THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon - the missing piece

oneartist

Kizer is a very smart Quarterback and his development showed on Sunday. Josh Gordon is one of the best wide receivers in the NFL. He has finally recognized the need to drop the drugs and he is ready to really make a difference. Even though the record is 0 and 9, the Browns development is happening. The worst mistake that could be made now would be to start over and get new coaches. Leave everyone where they are and let the development continue. I'm expecting the experienced Kizer and the renewed Gordon to make a huge impact on the NFL.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next 7 games will tell... If we don't get 2-4 wins (which is not likely), or show some promise, the coach is going to be in jeopardy.

Let's hope everything goes to better. Kizer had an acceptable game against Minnesota and improved in Detroit. He needs to get better every game, and I hope he does against Jacksonville, and Coleman contributes too.

As for Gordon, he's coming back in 2 weeks. Let's talk about him then.

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

Next 7 games will tell... If we don't get 2-4 wins (which is not likely), or show some promise, the coach is going to be in jeopardy.

Let's hope everything goes to better. Kizer had an acceptable game against Minnesota and improved in Detroit. He needs to get better every game, and I hope he does against Jacksonville, and Coleman contributes too.

As for Gordon, he's coming back in 2 weeks. Let's talk about him then.

This is a real test this weekend for Kizer.  Personally, I hope the coach is already in jeopardy. 

HAHAHAHAHA Not cutting this dumb Shmuck ASAP shows only that this organization hasn't learned a god damned thing.

8 minutes ago, Browns_Shmucking_Rule said:

HAHAHAHAHA Not cutting this dumb Shmuck ASAP shows only that this organization hasn't learned a god damned thing.

Well think about it, if he olays sonewhat well for a few games his trade stock goes up. Cutting him gets us nothing. He cant hurt the team at this point

I get what you're saying Clev... I just think it sends the wrong message to the team and the league and I don't think there will be any trade deals with him. Hell I don't even think anyone would pick him up if we cut him.

2 hours ago, oneartist said:

Kizer is a very smart Quarterback and his development showed on Sunday. Josh Gordon is one of the best wide receivers in the NFL. He has finally recognized the need to drop the drugs and he is ready to really make a difference. Even though the record is 0 and 9, the Browns development is happening. The worst mistake that could be made now would be to start over and get new coaches. Leave everyone where they are and let the development continue. I'm expecting the experienced Kizer and the renewed Gordon to make a huge impact on the NFL.

kizer is a one trick , one read QB.. get over it...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Yes, exactly. Kizer already has his many issues and now he's got the sweet baby back ribs special to pile onto the suckage. 

Hogan is known to be very cerebral and capable of dissecting a defense and making plays happen in rhythm. Hogan didn't have Coleman or Britt, both were sent home before the Huston game. All I know is if Hogan had Britt, Coleman and Gordon at his disposal he's going to put up Matt Ryan numbers.

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Yes, exactly. Kizer already has his many issues and now he's got the sweet baby back ribs special to pile onto the suckage. 

Hogan is known to be very cerebral and capable of dissecting a defense and making plays happen in rhythm. Hogan didn't have Coleman or Britt, both were sent home before the Huston game. All I know is if Hogan had Britt, Coleman and Gordon at his disposal he's going to put up Matt Ryan numbers.

Hahaha. 

Good Lord....now 3rd string and inactive most weeks Carl Hogan is just as good as reigning NFL MVP and super bowl runner up Matt Ryan?    You're just ridiculous dude...you're worse than a troll..you're just lame. 

beating-a-dead-horse-gif-4.gif

5 hours ago, Browns_Shmucking_Rule said:

I get what you're saying Clev... I just think it sends the wrong message to the team and the league and I don't think there will be any trade deals with him. Hell I don't even think anyone would pick him up if we cut him.

Anyone other than the 31 other teams in the NFL?

5 hours ago, Browns_Shmucking_Rule said:

A guy who's running a 4.3 after being out of the league for two years? Plus he's led the league in receiving over a a12 game season, have you been partaking in what Josh left off?

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Well think about it, if he olays sonewhat well for a few games his trade stock goes up. Cutting him gets us nothing. He cant hurt the team at this point

what the Shmuck...you think these other teams are as Shmucking stupid as the browns...they will see  as you say olaying and won't want anything to do with him....are you nuts....would you want him after watching him olay

6 hours ago, oneartist said:

Don't forget that Cleveland dropped  Belichick to early. I still think Hue Jackson will be a great coach. 

mmmmm. didn't the browns pack up and leave for baltimore while he was still the coach...if i remember correctly, the year before belichick took the clowns to the playoffs and ironically beat the pats before losing to the steelers for the 3rd time. then the following yr, they started off pretty good until the rumor became a fact about the move...so i think he was without a job..he did not get let go....

4 minutes ago, browns52 said:

what the Shmuck...you think these other teams are as Shmucking stupid as the browns...they will see  as you say olaying and won't want anything to do with him....are you nuts....would you want him after watching him olay

I said if he plays well and "doesnt" loaf. I dunno we'll see

2 minutes ago, browns52 said:

mmmmm. didn't the browns pack up and leave for baltimore while he was still the coach...if i remember correctly, the year before belichick took the clowns to the playoffs and ironically beat the pats before losing to the steelers for the 3rd time. then the following yr, they started off pretty good until the rumor became a fact about the move...so i think he was without a job..he did not get let go....

Not only that, Belichick himself remarked that he was never going to be the guy destined to have a bust in the HOF in Cleveland. He said he needed to get fired to learn things about himself.

8 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Well now we know you're just Shmucking trolling.  

18 hours ago, oneartist said:

Kizer is a very smart young Quarterback and his development showed on Sunday. Josh Gordon is was one of the best wide receivers in the NFL.

Minor mods to some pretty good stuff from a rookie...

Kizer has made progress, but has a ways to go and may not get there convincingly in the remaining time. No telling what Gordon has left for the game, but I look forward to seeing what he has.

Welcome to the Boards...

18 hours ago, Nero said:

Depends on the nature of the losses more than the numbers. But personally I think Hue is safe so long as he does accept "help" of some sort in an expanded staff.

18 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Will he loaf off the line like he was doing when hoyer was here?

In fairness to Josh, if he ran full out he outran Hoyer's arm in about 2.4 seconds. Not going to be the case come week 13.*

* unless we actually start Hogan...

16 hours ago, nickers said:

You................................ are.................................. not................................ looking................................

17 hours ago, Browns_Shmucking_Rule said:

Well that’s because you’re stupid 

52 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Well that’s because you’re stupid 

Funny.. The "Stupid" calling others stupid.. LOL

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Minor mods to some pretty good stuff from a rookie...

Kizer has made progress, but has a ways to go and may not get there convincingly in the remaining time. No telling what Gordon has left for the game, but I look forward to seeing what he has.

Welcome to the Boards...

Thank you for your thoughtful, intelligent comments. Kizer is young. Should we have drafted Watson and let Garrret go? I don't think so.  I was listening to the Detroit radio announcers and they were praising Kizer's game and even said there could have been a different outcome if he had played the whole game. I come to a Cleveland forum and I see less praise than opposing radio announcers. We need more spirit leaders. I still think we are headed in the right direction. Patience is needed. A little trivia - In 1965  we were were parked next to Jim browns' car in the parking lot and he got in and drove away. 

17 hours ago, browns52 said:

Thanks for clarifying. I always wondered why he was let go. 

Archived