oneartist

Josh Gordon - the missing piece

Just watched video of the Browns WRs catching passes on practice. They had a lefty throwing the passes. Isn’t it different catching a pass from a lefty?

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Don't worry, whether he plays or not this week is not on our brain-trusts.

Thank goodness! :)

• Haha 1

I'm so proud of Josh Gordon. All the time invested in praying for him and supporting him is about to finally pay off! 

We are truly getting a player that is BETTER than any first round draft pick in a very long time. 

Gordon is a transcendent player - he akin to LeBron James to football.

Kid is a godsend and just what we've needed since he left. We haven't barley won a game since he left. 

Now is the time, things are about to change! 

...if we could just get Hogan in the game... 

11 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I'm so proud of Josh Gordon. All the time invested in praying for him and supporting him is about to finally pay off! 

We are truly getting a player that is BETTER than any first round draft pick in a very long time. 

Kid is a godsend and just what we've needed since he left. We haven't barley won a game since he left. 

Kids are told not to say the F-word. 

Are we going to have to give you the same treatment with the H-word? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Kids are told not to say the F-word. 

Are we going to have to give you the same treatment with the H-word? 

Haha, yeah it sucks, I know. But I just gotta state it as it is man. I gotta be true to myself.

So my thinking is; If I'm the coach of this team, at 1-25, I'm taking every opportunity to try anything, turn over every rock, check every nook and cranny. If there is even the slimmest chance of finding a gem, I'm fittin to dig a hole.

I do not feel as if the Hogan approach has been sufficiently satisfied, there are still a lot of unanswered questions and potential there. I mean the dude makes plays. Why NOT run Hogan in a few WildDawg formations a game to throw off a Defense? He CAN do that. I don't care if he's the starter or plays 10 snaps a game, but he can make plays. I don't think that he has been given the correct assessment or opportunity. 

3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Just watched video of the Browns WRs catching passes on practice. They had a lefty throwing the passes. Isn’t it different catching a pass from a lefty?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000881458/article/hes-back-josh-gordon-returns-to-browns-practice

36 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Haha, yeah it sucks, I know. But I just gotta state it as it is man. I gotta be true to myself.

So my thinking is; If I'm the coach of this team, at 1-25, I'm taking every opportunity to try anything, turn over every rock, check every nook and cranny. If there is even the slimmest chance of finding a gem, I'm fittin to dig a hole.

I do not feel as if the Hogan approach has been sufficiently satisfied, there are still a lot of unanswered questions and potential there. I mean the dude makes plays. Why NOT run Hogan in a few WildDawg formations a game to throw off a Defense? He CAN do that. I don't care if he's the starter or plays 10 snaps a game, but he can make plays. I don't think that he has been given the correct assessment or opportunity. 

If I recall right, many people in this board - I would even dare to say the majority - were OK giving Hogan a chance as a starter vs the Texans, and he undeperformed and lost the job. The same people who were OK giving him a chance in the first place, decided that benching him in favour of Kizer was the right decisions. 

I know the results haven't come and we still winless, but you are the only one who thinks that Hogan would be the solution, or at least a better option, and whereas I love the enthusiasm and optimism you show in your posts, mentioning Hogan in every one of them just makes you lose credit. Heck, I think you have an interesting approach to the draft (thread 'Should we draft a qb with #1?') but as you mentioned Hogan and keeping all three QBs I think that's the only thing that caught the eye of everyone in your post. You're just going to make everyone run out of their patience.

In my opinion, Hogan is a 5th round that didn't make the roster in an Andy Reid team, who I think knows a lot about QBs, and could be a decent QB, who can play well for a few snaps, but cannot play as starter. It happens with a lot of QBs, it's hard to play at pro level the whole game during all the season. 

29 minutes ago, Nero said:

If I recall right, many people in this board - I would even dare to say the majority - were OK giving Hogan a chance as a starter vs the Texans, and he undeperformed and lost the job. The same people who were OK giving him a chance in the first place, decided that benching him in favour of Kizer was the right decisions. 

I know the results haven't come and we still winless, but you are the only one who thinks that Hogan would be the solution, or at least a better option, and whereas I love the enthusiasm and optimism you show in your posts, mentioning Hogan in every one of them just makes you lose credit. Heck, I think you have an interesting approach to the draft (thread 'Should we draft a qb with #1?') but as you mentioned Hogan and keeping all three QBs I think that's the only thing that caught the eye of everyone in your post. You're just going to make everyone run out of their patience.

In my opinion, Hogan is a 5th round that didn't make the roster in an Andy Reid team, who I think knows a lot about QBs, and could be a decent QB, who can play well for a few snaps, but cannot play as starter. It happens with a lot of QBs, it's hard to play at pro level the whole game during all the season. 

As I said before you joined the board; Andy Reed's team had 4 or 5 QBs on it... and a few of those guys were established and pretty good in their own right. Hogan was probably going to go to the practice squad but decided on coming here because he felt that the opportunity to get a chance with our QB problems was the best chance. He only got in a half a game last year vs the bengals and set a Browns Franchise record- that's pretty good for a first crack at it, Kizer hasn't approached a single record except for the worst ever... This year he performed well in the backup job every chance he had. Something is amiss here, I can smell it.

40 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

As I said before you joined the board; Andy Reed's team had 4 or 5 QBs on it... and a few of those guys were established and pretty good in their own right. Hogan was probably going to go to the practice squad but decided on coming here because he felt that the opportunity to get a chance with our QB problems was the best chance. He only got in a half a game last year vs the bengals and set a Browns Franchise record- that's pretty good for a first crack at it, Kizer hasn't approached a single record except for the worst ever... This year he performed well in the backup job every chance he had. Something is amiss here, I can smell it.

The Andy Reid Chiefs were so stocked at QB in 2016 that they gave away the proverbial farm to trade up for Pat Mahomes in 2017.

I seriously wish there was a way to put a shock collar on you... it would go off every time you wrote the name Hogan.

• Haha 1

You can keep tryin Dutch but you'll never silence my free speech. ;)

Roger Good-hell your still a HoMo..Oct. 31st ya signed Gordon's reinstatement papers..Nov.22-yea!! Josh can practice with his new teammates..Dec. 3rd were going to put you on a cross country plane. You'll be playing the Chargers but (to f with you even more) we moved them to a LA rental stadium holding 35K ..Who's the real dope here? EDIT--All we can really do, is prey Josh finally got his head screwed (ahhh scratch screwed..bad josh word) on straight..It's probably not even fair to guess what talent Josh can bring this team? But what this guy has done to put himself to today from where he has been most his life.. Welcome Back to real football Flash..      

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

You can keep tryin Dutch but you'll never silence my free speech. ;)

You do realize Hogan's stint with the Browns is ending in six weeks, right?

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You do realize Hogan's stint with the Browns is ending in six weeks, right?

Probably not. But if it makes you feel better, tarry on :)

This FO is analytic based and Hogan is the only viable starter. 

The FO probably pushed for Hue to start Hogan and Hue set him up. 

And since the FO didn't get McCarron for Hue, Hue is gonna bench Kevin to spite the FO. 

It's a power struggle. The FO is right and my money is on cutting Kessler, who is a waste at this point when Kevin is better and they can resign him to a new deal and BACKUP with Starter Potential. Ala the Patriots model. Maybe they are sacrificing Kizer during the suckage and keeping Hogan healthy for next year... who knows anymore. But make no mistake, Crazy Kev is the best QB we got! 

7 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

If coach was white the liberals would be out with pitchforks at the toy reference... relax man it was just a joke.  But in america you cant make jokes

Nope, no one would care.

There is not a racial tone to it at all.

I remember when the Rays brought David Price up at the end of pennant race, Joe Madden said he had a new toy to play with in his bullpen.

I thought it was a cool statement, but didn't then, and don't now, see any racial tone to it whatsoever.

Coaches refer to players in a similar manner all the time.

In fact, I believe Gregg Williams said some about new toys for his defense when we drafted Garret and Peppers in the first round.

Z

Back on topic

I think we should put in a claim for CB Jalen Collins who was just waived by ATL.  He was a 2nd rounder in 2015 and was a big reason why the birds reached the SB.

Kizer needs to learn quickly that you cant overthrow Gordon.  A few videos I saw he had to slow down to catch the deep ball...

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Back on topic

I think we should put in a claim for CB Jalen Collins who was just waived by ATL.  He was a 2nd rounder in 2015 and was a big reason why the birds reached the SB.

Why'd they waive him?

The LSU DB curse continues...

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I'm proud of him too. I want him to get his life back. To maximize his potential, to be involved in his children's life, to be happy. Drugs take EVERYTHING from people who become addicted, and each and everyone of us know a person who battled or who IS battling this terrible scourge. Poor or rich, black or white, it doesn't matter. 

Cmon Josh...you can do this. Be the man, the player, and the teammate we need. Help us win a few games buddy. It's a tall order...but we need it. 

• Upvote 1

practice gif of him today. Nothing shocking but it's nice to see him on the field. Click the link up top.

On 11/23/2017 at 12:43 AM, wargograw said:

Why'd they waive him?

The LSU DB curse continues...

Just got off a 10 game suspension for performance enhancing substance. Probably in the last year of his rookie contract and they felt they could do better, or someone had played sufficiently well in his place, so they just ate the last few games of his contract. I am just guessing that from the circumstances.

Equally important to ask, why did he clear waivers?If NO ONE signs him now, there is something that did not come out yet. Interesting that KC just picked up Darrelle Revis, who is ten years older than Collins. 

Gordon won't measurably change the team, although he might help win 1 or 2 games. Hue Jackson is cancer. There is no overcoming this jackass. He stays, the Browns go 2 - 14 or worse next season.

On 11/22/2017 at 10:04 PM, PoeticG said:

This FO is analytic based and Hogan is the only viable starter. 

The FO probably pushed for Hue to start Hogan and Hue set him up. 

And since the FO didn't get McCarron for Hue, Hue is gonna bench Kevin to spite the FO. 

It's a power struggle. The FO is right and my money is on cutting Kessler, who is a waste at this point when Kevin is better and they can resign him to a new deal and BACKUP with Starter Potential. Ala the Patriots model. Maybe they are sacrificing Kizer during the suckage and keeping Hogan healthy for next year... who knows anymore. But make no mistake, Crazy Kev is the best QB we got! 

Don't get into what-ifs. Hue is fighting for his job- regardless what Haslam might say. IF he thought Hogan gave him the best chance to win regardless of "developing" Kizer, Kevin would be starting. PERIOD. So you're saying you know more than Hue? Go cry in your Trent Richardson towel. 

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Gordon won't measurably change the team, although he might help win 1 or 2 games. Hue Jackson is cancer. There is no overcoming this jackass. He stays, the Browns go 2 - 14 or worse next season.

Unless he magically becomes a better gameday coach these last 6 games, then I have to agree he is toast. Or at least should be.

Boy I tell ya...Josh Gordon looks and sounds terrific. I'm not talking about the little videos we saw from practice, I'm talking about the interviews he gave. He's very clear, even patient in his interviews with reporters asking stupid questions. He doesn't appear nervous or anxious, and the guy really seems like a better version of himself. I absolutely loved reading what Hue Jackson said about Josh. For those who don't know, Hue recently stated he "was done" with Gordon, and what changed his mind was doing some research on addiction. He went on to say that Josh has a disease, and that's what he is going through.  Hue PUBLICLY said these things, and that's so important. Important not only for Josh, but for people to understand addiction in general. Yes addicts can have some appalling behavior, but they are SICK. 

Physically, it's almost impossible to imagine Josh being in the kind of shape he's currently in, and it's a testament to his dedication. To be away from the NFL for that long and to come in and basically be ready to play is simply incredible. I'm literally not expecting Josh to be rusty in the least bit. In fact, the only reason he's not going to have tremendous success is because Kizer is completely miserable. I went back and watched a YouTube video of every Josh Gordon touchdown, and Kizer can't make any of those throws consistently. Say what you want about Weeden and Campbell, but there were some throws they were very good at. Mark my words, we're going to have Josh open multiple times for big play potential, and Kizer is going to screw it up. He might complete a few of them, but the ball placement will prohibit any yards after catch...something Gordon excels at with proper accuracy. Hope I'm wrong, but doubtful.