICO charges slapped against him.

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Jury got to hear it, it means something. Did you see where they wanted to rip off the firm run by the Gambino family too? Brilliant!

Just now, flyingfooldoug said:

Jury got to hear it, it means something. Did you see where they wanted to rip off the firm run by the Gambino family too? Brilliant!

For Jimmy's sake I hope it was a fish company or else he sleeps with 'em.;)

Just now, flyingfooldoug said:

May happen yet. He was messing with the Gambino's too

Dumb hillbilly was bringing a knife to a gunfight.

As someone whose family one way or another has been involved in trucking since the 40s, when my grandfather started his trucking business, Haslam can rot in a jail cell. 

42 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Dumb hillbilly was bringing a knife to a gunfight.

As someone whose family one way or another has been involved in trucking since the 40s, when my grandfather started his trucking business, Haslam can rot in a jail cell. 

I've just been reading more on this. Try this number. $450,000a month is what they were defrauding truckers out of on their fuel.  And emails were sent from execs to Jimmy StupidShmuckinghillbilly informing him.  If he loves the analytics he set in place for the Browns, I wonder what he'll think of the analprobing he can get in the federal lockup.BBC anyone? 

31 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

his is a recording of "hearsay evidence" not a recording of Jimmy himself.

Correct.

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

So it turns out that Freeman wore a wire and Haslam is on tape saying that he loved the scam

Not correct.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Remember- Haslam didn't build Pilot from scratch, he inherited it.

He and his father were both involved in the purchase idea of the truck stops.  While traveling they stopped at a truck stop or two and took notice of the amount of business they were doing and saw dollar signs.

11 minutes ago, Orion said:

Correct.

Not correct.

He and his father were both involved in the purchase idea of the truck stops.  While traveling they stopped at a truck stop or two and took notice of the amount of business they were doing and saw dollar signs.

Freeman is the one speaking about Haslam. Sorry about the confusion. Either way, it sure looks like James is pretty dirty in this

I other news... water is wet.

12 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

When the FBI opens an investigation into you or your company, you are in a world of Sheet.

Unless of course you are making America great again?

Eh, while I could easily believe he knew I could also easily believe he didn't. One guy very much trying to save his butt from the feds saying he knew doesn't sway me one way or the other.

The simple truth is that while you're responsible for a company you lead, your hands as a CEO aren't in every cookie jar. 

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I've just been reading more on this. Try this number. $450,000a month is what they were defrauding truckers out of on their fuel.  And emails were sent from execs to Jimmy StupidShmuckinghillbilly informing him.  If he loves the analytics he set in place for the Browns, I wonder what he'll think of the analprobing he can get in the federal lockup.BBC anyone? 

They put people like Haslam in a Federal Prison Camp.  He would never go to a maximum security prison.  

15 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

The simple truth is that while you're responsible for a company you lead, your hands as a CEO aren't in every cookie jar. 

While true this was a company wide program with major implications for the bottom line meaning costs projections were done. While I grant you that upside surprises garner less scrutiny than shortfalls, the less-than-expected cost of this program would be apparent to any engaged CEO.

If Jimmah dis not know, then it was because he was he either did not want to know or simply was curious enough.

7 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Big difference.  The FBI doesn't work for Haslam.

And historically the FBI doesn't "work" for the President.

Archived