What a 6th Grader Thinks About The Browns

D Bone

42 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not sure what I hate the most...

• the beer,
  • the commercial, or
  • that this is becoming a catch phrase.

Dilly Dilly!:P

And quit messin' with my beer. I can't stand the Sheet- but I do own stock in it because they are great marketers of swill.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

DieHard literally ran to the moderators on this board with his buddy calfox when his feelings got oh so hurt, and he calls someone else a snowflake. That's hilarious.

This song was #1 on the Billboard Chart the day I was born (1/7/52)......yet you say that it is DieHard's theme song?

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Dilly Dilly!:P

And quit messin' with my beer. I can't stand the Sheet- but I do own stock in it because they are great marketers of swill.

Ah invests in 'Merica, baby...

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Ah invests in 'Merica, baby...

If I'm lucky Bud will come out with April Fools beer with a Trumplike character pushing it during NASCAR season!:D

"For all those fools who voted for me, bottoms up!"

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

• the beer,
  • the commercial, or

Am I the only person alive who hasn't seen this commercial?   I can't remember the last commercial I actually watched.

44 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Am I the only person alive who hasn't seen this commercial?   I can't remember the last commercial I actually watched.

Off to the pit of misery with him...

(I'm going to hate myself in the morning...)

7 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I am not going to watch it now.   I kinda like being out of the loop on certain things.

On behalf of Sashi & Co... FIFY! ;)

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

t going to watch it now.   I kinda like being out of the loop on certain things.

On behalf of Sashi & Co... FIFY! ;)

Dilly Dilly!:D

Now Mark's curiosity will get him in the end.:P

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

• the beer,
  • the commercial, or

All of the above? BTW, that was the first time I saw that commercial via your post.   Or that people will actually pay $10 for watered down Lite at a football game? 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

All of the above? BTW, that was the first time I saw that commercial via your post.   Or that people will actually pay $10 for watered down Lite at a football game? 

Had the most floral red I've ever tasted, h, in the Burgundy region. It was spectacular. Tried to find the vineyard/winery without any luck. Will post pic of label later.

What a trip... every three-day stop... Burgundy, the south, the Loire Valley... was like a long weekend in Napa... minus the wildfires.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Hey.. Being the wine lover you are.. Ever had Beuhler wines?.. They make the best damn Chardonnay you ever tasted..

https://www.wineaccess.com/search/?q=buehler+wines&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_campaign=Bing_Search_Beta_Wines_USA_NapaValley&utm_term=buehler wines&utm_content=90pointaroundtheworldweb?utm_source=bing

9 minutes ago, nickers said:

Better than Cakebread's Reserve?

36 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Better than Cakebread's Reserve?

Haven't had that one.. I'm not a wine drinker per se... But I will have an occasional Wine with a good pasta dinner or something around the holidays.. Had My share of various wines over the years.. This one just has a taste all its own.. Its rather smooth and buttery is the only way I can describe it.

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Haven't had that one.. I'm not a wine drinker per se... But I will have an occasional Wine with a good pasta dinner or something around the holidays.. Had My share of various wines over the years.. This one just has a taste all its own.. Its rather smooth and buttery is the only way I can describe it.

That in the proverbial nutshell in Cakebread Reserve... or at least it was. I haven't had it years. Due to restaurant demand it usually doesn't make it to retail outfits although I found a small stock in a Long Island wine store in '05.

Couple weeks ago there it was in my regular store here in East TX. Bought two bottles and will pop the first a week from today with "the bird".

Found this little wine when touring Napa one year. You don't even have to buy the upper end one since it won a double gold one year in the San F. Wine contest.

Honig Cabernet Sauvignon. Very, very good with a fine filet or t-bone. You can read some of the reviews in the link. They are spot on.

http://www.totalwine.com/red-wine/cabernet-sauvignon/honig-cabernet-napa/p/93908750-1?glia=true&s=510&pid=cpc:Shopping+US+TEXA+ENG+SPART:::google:&gclid=Cj0KCQiAi7XQBRDnARIsANeLIeuvYX6P5FgGVQp4xlfEjLf5-qGhnDBmeidHBxPrMuHnK1956k6wBF0aAkw-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Found this little wine when touring Napa one year. You don't even have to buy the upper end one since it won a double gold one year in the San F. Wine contest.

Honig Cabernet Sauvignon. Very, very good with a fine filet or t-bone. You can read some of the reviews in the link. They are spot on.

http://www.totalwine.com/red-wine/cabernet-sauvignon/honig-cabernet-napa/p/93908750-1?glia=true&s=510&pid=cpc:Shopping+US+TEXA+ENG+SPART:::google:&gclid=Cj0KCQiAi7XQBRDnARIsANeLIeuvYX6P5FgGVQp4xlfEjLf5-qGhnDBmeidHBxPrMuHnK1956k6wBF0aAkw-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've had Honig... very nice at a middling price point... mid-30-ish IIRC. Splurged a tad more on Grgich a couple times... really good stuff. Went bonkers in Napa and bought a Grgich Reerve that was lights out... and should have been for the price.

My everyday, high-value cab has moved to H3, a/k/a Horse Haven Hills, recently. Its current vintage is running really strong. At ~$13 a bottle it's very hard to beat.

8 hours ago, nickers said:

Beuhler? I have indeed, (not for a long time though) but not their chard. I'm a huge fan of big oaky chardonnays in that style. Their cabernet was a mouthful of red, and California wine that you could age for a long time. 

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Had the most floral red I've ever tasted, h, in the Burgundy region. It was spectacular. Tried to find the vineyard/winery without any luck. Will post pic of label later.

What a trip... every three-day stop... Burgundy, the south, the Loire Valley... was like a long weekend in Napa... minus the wildfires.

Hope to make it over to Burgundy one day Tour. Many of my wine friends have made the trip and say it's memorable. 

1 hour ago, RoyceRolls said:

Aldi has a $4 bottle of merlot that is pretty good.

Hey, I'm no wine snob, but maybe one day me, Tour, and Ag can swill a bottle or three out of my cellar.  I get more fun out of finding a cheapo than spending a lot on something else. I recently bought a bunch of an Italian rose that was $5 bucks on post off. Hey, it was Beaujolais Nouveau Day today, went out tasting with my pals, recommend  the Domaine Rochette $14, the Georges DuBoef was sort of watery. They were also pouring the Fleur de Pingus- (for us uppity folks)  ha it's their "second" bargain wine for the masses- a mere $95 a bottle. Regular Pingus is now on the high side of $700 bucks. Being retired, my booze budget has shrunk considerably. As I like to tell my wine class- to quote August Sebastiani- "if the first sip invites another, the wine is good." Also as I tell the kids- it's Larry's Logarithmic Law of diminishing returns. Just because a wine is ten times more expensive doesn't make it ten times better.  :)  Unfortunately today , the very top wines have become "trophy" wines for collector millionaires with unlimited wine budgets. A bottle of Romanee Conti (DRC) Burgundy- if you're lucky enough to find one-  would set you back $10,000. For sure, not 100X better than a $100 bottle. Just remember guys, when you come right down to it- it's fermented grape juice.  

I've had Honig... very nice at a middling price point... mid-30-ish IIRC. Splurged a tad more on Grgich a couple times... really good stuff. Went bonkers in Napa and bought a Grgich Reerve that was lights out... and should have been for the price.

My everyday, high-value cab has moved to H3, a/k/a Horse Haven Hills, recently. Its current vintage is running really strong. At ~$13 a bottle it's very hard to beat.

Ah Grgich Hills! Got a really excellent 2001 stashed in my wine refrigerator. Took my Mom on a tasting tour there and she was just going bananas over it until I told her the cost. She asked me who in their right mind would pay that kind of money even for a wine that good. She almost choked when I told her I had just bought a bottle. Of course she was a child of the depression and always squeezed Lincoln half blind every time she let go of a penny, so there's that.:D

I'll check out 3H. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: My Mom married again after my Dad passed away and lived in Cal. about an hour from Napa. They guy who owned the luxury apartment building where they lived was a retired dentist who had an extensive wine cellar. As he was showing me how his temp and humidity control systems worked I happened to look down and spotted a bottle of 1970 Lafite Rothchild. Now a fine Bordeaux like that will set you back $1000 for a very good year. But 1970 was a great year that might happen 2-4 times a century and he had kept it in ideal conditions going on 40 years at that time. Had to be close to a $10,000 bottle. Had a hard time getting my jaw back in place.

PS-And he is the person who recommended I visit Grgich Hills while there.

36 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ah Grgich Hills! Got a really excellent 2001 stashed in my wine refrigerator. Took my Mom on a tasting tour there and she was just going bananas over it until I told her the cost. She asked me who in their right mind would pay that kind of money even for a wine that good. She almost choked when I told her I had just bought a bottle. Of course she was a child of the depression and always squeezed Lincoln half blind every time she let go of a penny, so there's that.:D

I'll check out 3H. Thanks for the tip.

I'll ditto what Tour said about the H3. Horse Heaven Hills. A bunch of Washington State wines are great values. Columbia Crest is a great bang for the buck. Sadly, Chateau St. Michelle downgraded the Indian Wells Vineyard merlot to just "Indian Wells" not the same stuff, and a step down, though it's still pretty good wine. Regarding Grgich, on my one trip to Napa, who walks in the tasting room but Mike Grgich. Everyone in the room started grabbing bottles and asked him to autograph them. I still have an empty in my memorabilia collection in the cellar. :)  

For you non-winos, it would be the equivalent of LeBron walking into the team shop.  

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'll ditto what Tour said about the H3. Horse Heaven Hills. A bunch of Washington State wines are great values. Columbia Crest is a great bang for the buck. Sadly, Chateau St. Michelle downgraded the Indian Wells Vineyard merlot to just "Indian Wells" not the same stuff, and a step down, though it's still pretty good wine. Regarding Grgich, on my one trip to Napa, who walks in the tasting room but Mike Grgich. Everyone in the room started grabbing bottles and asked him to autograph them. I still have an empty in my memorabilia collection in the cellar. :)  

I didn't have sense enough to get him to autograph the bottle he sold me. But he did spend time with my Mom telling her about the history of his vineyard. Nice guy.

Larry I edited my prior post with a little sidenote.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I didn't have sense enough to get him to autograph the bottle he sold me. But he did spend time with my Mom telling her about the history of his vineyard. Nice guy.

Larry I edited my prior post with a little sidenote.

& I'll edit my original post.  :)  

Archived