THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon - the missing piece

oneartist

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Back on topic

I think we should put in a claim for CB Jalen Collins who was just waived by ATL.  He was a 2nd rounder in 2015 and was a big reason why the birds reached the SB.

Why'd they waive him?

The LSU DB curse continues...

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I'm so proud of Josh Gordon. All the time invested in praying for him and supporting him is about to finally pay off! 

We are truly getting a player that is BETTER than any first round draft pick in a very long time. 

Gordon is a transcendent player - he akin to LeBron James to football.

Kid is a godsend and just what we've needed since he left. We haven't barley won a game since he left. 

Now is the time, things are about to change! 

...if we could just get Hogan in the game... 

I'm proud of him too. I want him to get his life back. To maximize his potential, to be involved in his children's life, to be happy. Drugs take EVERYTHING from people who become addicted, and each and everyone of us know a person who battled or who IS battling this terrible scourge. Poor or rich, black or white, it doesn't matter. 

Cmon Josh...you can do this. Be the man, the player, and the teammate we need. Help us win a few games buddy. It's a tall order...but we need it. 

On 11/23/2017 at 12:43 AM, wargograw said:

Why'd they waive him?

The LSU DB curse continues...

Just got off a 10 game suspension for performance enhancing substance. Probably in the last year of his rookie contract and they felt they could do better, or someone had played sufficiently well in his place, so they just ate the last few games of his contract. I am just guessing that from the circumstances.

Equally important to ask, why did he clear waivers?If NO ONE signs him now, there is something that did not come out yet. Interesting that KC just picked up Darrelle Revis, who is ten years older than Collins. 

Gordon won't measurably change the team, although he might help win 1 or 2 games. Hue Jackson is cancer. There is no overcoming this jackass. He stays, the Browns go 2 - 14 or worse next season.

On 11/22/2017 at 10:04 PM, PoeticG said:

This FO is analytic based and Hogan is the only viable starter. 

The FO probably pushed for Hue to start Hogan and Hue set him up. 

And since the FO didn't get McCarron for Hue, Hue is gonna bench Kevin to spite the FO. 

It's a power struggle. The FO is right and my money is on cutting Kessler, who is a waste at this point when Kevin is better and they can resign him to a new deal and BACKUP with Starter Potential. Ala the Patriots model. Maybe they are sacrificing Kizer during the suckage and keeping Hogan healthy for next year... who knows anymore. But make no mistake, Crazy Kev is the best QB we got! 

Don't get into what-ifs. Hue is fighting for his job- regardless what Haslam might say. IF he thought Hogan gave him the best chance to win regardless of "developing" Kizer, Kevin would be starting. PERIOD. So you're saying you know more than Hue? Go cry in your Trent Richardson towel. 

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Gordon won't measurably change the team, although he might help win 1 or 2 games. Hue Jackson is cancer. There is no overcoming this jackass. He stays, the Browns go 2 - 14 or worse next season.

Unless he magically becomes a better gameday coach these last 6 games, then I have to agree he is toast. Or at least should be.

Boy I tell ya...Josh Gordon looks and sounds terrific. I'm not talking about the little videos we saw from practice, I'm talking about the interviews he gave. He's very clear, even patient in his interviews with reporters asking stupid questions. He doesn't appear nervous or anxious, and the guy really seems like a better version of himself. I absolutely loved reading what Hue Jackson said about Josh. For those who don't know, Hue recently stated he "was done" with Gordon, and what changed his mind was doing some research on addiction. He went on to say that Josh has a disease, and that's what he is going through.  Hue PUBLICLY said these things, and that's so important. Important not only for Josh, but for people to understand addiction in general. Yes addicts can have some appalling behavior, but they are SICK. 

Physically, it's almost impossible to imagine Josh being in the kind of shape he's currently in, and it's a testament to his dedication. To be away from the NFL for that long and to come in and basically be ready to play is simply incredible. I'm literally not expecting Josh to be rusty in the least bit. In fact, the only reason he's not going to have tremendous success is because Kizer is completely miserable. I went back and watched a YouTube video of every Josh Gordon touchdown, and Kizer can't make any of those throws consistently. Say what you want about Weeden and Campbell, but there were some throws they were very good at. Mark my words, we're going to have Josh open multiple times for big play potential, and Kizer is going to screw it up. He might complete a few of them, but the ball placement will prohibit any yards after catch...something Gordon excels at with proper accuracy. Hope I'm wrong, but doubtful. 

36 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Boy I tell ya...Josh Gordon looks and sounds terrific. I'm not talking about the little videos we saw from practice, I'm talking about the interviews he gave. He's very clear, even patient in his interviews with reporters asking stupid questions. He doesn't appear nervous or anxious, and the guy really seems like a better version of himself. I absolutely loved reading what Hue Jackson said about Josh. For those who don't know, Hue recently stated he "was done" with Gordon, and what changed his mind was doing some research on addiction. He went on to say that Josh has a disease, and that's what he is going through.  Hue PUBLICLY said these things, and that's so important. Important not only for Josh, but for people to understand addiction in general. Yes addicts can have some appalling behavior, but they are SICK. 

Physically, it's almost impossible to imagine Josh being in the kind of shape he's currently in, and it's a testament to his dedication. To be away from the NFL for that long and to come in and basically be ready to play is simply incredible. I'm literally not expecting Josh to be rusty in the least bit. In fact, the only reason he's not going to have tremendous success is because Kizer is completely miserable. I went back and watched a YouTube video of every Josh Gordon touchdown, and Kizer can't make any of those throws consistently. Say what you want about Weeden and Campbell, but there were some throws they were very good at. Mark my words, we're going to have Josh open multiple times for big play potential, and Kizer is going to screw it up. He might complete a few of them, but the ball placement will prohibit any yards after catch...something Gordon excels at with proper accuracy. Hope I'm wrong, but doubtful. 

So if JFF goes through a similar process for his disease will Hue take him back? He was making progress as a QB when he crashed and burned and he's better than anyone we have now.

That's a fair question. I think the answer right now is no. I don't believe Manziel has gone back to rehab. Certainly not several 90 day programs. However, it's no secret that Josh is getting multiple opportunities because of his rare skill set. Manziel never really did much on the field, whereas Josh looked like he could dominate the league consistently if not suspended. What really hurts is Johnny could've been a very good fit in Hue's offense. 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So if JFF goes through a similar process for his disease will Hue take him back? He was making progress as a QB when he crashed and burned and he's better than anyone we have now.

Joe Thomas said that Johny's problem was that he didn't have the commitment needed for being a QB in the NFL. Good QBs are the ones that take more hours in the facility than anyone in the team. Team mates have said about Brees, for example, that it's impossible to arrive earlier than him. He's there even at 6-7 am.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Joe Thomas said that Johny's problem was that he didn't have the commitment needed for being a QB in the NFL. Good QBs are the ones that take more hours in the facility than anyone in the team. Team mates have said about Brees, for example, that it's impossible to arrive earlier than him. He's there even at 6-7 am.

I think it came out (after the fact) that Manziel was the "last to show up/first to leave" type of player at Texas A&M.

On 11/24/2017 at 4:33 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Unless he magically becomes a better gameday coach these last 6 games, then I have to agree he is toast. Or at least should be.

Yes, we can pray for magic. That seems to be all we have.

15 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Gordon is a stud. Kizer is capable of big plays. Don't count the kid out. You do realize that Cunty Coleman  has dropped 314 Kizer passes this season?

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Thing is, the difference between Johnny and Josh is Manziel has money- unless dad cut him off. Gordon grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. I haven't heard anything about Johnny Football taking the necessary steps to get on the good side of Goodell. IIRC he's suspended should any team even have an interest in him. (doubtful at this point) 

Was pointed out- Gordon has flashed elite talent- Manziel? Not so much.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived