oneartist

Josh Gordon - the missing piece

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Ah.... a veiled Zoey reference???

Actually she'd look pretty good in veils.

Yet you've said...

So the Iggles were FOS... got it.

... and money is still on you being a Phoolie alt. No way thee can be two members with egos this oversized...

I didn't know whether Wentz would be good or not two years ago.  I said as much(what you quoted above).  The eagles didn't either('know').  They looked at the situation, and made a yes call.  It looks like they were right.  They get kudos for that and rewards.  The Browns front office looked at the situation and made a no call.  It looks like they were wrong.  There are obvious negative repercussions for that.  Not sure why those basic concepts are difficult for you to understand.   

29 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

I didn't know whether Wentz would be good or not two years ago.  I said as much(what you quoted above).  The eagles didn't either('know').  They looked at the situation, and made a yes call.  It looks like they were right.  They get kudos for that and rewards.  The Browns front office looked at the situation and made a no call.  It looks like they were wrong.  There are obvious negative repercussions for that.  Not sure why those basic concepts are difficult for you to understand.  

I understand perfectly...

You have neither the talent nor the balls to make a stand on a player before hand.  Riddle me this... How can you always be right when you never take a position?

Life is much easier when all you do is sit back and throw rocks. Kudos...

20 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Got to thinking about Josh last nite... specifically... How the hell do you structure this guy's next contract?

Let's say that in the final five weeks he looks to all the world like the Flash of old... and I mean old since 2013 is a now distant memory.

Do you pay him commensurate with his top ten WR talent? He's going to want that kind of money... as in $10mm+/yr... with a huge signing bonus... and sizeable guaranteed money. How do you hand a recovering addict that kind of wad?

Assuming we do end up with his rights thru 2018, when do you do the deal? I have to assume some modicum of a loyalty discount for sticking with him for three years and counting, but do you "cash" that in the amount or the structure of the deal? And as his 2018 work reinforces his assumed 2017 showing, how quickly does that "discount" evaporate?

Financially we are protected against relapse as any suspension/ban negates the contract, but do... and can... you structure the deal to help him stay clean? By that I mean pay him a small bonus... pay him a small salary putting the bulk of his weekly paycheck in a trust that controls expenditures as long as he plays and stays clean, but locks down should he relapse?

Do you write in mandatory counseling in season? Mandatory "rehab stints" in the off-season?

All the above may end up being moot as he either may not be the player he was or another team will be willing to roll the dice and treat him like he was Mr. Clean in negotiations, but it's potentially one helluva quandary...

I know the perfect guy to handle such a situation. 

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I understand perfectly...

You have neither the talent nor the balls to make a stand on a player before hand.  Riddle me this... How can you always be right when you never take a position?

Life is much easier when all you do is sit back and throw rocks. Kudos...

With my wives my philosophy has always been it's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

2 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

Don't lie Mark-O

You'd be getting a raging one if that had happened..

Sorry...football players don't do it for me.    No matter what team they play for.    But apparently it does for you....not that there's anything wrong with that.  

Enjoy your dreams of Carson Wentz in a Browns uniform.  I'll focus on the players who are actually on the team.

On 11/17/2017 at 11:28 AM, Mark O said:

Sorry...football players don't do it for me.    No matter what team they play for.    But apparently it does for you....not that there's anything wrong with that.  

Enjoy your dreams of Carson Wentz in a Browns uniform.  I'll focus on the players who are actually on the team.

On 11/17/2017 at 8:02 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

With my wives my philosophy has always been it's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

lol... and she married you? ;)

Actually had an assistant Plant Manager impart that very "advice" to me about 30 years ago... and it was true. But it was only true when what I did worked.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... and she married you? ;)

Actually had an assistant Plant Manager impart that very "advice" to me about 30 years ago... and it was true. But it was only true when what I did worked.

He said wives Tour not wife, so maybe that didn't work out so well after all.:lol:

• Like 1

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

Browns coach Hue Jackson said getting Josh Gordon back is "like Christmas."

"I get to open a new toy," Jackson said. "I know what’s in that box, but I just want to see how good it is. It’s exciting that he’ll be back out there." Gordon is expected to return to practice this week, and he is eligible to return to the active roster Week 13. It still remains to be seen if he will be ready by then, but he has hit every target so far since being reinstated. Gordon remains worth a stash for teams headed to the fantasy playoffs.

Im a little worried Hue is going to have to apologize for saying having Gordon back is like having a new toy to play with.

Or is it ok since...

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

Im a little worried Hue is going to have to apologize for saying having Gordon back is like having a new toy to play with.

Or is it ok since...

Since he's black?

Managers and coaches use the "new toy to play with" line all the time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying that.

On another note, I have claimed Gordon in all three of my fantasy leagues for a postseason boost.

Looking forward to playing with my new toy.

Zombo

I know it doesn't mean anything, but the MSM is going to be all over it.

Someone will say its racciss

You don't remember the movie?  "The Toy"?

28 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Someone will say its racciss

I do remember the movie. I don't know what MSM is though.

And I think you are the only jackwad making a racial connection to Hue's comment.

Zombo

Someone will say its raccist

I saw nothing racial in it.   On the other hand, I could see where some could think it was a little gay.

• Like 1

Msm main stream media

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

I do remember the movie. I don't know what MSM is though.

And I think you are the only jackwad making a racial connection to Hue's comment.

Zombo

Main Stream Media.  You know, where you get actual news and information....   People that don't like MSM are like the three monkeys, hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil.   They don't like reality.....like the monkeys they hide their senses from it, and prefer getting horseshite shoved up their arses as their only method of absorbing information.

• Like 1

Lol i hope you were kidding whe you said actual news

28 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Lol i hope you were kidding whe you said actual news

I am assuming you are one who gets his information from his ampulla.

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Since he's black?

Managers and coaches use the "new toy to play with" line all the time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying that.

On another note, I have claimed Gordon in all three of my fantasy leagues for a postseason boost.

Looking forward to playing with my new toy.

Zombo

True, lots of coaches use that analogy. To me, it's still funny though.

Josh Gordon:

So there's 6 games left.  Unless our brain-trust are TOTAL fools, he doesn't play this week.  (...and OUR brain-trust ALWAYS leaves doubt about being TOTAL fools)

Therefore, we own him for 2018.

As for us negotiating a contract renewal...that will depend on how he does in these final weeks of the season...including his time on the field.  It will also depend on his offseason and if he can stay on the straight and narrow.  I wouldn't rush into a contract signing session with him.

I don't know how far one can go with structuring a contract with 'if-then' statements....but we need some assurance that we're not wasting more time and effort on a 3-time-loser to be.

Don't worry, whether he plays or not this week is not on our brain-trusts. He started practice with the team today, but he cannot play till next week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870891/article/josh-gordon-to-be-reinstated-on-conditional-basis

If coach was white the liberals would be out with pitchforks at the toy reference... relax man it was just a joke.  But in america you cant make jokes

If coach was white the liberals would be out with pitchforks at the toy reference... relax man it was just a joke.  But in america you cant make jokes

Nobody has any fuyucking clue what you are talking about with this "toy" reference and how it pertains to race.  Is everything for you an opportunity to race bait?